PDA

View Full Version : WHAT £4m WILL GET YOU IF YOU ARE CARDIFF CITY

Steve the Tea
30-01-20, 14:19
Bristol C have just signed Nahki Wells for £4m and we spent £11.5m on Madine and Glatzell. Bogle and Vassell cost us a further £4m! So we spent £15.5m on these four players. So much for the Transfer Committee. Bonkers.

StT.
<><

Vindec
30-01-20, 14:38
Good business by Bristol City in contrast to our duds. I also read somewhere Bristol City were about to sign Ampadu on loan.

Rock_Flock_of_Five
30-01-20, 14:40
There's nothing on their forum about this. Got a link?

Stavross1927
30-01-20, 15:00
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-bristol-city-show-late-3793469

life on mars
30-01-20, 15:13
Good business by Bristol City in contrast to our duds. I also read somewhere Bristol City were about to sign Ampadu on loan.

He will only be good business if he is any good , if not he's just a cheaper flop than ours , has scored at this level though for QPR , i always wonder if a player especially a striker has real potential why would anyone release a striker , unless the bounty was a good fit for club, player and agent ?

Love the name of his first club Dandy Town Hornets

Rock_Flock_of_Five
30-01-20, 15:15
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-bristol-city-show-late-3793469

Cheers!

Vindec
30-01-20, 16:07
There's nothing on their forum about this. Got a link?

Can't find the article I was referring to but this shows there is interest but may not happen.

cardiff55
30-01-20, 16:15
Bogle only (!) cost us £750k, and his 3 year deal has been worthwhile!! We can't even sign cheap players and get it right.

Steve the Tea
30-01-20, 16:59
He will only be good business if he is any good , if not he's just a cheaper flop than ours , has scored at this level though for QPR , i always wonder if a player especially a striker has real potential why would anyone release a striker , unless the bounty was a good fit for club, player and agent ?

Wells scored a hat-trick against us recently for QPR.

StT.
<><

Bobby Dandruff
30-01-20, 17:39
Bristol C have just signed Nahki Wells for £4m and we spent £11.5m on Madine and Glatzell. Bogle and Vassell cost us a further £4m! So we spent £15.5m on these four players. So much for the Transfer Committee. Bonkers.

StT.
<><

He absolutely ran riot in the 6-1 at QPR recently.

Then again, so did the rest of the QPR team 😱

ToTaL ITK
30-01-20, 17:50

dont worry ...when hes useless we'll buy him from bristol for 10 million

life on mars
30-01-20, 18:07
dont worry ...when hes useless we'll buy him from bristol for 10 million

After being sold to Boro first . 🤣

life on mars
30-01-20, 18:09
Wells scored a hat-trick against us recently for QPR.

StT.
<><

I know but we are shit defenders , if he has got genuine talent why not not keep and improve him ,strikers of real quality are tough to find , he must have a flaw in my view?

Heisenberg
30-01-20, 18:22
I know but we are shit defenders , if he has got genuine talent why not not keep and improve him ,strikers of real quality are tough to find , he must have a flaw in my view?

It may be because he's 29, doesn't fit into Burnley's style of play, he's been out on loan for the last two seasons and they've got Wood, Barnes and Rodriguez.

They've got Vydra too and he doesn't get a game for them, despite being prolific in the Championship.

I guess that's why they aren't keeping him and improving him.

life on mars
30-01-20, 18:32
It may be because he's 29, doesn't fit into Burnley's style of play, he's been out on loan for the last two seasons and they've got Wood, Barnes and Rodriguez.

They've got Vydra too and he doesn't get a game for them, despite being prolific in the Championship.

I guess that's why they aren't keeping him and improving him.

Vydra I would buy.

This made me chuckle :
"BREAKING: Bristol City have beaten Barcelona to the signing of Nahki Wells on a permanent deal from Burnley.""

Another wait and see moment I guess .

I'm chuckling a lot tonight .

splott parker
30-01-20, 19:56

:hehe:That’s two comic...al

Steve the Tea
30-01-20, 22:27

Maybe but he has scored 15 goals this season for QPR. There again Tomlin has scored 6 and had 6 assists this season.

StT.
<><