PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think China are providing false reports?

chris lee
22-03-20, 23:00
Can not get my head around the fact, that a country with a population of 1 billion people living in close proximity of which 125 million are over the age of 65.

who are the epicenter, meaning it had a massive jump on them to spread for potentially weeks before them knowing it even existed.

plus not the greatest healthcare system in the world, and with no forewarning. but have reported less deaths than Italy..

an average of 7 million deaths or 20,000 a day are recorded every year in china anyway, how can you possibly keep track of who is dying of covid-19 or not with that many people dying every day anyway.

Harry Paget Flashman
22-03-20, 23:06
Can't die of Coronavirus if the state kills you first.

delmbox
22-03-20, 23:38
Can not get my head around the fact, that a country with a population of 1 billion people living in close proximity of which 125 million are over the age of 65.

who are the epicenter, meaning it had a massive jump on them to spread for potentially weeks before them knowing it even existed.

plus not the greatest healthcare system in the world, and with no forewarning. but have reported less deaths than Italy..

an average of 7 million deaths or 20,000 a day are recorded every year in china anyway, how can you possibly keep track of who is dying of covid-19 or not with that many people dying every day anyway.

When the lockdown though, they l.o.c.k.d.o.w.n

NYCBlue
22-03-20, 23:44
When the lockdown though, they l.o.c.k.d.o.w.n

This.

They quarantined entire cities, No one in no one out.

bluesince 52
23-03-20, 00:42
does anybody believe that from thousands a day to none a day is possible.i honestly think they are covering everything.yet fellaini a foreigner just happens to be one that's caught the virus.come china lets hear the truth, the world needs to know the truth

Baker
23-03-20, 02:53
8.1m users of China Mobile have disappeared off the network within the last month.

EIGHT POINT ONE MILLION

Unless they've all randomly chosen to go to a different network (nope) something strange is going on in China and they're covering it up.

Croesy Blue
23-03-20, 05:36
8.1m users of China Mobile have disappeared off the network within the last month.

EIGHT POINT ONE MILLION

Unless they've all randomly chosen to go to a different network (nope) something strange is going on in China and they're covering it up.

Where is the source for that?

I believe people go “missing” in China a lot but 8.1 million seems ridiculous.

splott parker
23-03-20, 06:30
Rock Flock of Five has said on here that the situation has eased in his area. I’m sure he’s not part of great China cover up.

GL1Blue
23-03-20, 07:47
they didn't exactly report it all promptly at the start, I wouldn't believe a word.

lardy
23-03-20, 07:58
Where is the source for that?

I believe people go “missing” in China a lot but 8.1 million seems ridiculous.

I found this.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Latest figures released by China Mobile show that they have lost 8.116 million users in Jan and Feb. Where are these users now? Switched to other carriers? Or, they couldn&#39;t carry their phone to the nether world? <br>Chinese report at: <a href="https://t.co/lxw5FFYzoP">https://t.co/lxw5FFYzoP</a><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CCPVirus?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#CCPVirus</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/COVID2019?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#COVID2019</a> <a href="https://t.co/8sRV4lmDCv">pic.twitter.com/8sRV4lmDCv</a></p>&mdash; Jennifer Zeng 曾錚 (@jenniferatntd) <a href="https://twitter.com/jenniferatntd/status/1241025420562178050?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 20, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bloomberg has this.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-23/china-s-mobile-carriers-lose-15-million-users-as-virus-bites

Says that it can be accounted for by migrant workers who live and work in different regions having a home and work phone, with some cancelling the work phone. I read that 100 million travel over Chinese new year, so it's not unreasonable to think that most of those are workers in different regions and a good number have had work problems.

light up the darkness
23-03-20, 08:00
The China virus (following Trumps pronouncement) or should I refer to another China virus.
Seems like the rest of the world gets caught up in a contagious virus that stems from there every 2-3 years.
Should China be quarantined and all people who enter or leave be subject to special health checks.

Croesy Blue
23-03-20, 08:06
The China virus (following Trumps pronouncement) or should I refer to another China virus.
Seems like the rest of the world gets caught up in a contagious virus that stems from there every 2-3 years.
Should China be quarantined and all people who enter or leave be subject to special health checks.

They just should make wet markets illegal, they did for a while after the last virus but they crept back in.

the other bob wilson
23-03-20, 08:28
Rock Flock of Five has said on here that the situation has eased in his area. I’m sure he’s not part of great China cover up.

That's much too mundane though - there has to be a conspiracy. For myself, I wonder about the tiny numbers of daily new cases announced by China, but I don't see how anyone can deny that the situation there has got better - I don't see how stories like this would be accepted in the west if there was no truth to them at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/23/wuhan-eases-coronavirus-lockdown-as-restrictions-intensify-outside-china

bobh
23-03-20, 09:30
Meanwhile, North Korea say they have no cases whatsoever of the virus.

the other bob wilson
23-03-20, 09:37
An optimistic view from someone who has also been in China;-

https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE/Israeli-nobel-laureate-Coronavirus-spread-is-slowing-621145

delmbox
23-03-20, 10:54
They've also just sent 300 doctors to Italy to help, which would be an unusual move for a country still in the grip of a medical crisis.

(That's not to say that everything we hear out of there is true of course)

xsnaggle
23-03-20, 10:59
An interesting take on the numbers involved. Take from it what you will!

https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE/Israeli-nobel-laureate-Coronavirus-spread-is-slowing-621145

Rock_Flock_of_Five
23-03-20, 11:02
I posted my recent observations, along with some images, in the 'Coronavirus Update' thread a few days ago.

Today, I went into the city centre once again. I would say that all businesses are now open, except for a noticeable few who perhaps didn't have the cash-flow to survive the lockdown period. I can't be sure exactly, they mostly appear to be small lock-up garage size businesses, that are often poorly financed anyway.

Today was very warm and a bit humid, not great for wearing a mask to be honest, it felt uncomfortable. So with that in mind I noticed there were quite a few people walking around in open spaces without masks. I'd guess the number of people who WERE wearing masks today in open spaces was about 90%, a noticeable drop.
However, it is still 100% wearing masks once you enter a public building. You have no choice on this, you simply cannot enter without one, unless you want a standoff with a security guard.
The restrictions on sitting just one person to a table have gone in the cafes, and restaurants are allowing you to sit down and eat inside now.

Of course, I'm not privy to any figures, so I cannot comment. But there IS a very noticeable relaxation and the whole place looks a lot busier. Perhaps equally important is the fact that I don't know anyone here who has suffered from the virus or heard through other people of anyone who has.

It's even getting dangerous to cross the road again....

Croesy Blue
23-03-20, 11:08
An interesting take on the numbers involved. Take from it what you will!

He said most people are naturally immune, and that since the infection rate in China is slowing down, "the end of the pandemic is near."

That's not true though is it

xsnaggle
23-03-20, 11:09
That's not true though is it

Who know? Do you?

Croesy Blue
23-03-20, 11:10
Who know? Do you?

Yes

goats
23-03-20, 12:05
I posted my recent observations, along with some images, in the 'Coronavirus Update' thread a few days ago.

Today, I went into the city centre once again. I would say that all businesses are now open, except for a noticeable few who perhaps didn't have the cash-flow to survive the lockdown period. I can't be sure exactly, they mostly appear to be small lock-up garage size businesses, that are often poorly financed anyway.

Today was very warm and a bit humid, not great for wearing a mask to be honest, it felt uncomfortable. So with that in mind I noticed there were quite a few people walking around in open spaces without masks. I'd guess the number of people who WERE wearing masks today in open spaces was about 90%, a noticeable drop.
However, it is still 100% wearing masks once you enter a public building. You have no choice on this, you simply cannot enter without one, unless you want a standoff with a security guard.
The restrictions on sitting just one person to a table have gone in the cafes, and restaurants are allowing you to sit down and eat inside now.

Of course, I'm not privy to any figures, so I cannot comment. But there IS a very noticeable relaxation and the whole place looks a lot busier. Perhaps equally important is the fact that I don't know anyone here who has suffered from the virus or heard through other people of anyone who has.

That’s good news. You never had total lockdown where you are anyway did you? You could still go out shopping and stuff?
Real opinions like this is what we people need to hear.��

Rock_Flock_of_Five
23-03-20, 12:26
Not total lockdown, as in some of the cities. It was more self-imposed really, there was almost nothing to go outside for in the evenings anyway.
In fact, only supermarkets and McDonald's takeaways. I just got on my e-bike and went for a short ride quite often, just to get out of the apartment.

Croesy Blue
23-03-20, 12:43
Not total lockdown, as in some of the cities. It was more self-imposed really, there was almost nothing to go outside for in the evenings anyway.
In fact, only supermarkets and McDonald's takeaways. I just got on my e-bike and went for a short ride quite often, just to get out of the apartment.

