PDA

View Full Version : Squad announcement delayed due to Ryan Giggs arrest according to The S*n

RichardM
02-11-20, 23:08
https://www.facebook.com/WalesFootballFans/photos/a.495182310679711/1579159408948657/

Eric the Half a Bee
02-11-20, 23:13
Reports he's been arrested for ABH, from a more than credible source. Needless to say, if this is a hoax, mods delete.

https://twitter.com/ffwtbol/status/1323395069739716608

RichardM
02-11-20, 23:15
Ryan Giggs’ future as Wales boss is under threat after the Manchester United legend was arrested on suspicion of assaulting his girlfriend Kate Greville. The 46-year-old was questioned on the suspicion of actual bodily harm and assault after police were called to his property Worsley, Manchester on Sunday night. ‘Police were called at 10.05pm on Sunday to reports of a disturbance. A woman in her 30s sustained minor injuries but did not require any treatment,’ a spokesperson from the Greater Manchester police said ‘A 46-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of section 47 assault and section 39 common assault.’

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/11/02/ryan-giggs-arrested-on-suspicion-of-assaulting-his-girlfriend-13524693

Eric the Half a Bee
02-11-20, 23:16
https://www.facebook.com/WalesFootballFans/photos/a.495182310679711/1579159408948657/

Sorry, didn't notice your original thread.

RichardM
02-11-20, 23:17
See https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php?446336-Squad-announcement-delayed-due-to-Ryan-Giggs-arrest-according-to-The-S*n
If it's a hoax some national newspapers will be hearing from his lawyers.

Wash DC Blue
02-11-20, 23:17
Shitty Newspaper, but with a story like that they would be open to all sorts of court action if it was bollox.

xsnaggle
02-11-20, 23:28
Bellamy next?

Former Labour leader
02-11-20, 23:33
That's Giggs finished as Wales manager. Domestic violence is unacceptable. If he doesn't resign WalesFA will sack him.

Former Labour leader
02-11-20, 23:34
Bellamy next?

I recall he made an excellent presentation at his interview so I would not be surprised.

xsnaggle
02-11-20, 23:48
I recall he made an excellent presentation at his interview so I would not be surprised.

That is exactly what I was thinking.

SLUDGE FACTORY
03-11-20, 01:43
If he's charged and found guilty , which he hasn't been yet , then clearly we need to be looking for a new manager

I wouldn't like Bellamy in the job though , he's far too volatile for football management . Warnock used to lose it from time to time , Bellamy doesn't have the right temperament in my opinion .

Great player but he's not a manager

SLUDGE FACTORY
03-11-20, 01:48
That's Giggs finished as Wales manager. Domestic violence is unacceptable. If he doesn't resign WalesFA will sack him.

It appears he's been arrested on suspicion of common assault which could be grabbing , shouting and swearing and also on suspicion of bodily harm which could be bruising etc from a slap or a punch etc .

Its sad to hear this has happened but if Ryan giggs has physically assaulted his partner and is found guilty then he's not going to be going to prison but clearly its totally unacceptable and he's going to have to walk the plank or get sacked .

Hopefully his partner is getting support

StraightOuttaCanton
03-11-20, 03:53
If he's charged and found guilty , which he hasn't been yet , then clearly we need to be looking for a new manager

I wouldn't like Bellamy in the job though , he's far too volatile for football management . Warnock used to lose it from time to time , Bellamy doesn't have the right temperament in my opinion .

Great player but he's not a manager

If Giggs is guilty of this, it’s not Bellamy temperament I’d be calling in question

Jimmy the Jock
03-11-20, 05:01
I cant see a scenario where he survives this.
Even if its retracted he is dust.

Rock_Flock_of_Five
03-11-20, 05:38
If Giggs is guilty of this, it’s not Bellamy temperament I’d be calling in question

Eh?

It has no bearing on Sludge's opinion that Bellamy doesn't have a temperament suited for management.

Rock_Flock_of_Five
03-11-20, 05:44
Giggs has previous. Many years ago, he punched actress Davinia Murphy in the stomach, giving her a bloody nose at the same time, however, she declined to press charges.

AlwaysAway2
03-11-20, 07:14
He will be gone. Before the weekend.

Trigger
03-11-20, 07:30
Think Bellamy could do a job, it's very different to being a player and thinking only of yourself. He would have a team around him and some senior players. When he has been on sky he talks very well.

I suppose we would never know unless he had a go somewhere.

If Roy Keane and Joey Barton can have a go, then why not.

Croesy Blue
03-11-20, 07:32
He’s got to go hasn’t he? Absolute scum bag of the highest order.

I’d be more than happy with Bellamy.

Croesy Blue
03-11-20, 07:32
Giggs has previous. Many years ago, he punched actress Davinia Murphy in the stomach, giving her a bloody nose at the same time

Must have been some punch!

