PDA

View Full Version : WWE and Covid

pomeroy
22-10-20, 12:38
The absence of crowds in WWE has patently exposed the laughable extent to which these circus performers are employing to appear more than vaudeville acts. Listen for the sound affects which are continuously out of synch. with collisions with their partners especially in view of the lack of choreographic rehearsal. The circus is trawling the depths with more and more comic callings out and shambolic interviews plus mass brawls especially in the female contingent.
How on earth does BT include let these charades on its Sports channels let alone have the audacity to make the next offering of Hell in a Cell Pay per View. How many children under the age of 10 have credit cards?

Rjk
22-10-20, 12:41
meh, live and let live
If people enjoy it then good luck to them.

pomeroy
22-10-20, 14:39
meh, live and let live
I’m not saying people should not enjoy it but please put it on a Comedy Channel or CBeebies!!

blue lewj
22-10-20, 14:41
I'm not sure football is in a position to laugh or look down on play acting.

blue matt
22-10-20, 15:15
The absence of crowds in WWE has patently exposed the laughable extent to which these circus performers are employing to appear more than vaudeville acts. Listen for the sound affects which are continuously out of synch. with collisions with their partners especially in view of the lack of choreographic rehearsal. The circus is trawling the depths with more and more comic callings out and shambolic interviews plus mass brawls especially in the female contingent.
How on earth does BT include let these charades on its Sports channels let alone have the audacity to make the next offering of Hell in a Cell Pay per View. How many children under the age of 10 have credit cards?

Its entertainment, we all know its not real wrestling

I hope no-one spoils the big christmas surprise for you

PontBlue
22-10-20, 16:52
We all know it's scripted and they play up to hero and villain stereotypes to boost ratings and income but there is a skill to some of what they do otherwise there'd be a lot more serious injuries.

blue matt
22-10-20, 18:06
We all know it's scripted and they play up to hero and villain stereotypes to boost ratings and income but there is a skill to some of what they do otherwise there'd be a lot more serious injuries.

it all went downhill since Ultimate Warrior left

delmbox
22-10-20, 18:15
meh, live and let live

hear hear

splott parker
22-10-20, 18:32
Not the same as an old granny at ringside at Batley town hall trying to clout Mick McM**** with her handbag!

splott parker
22-10-20, 18:35
Not the same as an old granny at ringside at Batley town hall trying to clout Mick McM**** with her handbag!

Dear God, Mick McM a n u s got the asterisks, he’d have the mods in a half nelson had he been still alive:hehe:

bobh
22-10-20, 18:54
it all went downhill since Ultimate Warrior left

The "wrestler" who couldn't wrestle.

surge
22-10-20, 19:45
Someone from the wrestling family said that it used to be pretending to hit people and people believing it was real and not is now actually hitting people and the audience believing it's fake.

Allez Allez Allez
22-10-20, 20:09

Check out the Bret the Hitman Hart story, where he was shafted in Canada. Also, stories of how Hulk Hogan kept refusing to be beaten. Even when he "lost" to the Ultimate Warrior, he made sure it was all about him.

Shouldn't be on the sports channels, like you say it is scripted and it isn't sport. There is skill involved, and seeing Hulk Hogan lift Andre the Giant is incredible really. But, so are the "strongest man in the world" competitions that go on.

MacAdder
22-10-20, 21:10
Dear God, Mick McM a n u s got the asterisks, he’d have the mods in a half nelson had he been still alive:hehe:

:hehe:

blue matt
22-10-20, 21:23
The "wrestler" who couldn't wrestle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36OHZ51o2qo

bobh
23-10-20, 07:27
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36OHZ51o2qo

When he holds his opponent over his head and just drops him (approc 20 secs) - other wrestlers didn't like that - it hurt.
Slams can be controlled.
I saw a docu where Andre the Giant said he'd often go against the script if he thought UW was about to do something the wrong way.

blue matt
23-10-20, 11:02
When he holds his opponent over his head and just drops him (approc 20 secs) - other wrestlers didn't like that - it hurt.
Slams can be controlled.
I saw a docu where Andre the Giant said he'd often go against the script if he thought UW was about to do something the wrong way.

Andre was a real gent, really struggled with his size and spent his life in pain

splott parker
23-10-20, 12:24
Andre was a real gent, really struggled with his size and spent his life in pain

Much the same as the women in my life:hehe:

Rjk
23-10-20, 12:29
Much the same as the women in my life:hehe:

did they struggle with Andre the giant' size as well?