PDA

View Full Version : Fulham's neutral end

ElyBlu
25-04-19, 09:40
Anybody on here have tickets for the neutral end on saturday? I have and i'm getting very nervous of the prospect of being denied entry according the the rumours flying around this week...:frown:

Obviously not wearing Cardiff colours, but with the potientially high amount of city fans in that area, i wonder what fulham will do?

Father Dougal
25-04-19, 09:53
I've seen this story this week. Seems bizarre. Sold a load of tickets to city fans for £50 a pop then 3 days before the game announce all tickets with a CF postcode will be cancelled and refunded- and anyone supporting city in the neutral end will be ejected.

Doesn't sound that neutral does it?

EastbourneBlue
25-04-19, 10:00
I've seen this story this week. Seems bizarre. Sold a load of tickets to city fans for £50 a pop then 3 days before the game announce all tickets with a CF postcode will be cancelled and refunded- and anyone supporting city in the neutral end will be ejected.

Guess the argument is the end is neutral - ie, people who don't support either club.

Doubt they'll risk bother by refusing people entry. Fingers crossed.

B. Oddie
25-04-19, 10:03
Guess the argument is the end is neutral - ie, people who don't support either club.

Is there much call for people forking out just for the sake of watching football? Following your own team is expensive enough. Also, I'd be annoyed if I was one of the many who couldn't tickets to see my team just because someone fancies watching a game of football.

BLUETIT
25-04-19, 10:06

You've obviously haven't encountered Fulham's stewards before !!!!!!

Some of the worst in the country, for denying entry to the ground and don't dare let them see you hand a ticket to your mate, they'll accuse you of touting and confiscate the ticket

Harry Monk
25-04-19, 10:09
I know someone who has had a ticket cancelled. I have some family members living in London who have tickets in the Neutral end, they won't be wearing colours and will be keeping their celebrations (if we score) to a minimum.

Harry Monk
25-04-19, 10:11

They clearly realise there's a lot riding on this for us, and have decided they don't want the whole of the stand to be City fans, raising the atmosphere for the away side.

binman
25-04-19, 10:30
I think there maybe a few City fans in there who have not used CF postcodes.......(cough)

WJ99mobile
25-04-19, 10:32
If it’s the neutral end, what bother are the city fans going to encounter?

Why didn’t they just give us the full stand

Harry Monk
25-04-19, 10:36
If it’s the neutral end, what bother are the city fans going to encounter?

Why didn’t they just give us the full stand

See my post above.

goats
25-04-19, 10:58

Kin hell....welcome to Russia.....

DJ Lee
25-04-19, 11:29
Just wear A Chelsea top - that'll fool them.... :hehe:

Father Dougal
25-04-19, 11:38
Kin hell....welcome to Russia.....

What I can't work out is the sudden change. They've been selling tickets to city fans for weeks and 3 days before the game they announce this. Every week on motd you see away fans in the neutral end.

RichardM
25-04-19, 11:42
What I can't work out is the sudden change. They've been selling tickets to city fans for weeks and 3 days before the game they announce this. Every week on motd you see away fans in the neutral end.
It has said for weeks on their website that if you buy a ticket in the neutral end and have a CF ticket that they will cancel it.
It has been mentioned in previous threads on here

LeningradCowboy
25-04-19, 11:43
The Putney End incorporates both the official visiting supporters seating and also our Mixed area, which is available for fans of any team to use. The official visiting supporters allocation of tickets is always sold directly through the visiting team. Ticket sales in the Mixed Area are handled directly by Fulham FC and for higher profile games restrictions may sometimes apply.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/help/faq/visiting-the-cottage

IanD
25-04-19, 11:59
You've obviously haven't encountered Fulham's stewards before !!!!!!

Some of the worst in the country, for denying entry to the ground and don't dare let them see you hand a ticket to your mate, they'll accuse you of touting and confiscate the ticket
Ah....Fulham's stewards. Along with Bolton's, hold the miserable xxxx's award for being pedantic and really don't like our liberal attitude to who goes where. I missed a goal there once as the stewards laboriosly checked every ticket belonging to anyone who went under the stands at half time. It was a Fulham goal though.

Hot Shot Hamish.
25-04-19, 12:35
I remember going to Cheltenham on a Sunday morning when we had been warned about no away fans allowed other than in the away end. Scott Young scored in the second minute and just about the whole bloody stand was celebrating. They turfed us all out and made us all go in the already overcrowded away end. I was on crutches as I'd pulled a fetlock the week before playing football and they offered me a seat in the disabled section which I told them where they could shove it.