You've really integrated yourself with the locals having an e-bike! They seem to be everywhere there!

the other bob wilson
23-03-20, 12:49
Yes

Would you be able to elaborate on that? There's been a story posted on here today from the same paper saying that they are not treating 60 plus year olds with respirators any more in Italy (although it doesn't make clear whether this is a widespread thing or just localised). As a sixty four year old, I'm looking for things to counter that and there are tangible signs for hope out there which need to be highlighted for a sense of balance. With this race still having a long way to run, I don't see why the more optimistic predictions stand less of a chance of being right than the doom laden ones.

Rock_Flock_of_Five
23-03-20, 12:59
You've really integrated yourself with the locals having an e-bike! They seem to be everywhere there!

Haha... I have had an e-bike almost since I first moved there (more than 13 years ago). I had a car too, but the traffic congestion was just so bad and finding a place to park near impossible, I gave up on driving.

goats
23-03-20, 13:08

It’s mainly self imposed here now too bar a load of clowns who went to Barry beach etc....

Taunton Blue Genie
23-03-20, 13:29

Your bulletins make very interesting reading, Herr Flock.

Rock_Flock_of_Five
23-03-20, 13:42
Your bulletins make very interesting reading, Herr Flock.

Thank you. I try to give as honest an appraisal of the situation here as I can. That comes from my own observations and not what I read or hear from any media (I can't read Chinese characters anyway!).

Taunton Blue Genie
23-03-20, 13:53
Thank you. I try to give as honest an appraisal of the situation here as I can. That comes from my own observations and not what I read or hear from any media (I can't read Chinese characters anyway!).

What do you do for a living over there?And is not being able to read Chinese characters a considerable drawback? And do you speak Mandarin at all? I'm fascinated - especially as you have been there so long.

Rock_Flock_of_Five
23-03-20, 14:12
What do you do for a living over there?And is not being able to read Chinese characters a considerable drawback? And do you speak Mandarin at all? I'm fascinated - especially as you have been there so long.

I have a share in a small hydrographic printing company, it only employs 4 people, however, it helps keep the wolf from the door.
Not knowing Chinese characters isn't that big a handicap, I know how to read pinyin (romanised phonetics) and that is used quite a bit here.
I can speak enough Mandarin to get by, but not to have a loaded conversation with anyone.
The problem is that they speak with a local dialect here, which is quite different from standard Mandarin.

Taunton Blue Genie
23-03-20, 14:24
I have a share in a small hydrographic printing company, it only employs 4 people, however, it helps keep the wolf from the door.
Not knowing Chinese characters isn't that big a handicap, I know how to read pinyin (romanised phonetics) and that is used quite a bit here.
I can speak enough Mandarin to get by, but not to have a loaded conversation with anyone.
The problem is that they speak with a local dialect here, which is quite different from standard Mandarin.

Interesting responses but what exactly is a hydrographic printing company? I work in the world of hydrography myself.

splott parker
23-03-20, 14:58
I’m imagining Rock Flock in his apartment with a government official pushing bamboo down his fingernails instructing him to tell the Cardiff City Messageboard that everything is getting better!!!!

delmbox
23-03-20, 15:11
I’m imagining Rock Flock in his apartment with a government official pushing bamboo down his fingernails instructing him to tell the Cardiff City Messageboard that everything is getting better!!!!

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Tuerto
23-03-20, 15:22

I didn't think that you were into that shit.

dandywarhol
23-03-20, 17:27
God know whats happening in north korea.I dread to think,

the other bob wilson
23-03-20, 17:34

https://time.com/5794280/north-korea-coronavirus/

life on mars
23-03-20, 19:22
Never trust this regime .

Least we forget ,see link below of a dreadful moment in time, certainly put an end to future protest , to this day no one really knows ho many died , how could you believe them now ?????

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/may/31/tiananmen-square-anniversary-what-sparked-the-protests-in-china-in-1989

Feel for the decent people living under such an awful regime .

Look how they treated that poor doctor who broke the story and who is sadly now dead.

Leopard never changes its spots, we will never know the truth in a country that strangles the right of speech ,liberty and freedom .

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/11/coronavirus-wuhan-doctor-ai-fen-speaks-out-against-authorities

life on mars
23-03-20, 19:23
https://time.com/5794280/north-korea-coronavirus/

One word (evil )

Harry Paget Flashman
23-03-20, 20:50

the other bob wilson
24-03-20, 05:19
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/23/life-after-lockdown-has-china-really-beaten-coronavirus

Rock_Flock_of_Five
24-03-20, 07:11

:hehe::hehe: