06-03-19, 22:01
Fair play to him he's proven me wrong about him unbelievable turn around

Zenith
06-03-19, 22:09
Played 17
Won 14
Drawn 2
Lost 1

That is nothing short of superb, at any level.

He has to get the job full time.

SABlue
06-03-19, 22:13
Fair play .......... Utd deserved it

BlueArmy 86
06-03-19, 22:17
9 away wins on the bounce including arsenal Tottenham Chelsea and now PSG with 10 first teamers out. Can’t knock him..

Heisenberg
06-03-19, 22:27
It seems to be the perfect match between him and Man United. The job he's doing there is incredible and he deserves every plaudit...

But it still doesn't change the fact that he was shit with us and had to go when he did.

mazadona10
06-03-19, 22:32
Such thin margins United didn't deserve to win that game let alone progress.

Mourinho had sapped the life put of United and he is the perfect tonic for that.

Wolfmother
06-03-19, 22:33
It seems to be the perfect match between him and Man United. The job he's doing there is incredible and he deserves every plaudit...

But it still doesn't change the fact that he was shit with us and had to go when he did.

No he didn't. He needed time to turn a shit club around. Hope we have more patients with the next one of his caliber.

Wolfmother
06-03-19, 22:35
Such thin margins United didn't deserve to win that game let alone progress.

Mourinho had sapped the life put of United and he is the perfect tonic for that.

Good shout Paul Ince! Anyone could have done it!

Wales-Bales
06-03-19, 22:42
Going directly from playing to managing the Man Utd reserves was the making of Ole, no fecking about with the U16's! :hehe:

StraightOuttaCanton
06-03-19, 22:46
Didnt realise he was ill

Tickled me

StraightOuttaCanton
06-03-19, 22:48
No he didn't. He needed time to turn a shit club around. Hope we have more patients with the next one of his caliber.

To be fair we picked up a few casualties that had to be dealt with after he left😉

Llandaff Blue

Some managers aren't the right fit, he was a disaster here and for all the right reasons (for both parties) was moved on. He was a nice bloke so fair play to him, deserves the job full time

Wolfmother
Tickled me
And there is your illness. No balm will cure that. Only the next generation. Sleep tight

Wolfmother
06-03-19, 22:49
To be fair we picked up a few casualties that had to be dealt with after he left😉

I can think of one. Slade..

Heisenberg
06-03-19, 22:50

Oh, hey! Wolf is back everyone... Hooray.

You will never convince me that Solskjaer would have turned City's fortunes around. The base he has at United means he can implement whatever style he wants to play and the players are good enough to make it work. They were missing 10 players tonight and still had a few hundred million pounds worth of players in their starting line up... He wouldn't get that at more than a handful of clubs.

I've already given him credit for what he's doing at Man United and it doesn't seem to be a fluke... But stop trying to re-write history. He was a terrible manager for City and was deservedly sacked.

Heisenberg
06-03-19, 22:53
Going directly from playing to managing the Man Utd reserves was the making of Ole, no fecking about with the U16's! :hehe:

You're going to try to wriggle out of this... But you're wrong, again.

He was a striker coach before managing the reserves.

How are you always wrong? Seriously.

Wolfmother
06-03-19, 22:55
Oh, hey! Wolf is back everyone... Hooray.

You will never convince me that Solskjaer would have turned City's fortunes around. The base he has at United means he can implement whatever style he wants to play and the players are good enough to make it work. They were missing 10 players tonight and still had a few hundred million pounds worth of players in their starting line up... He wouldn't get that at more than a handful of clubs.

I've already given him credit for what he's doing at Man United and it doesn't seem to be a fluke... But stop trying to re-write history. He was a terrible manager for City and was deservedly sacked.

I know I won't. You don't have the brains for it. Straight lines and long balls, , with a short term potential is more than you can handle. I'm not rewriteing anything. Just giving perspective.
He just took his reserve team and made a night out out of it.. Anyone could have done it 👍

jamieccfc
06-03-19, 22:55

He'll just try and move the goal posts now

Wales-Bales
06-03-19, 22:58

U16 strikers coach? :biggrin:

Heisenberg
06-03-19, 22:58
I know I won't. You don't have the brains for it. Straight lines and long balls, , with a short term potential is more than you can handle. I'm not rewriteing anything. Just giving perspective.

Love it. Thanks for your incredible insight, as always, Wolfy. Try not to get banned again too soon for being a c**t, will you xxx

Heisenberg
06-03-19, 23:00
U16 strikers coach? :biggrin:

Nice try :hehe:

Wolfmother
06-03-19, 23:00
Love it. Thanks for your incredible insight, as always, Wolfy. Try not to get banned again too soon for being a c**t, will you xxx

I'm sure I will, responding to another goat..Take it on the chin walking among idiots though.. xxx

Heisenberg
06-03-19, 23:03
I'm sure I will, responding to another goat..Take it on the chin walking among idiots though.. xxx
I'm too stupid to understand any of that, sorry.

