PDA

View Full Version : Best free Antivirus

alipops
02-12-18, 19:07
My free Norton Antivirus has run out. I used Avast in the past.

Is this still the best free one?

Spooky Tree
02-12-18, 19:12
Just use Windows Defender. Does the job as well as any other. Also has a browser plugin.

life on mars
02-12-18, 19:20
In this new era of virus and hacking I think a good security system, is worth it , your personal bank details could be taken ,so easily , that cost would so easily out weigh the 30 bucks for a decent protection.

I've bought (Bit Defender ) for a few years now , it doesnt bloat your system , runs well in the background , can share on other devices, and it's been well worth the purchase .

blue matt
02-12-18, 20:14
buy a chromebook :thumbup:

bobh
02-12-18, 20:20
https://www.thetop10antivirus.com/best-free-antivirus?gclid=Cj0KCQiAoo7gBRDuARIsANeJKUax5-10j-H8hE_MxyEOEW76OK8_BEDgeH47rrPvr4v5LvTbtwPCMF0aAmdw EALw_wcB

CCFC27
02-12-18, 20:23
Avast, without doubt

Vindec
02-12-18, 20:26
If you bank with Barclays you can get the paid for version of Kapersky anti virus for free.

GL1Blue
02-12-18, 20:28
If you bank with Barclays you can get the paid for version of Kapersky anti virus for free.

And share all your details with the Russian Government 😂

Spooky Tree
02-12-18, 20:50
Paid for an antivirus for years, and realised from reading/recommendations etc that there's no point. Windows has it's own built in and it's solid. Save your money and just use that.

Note: Never had a virus on my computer, ever.

fred keenor
02-12-18, 20:53
Avast for me, always reliable with updates and scans

Michael Morris
02-12-18, 21:09
Paid for an antivirus for years, and realised from reading/recommendations etc that there's no point. Windows has it's own built in and it's solid. Save your money and just use that.

Note: Never had a virus on my computer, ever.

I always use windows defender on all the pcs I set up. I find free commercial anti virus bothers you to upgrade and a full paid package tries to do too much and tell you about it all the time thereby using unnecessary resources.

The Gifaffe
02-12-18, 21:32
I used Avast for years and got a great level of free protection from it.

However, I read an article in one of the PC magazines which tended to suggest that it slows down the running of applications.
As a BT customer I now have access to the Mcafee BT Virus Protect and have uninstalled Avast. It makes a huge difference to the speed of simple stuff like Google Earth. I won't be going back.