PDA

View Full Version : Easing of restrictions tomorrow?

goats
28-05-20, 05:40
Let’s have a guess, what will Drakeford and co give us? :sherlock:

A Quiet Monkfish
28-05-20, 06:40

Very little I suspect. Wales playing the 'only adult in the playground' role..

IanD
28-05-20, 06:51
Hopefully, house sales to resume. Exercise as much as you like. Go to the beach. Climb a mountain or two. Back to work, with restrictions.

Fine Lines
28-05-20, 06:54
Hopefully, house sales to resume. Exercise as much as you like. Go to the beach. Climb a mountain or two. Back to work, with restrictions.

That will do me. Need to sell my house ASAP.

Jordi Culé
28-05-20, 06:56

I’m really hoping Drakeford & co see sense and allow us all to recommence our naked games of a Twister. I’m missing the neighbours.

CCFCC3PO
28-05-20, 06:58

I think that sounds most likely. I am also interested in what advice they give the vulnerable who have been locked down for 12 weeks.

goats
28-05-20, 10:26

Sounds good but sounds way to positive for Wales.....

goats
28-05-20, 10:27
I think that sounds most likely. I am also interested in what advice they give the vulnerable who have been locked down for 12 weeks.

See you in 12 months is the advice there

Heisenberg
28-05-20, 10:42

I'm terrible at maths (yep, even basic maths) so please correct me if I'm wrong... But hasn't it only been 9 weeks so far? If it has, then I imagine the advice would be to shield for another 3 weeks until the initial guidance has been met. Seems the most common sense approach to me.

goats
28-05-20, 10:51
I'm terrible at maths (yep, even basic maths) so please correct me if I'm wrong... But hasn't it only been 9 weeks so far? If it has, then I imagine the advice would be to shield for another 3 weeks until the initial guidance has been met. Seems the most common sense approach to me.

Quite a few oldies I know, parents in law etc...started before the schools broke up as they were concerned. 11 weeks it will be for them this weekend, they started 15 March. I can’t believe you are terrible at something mind....:sherlock::biggrin:

Heisenberg
28-05-20, 10:55
Quite a few oldies I know, parents in law etc...started before the schools broke up as they were concerned. 11 weeks it will be for them this weekend, they started 15 March. I can’t believe you are terrible at something mind....:sherlock::biggrin:

They voluntarily decided to shield then. They clearly did the right thing.

Your mate Boris and his chums have said this though: "the Government is currently advising people to shield until 30 June 2020 and is regularly monitoring this position."

That still stands according to .Gov

The Welsh guidance states "people who have a serious underlying health condition to stay at home until at least 15 June 2020"

Any remarks about that, goats?

Doesn't quite fit your agenda does it :biggrin:

Malckent
28-05-20, 11:04

No lockdown existed in the area of Barry that I live in, everything has carried on as normal. Many people gathered in gardens, not from the same house, a few parties have been thrown. My wife and I have stuck to it and ain't seen the grandkids in ten weeks. Even if one of you have flouted the law that led to someone's demise I hope you feel very happy with yourself.

CCFCC3PO
28-05-20, 11:06
See you in 12 months is the advice there

I haven't seen that advice published anywhere, have you?

CCFCC3PO
28-05-20, 11:07

Yes, that seems about right actually. I think this is our 10th week of lockdown (so last batch of 3 weeks). I'm just wondering if we will get an indication of what happens beyond that - or if there is any data that suggests vulnerable people should extend their actions beyond these last 3 weeks.

goats
28-05-20, 11:18
They voluntarily decided to shield then. They clearly did the right thing.

Your mate Boris and his chums have said this though: "the Government is currently advising people to shield until 30 June 2020 and is regularly monitoring this position."

That still stands according to .Gov

The Welsh guidance states "people who have a serious underlying health condition to stay at home until at least 15 June 2020"

Any remarks about that, goats?

Doesn't quite fit your agenda does it :biggrin:

I think they will have to shield until either the virus disappears or a vaccine is found. Prob the latter, so no going out for a year maybe.
Not sure what my agenda is with regard to that? My mum is 87 in assisted living complex and father in law in 72 with COPD. Both high risk.
Don’t want to piss on your chips but I’ve never voted Tory in my life, I swing down the middle and always have. Didn’t even vote last time I loath politics as you can probably tell. All the lefties I know tend to be the still living at home with mummy types mid 40’s, no kids, never had a proper job, have no time for their opinions to be honest. And the Tories I know just tend to be selfish twaaaaats. Which one are you?

