PDA

View Full Version : Rashford racist abuse

William Treseder
25-08-19, 07:17
What kind of knuckled headed simpletons live among us, that would racially abuse a player for simply missing a penalty in a game of football.
For every step forward mankind make, they take 2 steps back.

WJ99mobile
25-08-19, 08:09
It’s disgraceful. I do think it’s leaving the game but not as quick as it needs to be.

I never really noticed the unconscious racism in people until last season. For example, Danny Rose got hell of a lot of abuse where trippier got none. Nothing racist was said but I wonder how much abuse certain players would get if they weren’t black

rudy gestede
25-08-19, 08:34
The amount of it on Twitter is actually unbelievable. Like 1000s of people calling him the N word.

I always thought it would be the non british fans but most of it was british people hiding behind fake profiles.

Apparently Reading and Watford players has similar abuse last week too. If they’re getting it, it must be likely that every club has idiots who’d do it.

The Lone Gunman
25-08-19, 08:48
I always thought it would be the non british fans....

That's bonkers. There are millions of racists in Britain. Surely you didn't believe otherwise?

lardy
25-08-19, 08:54
It's not exactly the same, but this is why it would be so difficult for a gay player to come out. Every time there's a thread about it, people say "no one cares about that nowadays"

Well black players are far more accepted and this is still what happens.

AlwaysAway2
25-08-19, 09:13
The bookmakers are responsible these gambling idiots lose money because of the result and let off foul racist steam online.

dembethewarrior
25-08-19, 09:22
The bookmakers are responsible these gambling idiots lose money because of the result and let off foul racist steam online.

What?

Jimmy the Jock
25-08-19, 09:22

Yes its the bookies fault . Well spotted.

delmbox
25-08-19, 09:44

f**king hell :facepalm:

William Treseder
25-08-19, 09:55

I was going to post something similar, but couldn’t find the enthusiasm to do it.

Wolfmother
25-08-19, 10:06
Good point! I lost a bit of money on that penalty, but I forgot to be a racist 🙄

lardy
25-08-19, 10:10

Even if gambling losses lead to racism, which is insane enough, why would it be the bookmakers' fault?

I'd love to know what you take before you post on here :hehe:

Llandaff Blue
25-08-19, 10:25
This has been going on for years and now everyone wants to make a fuss about it.

It’s the nature of social media, give people anonymity and they will push it to the extremes. Best idea is to ignore it, let twitter delete the tweets and get on with your lives. The more attention it gets, the more people will go along with it the next time a black player misses a penalty

dembethewarrior
25-08-19, 10:35
This has been going on for years and now everyone wants to make a fuss about it.

It’s the nature of social media, give people anonymity and they will push it to the extremes. Best idea is to ignore it, let twitter delete the tweets and get on with your lives. The more attention it gets, the more people will go along with it the next time a black player misses a penalty

I haven’t liked racism since I can remember.

Does it matter that it’s been going on years, or there’s a big push only now happening to get rid of it on social media? Surely the fact it’s getting attention raises awareness, makes it a good thing?

Llandaff Blue
25-08-19, 10:42
I haven’t liked racism since I can remember.

Does it matter that it’s been going on years, or there’s a big push only now happening to get rid of it on social media? Surely the fact it’s getting attention raises awareness, makes it a good thing?

I worded my first sentence poorly, the media now want to make a fuss about something that’s been happening for years.

You can’t get rid of it, unless you introduce draconian rules on twitter where you need to use ID for an account or banning racist slurs.

I believe the attention it’s been given since Tammy missed his penalty has actually increased the abuse sent toward Pogba, Meite and Rashford so no it’s not a good thing. Maybe twitter could improve their moderation, but from what I’ve seen the tweets and accounts didn’t stay up for very long.

rudy gestede
25-08-19, 11:35
It’s more that people are racist that’s the issue here I think. The fact there’s a social media post is bad but it’s not the real issue here.

rudy gestede
25-08-19, 11:36
That's bonkers. There are millions of racists in Britain. Surely you didn't believe otherwise?
Not to the extent where there are thousands of people calling a black guy the N word for missing a penalty I didn’t.

It’s properly depressing that so many people are so backwards.

rudy gestede
25-08-19, 11:38

Yeah ever since that Irish bookmaker got rid of the white in the middle of their name they’ve been able to hide that all racism is caused by bookmakers.

Auntie Andy
25-08-19, 11:54
Brexititeers, Johnson,Yaxley, Hopkins, Farage, Trump, May, all spouting hate towards minority’s. Why is anyone surprised?

