PDA

View Full Version : Sexual assault?

Louth
07-03-20, 20:06
Sexual assault?

Murray Kinsella (@Murray_Kinsella) Tweeted:
Joe Marler on Alun Wyn Jones... https://t.co/YHxoKCkNOf https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/1236335370402398212?s=20

GL1Blue
07-03-20, 20:39
that's the first thing that came into my head when I was watching. Not sure anything will happen but it's wholly inappropriate, not exactly how a role model should show kids how to behave.

dembethewarrior
07-03-20, 20:48
Of course it is.

MacAdder
07-03-20, 20:52
that's the first thing that came into my head when I was watching. Not sure anything will happen but it's wholly inappropriate, not exactly how a role model should show kids how to behave.

ITV showed it and they were all giggling and making light of it. After all, it's just high jinks.
I doubt Allan Wyn Jones was very happy with it but I also doubt he will take it any further.

Question is, many will be outraged and will the IRB feel pressurised into action?

SLUDGE FACTORY
07-03-20, 20:54
I was going to say typical rugby antics but then I remember vinnie jones twisting gazza by the bollocks with the refs back turned some years back

Its assault , no different from kicking someone in the balls , but I dont think theres a sexual motive behind what the england player did , unlike a boss groping his secretary's breasts

SLUDGE FACTORY
07-03-20, 20:56
ITV showed it and they were all giggling and making light of it. After all, it's just high jinks.
I doubt Allan Wyn Jones was very happy with it but I also doubt he will take it any further.

Question is, many will be outraged and will the IRB feel pressurised into action?

That england player should be banned for a period for that , thats serious foul play

dembethewarrior
07-03-20, 20:59
On what planet is that not sexual assault.

SLUDGE FACTORY
07-03-20, 21:09
On what planet is that not sexual assault.

I bet you if he is charged with anything by the police it will be assault and not sexual assault

Not saying it's right, but that's what I reckon will happen

MacAdder
07-03-20, 21:19
I bet you if he is charged with anything by the police it will be assault and not sexual assault

I'd be inclined to agree with you there. However, what if he bats for the other side? :sherlock:

The Bloop
07-03-20, 21:22
Surprised that AWJ didn't mention it to the ref at the time and ask him to review the footage. Could've been a different outcome if England had played the rest of the game with 14 men.

I dont think weve heard the last of this.

dembethewarrior
07-03-20, 21:24

Of course. But it is sexual assault.

Middle aged women that used to grope me in my early 20s would probably call it a joke as I worked the bar, and most people there would make light of Julie the divorcé "she's hell of a girl when she lets her hair down, she's had a right tough time if it lately"

Oh tidy, I'll just laugh it off then.

Harry Paget Flashman
07-03-20, 21:56
Classic outrage here.

They are Lions tourists and no doubt friends. In the middle of the pathetic handbags he jokingly tickles his mates cock as to emphasis that none of them can actually hit each other but all they can do is grab and push. I bet there was kegging and worse going on when on tour and the same goes on in football.

So what.

Heathblue
07-03-20, 22:17
Alfie diffused the situation in the studio.

dembethewarrior
07-03-20, 22:28
Classic outrage here.

They are Lions tourists and no doubt friends. In the middle of the pathetic handbags he jokingly tickles his mates cock as to emphasis that none of them can actually hit each other but all they can do is grab and push. I bet there was kegging and worse going on when on tour and the same goes on in football.

So what.

I'm not outraged.

A question was asked and then answered.

I'm not saying he's a victim, but in black and white terms it is sexual assault

Harry Paget Flashman
07-03-20, 22:46
I'm not outraged.

A question was asked and then answered.

I'm not saying he's a victim, but in black and white terms it is sexual assault

And this this sort of thing happens daily within all sports across the world daily.

I can't believe there are people saying Marler should face a lengthy ban or worse.

surge
07-03-20, 22:47
Alfie diffused the situation in the studio.

Should he have is the question? Lots happens on a rugby pitch that doesn't in normal life but surely this is up there with having hands around someone's throat as something that should lead to punishment wherever it happens. Degree of punishment to be discussed at later time.

Last year Wales wound the England team up, England conceded three times the number of penalties and Wales won the game. Think England had desire to reverse that today - not really required considering their team was in form while the Welsh side is not as good as last year and, hopefully, not as good as next year - and I'm sure there will be some defence made on basis of sour grapes, but hopefully it sparks a discussion. Can't really suggest there is a "rugby brotherhood", or whatever the PR nonsense is, if "hijinks" is used to diffuse something like this.

Louth
08-03-20, 10:39
Classic outrage here.

So what.

Who said anything about outrage?

I think the player was in shock, you could see it in his face. If that happened again, he'd probably punch him.

Pearcey3
08-03-20, 11:04
Classic outrage here.

So what.

Would you be happy with someone grabbing your cock in your workplace?

SLUDGE FACTORY
08-03-20, 11:18
Cock piss partridge

theclaw
08-03-20, 11:20
Remember Vinnie on Gazza :hehe:

SLUDGE FACTORY
08-03-20, 12:08
Remember Vinnie on Gazza :hehe:

That was brutal

I always hated vinnie Jones, thatcherite tory thug

SLUDGE FACTORY
08-03-20, 12:34
Jones has asked the incident to be looked at

It clearly goes against world rugby code rules which say grabbing or twisting the genitals is foul play and starts with a low end punishment of a 12 week ban

J R Hartley
08-03-20, 12:46
Fuss over nothing. Just the way the world is going these days.

The Lone Gunman
08-03-20, 13:16
Would you be happy with someone grabbing your cock in your workplace?

That would entirely depend on who was doing the grabbing.

:thumbup:

jeepster
08-03-20, 13:16
Years ago he would had a smack in the teeth,Geoff Wheel would have knocked him out.

SLUDGE FACTORY
08-03-20, 13:22
That would entirely depend on who was doing the grabbing.

:thumbup:

I will do it , but money up front

WJ99mobile
08-03-20, 13:24
Cock piss partridge
:hehe:

the other bob wilson
08-03-20, 13:25
I find it amusing that the team which ended the match with one player shown a red card, another in the sin bin and another who felt the need to grope the Welsh captain's balls were the ones calling for strong refereeing amid claims that their opponents would resort to all kinds of skullduggery during the game:hehe:.

MacAdder
08-03-20, 13:34
I find it amusing that the team which ended the match with one player shown a red card, another in the sin bin and another who felt the need to grope the Welsh captain's balls were the ones calling for strong refereeing amid claims that their opponents would resort to all kinds of skullduggery during the game:hehe:.

Yeah. The old Eddie Jones double bluff.
From what I saw of the game though, the referee didn't fall for it and was big enough to make the big decisions (the ones he saw anyway).

That said, the game could have been very different had that ball tampering incident been punished.

City123
08-03-20, 14:07
And potentially could have had another in the sin bin during the first half if referees ever bothered to punish Farrell

splott parker
08-03-20, 14:28
Let’s hope this behaviour doesn’t creep into mixed doubles:yikes:

dembethewarrior
08-03-20, 14:37
Let’s hope this behaviour doesn’t creep into mixed doubles:yikes:

Mixed double rugby sounds interesting

Bobby Dandruff
08-03-20, 15:02
Sexual assault?

Murray Kinsella (@Murray_Kinsella) Tweeted:
Joe Marler on Alun Wyn Jones... https://t.co/YHxoKCkNOf https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/1236335370402398212?s=20

Just high jinx.

They’ll be drinking pints of each other’s urine later so it will all be fine.