The Bloop
28-05-20, 11:20
Yes, that seems about right actually. I think this is our 10th week of lockdown (so last batch of 3 weeks). I'm just wondering if we will get an indication of what happens beyond that - or if there is any data that suggests vulnerable people should extend their actions beyond these last 3 weeks.

The 12 week isolation letters sent to the vulnerable were dated 23 March, which takes us up to 15 June. I'm in no rush myself to join the masses after this date, so will continue as I have done since the start ( I started myself a week before on 16 March). Whether any separate guidance will be issued we'll have to wait and see.

Heisenberg
28-05-20, 11:21
I think they will have to shield until either the virus disappears or a vaccine is found. Prob the latter, so no going out for a year maybe.
Not sure what my agenda is with regard to that? My mum is 87 in assisted living complex and father in law in 72 with COPD. Both high risk.
Don’t want to piss on your chips but I’ve never voted Tory in my life, I swing down the middle and always have. Didn’t even vote last time I loath politics as you can probably tell. All the lefties I know tend to be the still living at home with mummy types mid 40’s, no kids, never had a proper job, have no time for their opinions to be honest. And the Tories I know just tend to be selfish twaaaaats. Which one are you?

Your continued bashing of the Welsh Govt. for everything that you perceive they are doing worse than the UK Govt. even though you can't back it up - that agenda.

I must be a Tory if that's the only criteria you're posing :hehe:

Elwood Blues
28-05-20, 12:02
The 12 week isolation letters sent to the vulnerable were dated 23 March, which takes us up to 15 June. I'm in no rush myself to join the masses after this date, so will continue as I have done since the start ( I started myself a week before on 16 March). Whether any separate guidance will be issued we'll have to wait and see.

We are being shielded.

Speaking to my wife's carers the vibes they are getting from the care agency is that shielding will go on after June 15th.

Don't know whether this is just conjecture on their part or whether they have actually heard anything.

Wouldn't be at all surprised though.

delmbox
28-05-20, 12:29
Didn’t even vote last time

To be honest, and this is just my opinion, if you don't vote you shouldn't get to preach about politics

IanD
28-05-20, 12:39
That will do me. Need to sell my house ASAP.
Ditto but it's my dad's house.

goats
28-05-20, 13:08
No lockdown existed in the area of Barry that I live in, everything has carried on as normal. Many people gathered in gardens, not from the same house, a few parties have been thrown. My wife and I have stuck to it and ain't seen the grandkids in ten weeks. Even if one of you have flouted the law that led to someone's demise I hope you feel very happy with yourself.

Yes my two kids haven’t really seen there grandparents in 10 weeks either......not nice for either

goats
28-05-20, 13:10
To be honest, and this is just my opinion, if you don't vote you shouldn't get to preach about politics

I agree and I tend not to get involved in it. It seems to bring the worst out of people and turns what is a decent mate into a cnut when he starts blabbering about politics....can’t be much more off putting in a person. Political opinion is a Bit like a haemorrhoid, we all have them but we don’t need to talk about them.

goats
28-05-20, 13:12
Your continued bashing of the Welsh Govt. for everything that you perceive they are doing worse than the UK Govt. even though you can't back it up - that agenda.

I must be a Tory if that's the only criteria you're posing :hehe:

You probably are, they are usually smug gits.....:hehe:
Are you talking about how abysmal the testing has been here? Doesn’t wales also have one of the worst % per pop of deaths? Drakefords done well your right:hehe:

Heisenberg
28-05-20, 13:28
You probably are, they are usually smug gits.....:hehe:
Are you talking about how abysmal the testing has been here? Doesn’t wales also have one of the worst % per pop of deaths? Drakefords done well your right:hehe:

Find one quote of me saying Drakeford has done well and I will register to join the Tory party and post the proof on here :hehe:

It's the fact that you've been criticising them for shit you clearly don't understand - like the shielding and what's happening with schools. Your argument is that schools need to open soon because your child needs to be back in education - that's just part of the issue. The fact that you were adamant that children can't even get Covid-19 hopefully explains why you were so upset at them not being open already.

I don't know if Wales has one of the worst percentage of deaths per capita, goats. I wouldn't have thought that they did but I'm terrible at maths, remember. If you have that evidence somewhere, please feel free to share it so I can be critical of how Drakeford's been managing that aspect of the situation to add to how shit the testing in Wales has been (which it has).

goats
28-05-20, 15:13
Find one quote of me saying Drakeford has done well and I will register to join the Tory party and post the proof on here :hehe:

It's the fact that you've been criticising them for shit you clearly don't understand - like the shielding and what's happening with schools. Your argument is that schools need to open soon because your child needs to be back in education - that's just part of the issue. The fact that you were adamant that children can't even get Covid-19 hopefully explains why you were so upset at them not being open already.

I don't know if Wales has one of the worst percentage of deaths per capita, goats. I wouldn't have thought that they did but I'm terrible at maths, remember. If you have that evidence somewhere, please feel free to share it so I can be critical of how Drakeford's been managing that aspect of the situation to add to how shit the testing in Wales has been (which it has).

It’s out there, you do the research and brush up on your maths whilst at it. The weather is too nice to waste on this nonsense.
Kids have been proven to have a very low chance of getting it as you well know, only 3 under 15’s have even died from it. 50 die in road traffic accidents in a similar time period so shall we not drive anywhere also? Life is full of risks. My kids won’t be going back until September when the school is ready, that does rely on cardiff city council and your buddy doing actual work so you never know might not happen. I love having my kids home, it’s the best time but I know kids need social interaction. I trust you have no kids?

Heisenberg
28-05-20, 15:38
It’s out there, you do the research and brush up on your maths whilst at it. The weather is too nice to waste on this nonsense.
Kids have been proven to have a very low chance of getting it as you well know, only 3 under 15’s have even died from it. 50 die in road traffic accidents in a similar time period so shall we not drive anywhere also? Life is full of risks. My kids won’t be going back until September when the school is ready, that does rely on cardiff city council and your buddy doing actual work so you never know might not happen. I love having my kids home, it’s the best time but I know kids need social interaction. I trust you have no kids?
You brought it up, I assumed you could back it up with evidence. You've wasted enough time on here chatting shit, I don't see how posting a link would take much more time.

You "trust" wrong, as usual :hehe: I've got a 4 year old girl who is meant to be starting school in September. This is a crucial time for her to pick up things in nursery (especially that social interaction thing that you mentioned) before heading to a more educationally-focussed setting... so I'm obviously anxious and worried about her education, just like every other parent is at this time.

The key thing that I've considered it that all of the kids her age will be in the same boat as each other. Rushing them back before the correct precautions are in place would be dangerous for them and the staff.

Slagging off Welsh Govt. and Cardiff Council for wanting to make sure it's safe and practical for them to return makes no sense to me. But it's up to you how you perceive it.

"Kids have been proven to have a very low chance of getting it as you well know, only 3 under 15’s have even died from it". They have a low mortality rate, yes... But we don't fully know how many kids have had Covid and the impact that it's had. Bit rich of you to tell me what I know... but I'm just glad you can now admit that kids can get Covid instead of categorically stating that they can't.

We can continue this petty disagreement if you want to keep pretending that you've got me sussed about my politics and about my views on Mark Drakeford (whom I've criticised several times... Including in this thread) and I'll keep coming back at you in kind... Or we can leave it here like adults?

I'm half responsible for the pettiness between us and I can be very petty on here... But I can also put the spats behind me (if your name isn't Wales Bales).

It's up to you what you want to do.

CCFCC3PO
28-05-20, 15:44
only 3 under 15’s have even died from it.

Only hey?

blue matt
28-05-20, 16:07

my oldest can go back to school on monday, she is in year 12, they are splitting the year into 2 groups, 1 group monday and tuesday , wednesday to deep clean the school and then group 2 thursday and friday

we are still discussing it at the mo

goats
28-05-20, 16:29
Only hey?

Yes unfortunately people, even kids, have been known to die in this world before covid19. Shocking I know. Pull down the shutters hey and see you in five years

CCFCC3PO
28-05-20, 16:30
Yes unfortunately people, even kids, have been known to die in this world before covid19. Shocking I know. Pull down the shutters hey and see you in five years

A great way to divert from the description of 3 under 15s dying as "only". I guess you knew none of these kids so they are but mere numbers to score political points for you.

goats
28-05-20, 16:31
my oldest can go back to school on monday, she is in year 12, they are splitting the year into 2 groups, 1 group monday and tuesday , wednesday to deep clean the school and then group 2 thursday and friday

we are still discussing it at the mo

Are you happy for them to go back Matt? I think I would, my six year old probably doesn’t need to until sept, 8 year old could prob do with a few days in.....it won’t happen here in Wales though.

goats
28-05-20, 16:31
A great way to divert from the description of 3 under 15s dying as "only". I guess you knew none of these kids so they are but mere numbers to score political points for you.

