30-07-19, 10:03
Is he a striker?

TheFLA
30-07-19, 10:09
Is he a striker?

17 in 55 in the German 2nd division.

Bothroyd's Diving Coach
30-07-19, 10:10
Yes, plays for FC Heidenheim in Bundesliga 2 (they came 5th), scored a hattrick vs Bayern Munich last year in the German cup.

Former Labour leader
30-07-19, 10:10
Not exactly the marquis signing we expected. Cheap at around €2m. Probably no better than Zohore.

Pedro de la Rosa
30-07-19, 10:16
Not exactly the marquis signing we expected. Cheap at around €2m. Probably no better than Zohore.

He won't be cheap. €6m apparently. He scored a hattrick vs a very strong Bayern in the quarter final of the German cup.

https://www.dfb.de/dfb-pokal/spieltag/?spieledb_path=%2Fmatches%2F2261368

OT Germans calling penalties "elfmeters" because it is elf (11) metres away is the most German thing that's ever happened.

Taunton Blue Genie
30-07-19, 10:19

Could be worse. He could be a duchess.

Pug
30-07-19, 10:20

Hey look at this assist. Looks like a lucky signing to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4PbDPIFunI

Taunton Blue Genie
30-07-19, 10:20
He won't be cheap. €6m apparently. He scored a hattrick vs a very strong Bayern in the quarter final of the German cup.

OT Germans calling penalties "elfmeters" because it is elf (11) metres away is the most German thing that's ever happened.
As mentioned in a post of mine on a different topic half an hour ago.

Jimmy the Jock
30-07-19, 10:23

If I could add my tuppence worth ?

EastbourneBlue
30-07-19, 10:32
Name is out now it appears.

Reasonably exciting signing I’d suggest.

Got sent off last game. Does that suspension carry over?

barrybloo
30-07-19, 10:32
https://dai.ly/x7akbib

The Bob Banker Spanker
30-07-19, 10:38
https://youtu.be/72a8c0NPzRY His hat trick against Bayern.
First goal a header.

Bald Barry Bastad
30-07-19, 10:43
Obviously reserve judgement but initial thoughts are underwhelming.

Culver Blue
30-07-19, 10:47
Could be worse. He could be a duchess.

:hehe:

Bald Barry Bastad
30-07-19, 10:50
https://youtu.be/72a8c0NPzRY His hat trick against Bayern.
First goal a header.

Great game.

Rjk
30-07-19, 10:50
Very tall, probably a sensible league for us to be looking at, and was scoring at a pretty good rate last season. I'm cautiously optimistic about this.

I've heard Janni Serra touted as a talent in that league, who is another tall striker, but this guy actually has a better scoring record

Pedro de la Rosa
30-07-19, 10:51
Scoring a paneka to make it 4-4 away at Bayern takes some serious bottle.

Pedro de la Rosa
30-07-19, 10:52

Ha, i genuinely didn't see that!

Taunton Blue Genie
30-07-19, 11:01
Ha, i genuinely didn't see that!

Just a coincidence. Not an admonishment, old fruit :-)

Pedro de la Rosa
30-07-19, 11:07

Odd that we both made the same comment within an hour of each other! And I didn't take it as an accusation either!

Q
30-07-19, 11:14
from 'youtube'..

looks like some poor defending in that league and compared to them he has a little pace to go with his height

underwhelming maybe, but how many does he need to score to be better than Zohore + Bogle + Gary all together?

Pedro de la Rosa
30-07-19, 11:15
from 'youtube'..

looks like some poor defending in that league and compared to them he has a little pace to go with his height

underwhelming maybe, but how many does he need to score to be better than Zohore + Bogle + Gary all together?

I wouldn't like to hear your thoughts on defending in the Prem and Championship :hehe:.

HSV didn't bounce back from Bundesliga 2, so it is certainly a decent standard.

Vindec
30-07-19, 11:17
Very tall, probably a sensible league for us to be looking at, and was scoring at a pretty good rate last season. I'm cautiously optimistic about this.
I've heard Janni Serra touted as a talent in that league, who is another tall striker, but this guy actually has a better scoring record

Being tall does not necessarily mean he is good in the air. I recall the last player we got from Germany. About 6ft 7 ins and the bloke was too scared to head the ball and only lasted at the club for a couple of months.

