View Full Version : Get it done!

Wales-Bales
08-12-19, 19:58
No more piddling about :biggrin:

Wales-Bales
08-12-19, 19:58
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">End the uncertainty. Avoid another hung parliament. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/VoteConservative?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#VoteConservative</a> <a href="https://t.co/B73arz50jU">pic.twitter.com/B73arz50jU</a></p>&mdash; Boris Johnson (@BorisJohnson) <a href="https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1203651959850491908?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 8, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

life on mars
08-12-19, 22:14
I'm on the fence

jon1959
08-12-19, 22:25
I'm on the fence

Get some of it half done?

Wales-Bales
08-12-19, 22:28
I'm on the fence
I don't blame you after witnessing all the anti-Corbyn sentiment, it appears that Boris is the chosen one.

Organ Morgan.
09-12-19, 07:06
I predict an identical result to the last three General Elections. Bankster parties to secure 649 Parliamentary seats with the other going to the Greens in Brighton.

Wales-Bales
09-12-19, 12:20
I predict an identical result to the last three General Elections. Bankster parties to secure 649 Parliamentary seats with the other going to the Greens in Brighton.
Are you saying Boris is a plant?

SLUDGE FACTORY
09-12-19, 13:15
Wouldn't vote Tory as long as I am breathing

life on mars
09-12-19, 16:58
Rumour has it Boris was very chirpy over the weekend , neighbour's heard his lady friend screaming at his organ , and it's not called morgan

life on mars
09-12-19, 16:59
Wouldn't vote Tory as long as I am breathing

Go on it might move Labour onto a different path and leadership.

cyril evans awaydays
09-12-19, 17:27
I'm on the fence

Anyone want to bookmark these tweets from Katya Adler be my guest!

When supporters of Boris Johnson say: he achieved what so many claimed was impossible: he got EU to renegotiate #Brexit deal therefore he can also get an EU trade deal done by December next year although many say unlikely .. It’s important to remember the red line PM crossed

He didn’t get the new Brexit deal by bullying/impressing/charming the EU. He got it by agreeing to protect their single market on island of Ireland after Brexit by putting a customs border down the Irish Sea. Allowing a ‘division’ between NIreland + GB he’d pledged never to do

Of course the EU also engaged with Boris Johnson because they believed that he - as a political figure - had a better chance of selling a deal back home to MPs than Theresa May ever had - BUT have a chat in EU circles

And you’ll hear the only way Johnson really has chance of getting bare bones FTA with EU done and dusted by Christmas next year is if he crosses his own red lines again and gives in to EU concerns ie. level playing field regulations and allowing EU fishing rights in UK waters

Getting it done seemed of more importance to Johnson with the #Brexit deal than keeping his word about the union and avoiding a dividing line down the Irish Sea. How might it be with an EU trade deal? Would he give up ‘control’ and ‘sovereignty’ for a quick deal by December?

Remember if he signs up to ongoing alignment with EU environmental, labour, state aid competition rules etc after Brexit, then where’s the national sovereignty he promised voters? And if he doesn’t sign on the dotted line, then negotiations with the EU are bound to take longer

Then again, if he did keep U.K. close to EU, then Brexit-related divisions between NIreland and the rest of UK would diminish as the EU need for controls/checks/paperwork to keep an eye on what’s coming in or going out of their single market/customs territory would decrease

It all comes down to not being able to have your cake and eat it. Those trade-offs so many politicians seem very reluctant to come clean about

Wales-Bales
09-12-19, 20:26
Anyone want to bookmark these tweets from Katya Adler be my guest!

When supporters of Boris Johnson say: he achieved what so many claimed was impossible: he got EU to renegotiate #Brexit deal therefore he can also get an EU trade deal done by December next year although many say unlikely .. It’s important to remember the red line PM crossed

He didn’t get the new Brexit deal by bullying/impressing/charming the EU. He got it by agreeing to protect their single market on island of Ireland after Brexit by putting a customs border down the Irish Sea. Allowing a ‘division’ between NIreland + GB he’d pledged never to do

Of course the EU also engaged with Boris Johnson because they believed that he - as a political figure - had a better chance of selling a deal back home to MPs than Theresa May ever had - BUT have a chat in EU circles

And you’ll hear the only way Johnson really has chance of getting bare bones FTA with EU done and dusted by Christmas next year is if he crosses his own red lines again and gives in to EU concerns ie. level playing field regulations and allowing EU fishing rights in UK waters

Getting it done seemed of more importance to Johnson with the #Brexit deal than keeping his word about the union and avoiding a dividing line down the Irish Sea. How might it be with an EU trade deal? Would he give up ‘control’ and ‘sovereignty’ for a quick deal by December?

Remember if he signs up to ongoing alignment with EU environmental, labour, state aid competition rules etc after Brexit, then where’s the national sovereignty he promised voters? And if he doesn’t sign on the dotted line, then negotiations with the EU are bound to take longer

Then again, if he did keep U.K. close to EU, then Brexit-related divisions between NIreland and the rest of UK would diminish as the EU need for controls/checks/paperwork to keep an eye on what’s coming in or going out of their single market/customs territory would decrease

It all comes down to not being able to have your cake and eat it. Those trade-offs so many politicians seem very reluctant to come clean about
Exactly what I said 3 years ago!

cyril evans awaydays
09-12-19, 20:32
Exactly what I said 3 years ago!

Well done you! All you have to do is dig out the proof now!

Wales-Bales
09-12-19, 21:24
Well done you! All you have to do is dig out the proof now!
The proof is all around you if open your eyes!

cyril evans awaydays
09-12-19, 21:32
The proof is all around you if open your eyes!

The proof is all around me if I open my eyes to something you exactly said 3 years ago? Just post it and the whole board can marvel at your wisdom!"