PDA

View Full Version : Harris - A Poundland Neil Warnock

Bluebird23
27-07-20, 22:20
Absolute dross, no passion or desire whatsoever, it was embarrassing.

First 20 minutes apart, this was like a training game for Fulham who hardly had to get out of first gear, and deserved the win.

This was a Fulham side that struggled to get a point at Wigan last week, and were without the divisions top scorer.

How can we play such an important game at home, and after going one down, not even force the opposition keeper to make a save in the next 44 minutes? As soon as Fulham scored, their heads went down, there was no passion, fight or desire to make a game of it.

I don’t rate Harris at all, and I can’t understand some supporters or the media’s, love in with him.

I can’t respect a manager who described Ralls as a ‘Superstar’, and Glatzel ‘one of the best finishers I’ve ever worked with.’

Harris is no miracle worker, as he and some of the media try to paint him. Regardless of a couple of poor signings by Warnock, this was a squad easily good enough to make the Playoffs, in a poor quality division. Just look at our bench tonight, around £20 million of players, most of who would get in to other Championship starting sides.

If you want to see managers who’ve genuinely done fantastic jobs on limited resources in the Championship, look at Cooper at Swansea, and Rowatt at Millwall. Both have been exceptional.

Rowatt took a dire Millwall team that Harris left in a relegation fight, and transformed them to Playoff contenders, up to the last week.

Cooper saw Swansea sell their better players like McBurnie and James, a whole stack of injuries, but still took them in to the Playoffs. He had to stick a couple of young players on the bench, last night.

In the window Cooper added decent loan players who made an impact, in Gallagher and Brewster. Harris added err, Smith and Sanderson.

The local media rarely ask a challenging question. But I wish one of them has the balls to ask Harris why he picked such a negative side, and started Pack?

The improved form post break was based on Pack being dropped, and Vaulks replacing him. Since then Vaulks has been one of our better players, offering far more energy and attacking contribution around the pitch.

Pack is slow, one paced and offers nothing. He was playing deeper at times tonight, than Morrison.

He let Onomah walk around him for the opening goal, and offered nothing all game. Even worse, as terrible as he was, Harris left him on to play the whole game!

Personally, I’d like to never to see Glatzel and Pack, in a City shirt again.

A half decent centre forward would have had one, or even two goals in the first half.

Time and time again, we’ve seen that Glatzel isn’t physically strong enough at this level, and isn’t a decent finisher. We will never get our money back on him, when he leaves.

Throw in Harris’s cringeable Landaan barrow boy interviews and some of the crap he comes out with, and he makes me want to give my season ticket a miss next season.

One man to blame for that shite tonite, Neil Harris.

Eric the Half a Bee
27-07-20, 22:23
You've been silent on here for 4 and a half months, having visited only briefly to have a pop at Harris.

Now you turn up again.

Do yourself a favour and piss off before you are made to look as stupid as you are again.

Bobby Dandruff
27-07-20, 22:26
You've been silent on here for 4 and a half months, having visited only briefly to have a pop at Harris.

Now you turn up again.

Do yourself a favour and piss off before you are made to look as stupid as you are again.

But there is a fair bit of truth in what he says......

LeningradCowboy
27-07-20, 22:27
Yawn.

Pedro de la Rosa
27-07-20, 22:27

Is there bollocks.

Eric the Half a Bee
27-07-20, 22:28

Is there? I'd agree with his comments about Pack but the rest is horseshit, as normal from him.

Bobby Dandruff
27-07-20, 22:30
Is there? I'd agree with his comments about Pack but the rest is horseshit, as normal from him.

I think that there is. Quite a bit.

Pedro de la Rosa
27-07-20, 22:34
I think that there is. Quite a bit.

Harris got us into the playoffs, Rowett didn't.

Cooper has had a pre season, Harris didn't.

