PDA

View Full Version : Politics on the main board..

Tuerto
13-12-19, 19:31
Don't know about others but i've really enjoyed reading peoples opinions on the election and the different policies, beliefs etc, it's really come to life on here and dare i say it, the debate has been mature and balanced with nobody being bullied or shouted down. There's always going to be a bit of back and forth, but in the main it's been positive and engaging.

When Mike split the boards it was around the time when there was personal animosity between posters, only a few but they did spoil this place for some people so i can understand why it was done, but that seems to have disappeared and i think that it's fair to say that the debate has been good whichever side of the fence you sit on. Time to reconsider?

cyril evans awaydays
13-12-19, 19:36
Don't know about others but i've really enjoyed reading peoples opinions on the election and the different policies, beliefs etc, it's really come to life on here and dare i say it, the debate has been mature and balanced with nobody being bullied or shouted down. There's always going to be a bit of back and forth, but in the main it's been positive and engaging.

When Mike split the boards it was around the time when there was personal animosity between posters, only a few but they did spoil this place for some people so i can understand why it was done, but that seems to have disappeared and i think that it's fair to say that the debate has been good whichever side of the fence you sit on. Time to reconsider?

Feck off you Trot!

cyril evans awaydays
13-12-19, 19:37
Feck off you Trot!

On reflection you might have raised a valid point there!

Tuerto
13-12-19, 19:39
Feck off you Trot!

I deserved that :xmashehe:

cyril evans awaydays
13-12-19, 19:44
I deserved that :xmashehe:

Should have been Eu Trot (anagram) I guess :xmasthumbup:

splott parker
13-12-19, 20:44
I’ve enjoyed it and am really looking forward to the next General Election next year:xmashehe:

goats
13-12-19, 21:52
I’ve enjoyed it and am really looking forward to the next General Election next year:xmashehe:

You mean next referendum yeah?

delmbox
13-12-19, 22:18

I agree, it's not hard not to click on a thread if you've got no interest in it. The Tories have won, Brexit is happening, we're all f**ked, there's not that much to argue about anymore anyway :hehe:

life on mars
13-12-19, 23:36
Yep bring it back you get a broader view , more contributors .

Bobby Dandruff
14-12-19, 00:12

I have ZERO interest in the politics of other posters.

Please keep them to the board called ‘Politics’ - that is what it is for!!!!! 🙈

Elwood Blues
14-12-19, 00:18
I have ZERO interest in the politics of other posters.

Please keep them to the board called ‘Politics’ - that is what it is for!!!!! 🙈

In that case don't read Politics threads!

Bobby Dandruff
14-12-19, 00:20

In which case don’t clutter up the football board when there is a board DEDICATED to political musing. 🙈

This is CCMB remember 🙄

delmbox
14-12-19, 00:28
In which case don’t clutter up the football board when there is a board DEDICATED to political musing. ��

This is CCMB remember ��

Bizarre how people get stressed out by "a cluttered up messageboard"

Just don't click on the thread and have a look at the next one, it's not as if hundreds of threads get made every day

elytillidie
14-12-19, 08:41
Bizarre how people get stressed out by "a cluttered up messageboard"

Just don't click on the thread and have a look at the next one, it's not as if hundreds of threads get made every day
Exactly, I thought yesterday's threads were very informative, I found out that all the stupid people voted Leave in Brexit 2, and then all the intelligent people came on here to call them names.

Dave Blue
14-12-19, 09:24
Exactly, I thought yesterday's threads were very informative, I found out that all the stupid people voted Leave in Brexit 2, and then all the intelligent people came on here to call them names.

Very true. I like to find out who the empty vessels are so I can then also ignore their opinion on football.

Bobby Dandruff
14-12-19, 10:49

This is just my view but I have absolutely zero interest in other posters’ political views and so having them on a separate board makes perfect sense to me.

They just clutter up football / CCFC related posts which is the only reason I have ever used the board.

Keep them separate I say.

Robin Friday's Ghost
14-12-19, 11:28
😅

Robin Friday's Ghost
14-12-19, 11:29
Separate boards for me.

Bald Barry Bastad
14-12-19, 12:15
This is a Cardiff City message board. It has nothing to do with politics thank God.

jon1959
14-12-19, 12:20
This is a Cardiff City message board. It has nothing to do with politics thank God.

Mods - can we move this post to the Religion board?

Dorcus
14-12-19, 12:24

I think you're being a tad unfair. I certainly don't agree ALL people who voted Leave are stupid; a tiny minority like Johnson and his henchmen are running a clever plan of manipulation to advance their own interests at the expense of the majority.

dembethewarrior
14-12-19, 14:24

You don’t have to if you don’t click on the politics board, where politics threads are.

StraightOuttaCanton
14-12-19, 15:56
What difference does it make where it is?

Bald Barry Bastad
14-12-19, 16:05
This is a football message board. Not a politics message board.

lardy
14-12-19, 16:07

There are loads of non football threads here.

delmbox
14-12-19, 16:18

It's just a collection of subjects on a website on the internet, I'm sure you're a well rounded individual with a family, friends etc, I doubt that this messageboard is so important in your life that it actually bothers you that it's not purely football threads in it

Bald Barry Bastad
14-12-19, 16:18
We have a politics board.

delmbox
14-12-19, 16:19
I was wrong :hehe:

splott parker
14-12-19, 16:31
Just reading the Leeds/City match thread, can we revert to politics please🤪