J R Hartley
03-11-20, 07:37
Think Bellamy could do a job, it's very different to being a player and thinking only of yourself. He would have a team around him and some senior players. When he has been on sky he talks very well.

I suppose we would never know unless he had a go somewhere.

If Roy Keane and Joey Barton can have a go, then why not.

Yeah, I’m not sure replacing a manager sacked for domestic violence and then replacing him with one who has been involved in several incidents involving violence himself and with question marks over his temperament will be the greatest PR move by the Welsh FA.

Ossian Roberts for me.

WJ99mobile
03-11-20, 07:59
If he is convicted and a big if at that - What the **** is wrong with him

Had everything at his feet and manages to balls up his private life time and time again

The Lone Gunman
03-11-20, 07:59
He’s got to go hasn’t he? Absolute scum bag of the highest order.

I’d be more than happy with Bellamy.

You declare that Giggs is an 'absolute scumbag of the highest order' and then say you'd be more than happy with Bellamy.

Comedy gold.

Its been emotional
03-11-20, 08:10
Whatever happened to 'innocent until proven guilty'?
And it's been reported by the Scum ..............

Monster munch
03-11-20, 08:12
Sorry guys but whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? let the plod sort it out before we start cutting Giggsy's balls off and finding a new manager.

Trigger
03-11-20, 08:23
Yeah, I’m not sure replacing a manager sacked for domestic violence and then replacing him with one who has been involved in several incidents involving violence himself and with question marks over his temperament will be the greatest PR move by the Welsh FA.

Ossian Roberts for me.

Maybe.

Only ever convicted of driving related offences though, not great obviously but there are worse people out there and he was previously interviewed for it, wouldn't surprise me too much if he was in for it again if the position is available in the future.

Hopefully the rumours aren't true and giggs can carry on the role as he has continued the job of giving youth a chance which isn't always in the managers best interest in the moment.

The Bloop
03-11-20, 08:31
Only 12 months ago Bellamy issues a statement saying that there are aspects of his coaching that could be improved, yet some people think now is the right time for him to become Wales manager.
No thanks.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-legend-craig-bellamy-17152528

xsnaggle
03-11-20, 08:35
It appears he's been arrested on suspicion of common assault which could be grabbing , shouting and swearing and also on suspicion of bodily harm which could be bruising etc from a slap or a punch etc .

Its sad to hear this has happened but if Ryan giggs has physically assaulted his partner and is found guilty then he's not going to be going to prison but clearly its totally unacceptable and he's going to have to walk the plank or get sacked .

Hopefully his partner is getting support

The report I read ( BBC News) said Section 47 which is Actual Bodily Harm. We'll have to wait and see,

Croesy Blue
03-11-20, 08:38
You declare that Giggs is an 'absolute scumbag of the highest order' and then say you'd be more than happy with Bellamy.

Comedy gold.

Has Bellamy assaulted at least one woman or spent 8 years shagging his brother’s wife during which he paid her to have an abortion to stop his wife finding out whilst also putting a gagging order on Imogen Thomas from going to the papers so both women he was shagging wouldn’t find out?

Bellamy is a dick head at times especially in his youth but Id be interested to see how you think what he’s done is as bad as that.

Pedro de la Rosa
03-11-20, 08:49
Has Bellamy assaulted at least one woman or spent 8 years shagging his brother’s wife during which he paid her to have an abortion to stop his wife finding out whilst also putting a gagging order on Imogen Thomas from going to the papers so both women he was shagging wouldn’t find out?

Bellamy is a dick head at times especially in his youth but Id be interested to see how you think what he’s done is as bad as that.

Attacked his sleeping team mate with a golf club because he wouldn’t sing kareoke? Or the bit where he got suspended from City for allegedly bullying kids. Bellamy is way too controversial be the next manager after this. Page will get the rest of the campaign and Carl Robinson after that I think.

xsnaggle
03-11-20, 08:53
Attacked his sleeping team mate with a golf club because he wouldn’t sing kareoke? Or the bit where he got suspended from City for allegedly bullying kids. Bellamy is way too controversial be the next manager after this. Page will get the rest of the campaign and Carl Robinson after that I think.

But there was no action taken about his dealings with the youths and it did not affect him getting another coaching job. As for the gold club incident, I don't think it was quite as you implied, (as in more fun than malicious) but I'm open to correction on that.
But what we do need is someone who will continue to bring on the younger players.

Croesy Blue
03-11-20, 08:53

Yeah I can understand people thinking he’s a bit too much of a dick in fairness, I’d forgotten about the bullying.

But surely he’s not in the same category as Giggs.

Tuerto
03-11-20, 08:58

Ossian Roberts for me.