Don’t be a dickkk everyday of your pointless existence

CCFCC3PO
28-05-20, 16:32
Are you happy for them to go back Matt? I think I would, my six year old probably doesn’t need to until sept, 8 year old could prob do with a few days in.....it won’t happen here in Wales though.

What won't happen in Wales?

CCFCC3PO
28-05-20, 16:33
Don’t be a dickkk everyday of your pointless existence

Hey, I don't go around saying ONLY 3 kids have died of this virus as if that is some mark of success.

goats
28-05-20, 16:36
Hey, I don't go around saying ONLY 3 kids have died of this virus as if that is some mark of success.

You talk shiiiit all the time, who were you on here before your latest guise? Another new username coz you are a weirdo. You know what I meant, I’m describing a low number. Three isn’t good but it’s very low compared to those over 75 u freak

A Quiet Monkfish
28-05-20, 16:47
Yes my two kids haven’t really seen there grandparents in 10 weeks either......not nice for either

Anyone been to the supermarket ? You're probably 100x more likely to get CV19 in Tesco compared with sitting in the garden talking to your children/grandchildren whilst keeping 2m apart.
Then again, rules are rules, and the people must obey..

Heisenberg
28-05-20, 16:56
Anyone been to the supermarket ? You're probably 100x more likely to get CV19 in Tesco compared with sitting in the garden talking to your children/grandchildren whilst keeping 2m apart.
Then again, rules are rules, and the people must obey..

Yeah, but you can't eat your kids so I guess we need the supermarkets to be open so we don't feckin starve.

Scotland are announcing an easing of their rules tomorrow, allowing people to meet those from other households outside. Wales and Scotland seem to be on a similar page on Covid so I would expect to see something similar in Wales.

Dorcus
28-05-20, 17:11
Thank God we live in Wales I say, with sensible governance. I'm hoping the lockdown continues; let's not give this twat of a virus a second chance through stupidity and impatience

blue matt
28-05-20, 17:55

we are still not sure, as 17yr olds they should understand social distancing and she has been out with her boyfriend a few times and they have walked 2m away from each other, they have sat on our front lawn and sat apart ( more likely 5 M apart to be fair ) she has had a few picnics with her friends ( with social distancing of course, each stuck to there own picnic blanket )

She has been working hard at home ( unlike her sister who has struggled to get motivated for school work ) and her course is mainly assignment based, she has handed in 2 during lockdown and got her Distinctions so she doesnt need to go in for the educational side of things

the school has gone rather quiet in the last few days, so not sure whats going down with it all

honestly we dont have a clue , just watching BoJo's briefing, secondary schools will be june the 15th, so another 2 weeks time to give us a bit more time to decide

Philo2
28-05-20, 18:11
I'm done with listening to the rules if they don't give us some sensible freedom from Monday. They will probably keep playing political games though.

Where I live there are packs of up to 30 blokes/boys (16-60) on bikes drinking and doing what they want. My neighbours are having parties on their balconies, most people are just doing as they please and I'm free to stand in line at B&Q if I want.

All I want to do is drive 15 minutes to the nearest deserted beach with my dog as I did every day before lockdown which now makes me public enemy number one.

Philo2
28-05-20, 19:03
just to add, my neighbors and their guests and their guests children are now outside together doing the clap thing 🤨

Tuerto
28-05-20, 19:04
just to add, my neighbors and their guests and their guests children are now outside together doing the clap thing ��

Buy an air rifle.

A Quiet Monkfish
28-05-20, 19:44
I'm done with listening to the rules if they don't give us some sensible freedom from Monday. They will probably keep playing political games though.

Where I live there are packs of up to 30 blokes/boys (16-60) on bikes drinking and doing what they want. My neighbours are having parties on their balconies, most people are just doing as they please and I'm free to stand in line at B&Q if I want.

All I want to do is drive 15 minutes to the nearest deserted beach with my dog as I did every day before lockdown which now makes me public enemy number one.

The 'new normal' - government locks the people up whenever they consider it's in the public interest..