William Treseder
25-08-19, 12:10

Brexititeers, Johnson,Yaxley, Hopkins, Farage, Trump, May, all spouting hate towards minority’s. Why is anyone surprised?

Whoa. That’s a bit of a broad statement. I’m a brexiteer, but for reasons that do not include racism, or any immigration policy.
Not wanting to steer this thread down another boring repetative brexit route, but I have to pull you up on that daft statement.

rudy gestede
25-08-19, 12:26
Whoa. That’s a bit of a broad statement. I’m a brexiteer, but for reasons that do not include racism, or any immigration policy.
Not wanting to steer this thread down another boring repetative brexit route, but I have to pull you up on that daft statement.

I wouldn’t say all brexiters are racists but I’d say all racists voted for Brexit in fairness. And the things the aforementioned have said in the media have emboldened them to be more open about it.

Auntie Andy
25-08-19, 13:25

Perhaps I should have said the majority of Brexiteers, my apologies.

I am amazed at the number of Welsh people who are racists. You only have to go on Twitter or Facebook and look at the comments from them whenever there’s a post regarding leaving the EU. I thought we were better than that :angry:

RonnieBird
27-08-19, 00:08
Ridiculous bollocks to say that Brexit supporters are racists , no surprise to hear it as part of the constant sour grapes from the losing side.
So 52 % of the voters in the referrendum are racists are they ?

RonnieBird
27-08-19, 00:09
Ridiculous bollocks to say that Brexit supporters are racists , no surprise to hear it as part of the constant sour grapes from the losing side.

delmbox
27-08-19, 11:49

Absolutely not all Brexiteers are racist, but as someone said above - all racists are undoubtedly Brexiteers

dembethewarrior
27-08-19, 12:22
Absolutely not all Brexiteers are racist, but as someone said above - all racists are undoubtedly Brexiteers

I will be astounded if there is an argument against this point.

RonnieBird
27-08-19, 13:01
Well Jeremy Corbyn isn't a Brexiteer for a start. Also, whilst this is not going to be widely understood here, the driving force behind the EU and globalisation generally is of a far more substantial and dangerous racist target than Alf Garnet or Tommy Robinson.

I'm sorry to be the one to burst anyone's white saviour self image, but a lot of Brexit supporters are black you know.

lardy
27-08-19, 13:06
Well Jeremy Corbyn isn't a Brexiteer for a start. Also, whilst this is not going to be widely understood here, the driving force behind the EU and globalisation generally is of a far more substantial and dangerous racist target than Alf Garnet or Tommy Robinson.

I'm sorry to be the one to burst anyone's white saviour self image, but a lot of Brexit supporters are black you know.

Black people can't be racist?

RonnieBird
27-08-19, 13:15
It's a desperate tactic of the left to shout Racism when they're losing any argument and even they had been going easy on that in recent times because it sounds so pathetic, so the fact that they're resurrecting it as a side dish to Project Fear means they're running out of ideas.
At the end of the day they're only repeating bloody nonsense they've heard on tv from vested interests because the issues are quite clear, so we don't expect logic or truth, but actually I know an awful lot of Brexit supporters and none of them are particularly racist. Since we're on the subject, they're not ill educated, ill informed or stupid either - quite the opposite in fact.

The only people who are scared of Brexit are those who are plugged into the state and its rentier economy in some way or another, and they're so terrified of regular people getting proper opportunities and the benefits of leaving that they've invested a huge amount of effort,energy and money into mobilising the fears and misgivings of people who don't really grasp the issues or possibilities for themselves.

Frankly it's really stupid to be influenced by this vilification of individuals - if Hitler believed in building roads to help the economy , would we refuse to build roads ? Obviously not, and whilst this constant horse shit about brexiters being bad or stupid people is a lie, it's not a reason to reject the idea of sovereignty anyway.

RonnieBird
27-08-19, 13:19
Black people can't be racist?

Big question and a separate conversation, but are you saying now then that Brexiteers are black racists - presumably being racist against white people ?

See, it's complete bloody nonsense isn't it ? Obviously there are white Brexit supporters who, according to you are racists, but the black Brexit supporters are also racists apparently , so they must spend most of their time being racist against each other ????

RonnieBird
27-08-19, 13:21
Why can't people think stuff like this through before repeating it ?

lardy
27-08-19, 13:24
Big question and a separate conversation, but are you saying now then that Brexiteers are black racists - presumably being racist against white people ?

See, it's complete bloody nonsense isn't it ? Obviously there are white Brexit supporters who, according to you are racists, but the black Brexit supporters are also racists apparently , so they must spend most of their time being racist against each other ????

There's a lot of "according to you" in that reply, none of which I said.

