PDA

View Full Version : Keeping fit at home

SLUDGE FACTORY
12-03-20, 07:58
I have to care for my elderly mother whose health is failing , she gets very ill with urine infections and needs a lot of care

I dont have the time or opportunity to join a gym , go swimming or go jogging , play squash , 5 a side etc

Cardio wise I a restricted to a brisk walk when the care workers are there to give me a break

Apart from buying an indoor bike that's all I can do

I have some dumbbells and a weighted bar

What sort of stuff can I do at home ?

I was thinking of a basic workout of squats , press ups , abdominal curls , shoulder press with dumbells , biceps curls , side lateral raises , upright rows for the trapezius, then repeat

Times 3

How does that sound

Grateful for any advice from people who are into training , it's for my mind as well as my body

CHEERS FOLKS

Penywaun gentrified
12-03-20, 09:24
Office based staff are always encouraged to use the stairs every hour or so, you could come up with some reps taking stairs 2/3 at a time etc. ? I'm assuming it's not a bungalow.

SLUDGE FACTORY
12-03-20, 10:39
Office based staff are always encouraged to use the stairs every hour or so, you could come up with some reps taking stairs 2/3 at a time etc. ? I'm assuming it's not a bungalow.

Cheers mate , stairs are not an option , she has a stair lift installed as she is prone to falls

Just been out for a walk , in the hail stones

I have fished a pond up by you , penywaun pool, some nice fish in there

Penywaun gentrified
12-03-20, 13:07
Must have built that since I left in the 80's!