Eric the Half a Bee
28-05-20, 19:52
All the lefties I know tend to be the still living at home with mummy types mid 40’s, no kids, never had a proper job

Crikey. Virtually all of the lefties I know are teachers, lecturers, NHS workers, even well off people with their own businesses.

Most of the right wing people I know are those of lesser intelligence who won't even acknowledge anything factual and prefer their own opinions, regardless of how wrong they are. Most of them have no idea about the economy.

Fine Lines
28-05-20, 20:13
What time are we likely to hear something ?

J R Hartley
28-05-20, 20:17
Crikey. Virtually all of the lefties I know are teachers, lecturers, NHS workers, even well off people with their own businesses.

Most of the right wing people I know are those of lesser intelligence who won't even acknowledge anything factual and prefer their own opinions, regardless of how wrong they are. Most of them have no idea about the economy.

Leftie business owners? Yeah righto

xsnaggle
28-05-20, 20:51
What I don't get is that seeing how much of the last 3 months that the children have been off school, why can't when the go back, stay in school through august or part of it?
I recall reading somewhere that it was suggested but that the teachers unions veto'd it, something to do with teachers holidays or something but I cannot believe that.
so why can't they be in school through august and catch up, specially the poor buggers who have exams next year,

J R Hartley
28-05-20, 20:54
What I don't get is that seeing how much of the last 3 months that the children have been off school, why can't when the go back, stay in school through august or part of it?
I recall reading somewhere that it was suggested but that the teachers unions veto'd it, something to do with teachers holidays or something but I cannot believe that.
so why can't they be in school through august and catch up, specially the poor buggers who have exams next year,
Because they’ve been locked in for 11 weeks and counting.

Poor ****ers are going stir crazy, especially the ones observing the restrictions.

And now you want to take their six weeks holidays off them?

I assume you haven’t got young children?

Eric the Half a Bee
28-05-20, 20:56
Leftie business owners? Yeah righto

Surprisingly so. It seems like a given that those who chase money and profits must be on the political right but that's not entirely true. There are bosses out there who look after their staff and value their product before huge wads of cash. There are bosses who have no issue with paying taxes and contributing to society in that way.

CCFCC3PO
28-05-20, 20:58

They haven't been off school. Most have been learning at home. I know my nephew has been studying hard through this and is practically studying 8 hours a day Mon- Fri.

Eric the Half a Bee
28-05-20, 21:00

Most of what has been written about teaching unions has been bollocks to pursue a political agenda. The Daily Heil has been particularly awful in this regard. Teaching union asks that things are as safe as possible for teaching staff before returning. Daily Mail suggests that's a dreadful thing and unions are to blame for schools not opening.

xsnaggle
28-05-20, 21:00

Poor ****ers are going stir crazy, especially the ones observing the restrictions.

I'm not sure if this is a wooosh ot not lol.

I don't think the kids would mind being in school with all their mates but I just don't understand why it cannot be done.

CCFCC3PO
28-05-20, 21:01

Exactly.

Also, it's hardly as if teachers have been sat around doing sod all as well. They have been working with kids remotely, especially kids doing GCSEs and A Levels.

I bet all these people on furlough will be taking their full leave entitlement. In fact, in our place they have allowed furloughed staff to carry forward leave into next year as well, unrestricted. Oddly, I was refused a day off for tomorrow because there is too much work on.

Harry Paget Flashman
28-05-20, 21:01

My wife is a teacher and has worked every day throughout lockdown.

She'd scratch your eyes out if she was asked to work through the summer holiday.

CCFCC3PO
28-05-20, 21:02

I don't think the kids would mind being in school with all their mates but I just don't understand why it cannot be done.

Because the kids need a break. They need holiday time with parents.

xsnaggle
28-05-20, 21:02

She'd scratch your eyes out if she was asked to work through the summer holiday.

got my answer then. Thanks. :-)

CCFCC3PO
28-05-20, 21:03

I wouldn't mind betting that she has been working harder than usual too.

I love all these experts who usually harp on about "teachers holidays". It's usually envy because they weren't quite clever enough to be teachers, and had to end up being something mundane like a logistics manager instead.

Eric the Half a Bee
28-05-20, 21:04
They haven't been off school. Most have been learning at home. I know my nephew has been studying hard through this and is practically studying 8 hours a day Mon- Fri.

I'd forgotten about that. My son's school has been busy every day during the lockdown supplying work, marking and answering parent queries etc.

