PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio FC vs Cardiff City

bezooo
12-07-19, 11:08
Hi all,

The game this weekend is being shown live on Facebook! So if you can stay up late enough, you can watch it for FREE!

San Antonio FC
14 hrs ·
‪Good news! Our match on Saturday against Cardiff City Football Club will be streamed on Facebook Live. We still recommend you enjoy it live and with $1 drinks though!‬

‪🎟 http://bit.ly/2MsayJO #Defend210 ‬

Trigger
12-07-19, 11:31
Do you need an account to be able to view this?

bezooo
12-07-19, 11:34
I'm not 100% sure, but i would imagine so.

Really easy to create an account!

NYCBlue
12-07-19, 21:41
Going to be 93F there at kick off and not much cooler at the end of the game. Going to be a tough game.

Baker
13-07-19, 03:03
Do you need an account to be able to view this?

if the live stream is available for everyone, you can watch it with no Facebook account. But if the user changed the privacy settings and made it available for a certain group of people, you won't be able to access the live stream.

Shute
13-07-19, 04:21
City are streaming it on the website too.

https://live.cardiffcityfc.co.uk

Hope this helps someone.

Mr Soul '68
13-07-19, 08:58
What time is the kick off, our time in the UK? Thanks

the other bob wilson
13-07-19, 09:01
What time is the kick off, our time in the UK? Thanks

1 o clock in the morning.

Mr Soul '68
13-07-19, 10:18
1 o clock in the morning.

Cheers Paul

Michael Morris
13-07-19, 11:04
Cheers Paul

I think it's 1.30am, it's a six hour time diference.

life on mars
13-07-19, 11:19
Bring back tours of Cornwall and Devon, I say ,footy ,cider and pasties ,heaven

B. Oddie
13-07-19, 12:43
Going to be 93F there at kick off and not much cooler at the end of the game. Going to be a tough game.

Logged on to post my screenshot of the weather, but seen that you had already mentioned it. However, I'm still going to post my screenshot because it's better than yours. 'Naa, naanaa naaa naaaaahh!" :hehe:

City123
13-07-19, 13:01
https://youtu.be/B5fGjpLcCoo

SABlue
13-07-19, 23:32
any links yet?

Michael Morris
13-07-19, 23:45
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">�� Team news from Toyota Field!<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CardiffCity?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#CardiffCity</a>: Etheridge, Peltier, Morrison, Ecuele Manga, Bennett, Nelson, Vaulks, De Cordova-Reid, Mendez-Laing, Murphy, Zohore. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NorthAmerica2019?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NorthAmerica2019</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CityAsOne?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#CityAsOne</a> <a href="https://t.co/Vs700whRBp">pic.twitter.com/Vs700whRBp</a></p>&mdash; Cardiff City FC (@CardiffCityFC) <a href="https://twitter.com/CardiffCityFC/status/1150188246288273408?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 13, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

SABlue
13-07-19, 23:52
Strong starting XI

Geraint!
14-07-19, 00:15
At the ground now and the pitch is shocking. They've relaid about 1/4, the rest is pretty much astro turf. Let's hope for no injuries!

Sparticus_Mills
14-07-19, 00:35
Welsh national anthem sounded....different.

NYCBlue
14-07-19, 01:59
1-0 City. Murphy penalty. City not playing particularly well. The TV coverage is really good. The kit looks cheap as ****.

B. Oddie
14-07-19, 02:42
1-0 City. Murphy penalty. City not playing particularly well. The TV coverage is really good. The kit looks cheap as ****.

I don't think City suffered a lack of effort. The heat would have definitely have been a question of endurance. The kit does like cheap and the pitch was awful. It was like a day at the beach for the midfield.

I would quite happily watched the match without the commentary.

Did anyone see one of Warnocks assistants come back to him with two coffees and Warnock's change? Roughly midway through the first half it was. :hehe:

life on mars
14-07-19, 06:59
I don't think City suffered a lack of effort. The heat would have definitely have been a question of endurance. The kit does like cheap and the pitch was awful. It was like a day at the beach for the midfield.

I would quite happily watched the match without the commentary.