Wales-Bales
06-03-19, 23:03
Nice try :hehe:
I just checked, and he went directly to coaching the 1st team strikers. Fast-track Ole :thumbup:

Heisenberg
06-03-19, 23:05
I just checked, and he went directly to coaching the 1st team strikers. Fast-track Ole :thumbup:

Wait... You said he went straight from playing to managing the reserves. Does that mean that you were wrong earlier then?

Wolfmother
06-03-19, 23:06
I'm too stupid to understand any of that, sorry.

True. Nice to agree of something, other than your long road of humble pie..

Heisenberg
06-03-19, 23:08
True. Nice to agree of something, other than your long road of humble pie..

Are you the Norwegian David Brent?

Wolfmother
06-03-19, 23:12

Who is the Norwegian David Brent? You said you would die before you admit you where wrong. Ill argue the same with any progressive manager with an eye for details. Witch you won't.

Wales-Bales
06-03-19, 23:12
Wait... You said he went straight from playing to managing the reserves. Does that mean that you were wrong earlier then?
It was just a quick glance on Wikipedia. He stopped playing in 2007 and managed the reserves in 2008. I never knew he had a short stint coaching fully grown men who were among the best football players in Europe. How would he know what to do without first starting on the bottom rung of the coaching ladder?

First Pep, and now Ole! This is turning into a bit of a scandal, with all of these managers taking short cuts into coaching. Who is helping the kids?

Heisenberg
06-03-19, 23:21
Who is the Norwegian David Brent? You said you would die before you admit you where wrong. Ill argue the same with any progressive manager with an eye for details. Witch you won't.

I never said that at all. I said that you would never convince me that Solskjaer could have turned around City's fortunes. How can either of us be wrong when we will never actually know what would have happened?

Whatever Solskjaer achieves in his career will never mean that he could have fixed the mess he helped to create at City... And that's what I'm talking about when I say that you're trying to re-write history.

It's all well and good talking about patience (or patients) but when you're a recently relegated manager and taking your team towards the relegation zone in the division below, how much time are you expected to get to turn things around?

Basically, we will never know what would have happened had he stayed, but we were on a downward trajectory from the day he joined the club and I'm glad he didn't continue in his role any longer than he did.

Heisenberg
06-03-19, 23:22
It was just a quick glance on Wikipedia. He stopped playing in 2007 and managed the reserves in 2008. I never knew he had a short stint coaching fully grown men who were among the best football players in Europe. How would he know what to do without first starting on the bottom rung of the coaching ladder?

First Pep, and now Ole! This is turning into a bit of a scandal, with all of these managers taking short cuts into coaching. Who is helping the kids?

:hehe: So you were wrong then. Thanks for admitting it for once.

Wolfmother
06-03-19, 23:25
I never said that at all. I said that you would never convince me that Solskjaer could have turned around City's fortunes. How can either of us be wrong when we will never actually know what would have happened?

Whatever Solskjaer achieves in his career will never mean that he could have fixed the mess he helped to create at City... And that's what I'm talking about when I say that you're trying to re-write history.

It's all well and good talking about patience (or patients) but when you're a recently relegated manager and taking your team towards the relegation zone in the division below, how much time are you expected to get to turn things around?

Basically, we will never know what would have happened had he stayed, but we were on a downward trajectory from the day he joined the club and I'm glad he didn't continue in his role any longer than he did.
It was never about winning or loosing at that time. it was about red and blue. Toxic. It had to take time. it even had to take Slade. If you dont understand that, so be it. The day Warnock makes a first half change like that, ill give it to you. But your simplistic "it didn't work", dont sit right with me..

Wales-Bales
06-03-19, 23:28
:hehe: So you were wrong then. Thanks for admitting it for once.
A teeny-weeny bit wrong, but I have opened up a huge can of worms in the process!

Don Corleone
06-03-19, 23:33
Ole should go down as one of the greatest managers we’ve ever had. Thanks to him helping to take us down and struggling so badly the following season, Tan put us back into blue. So it turned out alright in the end!

Heisenberg
06-03-19, 23:34
It was never about winning or loosing at that time. it was about red and blue. Toxic. It had to take time. it even had to take Slade. If you dont understand that, so be it. The day Warnock makes a first half change like that, ill give it to you. But your simplistic "it didn't work", dont sit right with me..
Of course it doesn't sit right with you and you seem to take it far too personally.

In my situation, it's nothing personal at all when it comes to Solskjaer... he's actually one of only 3 Man Utd players in history that I'd ever admit to liking (Mata and Kanchelskis are the other two).

I just can't agree that he should have been afforded more time when results were poor and there was no cohesion on the pitch.

Heisenberg
06-03-19, 23:34
A teeny-weeny bit wrong, but I have opened up a huge can of worms in the process!

Is the can of worms full of other times you've been wrong?

Wolfmother
06-03-19, 23:38
Of course it doesn't sit right with you and you seem to take it far too personally.