Harris has finished above Steve Cooper's side, which is full of loanees. They've got in because Brewster is amazing, and there is no way he'd come to a football team that plays the same way we do. If the Jacks don't go up, they've got a complete rebuild next season. I'd be amazed if they kept Ayew and Brewster.

We can't just start playing tiki take and be competitive, we've spent the last 3 seasons lumping it. Our fans boo when we pass it round the back as well. We aren't ever going to be that side.

It's absolute tripe that's been written on the back of a defeat because he's spent the last 4 months sulking because Harris has done a bloody good job with a pretty average hand.

Eric the Half a Bee
27-07-20, 22:35

Harris has finished above Steve Cooper's side, which is full of loanees. They've got in because Brewster is amazing, and there is no way he'd come to a football team that plays the same way we do.

We can't just start playing tiki take and be competitive, we've spent the last 3 seasons lumping it. Our fans boo when we pass it round the back as well. We aren't ever going to be that side.

It's absolute tripe that's been written on the back of a defeat because he's spent the last 4 months sulking because Harris has done a bloody good job with a pretty average hand.

Well said. :thumbup:

LeningradCowboy
27-07-20, 22:36

I'm not sure that starting Pack actually was a negative decision. He's in the team to sit in front of our centre-backs so the rest of our midfield and our full-backs can push higher up the pitch when we have the ball. I doubt that he would have played if Harris knew that we were going to have less than 40% possession.

NYCBlue
27-07-20, 22:36
Beaten by a better team. How can you blame the manager for that? You're right about the players though.

Eric the Half a Bee
27-07-20, 22:40
I'm not sure that starting Pack actually was a negative decision. He's in the team to sit in front of our centre-backs so the rest of our midfield and our full-backs can push higher up the pitch when we have the ball. I doubt that he would have played if Harris knew that we were going to have less than 40% possession.

I agree. I would have started with Pack. According to whoscored, he was better than Ralls. Didn't seem like that from watching the game, but he won more tackles and had a better passing accuracy. Ralls was dispossessed twice

City123
27-07-20, 22:45

Harris has finished above Steve Cooper's side, which is full of loanees. They've got in because Brewster is amazing, and there is no way he'd come to a football team that plays the same way we do. If the Jacks don't go up, they've got a complete rebuild next season. I'd be amazed if they kept Ayew and Brewster.

Not to mention a quite incredible implosion from Forest

Splott-light...
27-07-20, 22:48

Now you turn up again.

But before you go have you got any E's..?

:yikes:

Bobby Dandruff
27-07-20, 22:53

The parts in bold are rather telling - does that mean that we are always and forever going to be a team that plays dreadful football and can therefore never attract any decent players? I’d have LOVED Brewster to come here and feel almost embarrassed that he wouldn’t because of the way we play! Now that IS depressing as clearly that style of football is the future (see every other team in the play offs, Man City, Liverpool etc etc)

Bluebird23
27-07-20, 22:53

Now you turn up again.

Eric the Half Wit, a Poundland Statto!

Pedro de la Rosa
27-07-20, 22:54
The parts in bold are rather telling - does that mean that we are always and forever going to be a team that plays dreadful football and can therefore never attract any decent players? I’d have LOVED Brewster to come here and feel almost embarrassed that he wouldn’t because of the way we play! Now that IS depressing as clearly that style of football is the future (see every other team in the play offs, Man City, Liverpool etc etc)
Have you seen the stuff Rowett's sides play? We are getting better at football but we can't just say to the team, right from tomorrow it's little triangles, pass and move and patterns of play. That stuff takes absolutely ages. It took Guardiola a season with world class players at Man City.

Eric the Half a Bee
27-07-20, 22:55
Eric the Half Wit, a Poundland Statto!

Not the first time you've used that reply either. Shame you're so predictably boring.

Eric the Half a Bee
27-07-20, 22:56
:yikes:

He's Ebeneezer Goode.

BlueArmy 86
27-07-20, 23:02
Embarrassing

And I’m not talking about Neil Harris

Bluebird23
27-07-20, 23:02

Cooper had a decent reputation for working with young players, and attracted some quality loan signings.

If City had appointed any of the decent available candidates like Hughes, Pulis, Hughton, Jokanovic, they’d have attracted decent players based on what they’ve achieved, and players believing in them.

Harris won’t attract anyone decent, look at his January loan signings. Our better players will leave, to be replaced with journeyman, whereby we become a team competing in the bottom third of the division.

Millwall couldn’t wait to get shot of him, the supporters hated the football. Granted they had a rubbish squad, with arguably only two really decent players. But Rowatt transformed them, with good coaching.

Harris was a cheap option, and the club will go backwards under him.

Armitage Shanks
27-07-20, 23:03
In the words of Oz from auf weidersein pet..

Ah Bollocks man!

City123
27-07-20, 23:08
Cooper had a decent reputation for working with young players, and attracted some quality loan signings.

If City had appointed any of the decent available candidates like Hughes, Pulis, Hughton, Jokanovic, they’d have attracted decent players based on what they’ve achieved, and players believing in them.

Harris won’t attract anyone decent, look at his January loan signings. Our better players will leave, to be replaced with journeyman, whereby we become a team competing in the bottom third of the division.

Millwall couldn’t wait to get shot of him, the supporters hated the football. Granted they had a rubbish squad, with arguably only two really decent players. But Rowatt transformed them, with good coaching.

:hehe: :hehe:

You're taking the piss right? Pulis, Hughes and Hughton attracting players with their fantastic styles of play?

Also, if Rowett transformed Millwall by taking them from 18th to 8th then surely Harris has also transformed us by taking us from 14th to 5th?

Pedro de la Rosa
27-07-20, 23:10

Hughes and Pulis :hehe:

Mate, you've over trolled there.

Divine Wright
27-07-20, 23:12
Harris was an underwhelming appointment . I didn’t expect him to get us a top 5 finish. He did though, and deserves some credit for doing so. Begrudging him a certain amount of praise is just a bit mean imo.

I don’t think he’ll get is any closer next season but I underestimated his a ability this season , so who knows.

I don’t think this squad is as good as you make it out either.

NYCBlue
27-07-20, 23:15

We've already gone forward with him. From 14th place to 5th. And the quality of football has improved.

delmbox
27-07-20, 23:19

First 20 minutes apart, this was like a training game for Fulham who hardly had to get out of first gear, and deserved the win.

This was a Fulham side that struggled to get a point at Wigan last week, and were without the divisions top scorer.

How can we play such an important game at home, and after going one down, not even force the opposition keeper to make a save in the next 44 minutes? As soon as Fulham scored, their heads went down, there was no passion, fight or desire to make a game of it.

I don’t rate Harris at all, and I can’t understand some supporters or the media’s, love in with him.

I can’t respect a manager who described Ralls as a ‘Superstar’, and Glatzel ‘one of the best finishers I’ve ever worked with.’

Harris is no miracle worker, as he and some of the media try to paint him. Regardless of a couple of poor signings by Warnock, this was a squad easily good enough to make the Playoffs, in a poor quality division. Just look at our bench tonight, around £20 million of players, most of who would get in to other Championship starting sides.

If you want to see managers who’ve genuinely done fantastic jobs on limited resources in the Championship, look at Cooper at Swansea, and Rowatt at Millwall. Both have been exceptional.

Rowatt took a dire Millwall team that Harris left in a relegation fight, and transformed them to Playoff contenders, up to the last week.

Cooper saw Swansea sell their better players like McBurnie and James, a whole stack of injuries, but still took them in to the Playoffs. He had to stick a couple of young players on the bench, last night.

In the window Cooper added decent loan players who made an impact, in Gallagher and Brewster. Harris added err, Smith and Sanderson.

The local media rarely ask a challenging question. But I wish one of them has the balls to ask Harris why he picked such a negative side, and started Pack?

The improved form post break was based on Pack being dropped, and Vaulks replacing him. Since then Vaulks has been one of our better players, offering far more energy and attacking contribution around the pitch.

Pack is slow, one paced and offers nothing. He was playing deeper at times tonight, than Morrison.

He let Onomah walk around him for the opening goal, and offered nothing all game. Even worse, as terrible as he was, Harris left him on to play the whole game!

A half decent centre forward would have had one, or even two goals in the first half.

Time and time again, we’ve seen that Glatzel isn’t physically strong enough at this level, and isn’t a decent finisher. We will never get our money back on him, when he leaves.

Throw in Harris’s cringeable Landaan barrow boy interviews and some of the crap he comes out with, and he makes me want to give my season ticket a miss next season.

Making a bit of a tit of yourself here mate

Bluebird23
27-07-20, 23:23
And the quality of football has improved.

Did you watch tonight’s game?

We didn’t have a shot on target for the 44 minutes, after they scored their first goal.

As for our football, or rather lack of, it was beyond dire.

But even worse, gutless, and devoid of any passion or fight.

We meekly laid down and rolled over, at home.

Embarrassing.

Bluebird23
27-07-20, 23:25
:hehe: :hehe:

You're taking the piss right? Pulis, Hughes and Hughton attracting players with their fantastic styles of play?

Also, if Rowett transformed Millwall by taking them from 18th to 8th then surely Harris has also transformed us by taking us from 14th to 5th?

I know it’s hard for you to grasp, but Harris inherited a squad with £20 million of players on the bench tonight. I doubt the whole Millwall team is worth that.

So yes, Rowatt did a far superior job.

dembethewarrior
27-07-20, 23:26
:hehe:

Optimistic Nick
27-07-20, 23:27
Harris won’t attract anyone decent, look at his January loan signings.

That isnt how it works. You are a moron

City123
27-07-20, 23:32
I know it’s hard for you to grasp, but Harris inherited a squad with £20 million of players on the bench tonight. I doubt the whole Millwall team is worth that.

So yes, Rowatt did a far superior job.
£20m? Just because Warnock overpaid for duds doesn't make them worth it. Although I'm sure the genius that is Tony Pulis would have had them playing some slick incisive football reminiscent of Guardiola's Barcelona side

Llandaff Blue
27-07-20, 23:33
£20m? Just because Warnock overpaid for duds doesn't make them worth it. Although I'm sure the genius that is Tony Pulis would have had them playing some slick incisive football reminiscent of Guardiola's Barcelona side

:hehe:

SLUDGE FACTORY
28-07-20, 00:10
Imagine sitting next to this kent at home games

Nightmare

MacAdder
28-07-20, 00:19
Imagine sitting next to this kent at home games

Nightmare

Doubt you'd find him anywhere near the ground just a WUM

Jordi Culé
28-07-20, 06:06

I’m wasn’t overly enamoured with the appointment of Harris but ****ing hell take a beta blocker or something?

I thought City done alright first half. I’m not sure why they appeared to concede another 10 yards in trying to keep their defensive shape from the second half which inevitably led them to being ragged but Fulham were better in all areas. That’s football butt.

Hilts
28-07-20, 07:34

No theres not.

A Quiet Monkfish
28-07-20, 07:39

Agree with most of that, except Harris is playing with the cards he's been dealt. Apart from Tomlin there's not a single City player in the squad who can receive the ball and pass it on in one move. There are many clubs below us in this division who I consider having better potential than us. Harris has tried to change the way City play, and yesterday - for about 15 minutes [!] - we did pass the ball well, but it was a fleeting moment and our players were truly humbled. Comparisons with Swansea however are valid. There's no structural, geographical or financial reason for them to have consistently better footballers and stronger squads than us. It just goes down to history and the way they have done things since the Martinez early days..t

NYCBlue
28-07-20, 09:15
Did you watch tonight’s game?

We didn’t have a shot on target for the 44 minutes, after they scored their first goal.