And then with a crap view had to endure Grayson? Score a hat trick as we lost 3-1

goats
25-04-19, 12:55

If they have sold say 500/1000 tickets already to city fans already then they will have a monster problem trying to deny them entry Saturday. I foresee serious bother. Powers that be having another go at Cardiff city to try and keep us down.....:sherlock:

dave1927
25-04-19, 13:00
I remember going to Cheltenham on a Sunday morning when we had been warned about no away fans allowed other than in the away end. Scott Young scored in the second minute and just about the whole bloody stand was celebrating. They turfed us all out and made us all go in the already overcrowded away end. I was on crutches as I'd pulled a fetlock the week before playing football and they offered me a seat in the disabled section which I told them where they could shove it.

And then with a crap view had to endure Grayson? Score a hat trick as we lost 3-1

I was at that game, right at the front. We had been giving him pelters. When he scored he ran right infront of us cupping his ear. Thems were the days. Away days like that were great fun.

soulsurfer3
25-04-19, 14:06
If they have sold say 500/1000 tickets already to city fans already then they will have a monster problem trying to deny them entry Saturday. I foresee serious bother. Powers that be having another go at Cardiff city to try and keep us down.....:sherlock:

How many tickets have been given for the away end (official) ? I guess they sold quickly ?

I can see another Griffin Park lock out here , with traveling fans unable to get in, have Fulham considered this with this decision. I can`t see why they have done this , smacks of sour grapes, after all they are already relegated even though they spent 200 million or so.

NYCBlue
25-04-19, 14:08

Doesn't sound legal. Have they ever done this before? For say Liverpool? Man U? Chelsea?

The Bloop
25-04-19, 14:30
Doesn't sound legal. Have they ever done this before? For say Liverpool? Man U? Chelsea?

They've also done it for their game v Newcastle in a couple of weeks time.

SABlue
25-04-19, 15:02
There is sooooo much riding on this match it's scary :ayatollah:

Taunton Blue Genie
25-04-19, 15:04

Didn't the relocation involve being led out of the ground and then back in? Quite a leap of faith but it was rewarded.

goats
25-04-19, 16:32

It’s deemed okay for the big boys and other London clubs

kendoddsdadsdogsdead
25-04-19, 16:37
How many tickets have been given for the away end (official) ? I guess they sold quickly ?

I can see another Griffin Park lock out here , with traveling fans unable to get in, have Fulham considered this with this decision. I can`t see why they have done this , smacks of sour grapes, after all they are already relegated even though they spent 200 million or so.

...200?...it's going up daily

valleys caveman
25-04-19, 16:40
Can anyone explain to me the point of Fulham having a neutral end?
Surely the Fulham fans could fill their ground with them being in the Premiership, and if they couldn't then there's quite a few away teams who would fill the section.
How many fans does the neutral bit hold?

Harry Monk
25-04-19, 17:07

Perfectly legal. They can allow/ disallow anyone they want to into their ground.

Lord Worcester
25-04-19, 17:24

Remember that. Crammed in the away end. Remember losing and their striker being a cocky git but grayson doesn't ring a bell?

Baloo
25-04-19, 17:38
Is the neutral end different to the ‘mixed area’?

Baloo
25-04-19, 17:56
Remember that. Crammed in the away end. Remember losing and their striker being a cocky git but grayson doesn't ring a bell?
Neil Grayson. Bald fella.

Fulham traveller
25-04-19, 19:22
The way my club have handled it is embarrassing, just done the same with Newcastle, I can’t see stewards throwing people out, yes don’t wear colors, it’s will be 70% away fans anyway

kendoddsdadsdogsdead
26-04-19, 11:11
won't see many colours tomorrow...12 degrees...high winds and rain

NYCBlue
26-04-19, 11:31
Perfectly legal. They can allow/ disallow anyone they want to into their ground.

Are you sure about that? I understand the right to refuse entry to individuals, but excluding a large group of people because of their post code sounds discriminatory.

Harry Monk
26-04-19, 12:43
Are you sure about that? I understand the right to refuse entry to individuals, but excluding a large group of people because of their post code sounds discriminatory.