Pedro de la Rosa
30-07-19, 11:19
Being tall does not necessarily mean he is good in the air. I recall Ken Zohore

:-)

the other bob wilson
30-07-19, 11:22
https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jonathan-woodgate-knows-miles-more-16620449

Mr Soul '68
30-07-19, 11:22
Being tall does not necessarily mean he is good in the air. I recall the last player we got from Germany. About 6ft 7 ins and the bloke was too scared to head the ball and only lasted at the club for a couple of months.

Ahhhh the "great" Schwinkindorf!! Didn't he only play one game in total for us, and that was a home game! Once ever seen in "action" playing for us, never ever forgotten!!

Pedro de la Rosa
30-07-19, 11:26
https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jonathan-woodgate-knows-miles-more-16620449

Middlesbrough flew in Forlan to sign, and he went to Man Utd. Maybe we're flying him in only for Boro to poach him :hehe:

Taunton Blue Genie
30-07-19, 11:26
Odd that we both made the same comment within an hour of each other! And I didn't take it as an accusation either!

I think that you are me using a second account on here!

Pedro de la Rosa
30-07-19, 11:28
I think that you are me using a second account on here!

I think you will find I am not Pedro de la Rosa, I am Taunton Blue Genie.

Taunton Blue Genie
30-07-19, 11:30
I think you will find I am not Pedro de la Rosa, I am Taunton Blue Genie.

I challenge you to a duel, you impostor! However, if only one of us turns up I will have to re-think...

Baloo
30-07-19, 11:34

Once the first goal came for the hosts, the rest swiftly followed, with impressive substitute Robert Glatzel bagging a hat-trick. Woodgate expects the striker to go for big money this summer.

"They've got a good centre-forward in Glatzel, who's going to cost a few quid in the transfer window whoever signs him," said the boss.

:sherlock:

Des Parrot
30-07-19, 11:49

Looks good on t'internet :hehe: no honestly, he does

Optimistic Nick
30-07-19, 11:51

On what grounds to you conclude "probably"?

Trigger
30-07-19, 11:56
Looks YouTube verified. Think this sort of deal is our best shot. Decent enough record, good age, not quite the inflated fee he would were he at a club here.

The Lone Gunman
30-07-19, 12:04
HSV didn't bounce back from Bundesliga 2, so it is certainly a decent standard.

It isn’t. The Bundesliga itself isn’t a great standard with the exception of a small handful of teams, let alone Bundesliga 2. There are obviously plenty of good players in Germany but the leagues aren’t strong.

blue lewj
30-07-19, 12:05

I disagree.

Their word for glove is handschuhe.
Tickled me when I saw that while over there.

BLUEAWAY
30-07-19, 12:09

He looks to make time for himself which is a good thing

blue lewj
30-07-19, 12:15
Ahhhh the "great" Schwinkindorf!! Didn't he only play one game in total for us, and that was a home game! Once ever seen in "action" playing for us, never ever forgotten!!

I remember a mazey run against Reading that cut through them like butter and he let loose a shot that cannoned off the post in front of a very wet Grange End. Nugent might have got the winner late on.

Big Jorn not really noted for much else while here.

Mr Soul '68
30-07-19, 12:21
I remember a mazey run against Reading that cut through them like butter and he let loose a shot that cannoned off the post in front of a very wet Grange End. Nugent might have got the winner late on.

Big Jorn not really noted for much else while here.

Cheers, forgotten our opponents that day were Reading

Rjk
30-07-19, 12:23
He looks to make time for himself which is a good thing

Movement looks decent, and fairly calm in front of goal.

What we haven't seen is what he's like with the ball launched towards his head from our own half

xsnaggle
30-07-19, 12:26

What we haven't seen is what he's like with the ball launched towards his head from our own half

hmmm that might be important :sherlock:

blue lewj
30-07-19, 12:28

RonnieBird
30-07-19, 12:38
https://youtu.be/72a8c0NPzRY

the other bob wilson
30-07-19, 12:41
Our number one summer target apparently and there could be another striker to follow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49166389

Taunton Blue Genie
30-07-19, 12:53
It isn’t. The Bundesliga itself isn’t a great standard with the exception of a small handful of teams, let alone Bundesliga 2. There are obviously plenty of good players in Germany but the leagues aren’t strong.

