View Full Version : Palace up to 5th

life on mars
03-12-19, 22:12
Old Roy is 72 and still delivering ,seems a genuinely nice man.

Tuerto
03-12-19, 22:37

And there's hope for our Vic, an unused sub tonight.

life on mars
04-12-19, 00:20
And there's hope for our Vic, an unused sub tonight.

Palace biggest strength is thier central midfielders.

LeningradCowboy
04-12-19, 09:38
I thought Bournemouth were terrible. They've got Liverpool and Chelsea next up. I wouldn't be surprised if they were dragged into the relegation battle.

dembethewarrior
04-12-19, 10:13
I thought Bournemouth were terrible. They've got Liverpool and Chelsea next up. I wouldn't be surprised if they were dragged into the relegation battle.

Funny how some teams come up with a small budget and struggle when they start spunking big money on players

LeningradCowboy
04-12-19, 10:20
Funny how some teams come up with a small budget and struggle when they start spunking big money on players

They bought Solanke for £19m in January and he hasn't scored for them yet.

splott parker
04-12-19, 10:23
Isn’t there some story about Bournemouth falling foul of FFP when they eventually return to the EFL? I wonder if, when they do exit the Premier League, they’ll return to their historical position in football hierarchy?

LeningradCowboy
04-12-19, 10:36
Isn’t there some story about Bournemouth falling foul of FFP when they eventually return to the EFL? I wonder if, when they do exit the Premier League, they’ll return to their historical position in football hierarchy?

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/club-news/club-and-efl-agree-ffp-settlement/

They paid the fine last summer.

splott parker
04-12-19, 10:46

Cheers, knew there was something they’d fallen foul of👍

goats
04-12-19, 11:18

Was thinking it’s about time Eddie Howe moved on? Would he be a good fit for arsenal maybe? What’s the point in staying any longer at a league 1/2 sized club?

The Bob Banker Spanker
04-12-19, 11:49
Was thinking it’s about time Eddie Howe moved on? Would he be a good fit for arsenal maybe? What’s the point in staying any longer at a league 1/2 sized club?

Comfort zone perhaps and a good fit.
When he did hot leg it to Burnley it didn’t work out and went crawling back.

Eric the Half a Bee
04-12-19, 12:22

So a club can overspend according to FFP, yet it's ok to pay the fine and have it brushed under the carpet. Sounds like a real deterrent for any rich owner.....

Optimistic Nick
04-12-19, 13:01
So a club can overspend according to FFP, yet it's ok to pay the fine and have it brushed under the carpet. Sounds like a real deterrent for any rich owner.....
Yeah I thought that was odd
Surely do something to actually level the playing field, like deducting points, imposing a transfer umbongo or arresting John Terry

Ianto13
04-12-19, 16:30

Ironically we went up as Champions the same year as they scrapped into the playoffs. They were a lot of points behind us yet the are still in the Premier League with Zaha as there star player!

BlueArmy 86
04-12-19, 16:37
Comfort zone perhaps and a good fit.
When he did hot leg it to Burnley it didn’t work out and went crawling back.

Just checked his managerial record at Burnely, and while doing so i looked at his total stats as a manager, and in 520 games he has won 222 and drew 111. Spooky! He's also lost 187, which has its own meaning..

Delbert
04-12-19, 17:56
Crystal Palace show what’s possible with a good strategy, sensible investment and a belief you belong in the Premier League.

Now Warnock has gone, albeit 6 months too late, the board need to stop thinking of us as plucky little Cardiff. It would probably also help if some of our supporters could move on from glorifying the lost decades spent in the lower tiers they still seem to think define the club.

After 18 months of decline under Warnock we now have an opportunity to go about achieving our potential which is surely at least the equal, if not greater, than Crystal Palace.