Are there only white and black people in the world? No other races that a white person and black person could mutually be racist against?

For someone who regularly claims to be much more intelligent than others on here, you're not making much sense.

William Treseder
27-08-19, 13:25
I will be astounded if there is an argument against this point.

So the counter argument to this, is that not one racist voted to stay in Europe ?.
That’s a very naive assumption. When cash and wealth are involved.

RonnieBird
27-08-19, 13:29
There's a lot of "according to you" in that reply, none of which I said.

Are there only white and black people in the world? No other races that a white person and black person could mutually be racist against?

For someone who regularly claims to be much more intelligent than others on here, you're not making much sense.

Really ?
I don't know when I claimed that, incidentally, but who are they being racist towards then ?
It's not me who's not making sense.

lardy
27-08-19, 13:32
Really ?
I don't know when I claimed that, incidentally, but who are they being racist towards then ?
It's not me who's not making sense.

You said:

Obviously there are white Brexit supporters who, according to you are racists, but the black Brexit supporters are also racists apparently , so they must spend most of their time being racist against each other ????

dembethewarrior
27-08-19, 14:36
It's a desperate tactic of the left to shout Racism when they're losing any argument and even they had been going easy on that in recent times because it sounds so pathetic, so the fact that they're resurrecting it as a side dish to Project Fear means they're running out of ideas.
At the end of the day they're only repeating bloody nonsense they've heard on tv from vested interests because the issues are quite clear, so we don't expect logic or truth, but actually I know an awful lot of Brexit supporters and none of them are particularly racist. Since we're on the subject, they're not ill educated, ill informed or stupid either - quite the opposite in fact.

The only people who are scared of Brexit are those who are plugged into the state and its rentier economy in some way or another, and they're so terrified of regular people getting proper opportunities and the benefits of leaving that they've invested a huge amount of effort,energy and money into mobilising the fears and misgivings of people who don't really grasp the issues or possibilities for themselves.

Frankly it's really stupid to be influenced by this vilification of individuals - if Hitler believed in building roads to help the economy , would we refuse to build roads ? Obviously not, and whilst this constant horse shit about brexiters being bad or stupid people is a lie, it's not a reason to reject the idea of sovereignty anyway.

If you aren’t Wales Bales I’ll eat my own arse.

AfricanBluebird
27-08-19, 16:14

😳

Tuerto
27-08-19, 20:35

You think Corbyn would've wanted to stay in the EU with his political leanings? I don't like the EU but voted to stay because it was a toss up between shit and shitter in my opinion. The EU is essentially capitalism with the gloves off, they pander to big business and shit on unions, most of the Employment rights in the UK were introduced because of workers struggle, nothing to do with the EU. I voted to stay, but **** em' and their neo liberal policies.

RonnieBird
27-08-19, 21:12

Ah, well tuck in then !
Maybe you could film it and put it on YouTube .

RonnieBird
27-08-19, 21:19
Re that whole WB thing, which I'd thought was settled. I've never met him or read any of his posts before I joined this forum, but apparently he says similar stuff in a similar way to me. Now , here's the shocker for some here - quite a lot of intelligent and reasonably educated people I know also speak a bit like that.
I don't want to be rude, but is it a case of you not being used to reasonably articulate dialogues ?

William Treseder
27-08-19, 21:55

Surely Mike Morris could put this to bed once and for all?

RonnieBird
27-08-19, 23:25
I thought he had

lardy
27-08-19, 23:26
Surely Mike Morris could put this to bed once and for all?

There's a hint of what Mr Morris thinks here:

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php?440002-The-alternative-forum&p=4990975&viewfull=1#post4990975

RonnieBird
27-08-19, 23:35
There's a hint of what Mr Morris thinks here:

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php?440002-The-alternative-forum&p=4990975&viewfull=1#post4990975

No need for hints. Why don't you pm him and ask ?
I did and he said he'd posted something which I expect he did.

He hasn't got to " think" anything about it has he, because he can check very quickly and therefore he knows.
I'm not going through this Crap again . I thought even the most determined nutters had given up on that theory, but apparently not.

lardy
27-08-19, 23:47
No need for hints. Why don't you pm him and ask ?
I did and he said he'd posted something which I expect he did.

He hasn't got to " think" anything about it has he, because he can check very quickly and therefore he knows.
I'm not going through this Crap again . I thought even the most determined nutters had given up on that theory, but apparently not.

Impossible to police.

With VPN's and different devices you can't always identify multiple accounts.

People generally tend to give themselves away.

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php?439807-Can-we-have-one-idnetity-per-IP-Address-Or-account&p=4997731&viewfull=1#post4997731