Indeed. I saw two Bundesliga 2 games last season and although they were fun to watch the standard wasn't great.
Patrick Joosten of Venlo impressed me though.

Bothroyd's Diving Coach
30-07-19, 12:56
He is currently having his medical so you'd think this one will go ahead. If we can get a tidy CM in now we should have enough to challenge top 6.

The Bob Banker Spanker
30-07-19, 12:56
Our number one summer target apparently and there could be another striker to follow.

I assume that would be Whyte

thehumblegringo
30-07-19, 12:58

I don't necessarily agree with that. I don't necessarily think that the bottom 3 teams in the Bundesliga were any worse than the bottom 3 in the premier league last season.

I know that the standard or at least style of football from the 2nd division in Germany matches the championship. If you watch teams like Holstein Kiel last season the football they played was unbelievable.

I know this wasn't your argument but some of the best up and coming manager certainly come from that league.

The Lone Gunman
30-07-19, 13:08
I don't necessarily agree with that. I don't necessarily think that the bottom 3 teams in the Bundesliga were any worse than the bottom 3 in the premier league last season.

I know that the standard or at least style of football from the 2nd division in Germany matches the championship. If you watch teams like Holstein Kiel last season the football they played was unbelievable.

I know this wasn't your argument but some of the best up and coming manager certainly come from that league.

I’ve watched Hertha Berlin four times in recent seasons. On each occasion the teams they’ve played have been fellow mid-table Bundesliga sides. It’s been a great experience, but the standard of the football has been weak.

None of the sides I’ve watched would have avoided relegation from the Premier League and none would have been leading lights in the Championship either. That’s my opinion. If you believe otherwise then fair enough, but the evidence I’ve seen suggests the German leagues are relatively weak with the exception of the major sides. There’s no strength in depth, hence the fact that a player like Mark Grujic can operate comfortably in the German top flight.

RonnieBird
30-07-19, 13:15
Seems like a good signing to me. We can never tell but he looks like a player who could do great things in the right setting

Q
30-07-19, 13:15

You know the standard matches the championship? It doesn’t from anything I've seen or read in recent seasons. The you tube video backs up some poor defending

However hopefully Bob can settle, create space and goals

life on mars
30-07-19, 13:18
The most reliable /truthful news source in the world now running with it

Robert Glatzel was born on Jan. 8, 1994. He is currently 25 years old and plays as a Striker for Heidenheim in Germany. His overall rating in FIFA 19 is 71 with a potential of 74. Glatzel has got a 2-star skillmoves rating. He prefers to shoot with his right foot. His workrates are Medium / Medium. Glatzel's height is 193 cm cm and his weight is estimated at 85 kg kg according to our database. Currently, Robert Glatzel is playing with number 9. His best stats are: Strength: 82, Finishing: 77, Att. Position: 73, Shot Power: 73, Heading: 72.

RonnieBird
30-07-19, 13:18
Thing is that he appears to have the knack of finding the net in that instance when the chance appears, and that's something which we've sometimes lacked. He'll be keen to make his mark and of course, unlike Ken, will obey orders without question .

RonnieBird
30-07-19, 13:20
Just hope he doesn't make any embarrassing mistakes when they ask him for the photo dong the Ayatollah

splott parker
30-07-19, 13:26
I’ve watched Hertha Berlin four times in recent seasons. On each occasion the teams they’ve played have been fellow mid-table Bundesliga sides. It’s been a great experience, but the standard of the football has been weak.

None of the sides I’ve watched would have avoided relegation from the Premier League and none would have been leading lights in the Championship either. That’s my opinion. If you believe otherwise then fair enough, but the evidence I’ve seen suggests the German leagues are relatively weak with the exception of the major sides. There’s no strength in depth, hence the fact that a player like Mark Grujic can operate comfortably in the German top flight.

Let’s hope he’s a stand out player in his league amongst the lesser lights, does make you think though why a Bundesliga club hasn’t taken a punt on him if he is. Are City’s terms that much more attractive? Or maybe his agent sees us as a stepping stone to the Premier League & it’s riches. Very interesting signing in my opinion and am looking forward to seeing him.

splott parker
30-07-19, 13:27
Just hope he doesn't make any embarrassing mistakes when they ask him for the photo dong the Ayatollah

The photo dong would be more embarrassing in my opinion 🤪

jon1959
30-07-19, 13:27

What's a 'photo dong'?

Seriously, there should be not problem for new signings who arrive during pre-season. There must be a few sessions scheduled every day for practising the Ayatollah. I heard a rumour that Jazz is in charge of them. :hehe:

Pedro de la Rosa
30-07-19, 13:34

If anyone saw most of Cardiff's games vs the bottom half, they'd ask serious questions how any of those other sides survived. Burnley and Brighton are dreadful for starters.

The Lone Gunman
30-07-19, 13:34
Let’s hope he’s a stand out player in his league amongst the lesser lights, does make you think though why a Bundesliga club hasn’t taken a punt on him if he is. Are City’s terms that much more attractive? Or maybe his agent sees us as a stepping stone to the Premier League & it’s riches. Very interesting signing in my opinion and am looking forward to seeing him.

He’s had three seasons in Bundesliga 2. His league stats are 4 goals in 19 appearances in 16/17, 4 goals in 29 appearances in 17/18 and 13 goals in 26 appearances in 18/19. Last season was when he made his mark, so possibly a late developer and one good season in the second tier is probably why a Bundesliga team hasn’t picked him up.

Definitely an interesting signing but I certainly wouldn’t equate the second tier in Germany to the Championship.

The Lone Gunman
30-07-19, 13:38
If anyone saw most of Cardiff's games vs the bottom half, they'd ask serious questions how any of those other sides survived. Burnley and Brighton are dreadful for starters.

Sure. They’re not good. Better than anything I’ve seen in Germany, though. The game over there doesn’t appear to be nearly as physical as it is over here and although it can be fun to watch and there are plenty of good players dotted around the clubs it’s not a great standard overall.

thehumblegringo
30-07-19, 13:40
You know the standard matches the championship? It doesn’t from anything I've seen or read in recent seasons. The you tube video backs up some poor defending

However hopefully Bob can settle, create space and goals

Some of Swansea's defending last season was laughable at set pieces. I watched a bit of Paderborn and Holstein Kiel last season and they were very attractive to watch and Holstein in particular played some revolutionary stuff.

I'm no expert on that league however and the league I watch most other than our own is La Liga.

CCFC27
30-07-19, 13:42
The German second tier is the most watched second tier in the world, and as others have said when you watch games over here more objectively and look at some of the quality of lower premier league teams, you realise how shite they area and how poor championship defending is responsible for most goals at this level

thehumblegringo
30-07-19, 13:43

If I'm honest I've never even heard of the guy we're about to sign so I'll reserve any judgement for when I see him but like you just said in a recent post there are plenty of good footballers dotted around in most leagues.

I used to watch a lot of Ligue 2 in France and I'd often see good players but the pace of the game there was so slow it was hard to see if it would translate to the championship.

splott parker
30-07-19, 13:43
Definitely an interesting signing but I certainly wouldn’t equate the second tier in Germany to the Championship.

Definitely not, the standard of our second tier has improved dramatically with the influx of overseas players in the Premier League. 25/30 years ago the vast majority of second tier players now would have been top flight. Not sure but I doubt the Bundesliga has as many non nationals. If it is £5.5 million as reported, by today’s prices, it’s run of the mill for a striker.

Pedro de la Rosa
30-07-19, 13:44
Sure. They’re not good. Better than anything I’ve seen in Germany, though. The game over there doesn’t appear to be nearly as physical as it is over here and although it can be fun to watch and there are plenty of good players dotted around the clubs it’s not a great standard overall.

I'm not a german football expert but I watched Koln last season and I was impressed, while Frankfurt took Chelsea to pens over two legs and played Inter off the park. It's probably the third best league in the world, admittedly its behind PL and Spain but I think the overall quality in Bundesliga 2 won't be miles off the Championship. He's scored against some of the better sides in there too.