Funny how some people think of schools as a place to dump their kids, as some glorified child minding service with some learning thrown in.

xsnaggle
28-05-20, 21:08
I wouldn't mind betting that she has been working harder than usual too.

I love all these experts who usually harp on about "teachers holidays". It's usually envy because they weren't quite clever enough to be teachers, and had to end up being something mundane like a logistics manager instead.

you really are a sad bastard aren't you. you do make me laugh!!!! :hehe: I spotted someone else suggested it's time you got another new user name. how many have to ask each time before you do it? lol
don't bother answering, I'm not interested really.

CCFCC3PO
28-05-20, 21:09
I'd forgotten about that. My son's school has been busy every day during the lockdown supplying work, marking and answering parent queries etc.

Funny how some people think of schools as a place to dump their kids, as some glorified child minding service with some learning thrown in.

Yeah, or teachers are lazy so-and-sos because of all the holidays they get.

I know teachers who stay for hours after school helping kids out, weekend work, lesson plans throughout the year, start it all again for the next year.

CCFCC3PO
28-05-20, 21:12
you really are a sad bastard aren't you. you do make me laugh!!!! :hehe: I spotted someone else suggested it's time you got another new user name. how many have to ask each time before you do it? lol
don't bother answering, I'm not interested really.

What the heck are you on about now?

J R Hartley
28-05-20, 21:15

A woosh? This is the 21st century the kids are getting lessons online. It’s not the same as being in school but it’s not the six weeks holidays either.

I’m sure they would rather be out playing with their friends or in school with their friends than stuck at home but neither is possible at the moment.

My youngest daughter is going to comp this year and will miss all her transition days. My eldest is in the middle of doing her GCSEs. Trust me, it’s no picnic for either of them.

I’d like to see you stay in for 3 months when you were their age.

xsnaggle
28-05-20, 21:22
[QUOTE=J R Hartley;5081400]A woosh? This is the 21st century the kids are getting lessons online. It’s not the same as being in school but it’s not the six weeks holidays either.

I’m sure they would rather be out playing with their friends or in school with their friends than stuck at home but neither is possible at the moment.

My youngest daughter is going to comp this year and will miss all her transition days. My eldest is in the middle of doing her GCSEs. Trust me, it’s no picnic for either of them.

I’d like to see you stay in for 3 months when you were their age.[/QUOTE

I think we're on the same page,
I was suggesting they should go to school for exactly the reasons you state, it is others, such as unions that seem to think its not possible.
But see the replies by others above.

J R Hartley
28-05-20, 21:45
No Snaggles, we are not on the same page. You are suggesting the kids give up their six weeks holidays. I say by the time August comes they need their time off for their sanity.

People who have worked through this period, such as myself, will also be looking forward to a week or two off in August with the kids.

Tuerto
28-05-20, 21:49
No Snaggles, we are not on the same page. You are suggesting the kids give up their six weeks holidays. I say by the time August comes they need their time off for their sanity.

People who have worked through this period, such as myself, will also be looking forward to a week or two off in August with the kids.

:thumbup:

Eric the Half a Bee
28-05-20, 22:00
Yeah, or teachers are lazy so-and-sos because of all the holidays they get.

I know teachers who stay for hours after school helping kids out, weekend work, lesson plans throughout the year, start it all again for the next year.

Those are the ones, yes.

xsnaggle
28-05-20, 22:01

OK

CCFCC3PO
28-05-20, 22:07

Hope you get to have a good break mate.

Also wish the same for those teachers who are looking after kids of care workers, nurses, docs and other essential workers.
And to teachers who are working through this too.

Eric the Half a Bee
28-05-20, 22:17
[QUOTE=J R Hartley;5081400]A woosh? This is the 21st century the kids are getting lessons online. It’s not the same as being in school but it’s not the six weeks holidays either.

I’d like to see you stay in for 3 months when you were their age.[/QUOTE

I think we're on the same page,
I was suggesting they should go to school for exactly the reasons you state, it is others, such as unions that seem to think its not possible.
But see the replies by others above.

Once again you blame unions with nothing other than bollocks from the right wing media to base your opinions on. Strange as you don't seem to listen to opinions if they disagree with yours.

Asking kids to remain in school for 3 months is utterly ridiculous. I've got a 7 year old. He won't work when he knows there is school holidays.

You clearly have never taught or you'd know that 3 months solid in a classroom is hardly feasible.