As for our football, or rather lack of, it was beyond dire.

But even worse, gutless, and devoid of any passion or fight.

We meekly laid down and rolled over, at home.

Embarrassing.

We got outplayed, by a better team. It happens. If we had taken our chances in the first half it might have been different, but we didn't and it wasn't. I saw nothing to be embarrassed about yesterday. Except maybe the £5.5M Warnock paid for Glatzel.

Pedro de la Rosa
28-07-20, 11:43
We got outplayed, by a better team. It happens. If we had taken our chances in the first half it might have been different, but we didn't and it wasn't. I saw nothing to be embarrassed about yesterday. Except maybe the £5.5M Warnock paid for Glatzel.

You and I don't always see eye to eye but at least we chat about football. Bluebird23 just wants to troll.

Toadstool
28-07-20, 11:58
so what does that make Warnock? He took us down to 14th

J R Hartley
28-07-20, 12:14
Hughes and Pulis :hehe:

Mate, you've over trolled there.

The OP is a very poor effort, so transparent, then hes massively overcooked it by throwing Pulis in there.

J R Hartley
28-07-20, 12:30
I know hes trolling but I cant see any other Harris thread so ima say my two penneth here.

Hes done a fantastic job thus far, far better than anyone prediced he would. We had no business making the play-offs from where we were when he took us over and the feeling around the football club at that time.

His wasnt an exciting appointment but over time the style has got more pleasing on the eye and certainly since the restart weve scored some fantastic goals from open play.

He deserves credit for turning our season around and I certainly wont be turning on him because we were beaten by a side who lets be honest have better players. We needed them to be a little off their game and everyone on our game to get a result, like the Leeds game at the start of restart, but certainly after the 1st water break and 1st quarter of the 2nd half Fulham were bang on their game whilst we had too many players who were off the pace last night. NML and Hoilett were very poor and Reed did a job on Tomlin. Ironically the Mitrovic injury probably helped them more than it helped us. Morrison would have been preparing for a physical battle but instead Fulham played even more intricate football than they usually do.

It would have been nice to get promotion but our squad isnt good enough for the Premier League and would need major surgery just to be competitive so its not the end of the world that we are not going to go up this year. Let Harris bring 2/3 of his own players in and we can go again next year.

I look forward to next year in the Championship evolving further our style of play and winning more football matches than we will lose.

Neil Harris Barmy Army:ayatollah:

Freitag 4.17
28-07-20, 12:37
I know hes trolling but I cant see any other Harris thread so ima say my two penneth here.

Hes done a fantastic job thus far, far better than anyone prediced he would. We had no business making the play-offs from where we were when he took us over and the feeling around the football club at that time.

His wasnt an exciting appointment but over time the style has got more pleasing on the eye and certainly since the restart weve scored some fantastic goals from open play.

He deserves credit for turning our season around and I certainly wont be turning on him because we were beaten by a side who lets be honest have better players. We needed them to be a little off their game and everyone on our game to get a result, like the Leeds game at the start of restart, but certainly after the 1st water break and 1st quarter of the 2nd half Fulham were bang on their game whilst we had too many players who were off the pace last night. NML and Hoilett were very poor and Reed did a job on Tomlin. Ironically the Mitrovic injury probably helped them more than it helped us. Morrison would have been preparing for a physical battle but instead Fulham played even more intricate football than they usually do.

It would have been nice to get promotion but our squad isnt good enough for the Premier League and would need major surgery just to be competitive so its not the end of the world that we are not going to go up this year. Let Harris bring 2/3 of his own players in and we can go again next year.

I look forward to next year in the Championship evolving further our style of play and winning more football matches than we will lose.

Agree with this post, plus on a personal level I would rather us go up next season or season after when there is a guarantee crowds can return.

Bluebird23
28-07-20, 12:39
The OP is a very poor effort, so transparent, then hes massively overcooked it by throwing Pulis in there.

Yeah, that would be the same Pulis who took Stoke up, and established them in the Premier league.

And the same Pulis who was Premier League manager of the year in 2013-14, for the fantastic job he did at Palace.

Throw in the fact he’s a Newport lad who used to come and watch us as a boy, and I’d take that CV with someone who clearly has an affinity to the club, as opposed to the others, who just want a pay cheque.

bezooo
28-07-20, 12:42

AH another one that pop up only when we lose a game, been very quiet since the restart huh?

Bluebird23
28-07-20, 12:51

Fantastic job, no right to be in the Playoffs?

Harris inherited a large squad with many players who’d just played in the Premier league, and almost stayed up. We were one of the bookies favourites for promotion.

Every time we were on SKY, they’d mention we had arguably the strongest subs bench in the division. Last night circa £20 million, sat on it.

A fantastic job is what Cooper has done at Swansea, and Rowatt at Millwall, with little to no resources. Not what Harris has done with an expensive, big squad.

Harris isn’t a good manager, and for a club with supposed premier league ambitions, he’s not the maanger who’ll every take a team up.

Everything about him last night was a loser, compared to Parker.

The way he dressed, the way he conducts himself in interviews, his lack of tactical tactical acumen.

Last night we were at home to a side who struggled to get a point at Wigan last week, and we made them look like Brazil. They were even without their best player, and we had just 22% possession second half, against an average side.

Losing I can handle. But the gutless, insipid performance with no heart or fight, I can’t.

Millwall couldn’t wait to get shot if him, and transformed their fortunes when he left.

I have no doubt, Warnock would have got us in the Playoffs.

Dorcus
28-07-20, 12:52
I was one who was completely underwhelmed by Neil Harris' appointment and I still think the board has shown no ambition whatsoever. However, Harris has done a great job as far as I'm concerned with one hand tied behind his back.

Let's face it, apart from Tomlin, this squad is comprised of over valued journeymen and Fulham are way beyond us in terms of quality. Harris has done wonders to have even got us to the playoffs while slowly trying to improve a mediocre squad.

I definitely wouldn't have wanted Pulis here but I must admit I would have loved to have seen Jocanovic appointed but the board were always unlikely to have gone down that route because they knew he would have insisted on major funding for a complete overhaul. So in my opinion it's fair to criticize our dreadful board but Harris deserves a lot of credit.

NYCBlue
28-07-20, 13:16
You and I don't always see eye to eye but at least we chat about football. Bluebird23 just wants to troll.

:thumbup:

J R Hartley
28-07-20, 13:33
Yeah, that would be the same Pulis who took Stoke up, and established them in the Premier league.

And the same Pulis who was Premier League manager of the year in 2013-14, for the fantastic job he did at Palace.

Throw in the fact he’s a Newport lad who used to come and watch us as a boy, and I’d take that CV with someone who clearly has an affinity to the club, as opposed to the others, who just want a pay cheque.

2/10. Must try harder.

J R Hartley
28-07-20, 13:34

Harris inherited a large squad with many players who’d just played in the Premier league, and almost stayed up. We were one of the bookies favourites for promotion.

Every time we were on SKY, they’d mention we had arguably the strongest subs bench in the division. Last night circa £20 million, sat on it.

A fantastic job is what Cooper has done at Swansea, and Rowatt at Millwall, with little to no resources. Not what Harris has done with an expensive, big squad.

Harris isn’t a good manager, and for a club with supposed premier league ambitions, he’s not the maanger who’ll every take a team up.

The way he dressed, the way he conducts himself in interviews, his lack of tactical tactical acumen.

Last night we were at home to a side who struggled to get a point at Wigan last week, and we made them look like Brazil. They were even without their best player, and we had just 22% possession second half, against an average side.

Losing I can handle. But the gutless, insipid performance with no heart or fight, I can’t.

Millwall couldn’t wait to get shot if him, and transformed their fortunes when he left.

Even worse. 1/10. Poor effort.

SLUDGE FACTORY
28-07-20, 13:35
Moan

Keep quiet when team is winning

Moan

Repeat

J R Hartley
28-07-20, 13:35
I was one who was completely underwhelmed by Neil Harris' appointment and I still think the board has shown no ambition whatsoever. However, Harris has done a great job as far as I'm concerned with one hand tied behind his back.

Let's face it, apart from Tomlin, this squad is comprised of over valued journeymen and Fulham are way beyond us in terms of quality. Harris has done wonders to have even got us to the playoffs while slowly trying to improve a mediocre squad.

I definitely wouldn't have wanted Pulis here but I must admit I would have loved to have seen Jocanovic appointed but the board were always unlikely to have gone down that route because they knew he would have insisted on major funding for a complete overhaul. So in my opinion it's fair to criticize our dreadful board but Harris deserves a lot of credit.

3 years of Warnock ball on the back of 2 seasons of Russell Slade I think the apointment of Pulis would have pushed most people over the edge. Done nothing of note for years, he finds himself out of the game for a reason.

Splott-light...
28-07-20, 13:39
Bluebird23 - A Poundland TOBW

Joe Gillis
28-07-20, 14:00
Is there bollocks.

The first two paragraphs are spot on

J R Hartley
28-07-20, 14:19

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Hilts
28-07-20, 14:43

Swansea no resources?. Ayew is on more money than our 3 highest earners combinex in all probability.

J R Hartley
28-07-20, 14:59
Bluebird123 = A poundland Roathie

Elwood Blues
28-07-20, 15:14
Bluebird123 = A poundland Roathie

That is being disrespectful to Poundland!

Hilts
28-07-20, 15:14
He makes that DML s posts seem reasonable and well thought out.

Wait till he sees the op.

dembethewarrior
28-07-20, 15:23
Someone was bored at work last night.

PontBlue
28-07-20, 15:34
Yes we had a bad second half yesterday and I would have liked a different starting 11 with the workrate of Bacuna and Vaulks in central midfield but we've improved loads under Harris and he deserves more time to change things.

Fulham was always going to be a difficult task if we didn't get the first goal. As the Sky stats showed if they score first they rarely drop points but if they concede first they struggle. Hopefully we can score first on Thursday.

sneggyblubird
28-07-20, 16:44
Rowett's track record hasn't been to clever as of late either,just ask a Derby fan.He will probably repair his reputation at Millwall and move on at his earliest opportunity as he strikes me as a bit mercenary.I believe Harris had Millwall punching above their weight for a while before he left and is still held in high regard at that club.Neil Warnock was backed by this club from the day he entered it and it was his decision to leave the club and was not pushed so how you can say he would have got us promoted is beyond me.What I will say about Harris is like Malky and Warnock before him he will have a window to put right what he thinks will need doing but will find himself friendless if we don't get promoted automatically next season.Getting promoted by playing attractive football is something neither of his predecessors have managed so his job looks the biggest yet.

The OP has posted what I think is a classic knee jerk reaction which is why I tend not to post immediately after a defeat,however,this has been a decent thread to read with some excellent points made so I thank him for that.

J R Hartley
28-07-20, 20:53
He makes that DML s posts seem reasonable and well thought out.

Wait till he sees the op.

Honestly wouldn’t surprise me if they were the same person. Getting hysterical from polar opposite viewpoints.

Bluebird23
29-07-20, 01:49

Ouch!

I’m all for banter, but that’s below the belt! 😉

NYCBlue
29-07-20, 01:58

A Poundland TOBW would still be a decent poster. I was thinking more a Poundland Wales-Bales.

Shute
29-07-20, 04:15
Bluebird23 is entitled to their opinion, but I wholeheartedly disagree with it.

Harris deserves a lot of praise for the success he's had. Fulham is a bad matchup for us. We've had really good performances against teams with a frailty at the back, but I thought Fulham defended exceptionally well.