Pedro de la Rosa
30-07-19, 13:45
If I'm honest I've never even heard of the guy we're about to sign so I'll reserve any judgement for when I see him but like you just said in a recent post there are plenty of good footballers dotted around in most leagues.

I used to watch a lot of Ligue 2 in France and I'd often see good players but the pace of the game there was so slow it was hard to see if it would translate to the championship.

Always a gamble signing foreign players with the frenetic pace of the game over here! It took great players like Pires and Henry ages to adapt, they'll admit that themselves.

The Lone Gunman
30-07-19, 14:04
Definitely not, the standard of our second tier has improved dramatically with the influx of overseas players in the Premier League. 25/30 years ago the vast majority of second tier players now would have been top flight. Not sure but I doubt the Bundesliga has as many non nationals. If it is £5.5 million as reported, by today’s prices, it’s run of the mill for a striker.

As a matter of interest, the entirety of FC Heidenheim’s squad is German.

The Lone Gunman
30-07-19, 14:08
I'm not a german football expert but I watched Koln last season and I was impressed, while Frankfurt took Chelsea to pens over two legs and played Inter off the park. It's probably the third best league in the world, admittedly its behind PL and Spain but I think the overall quality in Bundesliga 2 won't be miles off the Championship. He's scored against some of the better sides in there too.

We’ll have to agree to disagree as I think the standard is indeed miles off. However, as I’ve already said, that’s not to say there aren’t good players dotted around the clubs as there undoubtedly are. Norwich signed one or two last year.

Croesy Blue
30-07-19, 14:13
As a matter of interest, the entirety of FC Heidenheim’s squad is German.

And one player from DR Congo according to Wikipedia

Trigger
30-07-19, 14:19
Well I know how some like to take pre season friendlies seriously. This guy scored a hattrick in a 5-1 win over Middlesbrough recently.

Serious hat on, I don't see it being considerably below the standard of the championship, footballing gods of this league like Swansea, Fulham and Bristol city are ten a penny over there.

Pedro de la Rosa
30-07-19, 14:21
We’ll have to agree to disagree as I think the standard is indeed miles off. However, as I’ve already said, that’s not to say there aren’t good players dotted around the clubs as there undoubtedly are. Norwich signed one or two last year.

And Huddersfield the season before that!

Rjk
30-07-19, 14:33
He’s had three seasons in Bundesliga 2. His league stats are 4 goals in 19 appearances in 16/17, 4 goals in 29 appearances in 17/18 and 13 goals in 26 appearances in 18/19. Last season was when he made his mark, so possibly a late developer and one good season in the second tier is probably why a Bundesliga team hasn’t picked him up.

If you look at per 90 minutes, instead of per appearance then his goal stats are considerably better.

16/17 4 goals in 6.6 x 90 minutes
17/18 4 goals in 17 X 90 minutes
18/19 13 goals in 22 X 90 minutes

Rjk
30-07-19, 14:34
Well I know how some like to take pre season friendlies seriously. This guy scored a hattrick in a 5-1 win over Middlesbrough recently.

Serious hat on, I don't see it being considerably below the standard of the championship, footballing gods of this league like Swansea, Fulham and Bristol city are ten a penny over there.

I'd say it was worse than the championship, but better than league one.

Q
30-07-19, 14:46
The German second tier is the most watched second tier in the world, and as others have said when you watch games over here more objectively and look at some of the quality of lower premier league teams, you realise how shite they area and how poor championship defending is responsible for most goals at this level

Thats quite an improvement; as its been the championship for years... was that last season then?

Taunton Blue Genie
30-07-19, 15:04
Wikipedia states almost 11 million for last years Championship but under 6 million for Bundesliga, 2. Can't link as I'm rushing around and on my phone.

Taunton Blue Genie
30-07-19, 15:06
Wikipedia states almost 11 million for last years Championship but under 6 million for Bundesliga 2. Can't link as I'm rushing around and on my phone.

NottinghamBlue
30-07-19, 15:26
Wikipedia states almost 11 million for last years Championship but under 6 million for Bundesliga 2. Can't link as I'm rushing around and on my phone.

So good he posted it twice. Did you forget to change over to your Pedro sign-on? :sherlock:

Joe Gillis
30-07-19, 15:33

Could this mean the end of the Pelanty?
Elfmetre!!!!!

ToTaL ITK
30-07-19, 15:35
Could this mean the end of the Pelanty?
Elfmetre!!!!!

you mean eltmefre

Rjk
30-07-19, 15:44

There are only 18 teams in the 2 bundesliga though, so they play a lot less games in total.

306 games Vs 552 games, so it is probably close on average attendance

Taunton Blue Genie
30-07-19, 16:04
There are only 18 teams in the 2 bundesliga though, so they play a lot less games in total.

306 games Vs 552 games, so it is probably close on average attendance

Indeed but 'most watched' is 'most watched', n'est pas?

CCFC27
30-07-19, 16:21
"With an average match attendance for the 2016–17 season of 20,130 the Championship ranked second after the German 2. Bundesliga as the most-watched secondary league in the world."

Pedro de la Rosa
30-07-19, 16:24
"With an average match attendance for the 2016–17 season of 20,130 the Championship ranked second after the German 2. Bundesliga as the most-watched secondary league in the world."

Ah, that's no longer true. The Championship in 18/19 had an average attendance of 20,075 compared to Bundesliga 2's very respectable 19,128.

Des Parrot
30-07-19, 16:48

Don't think that Brophy is out of the picture yet, watch this space ....

Taunton Blue Genie
30-07-19, 16:49
So good he posted it twice. Did you forget to change over to your Pedro sign-on? :sherlock:

Taunton Blue Genie
30-07-19, 16:51

Average match attendance is not the same thing as most watched though.

Q
30-07-19, 16:55
Average match attendance is not the same thing as most watched though.

The quote from Wikipedia above refers to uefa report that also shows over 11m p.a watch the championship and 6.6m p.a watch div 2 bundesliga. So a long way behind

Stats eh... it also shows... Bradford city have a higher avg attendance than 11 la Liga clubs and 10 seria A teams

Jimmy the Jock
30-07-19, 16:57
Wikipedia states almost 11 million for last years Championship but under 6 million for Bundesliga, 2. Can't link as I'm rushing around and on my phone.

That is quite clever
Is your phone like a broom.....?

Taunton Blue Genie
30-07-19, 17:03
That is quite clever
Is your phone like a broom.....?

That would be brushing and not rushing :-)

Lawnmower
30-07-19, 17:12

I can’t see any objective way of judging whether it’s a good standard or not.

Not like there are international interleague competitions at this level.

dicey1966
30-07-19, 17:20
Mr.Warnock doesn't exactly have a great record with strikers.. fingers crossed on this one.🤞

soulsurfer3
30-07-19, 17:27
Mr.Warnock doesn't exactly have a great record with strikers.. fingers crossed on this one.��

Is he expected to sign today ? As you say fingers crossed, season starts Saturday.

the other bob wilson
30-07-19, 17:42
Is he expected to sign today ? As you say fingers crossed, season starts Saturday.

Think he might be suspended on Saturday?

soulsurfer3
30-07-19, 17:44

Thanks TOBW, Do suspensions carry over?, thats not great .

splott parker
30-07-19, 17:53
Thanks TOBW, Do suspensions carry over?, thats not great .
A Google search says he’s suspended until August 4th

soulsurfer3
30-07-19, 17:55
A Google search says he’s suspended until August 4th

Thanks SP , wasn`t sure if a domestic suspension in one country was still in place in another.

splott parker
30-07-19, 18:02
Thanks SP , wasn`t sure if a domestic suspension in one country was still in place in another.

Strange one this though, I didn’t realise that suspension rules differ. Apparently in the Bundesliga if you are red carded it only applies to that competition, so if you’re sent off in a league game you could feature in a Cup game during your three game suspension. So, if so I stand erected, I would think that we compete in a different competition. Dont hang me out to dry though😂😂

soulsurfer3
30-07-19, 18:07
Strange one this though, I didn’t realise that suspension rules differ. Apparently in the Bundesliga if you are red carded it only applies to that competition, so if you’re sent off in a league game you could feature in a Cup game during your three game suspension. So, if so I stand erected, I would think that we compete in a different competition. Dont hang me out to dry though����

Thanks, you continue to stand erected, time soon catches up with us all though. I am more confused now than I was at the start of this .:hehe:

splott parker
30-07-19, 18:10
Thanks, you continue to stand erected, time soon catches up with us all though. I am more confused now than I was at the start of this .:hehe:
Points deduction looming for playing a player in suspenders perhaps 😱😱😱

splott parker
30-07-19, 18:13
Cheers Paul, soulsurfer & I are in a right f*cking state since you posted this!!!!! 🤪🤪🤪

soulsurfer3
30-07-19, 18:25
Cheers Paul, soulsurfer & I are in a right f*cking state since you posted this!!!!! ������

:hehe: Let`s just hope he signs and can do a job for us, whenever his suspension is up.

dicey1966
30-07-19, 19:05

I wasn't referring to when he signs but Warnock's record in signing quality strikers .

soulsurfer3
30-07-19, 19:10
I wasn't referring to when he signs but Warnock's record in signing quality strikers .

I was simply asking the question dicey, we all know Warnock and strikers are not straightforward , The Warnock way et al.

surge
30-07-19, 19:27

What does that mean? Does that mean strikers who do well at other clubs or strikers that are effective for Warnock? I think whether he signs quality strikers is perhaps different to whether he signs effective strikers.

If this player makes the impact we're hoping for, coming in as presumably our imagined starting striker, then it's a very good price and a great find.

sneggyblubird
30-07-19, 19:31
What does that mean? Does that mean strikers who do well at other clubs or strikers that are effective for Warnock? I think whether he signs quality strikers is perhaps different to whether he signs effective strikers.

If this player makes the impact we're hoping for, coming in as presumably our imagined starting striker, then it's a very good price and a great find.

Also Zohore was nowhere until Warnock came and 8m for him I'm sure will prove the best bit of business since Joe Masson.

Bald Barry Bastad
30-07-19, 19:51
The spelling on this page is atrocities.

dicey1966
30-07-19, 19:58

Your correct in pulling me up on this.. I used the word quality which is generally defined as fitness for purpose.
However a striker is generally judged by how many goals he bangs into the back of the net.

Chris Pontprennau Blues
30-07-19, 20:09
Quick, two footed, tall, can head a goal and can take a decent penalty - liking this :thumbup::hide:

CCFCC3PO
30-07-19, 20:13
Is he a striker?

17 in 55 in the German 2nd division.

So, no.

Baloo
30-07-19, 20:22
So, no.
Seemed to have a poor 17/18 season.

Scored 17 with 6 assists in 29 league and cup appearances last season.

sneggyblubird
30-07-19, 20:57
Paul Abbandonato is saying on Twitter that they’ve been told it’s a done deal.

dml1954
30-07-19, 21:23
So, no.

A goal every three games is better than average for most strikers. Chopra averaged one every three and a half games over his career.

Lawnmower
30-07-19, 22:00
A goal every three games is better than average for most strikers. Chopra averaged one every three and a half games over his career.

A more accurate stat is how many goals per minute on the pitch- and his figures look much better then.

Although I’d be interested as to why he was sub so often and also how many goals were penalties

This goals per game shit is so misleading and lazy without looking at how many were sub appearances and penalties

Eric the Half a Bee
30-07-19, 22:11
This goals per game shit is so misleading and lazy without looking at how many were sub appearances and penalties

Yep. Years ago I remember many moaning about Ross McCormack, yet when played as a striker, even stripping away penalties, he had a marginally better scoring ratio than Chopra.

Baloo
30-07-19, 22:15
A more accurate stat is how many goals per minute on the pitch- and his figures look much better then.

Although I’d be interested as to why he was sub so often and also how many goals were penalties

Goals per minute can be misleading too as I believe the goal scoring rate generally increases in line with time elapsed so substitutes often have inflated scoring figures compared with regular starters on this measure.

Lawnmower
30-07-19, 22:52
Goals per minute can be misleading too as I believe the goal scoring rate generally increases in line with time elapsed so substitutes often have inflated scoring figures compared with regular starters on this measure.

That’s a fair point, although nowhere near as bad as where people count 5 minutes off the bench equal to someone who’s had 90