Did anyone see one of Warnocks assistants come back to him with two coffees and Warnock's change? Roughly midway through the first half it was. :hehe:

I saw that clever move ,as soon as I saw the coffee cups you could see where the game was heading , wonder if it Costa much .

Auntie Andy
14-07-19, 07:37
Pelanty

https://twitter.com/ayatollah1927/status/1150222882682888192?s=21

Baloo
14-07-19, 08:40
Pelanty

https://twitter.com/ayatollah1927/status/1150222882682888192?s=21
The SA player nearly beat Murphy to the ball there.

Bluebirdman Of Alcathays
14-07-19, 09:11
https://www.facebook.com/SAFCUSL/videos/327169241496427/

Video of the game.

Rhiwbina Blues
14-07-19, 11:11
That game was a shocker, what was the City thinking agreeing to play a game on an awful pitch, 93 degrees heat and against a team containing 4 under 21s. Hope the fans that went are being treated like Royality because they deserve it. AS for the team preformance it was too hot to have any tempo and some of the subs were totally strange, Coxe playing out wide as a winger and Brown playing defensive Mid.

B. Oddie
14-07-19, 11:22
That game was a shocker, what was the City thinking agreeing to play a game on an awful pitch, 93 degrees heat and against a team containing 4 under 21s. Hope the fans that went are being treated like Royality because they deserve it. AS for the team preformance it was too hot to have any tempo and some of the subs were totally strange, Coxe playing out wide as a winger and Brown playing defensive Mid.

That's what pre-season is about, testing things out. I'd rather 'our Neil play around with positions/formations now rather than in a few weeks when there's three points at stake.

I agree about the pitch though. It didn't exactly show San Antonio in a good light, did it? I was under the impression that there's money in yankee football.

Bald Barry Bastad
14-07-19, 11:24
Anybody watch the game. Who impressed?

B. Oddie
14-07-19, 11:33
Anybody watch the game. Who impressed?

Murphy, Reid & Manga. Sounds like a financial consultancy firm. :hehe:

Murphy played an hour and looked the fittest of 'em all, but Morrison held his stamina very well too as you'd expect from the Capt.

RonnieBird
14-07-19, 12:13
That's what pre-season is about, testing things out. I'd rather 'our Neil play around with positions/formations now rather than in a few weeks when there's three points at stake.

I agree about the pitch though. It didn't exactly show San Antonio in a good light, did it? I was under the impression that there's money in yankee football.

Don't think many Texans would like to be called Yankees , but it's pretty hot and dry there you know , so maintaining grass is very difficult. If you water it a lot the sun is likely to burn it and if you don't the dryness will kill it. Maybe you could have a covered stadium or fake grass but I expect that'd have its own problems.

RonnieBird
14-07-19, 12:20
Should've played here

https://www.google.com/search?q=san+antonio+missions+baseball+park&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjB6Y6zsrTjAhUZ8RoKHQv6BnIQ2-cCegQIABAC&oq=san+antonio+missions+bas&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-img.1.1.0l5.16808.17766..20162...0.0..0.148.478.1j 3......0....1.........0i67.9uj2gsyrBzQ&ei=uh0rXcGkMZnia4v0m5AH&bih=905&biw=768&prmd=mniv#imgrc=B6vvrPbalh6JwM

Zenith
14-07-19, 12:26
For those that watched did Bolger make much of an impact?

the other bob wilson
14-07-19, 12:41
For those that watched did Bolger make much of an impact?

No, I didn't think so, his name was barely heard in the commentary. I mentioned in the blog piece I did today that I saw very little passing in our midfield during the half hour I watched, but it should be pointed that, first, the pitch was not the best through the middle of the park, second, that the game was at the stage where endless substitutions meant it was hard for either side to build any continuity and, third, Bolger had Damour and, I think, Brown as his midfield partners in the closing minutes.

NYCBlue
14-07-19, 13:21

The second half goalie was in HIGH SCHOOL. Made a couple of crucial saves too.