In my situation, it's nothing personal at all when it comes to Solskjaer... he's actually one of only 3 Man Utd players in history that I'd ever admit to liking (Mata and Kanchelskis are the other two).

I just can't agree that he should have been afforded more time when results were poor and there was no cohesion on the pitch.
I dont even take my personal life personally, so your out there on your own again.. I know. you think 7 games with a new squad, AND in a toxic environment is sufficient. i get that. its what i say is moronic. lets leave it at that. for now.

Heisenberg
06-03-19, 23:49
I dont even take my personal life personally, so your out there on your own again.. I know. you think 7 games with a new squad, AND in a toxic environment is sufficient. i get that. its what i say is moronic. lets leave it at that. for now.
"I don't even take my personal life personally" :hehe: Seriously, Wolf, Google 'David Brent'. He's essentially a fictitious Brendan Rodgers in terms of ridiculous sayings and isms.

You're just writing off his failings in the Premier League with City then? That will certainly help his win percentage, if nothing else.

Wolfmother
07-03-19, 00:00
"I don't even take my personal life personally" :hehe: Seriously, Wolf, Google 'David Brent'. He's essentially a fictitious Brendan Rodgers in terms of ridiculous sayings and isms.

You're just writing off his failings in the Premier League with City then? That will certainly help his win percentage, if nothing else.
exactly. My daily rutine is dictated by logic and reasoning. With affection for details. Been on a good run with that philosophy. Try it! won't hit as many bumps as you seem to do. And again, simplistic. The team we had was shit, and not his. We actually have a better team now, but somehow Warnock can do no wrong. How stupid is that? and its his own team.. He just took a team of kids and reserves to the quarter finals. And somehow you think it dont fit Cardiff City? He made a 400% turnover profit for Molde, and beating Ajax in their european group. That dont sit with you either? I just imagine what we would have been by now, and hope we give the next one of his calibre more time. And fans like yourself be gone. This club has big potential, even though your low self belief.

Heisenberg
07-03-19, 00:08
exactly. My daily rutine is dictated by logic and reasoning. With affection for details. Been on a good run with that philosophy. Try it! won't hit as many bumps as you seem to do. And again, simplistic. The team we had was shit, and not his. We actually have a better team now, but somehow Warnock can do no wrong. How stupid is that? and its his own team.. He just took a team of kids and reserves to the quarter finals. And somehow you think it dont fit Cardiff City? He made a 400% turnover profit for Molde, and beating Ajax in their european group. That dont sit with you either? I just imagine what we would have been by now, and hope we give the next one of his calibre more time. And fans like yourself be gone. This club has big potential, even though your low self belief.
I've already said that it's a great achievement beating PSG tonight but you have to go out and make it out to be something else... "kids and reserves"? You mean a starting XI including De Gea, Young, Smalling, Bailly, Lindelof, Shaw, Rashford, Fred and Lukaku? Not much experience or transfer value in that lot :hehe:

life on mars
07-03-19, 00:34

Well done WB !you got it spot on .

Wolfmother
07-03-19, 00:39
I've already said that it's a great achievement beating PSG tonight but you have to go out and make it out to be something else... "kids and reserves"? You mean a starting XI including De Gea, Young, Smalling, Bailly, Lindelof, Shaw, Rashford, Fred and Lukaku? Not much experience or transfer value in that lot :hehe:

You dont think they fielded a reserve team either? No kids Either? When was the last time we put on a 17 year old? Thats right, under Ole.. Not much value when looking at PSG, no.

the other bob wilson
07-03-19, 06:55
Maybe I'm having a memory lapse, but I don't recall there being reams of threads on here expressing outrage at the board for Ole's departure at the time.

I've had to change my opinion of Ole as a manager somewhat over the past three months or so, but I've not had to alter my opinion of him as a Cardiff City manager because what he is doing now has no effect on that at all - I thought he was a hopeless City manager in September 2014 and I think he was a hopeless City manager now.

Heisenberg
07-03-19, 07:59
Well done WB !you got it spot on .

Aww... That's cute :hehe:

Heisenberg
07-03-19, 08:07
Maybe I'm having a memory lapse, but I don't recall there being reams of threads on here expressing outrage at the board for Ole's departure at the time.

I've had to change my opinion of Ole as a manager somewhat over the past three months or so, but I've not had to alter my opinion of him as a Cardiff City manager because what he is doing now has no effect on that at all - I thought he was a hopeless City manager in September 2014 and I think he was a hopeless City manager now.
Now you've done it. Be prepared to have your logic, intelligence, passion, football knowledge, status in life, wealth, national identity and numerous other characteristics called into question and flat out insulted in the coming weeks by our resident one-man Solskjaer fan club... until his new username is eventually banned.

Llandaff Blue
07-03-19, 09:20

You are literally not a Cardiff fan. You only popped up on **** when OGS came in and ever since he’s been sacked you’ve been winding up Cardiff fans and shitting all over the club and its fans. I am really impressed you’re still going at this even after the bans you’ve had

Wolfmother
07-03-19, 11:22
Now you've done it. Be prepared to have your logic, intelligence, passion, football knowledge, status in life, wealth, national identity and numerous other characteristics called into question and flat out insulted in the coming weeks by our resident one-man Solskjaer fan club... until his new username is eventually banned.

Why should he be prepared for that? He is actually one of few reasons worth while reading this forum, along with a hand full of posters. Knows his football, follow and write about the youngsters. Which is pretty much the future of the club.
Top poster and information source. Not like you having opinions on everything, then go on and on saying you have not expressed any opinion.. Different rules for different people, so no doubt i will be banned. Somehow you are still here.

Heisenberg
07-03-19, 11:38
Why should he be prepared for that? He is actually one of few reasons worth while reading this forum, along with a hand full of posters. Knows his football, follow and write about the youngsters. Which is pretty much the future of the club.
Top poster and information source. Not like you having opinions on everything, then go on and on saying you have not expressed any opinion.. Different rules for different people, so no doubt i will be banned. Somehow you are still here.

Because you've been abusive towards me since you replied to my first critical post about Solskjaer a month or so ago... Which is exactly what TOBW has just done.

Also... You appear to have been banned for stepping over the line a thread about Emiliano Sala and causing offence... So, for that, you have no moral high ground to cling to, sorry.

City123
07-03-19, 11:43
Its Wales Bales

Wolfmother
07-03-19, 11:52
Because you've been abusive towards me since you replied to my first critical post about Solskjaer a month or so ago... Which is exactly what TOBW has just done.

Also... You appear to have been banned for stepping over the line a thread about Emiliano Sala and causing offence... So, for that, you have no moral high ground to cling to, sorry.
Abusive towards you? Dont think so mate. just think you lack a bit in the intelligence department, and i dont mind people disagreeing with me. It would be strange if people wasn't . Your rhetoric and pisstaking is what get you in trouble. Every time. Then you backtrack when caught out. That is not why i was banned. I got banned for translating camarasas tweet on a child, and biting back. I never stepped over any line in any "Sala thread", so dont even go there.. But dont think its worth discussing anymore, is it? Dont remember if it was me or you who got this thread off topic. But i is now. SO...

Mr Soul '68
07-03-19, 11:54
Fair play to him he's proven me wrong about him unbelievable turn around

He is being guided by Alex Ferguson and Mike Phelan. Without those two pointing him in the right direction he would still be the 'Useless One' as he was with us!!

Heisenberg
07-03-19, 12:06
Abusive towards you? Dont think so mate. just think you lack a bit in the intelligence department, and i dont mind people disagreeing with me. It would be strange if people wasn't . Your rhetoric and pisstaking is what get you in trouble. Every time. Then you backtrack when caught out. That is not why i was banned. I got banned for translating camarasas tweet on a child, and biting back. I never stepped over any line in any "Sala thread", so dont even go there.. But dont think its worth discussing anymore, is it? Dont remember if it was me or you who got this thread off topic. But i is now. SO...

You're right, it's absolutely pointless engaging with you. I'll put you on 'ignore' so there's no temptation in the future.

Wolfmother
07-03-19, 12:08
You're right, it's absolutely pointless engaging with you. I'll put you on 'ignore' so there's no temptation in the future.

Thanks:thumbup: Ill just keep reading, like i do 90% of the time..

Wales-Bales
07-03-19, 12:43

Cardiff City was Ole's deer in the headlights moment.

BLUETIT
07-03-19, 12:47
Cardiff City was Ole's dear in the headlights moment.

Read this 3 times and thought “what the f uck is he on about” !!!!

Then I realised it should be “DEER” :hehe::hehe:

Optimistic Nick
07-03-19, 12:48

I think Ole would agree he was hopeless when he was here. It would be hard even for him to argue with that really. Because he was hopeless.

It goes to show what football fans know really. We thought it was a great appointment. It wasn't, it was awful. And we then thought that he was a terrible manager. He wasn't. He was just a terrible manager for us.

However I would say that of our many and various shit managers, he seems to have fared best in the fans' view. Despite his dreadful management that played a significant part in seeing us relegated he is not really disliked, and I suspect that is because he seems to be a decent person at heart.

Wales-Bales
07-03-19, 13:08
Read this 3 times and thought “what the f uck is he on about” !!!!

Then I realised it should be “DEER” :hehe::hehe:
Oh deer! :hehe:

Wales-Bales
07-03-19, 13:11
I think Ole would agree he was hopeless when he was here. It would be hard even for him to argue with that really. Because he was hopeless.

It goes to show what football fans know really. We thought it was a great appointment. It wasn't, it was awful. And we then thought that he was a terrible manager. He wasn't. He was just a terrible manager for us.

However I would say that of our many and various shit managers, he seems to have fared best in the fans' view. Despite his dreadful management that played a significant part in seeing us relegated he is not really disliked, and I suspect that is because he seems to be a decent person at heart.
He didn't have the Man U backroom team behind him when he was here, nor the guidance of Ferguson.

splott parker
07-03-19, 13:22
He just took his reserve team and made a night out out of it.. Anyone could have done it 👍

Where’s the patients in this post? Have they got better? 🤪

the other bob wilson
07-03-19, 13:23

Agreed, I went to a a meeting he had with fans which was organised by the Trust. It was held about three days after Palace had thumped us 3-0 down here, but fronted up and handled what could well have been a difficult occasion very well, even though he did admit to being a little distracted because Manchester United were playing a Champions League Quarter Final at the time! After that meeting I really wanted him to succeed with us and I remember that when we won at Southampton the following weekend, I began to think he might just keep us up, but I think the fact that he had never been involved before with a struggling club during his football career (apart from us, I'd say he still hasn't) made his task a lot harder than he thought it would be.

lardy
07-03-19, 13:42
Yeah, I hated his tenure with us as I've never seen a team look so clueless and disorganised, but it can't be denied that he has a likeable personality.

Rjk
07-03-19, 13:50
To this day, if you asked any Cardiff fans what ole was trying to achieve, and how he was trying to get us to play I don't think anyone could muster a decent explanation. I doubt many of the players could either from what we saw.

Contrast that to Warnock here and instantly everyone knows exactly what they should be doing.
Ole at Manu is similar, as soon as he got there players just seemed to know what they should be doing

Wales-Bales
07-03-19, 13:55
To this day, if you asked any Cardiff fans what ole was trying to achieve, and how he was trying to get us to play I don't think anyone could muster a decent explanation. I doubt many of the players could either from what we saw.

Contrast that to Warnock here and instantly everyone knows exactly what they should be doing.
Ole at Manu is similar, as soon as he got there players just seemed to know what they should be doing
Ole has got a decent coaching team behind him at Man U, so his job is to stay positive and give rousing team talks.

Rjk
07-03-19, 14:23
Ole has got a decent coaching team behind him at Man U, so his job is to stay positive and give rousing team talks.

I've seen plenty of people bigging up the influence of other coaches like phelan and Carrick at man it's, but the reality is none of us really know who is responsible for what at the club

Wales-Bales
07-03-19, 15:20
I've seen plenty of people bigging up the influence of other coaches like phelan and Carrick at man it's, but the reality is none of us really know who is responsible for what at the club
Why do you keep coming up with all this "none of us really know" shite? Mike Phelan was Alex Ferguson's head coach from 2001-2008 and his assistant manager from 2008-2013. It's fecking obvious who the tactician is, and it's no coincidence they are playing the Fergus way!

Wales-Bales
07-03-19, 15:25
A great photo of the big boss and the new boss..

https://s.iw.ro/gateway/g/ZmlsZVNvdXJjZT1odHRwJTNBJTJGJTJG/c3RvcmFnZTAxdHJhbnNjb2Rlci5yY3Mt/cmRzLnJvJTJGc3RvcmFnZSUyRjIwMTkl/MkYwMyUyRjA3JTJGMTA1MDAzMV8xMDUw/MDMxX0NhbnRvbmEtU2lyLUFsZXgtRmVy/Z3Vzb24tT2xlLUd1bm5hci1Tb2xza2ph/ZXItMS5qcGcmdz0xMDYwJmg9NjM2Jnpj/PTEmaGFzaD0xMDlhMzRiMjk3ZmJjZmUxYmI1MjYyZTkwYzg4Y2 Q2Ng==.thumb.jpg

Rjk
07-03-19, 15:53
Why do you keep coming up with all this "none of us really know" shite? Mike Phelan was Alex Ferguson's head coach from 2001-2008 and his assistant manager from 2008-2013. It's fecking obvious who the tactician is, and it's no coincidence they are playing the Fergus way!

Sorry, I meant to say none of us really know - apart from Wales-Bales

Wales-Bales
07-03-19, 16:21
Sorry, I meant to say none of us really know - apart from Wales-Bales
Plus everybody else in the world who has ever kicked a football :biggrin:

Eric the Half a Bee
07-03-19, 16:23
To this day, if you asked any Cardiff fans what ole was trying to achieve, and how he was trying to get us to play I don't think anyone could muster a decent explanation.

He tried to get us to play a more measured passing game with midfielders getting forward, unlike the negative game we had under Mackay that season. Players like Daehli, Eikrem were technically better than some of our midfielders, Cala was comfortable with the ball at his feet unlike Turner, Hudson and Connolly and Burgstaller is a very good player. Craig Noone became more of a regular under him and played some of his best football for us under Ole.

I think if he had time on his side, he could have moulded something decent together, but he was always fishing for results. Too many changes per starting line up meant no consistency and our defensive discipline disintegrated. We didn't play any pressing game from what I remember and what might have been a good idea got picked apart.

We did score more goals under Solskjaer than we did under Mackay in the PL. Pity we let way too many in as well.

Rjk
07-03-19, 16:41
Plus everybody else in the world who is a total fantasist :biggrin:

Quite

Wales-Bales
07-03-19, 16:57
Quite
It's fairly obvious the current Man Utd team have taken a step back in time mate. I wouldn't be surprised if old purple nose isn't the instigator of it all, from his perch upstairs. They've had 5 years of dross, and OGS is the perfect frontman to be in charge of a return to the recent successful past.

thehumblegringo
07-03-19, 16:59
Quite

:hehe:

He really is a car crash!

His whole range of answers for everything are sourced from Wikipedia

Wales-Bales
07-03-19, 17:04
:hehe:

He really is a car crash!

His whole range of answers for everything are sourced from Wikipedia
Ah, here comes the backup. 5 of you talking the same old shit doesn't make the 5 of you right! I could handle 10 of you lot without even breaking into a sweat. Fecking amateurs :hehe:

Rjk
07-03-19, 17:15
It's fairly obvious the current Man Utd team have taken a step back in time mate. I wouldn't be surprised if old purple nose isn't the instigator of it all, from his perch upstairs. They've had 5 years of dross, and OGS is the perfect frontman to be in charge of a return to the recent successful past.

So 5 minutes ago it was ****ing obvious that the tactician was Mike phelan behind it all, and now you suspect it might be Alex Ferguson pulling the strings?
It's fine to have these opinions, but why can't you admit that'swhat they are, and that you dont really know? Do you have a pathological need to want to impress us all with your supposed knowledge, because from what I can see it is absolutely having the opposite effect.

City123
07-03-19, 17:25
So 5 minutes ago it was ****ing obvious that the tactician was Mike phelan behind it all, and now you suspect it might be Alex Ferguson pulling the strings?
It's fine to have these opinions, but why can't you admit that'swhat they are, and that you dont really know? Do you have a pathological need to want to impress us all with your supposed knowledge, because from what I can see it is absolutely having the opposite effect.
You mustn't question him, he's Russel Group educated!

Wales-Bales
07-03-19, 17:35
I think you need to look up the meaning of the word instigator, before you embarrass yourself any further :biggrin:

Wales-Bales
07-03-19, 17:39
You mustn't question him, he's Russel Group educated!
Listen big guy, swarming and personal attacks are not a legitimate debating tactic, it just makes you look like a cull dunt.

City123
07-03-19, 17:41
Listen big guy, swarming and personal attacks are not a legitimate debating tactic, it just makes you look like a cull dunt.
Personal attacks! :hehe: :hehe:

Llandaff Blue
07-03-19, 17:44

Nothing wrong with pointing out your fantastic education is there, clearly you're a level or two above some of the people on this forum

Wales-Bales
07-03-19, 17:47
Nothing wrong with pointing out your fantastic education is there, clearly you're a level or two above some of the people on this forum
I find quite tragic that grown men can't speak for themselves without backup, and haven't got the balls to stand up on their own.

Wales-Bales
07-03-19, 17:49
Personal attacks! :hehe: :hehe:
It's not aimed at you personally :biggrin:

Llandaff Blue
07-03-19, 17:51
I find quite tragic that grown men can't speak for themselves without backup, and haven't got the balls to stand up on their own.

No-one on here is intellectually capable of speaking to you one on one which is why there needs to be a group of people taking you on at once.

Wales-Bales
07-03-19, 18:00
No-one on here is intellectually capable of speaking to you one on one which is why there needs to be a group of people taking you on at once.
The thing is, everybody knows it is the same group of people who have ruined this message board. It's a mystery how they have been allowed to get away with it for so long. Who can blame the decent posters for buggering off, when these idiots put on the same show day after day?

Wolfmother
07-03-19, 18:33
On track. Legend! Playing four players under 20 years, and thumping PSG. And have the balls to sub players (Read, Warnock - defender!) after half hour play. Then change the tactics again. Absolutely stunning management (With Fergie on Mike giving Ole the orders) Talk about staff coercion :biggrin:

Wolfmother
07-03-19, 18:38
Btw Balesy. Phelan was never the tactic guy. He was the translator, the feel good factor and the one giving players the details. Not the orchestrator :thumbup:

Wales-Bales
07-03-19, 18:41
On track. Legend! Playing four players under 20 years, and thumping PSG. And have the balls to sub players (Read, Warnock - defender!) after half hour play. Then change the tactics again. Absolutely stunning management (With Fergie on Mike giving Ole the orders) Talk about staff coercion :biggrin:
Is it true old purple nose was spotted with a walkie-talkie up in the directors box? :biggrin:

Greenwood looks like he could be a real talent if he can make the step-up to senior football. Man Utd have a nucleus of very good young players. The class of 2020?

Rjk
07-03-19, 19:38

He's been pretty lucky, especially last night. They had 3 shots on target, one into an empty net, one Buffon spilled to Lukaku, and one hit the arm of a defender.
I like ole and I like the football they are playing but I think this run is flattering him a bit, they are overperforming xG by a large amount at the moment and that never lasts

Wolfmother
07-03-19, 19:49
He's been pretty lucky, especially last night. They had 3 shots on target, one into an empty net, one Buffon spilled to Lukaku, and one hit the arm of a defender.
I like ole and I like the football they are playing but I think this run is flattering him a bit, they are overperforming xG by a large amount at the moment and that never lasts
Agree. Not sure luck is it. But poor defending. Poor goalkeeping and VAR saves the day for them. Yes, and a post shot from PSG. Dosent change the fact that they actually had some control. That sub after 30 minutes changed the game. PSG grew into it second half again, and again they adjust immediate. And those kids? Brilliant management, and it's not the first time. XG is a graph, not a fortune teller. And ”the sour one” made that median.

Rjk
07-03-19, 20:17
Agree. Not sure luck is it. But poor defending. Poor goalkeeping and VAR saves the day for them. Yes, and a post shot from PSG. Dosent change the fact that they actually had some control. That sub after 30 minutes changed the game. PSG grew into it second half again, and again they adjust immediate. And those kids? Brilliant management, and it's not the first time. XG is a graph, not a fortune teller. And ”the sour one” made that median.

Changed the game is a bit strong. It's not as though utd were dominant after that sub, just that they didn't look like being completely overrun. They were still very fortunate to have gone through.

Wolfmother
07-03-19, 20:21
Changed the game is a bit strong. It's not as though utd were dominant after that sub, just that they didn't look like being completely overrun. They were still very fortunate to have gone through.

It changed the game. It looked like a five goal loss at the time, to being defensive control. And the movement of PSG was effectively nullefied. Yes they are. Still a massive achievement with that team and bemch. It's like taking Blackpool to the quarter finals of champions league..

thehumblegringo
07-03-19, 21:41
I can't help but like Solskjaer, he does seem like a down to earth good guy.

I can't remember wanting to see a manager succeed at Cardiff and in retrospect (especially having to endure Slade) maybe we should have given him longer considering the conflict of playing styles from Malky's to his.

However I do agree with those who say that they couldn't even understand what he was even trying to do at that time.
His signings were underwhelming and considering his obsession with all things Man United I was really surprised that he didn't address the lack of pace in the squad.

Wolfmother
08-03-19, 17:06
Any half wit should admit, feck. We dropped a bollock letting this guy go! But we didn't let him go. He left by his own choice not being dictated how to build his team. Lets hope it dosent come down to the last game of the season, because that would be karma on another level!

Llandaff Blue
08-03-19, 17:28
I miss playing Le Fondre out wide what a genius manager Ole was, we'd be in the Champions League right now if we didn't let him go.

Wolfmother
08-03-19, 17:33
I miss playing Le Fondre out wide what a genius manager Ole was, we'd be in the Champions League right now if we didn't let him go.

The same role, dont remember his name. But they are using a young striker the same way at Utd with some success, aren't they? Although Paterson out wide, there is a stroke of long ball genius :facepalm: The level, ahhh the level..

Wolfmother
08-03-19, 17:38
ahh, remembered it now.. Rushford or something. :thumbup:

Llandaff Blue
08-03-19, 17:39
The same role, dont remember his name. But they are using a young striker the same way at Utd with some success, aren't they? Although Paterson out wide, there is a stroke of long ball genius :facepalm: The level, ahhh the level..

This has nothing to do with Warnock so leave it.

I don't know what striker you're on about, is it Rashford? Because if so you should be banned for trying to compare Le Fondre to Rashford :hehe: Even then Rashford has been playing up front in a 2 recently so not sure what your point is.

Never in my life have I seen someone so obsessed with a manager who failed at Cardiff nearly 5 years ago. He's doing a brilliant job at United, doesn't change how poor he was here.

Wolfmother
08-03-19, 17:41

I don't know what striker you're on about, is it Rashford? Because if so you should be banned for trying to compare Le Fondre to Rashford :hehe: Even then Rashford has been playing up front in a 2 recently so not sure what your point is.

Never in my life have I seen someone so obsessed with a manager who failed at Cardiff nearly 5 years ago. He's doing a brilliant job at United, doesn't change how poor he was here.

ahh the levels of ignorance and lack of football knowledge just reached new heights.. :music:

splott parker
08-03-19, 17:42

Exactly, Leeds fans most probably think Brian Clough was shite, while Forest & Derby fans have a very different opinion. It’s how a manager or player performs at your club that matters, anything else is irrelevant really.

Llandaff Blue
08-03-19, 17:44
ahh the levels of ignorance and lack of football knowledge just reached new heights.. :music:

You just compared Marcus Rashford to Adam Le Fondre.

Llandaff Blue
08-03-19, 17:45
Exactly, Leeds fans most probably think Brian Clough was shite, while Forest & Derby fans have a very different opinion. It’s how a manager or player performs at your club that matters, anything else is irrelevant really.