Once again, are you looking at education or just somewhere for parents to dump their kids so they can work?

xsnaggle
28-05-20, 22:35
[QUOTE=xsnaggle;5081403]

Once again you blame unions with nothing other than bollocks from the right wing media to base your opinions on. Strange as you don't seem to listen to opinions if they disagree with yours.

Asking kids to remain in school for 3 months is utterly ridiculous. I've got a 7 year old. He won't work when he knows there is school holidays.

You clearly have never taught or you'd know that 3 months solid in a classroom is hardly feasible.

Once again, are you looking at education or just somewhere for parents to dump their kids so they can work?

What do you mean by "Again" And I'm not blaming the unions or anyone, i only said that I read somewhere that it isn't possible. I assume you read it too, if you know where it was printed, I can't remember. I don't read newspaper real or on line.
All I did was ask a question. I got the answer and accepted it. What do you feel the need to attack me, using phrases like bollocks form the right wing media. You seem to politicise everything. It gets really tedious and boring. Not everyone in this world sees everything through politically tainted spectacles like you seem to.

CCFCC3PO
28-05-20, 22:38
[QUOTE=Eric the Half a Bee;5081447]

What do you mean by "Again" And I'm not blaming the unions or anyone, i only said that I read somewhere that it isn't possible. I assume you read it too, if you know where it was printed, I can't remember. I don't read newspaper real or on line.
All I did was ask a question. I got the answer and accepted it. What do you feel the need to attack me, using phrases like bollocks form the right wing media. You seem to politicise everything. It gets really tedious and boring. Not everyone in this world sees everything through politically tainted spectacles like you seem to.

Christ! xsnaggle doesn't do irony, but if he did....

xsnaggle
28-05-20, 22:48
[QUOTE=xsnaggle;5081450]

Christ! xsnaggle doesn't do irony, but if he did....

Can't stop can you? time to leave.

Eric the Half a Bee
28-05-20, 22:56
[QUOTE=Eric the Half a Bee;5081447]

:hehe: Pot kettle black. Amazing.

blue matt
28-05-20, 23:02
my daughters school want to only have 4 weeks summer holiday, we had to vote on it last week

by all accounts our LEA have said they can if they want

i dont think you can beat face to face teaching, i know my daughters A level teachers set the work and left them to it, its mainly assignment based though, she has had 3 zoom lessons in all this time

CCFCC3PO
28-05-20, 23:14
Can't stop can you? time to leave.

Why do you take yourself so seriously? No-one else does.

Eric the Half a Bee
28-05-20, 23:30
my daughters school want to only have 4 weeks summer holiday, we had to vote on it last week

by all accounts our LEA have said they can if they want

i dont think you can beat face to face teaching, i know my daughters A level teachers set the work and left them to it, its mainly assignment based though, she has had 3 zoom lessons in all this time

Agreed, but it has to be safe as well.

xsnaggle
28-05-20, 23:39
[QUOTE=xsnaggle;5081450]

:hehe: Pot kettle black. Amazing.

But I'm not political, I think they're all wankers.

Croesy Blue
29-05-20, 02:51
I don't read newspaper real or on line.

:hehe:

A Quiet Monkfish
29-05-20, 07:26

100% job security. 100% wages. I can imagine several million of people who would envy the teachers..

lardy
29-05-20, 07:41
100% job security. 100% wages. I can imagine several million of people who would envy the teachers..

I can imagine several million people respect teachers a bit more for taking their kids off their hands five days a week.

CCFCC3PO
29-05-20, 08:26

Inspiring kids, pay freezes, abusive students, abusive parents, accusations of laziness, staying behind because parents didn't pick kids up, getting in early to give kids a breakfast, spending their own money to give kids a treat.

I was a teacher for 2 years, toughest job I ever did - but with the best colleagues you could ever wish for.

They deserve the 100% job security and wages. They are what drives this country forward.

Croesy Blue
29-05-20, 08:31

So what?

MacAdder
29-05-20, 09:01
Inspiring kids, pay freezes, abusive students, abusive parents, accusations of laziness, staying behind because parents didn't pick kids up, getting in early to give kids a breakfast, spending their own money to give kids a treat.

I was a teacher for 2 years, toughest job I ever did - but with the best colleagues you could ever wish for.

They deserve the 100% job security and wages. They are what drives this country forward.