On what grounds? The 9 Protected Characteristics for discrimination are -
Gender Reassignment
Marriage and Civil Partnership
Pregnancy and Maternity
Race
Religion and Belief

Post Code isn't included unfortunately.

ccfcwelshlad
26-04-19, 14:22
Some please correct me if I'm wrong, but arent the turnstiles for the away end and the neutral end in the same place? When you're through the turnstiles you are directly at the back of the stand and then there are entrances to each stairwell; neutral are the first few blocks and then the following stairways are for away fans.

It seems incredibly difficult to police!

Des Parrot
26-04-19, 14:37
Gender Reassignment
Pregnancy and Maternity
Race
Religion and Belief

I score 7 out of 9, is that any good?

Jimmy the Jock
26-04-19, 14:47
I score 7 out of 9, is that any good?

We have a winner.

Tickets are on their way .....

splott parker
26-04-19, 15:50
Gender Reassignment
Pregnancy and Maternity
Race
Religion and Belief

An Asian old transgender Catholic with a limp may have half a chance by the looks!

IanD
26-04-19, 16:00
Some please correct me if I'm wrong, but arent the turnstiles for the away end and the neutral end in the same place? When you're through the turnstiles you are directly at the back of the stand and then there are entrances to each stairwell; neutral are the first few blocks and then the following stairways are for away fans.

It seems incredibly difficult to police!
Stewards. Thousands of them. And they all want to see your ticket.

The Bloop
26-04-19, 16:12
Need to take a leaf out of those climate protesters and super glue yourselves to your seat.

WJ99mobile
26-04-19, 18:00
I can see this causing a lot more ructions than if they just allowed city fans in the privileged neutral area.

No ones looking to start trouble at a club we have absolutely no issue with, but I can see tempers flair by letting some in and not others

Fulham traveller
27-04-19, 08:19
Need to take a leaf out of those climate protesters and super glue yourselves to your seat.

We have been stuck in our seats all season, don’t need any glue

NYCBlue
27-04-19, 14:43
Gender Reassignment
Pregnancy and Maternity
Race
Religion and Belief

I'm claiming racial bias. I think I have a good case.

IanD
27-04-19, 19:34
Stewards. Thousands of them. And they all want to see your ticket.
I'm going to contrsdict myself now. Today....just walked in. Could have gone anywhere. As it was, a poor result. Still, mathematically, we aren't down yet.

Lawnmower
27-04-19, 20:05
I'm going to contrsdict myself now. Today....just walked in. Could have gone anywhere. As it was, a poor result. Still, mathematically, we aren't down yet.

Chaos in there today, 2 per seat where I was, aisles full, concourse area rammed. Stewards hopeless , when the away section was full they still tried to send us to areas with no seats, 10 minutes later they opened up the block next to us.

After all that fuss about cancelling tickets etc... waste of time and effort

The Bloop
27-04-19, 20:24
Chaos in there today, 2 per seat where I was, aisles full, concourse area rammed. Stewards hopeless , when the away section was full they still tried to send us to areas with no seats, 10 minutes later they opened up the block next to us.

Didn't go today but watched the game on NBC. Couldn't understand why a whole block was needed for segregation.

Lawnmower
27-04-19, 20:37
Didn't go today but watched the game on NBC. Couldn't understand why a whole block was needed for segregation.

Shambles

binman
27-04-19, 20:52

And especially as they knew the next block was predominately Cardiff fans as we were all stood up singing all game

Lawnmower
28-04-19, 08:48
And especially as they knew the next block was predominately Cardiff fans as we were all stood up singing all game

Did you get a half and half scarf mate 😂

IanD
28-04-19, 10:13

At a guess, P7 wasn't as full as it should have been and a few with tickets for the neutral zone went in the away section. Back of P5 filled up quick. There was room towards the front of P5 until about 10 mins. before kick off. The aisle between segregated zone and P5 was rammed. After a bit of argy bargy at half time I got the impression that anyone who had drifted into the segregated zone was pushed back towards P5 causing the aisles to fill up. As you say, Fulham messed it up. Easier to sell the "neutral" zone to away fans and save the hassle.

Lawnmower
28-04-19, 10:54
At a guess, P7 wasn't as full as it should have been and a few with tickets for the neutral zone went in the away section. Back of P5 filled up quick. There was room towards the front of P5 until about 10 mins. before kick off. The aisle between segregated zone and P5 was rammed. After a bit of argy bargy at half time I got the impression that anyone who had drifted into the segregated zone was pushed back towards P5 causing the aisles to fill up. As you say, Fulham messed it up. Easier to sell the "neutral" zone to away fans and save the hassle.

👍