Don't even know why I'm bothering, he's been on CCFC forums for years taking the piss out of the club. I think he's Norwegian or Ole himself.

Wolfmother
08-03-19, 17:46

It is. if you are half way interested in how a club and football works. if you are mostly on a bus, singing songs and having a beer. But if looking at the details, the ins and outs. It really is about where a club is at that time and where it wants to go. If it wants to go in straight lines and dead end, it does. Look at Leeds now. Not much of a team to brag about, but they got their obsessive manager. Lucky for them, he didn't need time..

Wolfmother
08-03-19, 17:47
You just compared Marcus Rashford to Adam Le Fondre.

For the halfwits, yes i did. Any one with two brain cells would know any role in hamlet have been played a thousand times, with different levels of characters off course..

Llandaff Blue
08-03-19, 17:50
For the halfwits, yes i did. Any one with two brain cells would know any role in hamlet have been played a thousand times, with different levels of characters off course..

Shame Ole didn't have two brain cells when he was here then.

Wolfmother
08-03-19, 17:51
Shame Ole didn't have two brain cells when he was here then.

oh dear..

Llandaff Blue
08-03-19, 17:52
oh dear..

My reaction when I saw Adam Le Fondre lineup on the wing

Wolfmother
08-03-19, 17:56
My reaction when I saw Adam Le Fondre lineup on the wing

inside forward, using the space around the box.. What was your reaction when Patterson was lined up on the wing?

Wolfmother
08-03-19, 17:58
i bet you are one of those thinking Slade "steady the ship", aren't you gandalf?

Llandaff Blue
08-03-19, 18:03
inside forward, using the space around the box.. What was your reaction when Patterson was lined up on the wing?

Similar to when I saw Adam lineup there too. Again, this isn't about Neil or his tactics.

I fully understand what an inside forward is, Rashford has played either up front or out wide since he debuted in the first team for United, he has more understanding of that role than Le Fondre ever had. Le Fondre was a pure poacher and was shunted out wide to accommodate Ole's weird tactics (which to this day not a single person can say they knew what he was trying). Square pegs, round holes comes to mind. Why not just buy a winger who can play that role? He certainly was backed in his time here.

Llandaff Blue
08-03-19, 18:04
i bet you are one of those thinking Slade "steady the ship", aren't you gandalf?

Nope. throw some more irrelevant arguments my way if you want

For the record I didn't like Slade at all, he underperformed with the squad he had and never in my life have I seen less inspiring football or a less inspiring man It drove me away from the club during the 2014/15 season.

What else have you got

Wolfmother
08-03-19, 18:14
Nope. throw some more irrelevant arguments my way if you want

For the record I didn't like Slade at all, he underperformed with the squad he had and never in my life have I seen less inspiring football or a less inspiring man It drove me away from the club during the 2014/15 season.

What else have you got
Nothing. Just that i understand what he was trying to do, and you dont. And that it needed time :thumbup:

jamieccfc
08-03-19, 18:15

Come on wolf you’re not seriously comparing le fondre to Rashford

Wolfmother
08-03-19, 18:17
Come on wolf you’re not seriously comparing le fondre to Rashford

Come on Jamie! I know you are not that dumb!... No, i am saying they are used in the same role.. At least now when they have all those injuries..

Llandaff Blue
08-03-19, 18:18
Nothing. Just that i understand what he was trying to do, and you dont. And that it needed time :thumbup:

Maybe one day you'll make a convincing argument that explains what Ole was trying to do here :ayatollah:

Wolfmother
08-03-19, 18:21
Maybe one day you'll make a convincing argument that explains what Ole was trying to do here :ayatollah:

I dont think that day will ever come. But i agree with what he said himself. "I tried to implement it all at once, and that was a mistake". And a direct quote from one of the players i spoke with at the time. "We underestimated how deep the troubles at the club was running".
Onwards and upwards :ayatollah:

BlueArmy 86
08-03-19, 19:13
I think they done a job on PSG. Took their chances, sat back and frustrated PSG, and then went for it at the end.

the other bob wilson
09-03-19, 07:42
I think they done a job on PSG. Took their chances, sat back and frustrated PSG, and then went for it at the end.

PSG are the biggest enigmas among the clubs you look at as possible winners of the Champions League every year - their record in the competition, given their financial resources, is absolutely appalling.

Wolfmother
10-03-19, 15:27
Going to loose today...

jamieccfc
10-03-19, 15:41
Going to loose today...

I think they’ll win Arsenal can’t defend

Rjk
10-03-19, 15:42
Going to loose today...

Yes looking at the two lineups

Wolfmother
10-03-19, 15:46
I think they’ll win Arsenal can’t defend

And suddenly Man Utd can.. Dont know, But think the run will come to an end today. Surely they can’t keep this run going 😳

Wolfmother
10-03-19, 15:58
Just read an interview saying Solskjaer saying Man Utd running stats are unacceptable. Remembering Slade saying the same when he came to Cardiff. Who is the froud? 🤔