B. Oddie
14-07-19, 13:33
Don't think many Texans would like to be called Yankees , but it's pretty hot and dry there you know , so maintaining grass is very difficult. If you water it a lot the sun is likely to burn it and if you don't the dryness will kill it. Maybe you could have a covered stadium or fake grass but I expect that'd have its own problems.

Fair point. I really know my history as well so I'm annoyed at myself for that.

Maybe they could water it during the evenings? I'm no groundsman. I think there was a lot of grass being smoked in the stand by the looks of some of their fans. :hehe:

NYCBlue - When their sub 'keeper came on, I thought "who is this little boy?" then he made two great saves. I bet Ward took some stick afterwards. The 'keeper wasn't phased at all. He looked like he was settling down to a session of FIFA.

There was a lot of British links in their team last night. More accurately, English.

Spooky Tree
14-07-19, 14:10
I fell asleep just after the goal so didn't see many of the subs.

I thought Reid, Murphy and NML were quite fluid in the first half when they got going. There was one point where Vaulks played a stunning pass to Murphy (I think) using the outside of his boot from the opposite side of the field. Landed right in his path.

If he's our new Gunnarsson, I've never seen Gunnarsson spray a pass like that. Looking forward to seeing more of our new number 6.

City123
14-07-19, 17:34
Just seen the highlights, that pitch is shocking! :yikes:

az city
14-07-19, 19:35
First, thank you to the SAFC fans for the welcome. They provided free food, beer, music and a warm welcome. A lost Leeds fan turned up ... even he got a welcome (of sorts).

SAFC have a nice new stadium and a shocking pitch. Basically it was 2/3rds sprayed-green sand. If you like beach football ...

I live in Arizona and I was aghast when they announced two friendlies against USL teams in the SW. First, the standard of the league is not all that and secondly I'm sure the weather is nothing like we'll face in any game in the entire season. It wasn't just the heat that was a problem, it was the incredible humidity. Think sauna.

So the game. In short, very disappointing. I hope there are no inferences to be drawn about prospects because, playing a team that basically we should have hammered, we were woeful. It was reminiscent of all those scrapped away wins of the 17-18 season: give nothing away and scrape a 1-0 from very little. The midfield needs real work and although I think Zohore has potential, for me, he just doesn't try hard enough. USL teams don't exactly have defense as their forte, yet Ken was dominated.

For those interested, there was, given circumstances, quite a contingent of City fans there. 8 of us from AZ, several from NY/DC, one guy from Alaska and his son from SLC, Mike and his wife from Cal and numerous others. I'd guess 150+. Some even managed to get a box on the camera side.

One small request if City ever do this again - further North please.

NYCBlue
14-07-19, 20:03
First, thank you to the SAFC fans for the welcome. They provided free food, beer, music and a warm welcome. A lost Leeds fan turned up ... even he got a welcome (of sorts).

SAFC have a nice new stadium and a shocking pitch. Basically it was 2/3rds sprayed-green sand. If you like beach football ...

I live in Arizona and I was aghast when they announced two friendlies against USL teams in the SW. First, the standard of the league is not all that and secondly I'm sure the weather is nothing like we'll face in any game in the entire season. It wasn't just the heat that was a problem, it was the incredible humidity. Think sauna.

So the game. In short, very disappointing. I hope there are no inferences to be drawn about prospects because, playing a team that basically we should have hammered, we were woeful. It was reminiscent of all those scrapped away wins of the 17-18 season: give nothing away and scrape a 1-0 from very little. The midfield needs real work and although I think Zohore has potential, for me, he just doesn't try hard enough. USL teams don't exactly have defense as their forte, yet Ken was dominated.

For those interested, there was, given circumstances, quite a contingent of City fans there. 8 of us from AZ, several from NY/DC, one guy from Alaska and his son from SLC, Mike and his wife from Cal and numerous others. I'd guess 150+. Some even managed to get a box on the camera side.

One small request if City ever do this again - further North please.

I didn't think you had humidity in AZ. I thought it was a "dry heat". So when it's 115F, it's also humid? Jesus!

dicey1966
14-07-19, 20:37
I thought he was referring to the San Antonio conditions

az city
14-07-19, 21:02
Correct.