Hear hear to all of that.
Teaching is a vocation and as for the security aspect, it is certainly earned.

BLUETIT
29-05-20, 09:39
What time are they letting Drakeford out of his care home, to make his speech ???

lardy
29-05-20, 09:44

Totally agree. Teachers are looked down upon for being too thick to do anything else. I've seen it on here many times. It's a tough job, and in some schools I'd call it an impossible job.

Croesy Blue
29-05-20, 10:25
Totally agree. Teachers are looked down upon for being too thick to do anything else. I've seen it on here many times. It's a tough job, and in some schools I'd call it an impossible job.
And not for enough money imo. Can only take set holidays, no sneaking off for a coffee if they’re feeling like a break, no quiet day doing admin if they’re feeling a bit off. One of those jobs I’d never do, nothing but respect for people who do it.

I always had an arrogant attitude towards teachers when I was younger, thought it was an easy route for the drop outs. But I’ve got a few friends who do it and it’s definitely harder work than you’d think.

A Quiet Monkfish
29-05-20, 10:44

Being a Wales-based message board I'm guessing 80% of those who post regularly on here are either not working or one way or the other employed by the The State. I've noticed there's no recognition on here of the unfolding financial situation that the rest of the working population are facing. Folk who work in the public sector tend to stay within their own 'bubble'. Understandable I suppose..

lardy
29-05-20, 10:52
Being a Wales-based message board I'm guessing 80% of those who post regularly on here are either not working or one way or the other employed by the The State. I've noticed there's no recognition on here of the unfolding financial situation that the rest of the working population are facing. Folk who work in the public sector tend to stay within their own 'bubble'. Understandable I suppose..

So what do you want teachers to do about all that? You sound as if it's their fault.

80% of those who post regularly are not working or "employed by The State"
No recognition of the unfolding financial situation that the working population are facing.

These two sentences don't seem to make sense. How can it not be recognised if many are going through it?

Croesy Blue
29-05-20, 10:55

**** me you post some bollocks. What has this got to do with teachers? :hehe:

Are you another "free thinker" who thinks they're the only one who's realised this is bad for the global economy?

goats
29-05-20, 11:14
What time are they letting Drakeford out of his care home, to make his speech ???

When you see the tumbleweeds rolling out of the civic centre you’ll know he’s about to begin something akin to a speech by Mandela or the like.....if you fall asleep it will be something like you can meet another person in a park........woooooosh......like no ones being seeing people they no in parks for the last 10 weeks........

Heisenberg
29-05-20, 12:10
The 5 mile "guideline" is an absolute joke - you wouldn't even be able to travel from Canton to St Mellons to visit family :facepalm:

I imagine nobody will be adhering to it anyway thanks to The Cummings Law.

Harry Paget Flashman
29-05-20, 12:15
When you see the tumbleweeds rolling out of the civic centre you’ll know he’s about to begin something akin to a speech by Mandela or the like.....if you fall asleep it will be something like you can meet another person in a park........woooooosh......like no ones being seeing people they no in parks for the last 10 weeks........

Some have but the majority of people haven’t been. ESP as parks have been closed.

I don’t vote Labour but Drakeford has been far more impressive imo than Johnson.

BLUETIT
29-05-20, 12:27
The 5 mile "guideline" is an absolute joke - you wouldn't even be able to travel from Canton to St Mellons to visit family :facepalm:

It’s 4 miles exactly, from my front door to the front door of the CANTON, perfect :hehe:

xsnaggle
29-05-20, 12:36
It’s 4 miles exactly, from my front door to the front door of the CANTON, perfect :hehe:

Only one snag with that, the canton's closed and the landolrd has gone to St Mellons to visit family :hehe:

Heisenberg
29-05-20, 12:59

Can't see any flaws in that logic :hehe:

goats
29-05-20, 13:05

I agree with you for once....I’m off to sit down and recover.....:hehe:

goats
29-05-20, 13:06
Some have but the majority of people haven’t been. ESP as parks have been closed.

I don’t vote Labour but Drakeford has been far more impressive imo than Johnson.

You cannot close many parks in Cardiff....

Heisenberg
29-05-20, 13:11
I agree with you for once....I’m off to sit down and recover.....:hehe:

I wonder if it's because I'm criticising Drakeford (again) :hehe:

goats
29-05-20, 15:40
I wonder if it's because I'm criticising Drakeford (again) :hehe:

Well I never....like long lost brothers:hehe: