03-04-19, 20:09
I love you
Two world class saves in a minute

AlwaysAway2
03-04-19, 20:10
Make that 4 in 3 minutes

Taffy Blue in Berkshire
03-04-19, 20:21
Fantastic effort and kept things respectable.

AlwaysAway2
03-04-19, 20:39
If that doesn’t give the lads faith. Nothing will.
Brilliant away performance and I think their first was a fluke. Let’s see what De B says.
He’s usually honest. I will believe him if he says it was a shot

Fancydan
03-04-19, 20:40
I’m starting to worry that he could move on in the summer. He’s been my player of the season.

Hilts
03-04-19, 20:45
If that doesn’t give the lads faith. Nothing will.
Brilliant away performance and I think their first was a fluke. Let’s see what De B says.
He’s usually honest. I will believe him if he says it was a shot

He admits it was a fluke.

AlwaysAway2
03-04-19, 20:46
The guy is total class. de B and Neil 😂

Auntie Andy
03-04-19, 20:47
The guy is total class.

And a lovely young man as well.

Fulham traveller
03-04-19, 20:48
Can we have him back please, never knew how good he was, because he never got a Game for us

Peajay
03-04-19, 20:48
Well done Etheridge, another class performance, but Kev D’B is a class act and admitted his goal was a fluke.

Freitag 4.17
03-04-19, 20:49
And a lovely young man as well.

And a bit sexy to boot.. Not that young though at 29...

Cretin Hop
03-04-19, 21:27
My favour City keeper was always Ron Healey but Neil Etheridge has been magnificent. Better IMO than Marshall.

jeepster
03-04-19, 21:34
Can we have him back please, never knew how good he was, because he never got a Game for us

I was did not think he was very good at first,but what a great keeper he is can only get better:thumbup:

Zenith
03-04-19, 21:40
Etheridge easily my player of the season. He was superb again tonight.

J R Hartley
03-04-19, 21:40
Minus 33 goal difference it could be double that if Etheridge hasn’t had the seas he’s had

jamieccfc
03-04-19, 22:29
We seem to have great shot stoppers but no commanding GK’s

Bobby Dandruff
03-04-19, 22:39
I was did not think he was very good at first,but what a great keeper he is can only get better:thumbup:

I had my doubts about him too when he first arrived but I was wrong.

How anyone else can be voted player of the season is beyond me. He has been superb.

WJ99mobile
04-04-19, 05:07
We seem to have great shot stoppers but no commanding GK’s

There’s not many that command the box anyway. Even the best in the world De Gea to me is more of a shot stopper and doesn’t command a lot

WJ99mobile
04-04-19, 05:18
I think it was expected by most but Etheridge player of the season by far

Auntie Andy
04-04-19, 05:31
And a bit sexy to boot.. Not that young though at 29...

29 isn’t young? Well it bloody is to me :hehe:

SABlue
04-04-19, 07:13
Fantastic keeper ..... the only thing that lets him down is his kicking

DubaiDai
04-04-19, 07:57
I’m starting to worry that he could move on in the summer. He’s been my player of the season.

I am hearing a rumour th Spurs are interested...

ToTaL ITK
04-04-19, 16:08
For me man of the season last season and this season.
I hope he stays with us. A great goalie and seems like a really nice guy.

mazadona10
04-04-19, 19:14
I'm probably going to look like an idiot now. However I do think he has been our best season but certainly don't think he is any better than any other keepers in the league.

For me Marshall was superior, this has to be a reason struggled to play any minutes for anyone with any pedigree. For me if we get offers I would let him go, could just be on a hot streak currently.

He is very quick off his line but his kicking whilst much improved isn't great and doesn't command his area

BLUETIT
04-04-19, 19:45
I'm probably going to look like an idiot now. However I do think he has been our best season but certainly don't think he is any better than any other keepers in the league.

For me Marshall was superior, this has to be a reason struggled to play any minutes for anyone with any pedigree. For me if we get offers I would let him go, could just be on a hot streak currently.

He is very quick off his line but his kicking whilst much improved isn't great and doesn't command his area

Your first sentence is correct :hehe::hehe:

OurManFlint II
05-04-19, 16:13
There’s not many that command the box anyway. Even the best in the world De Gea to me is more of a shot stopper and doesn’t command a lot

I'm in the Goalkeepers union. It's crazy that keepers have to have it all yet outfield players get away with only having 1 thing. If all players are judged by the the same standards as keepers, dear me.

Remember clowns on here criticising Alexander as he didn't save penalties FFS. Even when he did save one they scored on the rebound (still a save) but it wasn't good enough.

We've been blessed with great goalkeepers time and time again.

OurManFlint II
05-04-19, 16:18
doesn't command his area

We have Our club captain as a centre back, the guy who is always pointing and shouting and does a great job in getting us organised.

No keeper commands his box anymore, hasn't been a thing for about 10 / 15 years?

life on mars
05-04-19, 17:39
As mentioned by another on this post , I didn't think he was going to become a City great or regular at the beginning , how bloody wrong I was , those early season penalty
saved helped him and proved me wrong .

I think his kicking has got a bit better , you can see he's worked on it.

He has filled out as well .

Early on his defenders were not 100% sure of his abilities , now you can see they rate him ,which provides a good defensive unit, and you can see it helps their decisions making .

I would say he's better than Marshall now , fast approaching Ron Healey's wonderful standards .

Great signing by Warnock.

Vindec
05-04-19, 17:43
My memory of Ron Ron Healey is clearly not as complimentary as yours. Etheridge is an excellent keeper; Ron Healey was not.

jamieccfc
05-04-19, 18:57
I'm in the Goalkeepers union. It's crazy that keepers have to have it all yet outfield players get away with only having 1 thing. If all players are judged by the the same standards as keepers, dear me.

Remember clowns on here criticising Alexander as he didn't save penalties FFS. Even when he did save one they scored on the rebound (still a save) but it wasn't good enough.

We've been blessed with great goalkeepers time and time again.

Alexander went down in my estimation when he shit out against Christian Roberts

life on mars
05-04-19, 19:01
My memory of Ron Ron Healey is clearly not as complimentary as yours. Etheridge is an excellent keeper; Ron Healey was not.

216, appearances 1974 to 82 helluva of a career.

Tuerto
05-04-19, 19:43
As mentioned by another on this post , I didn't think he was going to become a City great or regular at the beginning , how bloody wrong I was , those early season penalty
saved helped him and proved me wrong .

I think his kicking has got a bit better , you can see he's worked on it.

He has filled out as well .

Early on his defenders were not 100% sure of his abilities , now you can see they rate him ,which provides a good defensive unit, and you can see it helps their decisions making .

I would say he's better than Marshall now , fast approaching Ron Healey's wonderful standards .

Great signing by Warnock.

Etheridge has done well. He generally stands up well, not going to ground to early and is good with the high balls. The only thing that lets him down is his kicking, it's poor, he can't put his foot through the ball and it can put us in the shit at times.

splott parker
06-04-19, 10:04
His game would improve greatly if he was playing in a team whose tactics were to play out from the back. Defenders finding space for the ball to be rolled out to them, surely he couldn’t bugger up that type of distribution.