PDA

View Full Version : O/T Warning....

lennybluebird
29-03-19, 19:29
Aldi and Tesco up courthouse are booking people for NOT parking within the lines....just saying like.👍

The Bloop
29-03-19, 21:05
Where's courthouse?

lennybluebird
29-03-19, 21:10
F.....g spell check....should be culverhouse

Philo2
29-03-19, 22:15
Good, if you can't get between two big white lines you shouldn't be on the road in the first place.

binman
29-03-19, 23:47
I park at Tesco as far back as I can nowhere near any other car and I purposely park over the white line so its difficult for anybody to park next to me so some stupid woman who throws her car door open when she gets her fat arse in and out of her Corsa can't smack into my car door.

ZZ Jack
31-03-19, 00:27
Good, if you can't get between two big white lines you shouldn't be on the road in the first place.

It's not the parking its exiting the car. I don't have a big car, a Passat, and I always reverse in the bays, but either the front or the back sometimes overhangs the markings. Then you have to get out of the car without hitting your door against the car alongside you. Easy if you're 18 but harder when you're knocking on a bit. I can walk up Pen-Y-Fan so fortunately I don't need a Blue Badge, but I still need more space to exit and enter my car than I did twenty years ago. Cars have got bigger but the parking spaces haven't (except for Asda Llansamlet). It is something which pisses me off.

I've straddled the line on more than one occasion and I'm waiting for a ruck with the parking gestapo.

The Bob Banker Spanker
31-03-19, 10:18
I also park as far from the store entrance where there’s no other cars there.
What’s an extra 30 second walk to avoid some arsehole who swings their car door open without consideration for other people’s cars?

Optimistic Nick
31-03-19, 10:25

Exactly! this is excellent news, good on them. Some people park across lines because they are shit drivers and are simply incapable of parking properly. as you say - shouldn't be on the road.

But some people seem to think they can park across the white line to stop others parking next to their car. wrong. Seems that people with very expensive cars most often suffer from this delusion. If they are over the line but have left enough space on the driver's side for me to get my car inside the line, I'll take it. this generally means they've no chance of getting back into the car on the driver's side.

JennyWren
31-03-19, 13:31
I park at Tesco as far back as I can nowhere near any other car and I purposely park over the white line so its difficult for anybody to park next to me so some stupid woman who throws her car door open when she gets her fat arse in and out of her Corsa can't smack into my car door.

Thinly veiled "I am shit at parking".

JennyWren
31-03-19, 13:32
Exactly! this is excellent news, good on them. Some people park across lines because they are shit drivers and are simply incapable of parking properly. as you say - shouldn't be on the road.

But some people seem to think they can park across the white line to stop others parking next to their car. wrong. Seems that people with very expensive cars most often suffer from this delusion. If they are over the line but have left enough space on the driver's side for me to get my car inside the line, I'll take it. this generally means they've no chance of getting back into the car on the driver's side.

Yep, first lot are just shit drivers. Second lot are just shit people.