:thumbup:

surge
03-11-20, 09:10
From a purely football perspective, Coleman and Giggs needed a period of time before were able to implement their different ideas and results (and performances) were not great before that. World Cup qualifiers starts on 24th of March 2021 and from then on every game in 2021 is a big one.

Time to establish the facts is needed and probably best not to say much more until that has happened.

Pedro de la Rosa
03-11-20, 09:11
But there was no action taken about his dealings with the youths and it did not affect him getting another coaching job. As for the gold club incident, I don't think it was quite as you implied, (as in more fun than malicious) but I'm open to correction on that.
But what we do need is someone who will continue to bring on the younger players.

Oh no, it was worse than I remembered: https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/dec/28/craig-bellamy-raised-the-club-and-swung-he-could-have-ended-my-career-john-arne-riise-liverpool

Bellamy created an "unacceptable coaching environment" for youngsters. He was suspended and by the investigation had finished he had left to join Anderlecht.

Croesy Blue
03-11-20, 09:14
Oh no, it was worse than I remembered: https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/dec/28/craig-bellamy-raised-the-club-and-swung-he-could-have-ended-my-career-john-arne-riise-liverpool

Bellamy created an "unacceptable coaching environment" for youngsters. He was suspended and by the investigation had finished he had left to join Anderlecht.
Yes that does make him a poor choice in fairness. Roberts is would probably be the sensible choice.

SLUDGE FACTORY
03-11-20, 09:24
Coleman

BLUETIT
03-11-20, 09:53
Eddie Howe, again.

Best unemployed manager out there

Croesy Blue
03-11-20, 09:53
Eddie Howe, again.

Best unemployed manager out there

I think he’ll hold out for a better job tbh.

UNDERHILL1927
03-11-20, 09:57

Comedy gold.

Haha my thoughts exactly. Bellamy is the dictionary definition of "absolute scumbag"

Croesy Blue
03-11-20, 09:59
Haha my thoughts exactly. Bellamy is the dictionary definition of "absolute scumbag"

What would that make giggs then?

Shute
03-11-20, 10:16
Carl Robinson is an intelligent younger manager with more than 50 caps for Wales. If Giggs is pushed I wouldn't mind giving him the job.

The Lone Gunman
03-11-20, 11:11

Apologies, I wasn't aware that in order to qualify for the position of Wales team manager you merely had to be a bit less of a **** than the last bloke.....

To be honest, the Nations League nonsense has just about killed off my interest in international football. Nevertheless, I reckon it would be good if Wales could find themselves a manager who hasn't got a conviction for drink driving, a police caution for common assault and a history of off-field problems that have left him with a reputation of being a nasty piece of work.

Incidentally, if the Giggs case ever gets to court I hope for his sake you're not on the jury.....

:hehe:

Croesy Blue
03-11-20, 11:17
Apologies, I wasn't aware that in order to qualify for the position of Wales team manager you merely had to be a bit less of a **** than the last bloke.....

To be honest, the Nations League nonsense has just about killed off my interest in international football. Nevertheless, I reckon it would be good if Wales could find themselves a manager who hasn't got a conviction for drink driving, a police caution for common assault and a history of off-field problems that have left him with a reputation of being a nasty piece of work.

Incidentally, if the Giggs case ever gets to court I hope for his sake you're not on the jury.....

:hehe:

I think I've been a bit too lenient on Bellamy too in fairness :hehe:

I agree with the nations league, first time round I enjoyed it this time it's been a non entity. Maybe not being able to go to the games haven't helped mind!

The Lone Gunman
03-11-20, 11:27
I agree with the nations league, first time round I enjoyed it this time it's been a non entity.

I think I was about midway through the second Welsh game in the competition when it occurred to me that I didn't really have a clue what the point of it was. I gave up on it at that stage. The knock-on effect is that I've lost interest in the rest of the international competitions too.

Hilts
03-11-20, 11:39
Eddie Howe😂😂😂😂

What about Poch?

How about being realistic?

The Newport manager would be my choice so there are no calls for him to be City manager.

If he gets sacked Neil Harris.

And lets wait before Giggs is convicted first.

Tuerto
03-11-20, 11:47
I think I was about midway through the second Welsh game in the competition when it occurred to me that I didn't really have a clue what the point of it was. I gave up on it at that stage. The knock-on effect is that I've lost interest in the rest of the international competitions too.

I do't understand the format, even after trying to get my head round it, not surprising with me though :hehe:

As for Bellamy, Not a chance in my book. I'm always amazed by peoples perceptions on management skills based on a players outward character on the pitch. It is said that Bellamy demanded more of players, fair enough, but within their capacity. It's very poor judgement in trying to aggressively get someone to do something that is beyond their skill set, it almost always fails in a sporting sense. If he was the man he is sometimes portrayed as being, then he'd just concentrate on the things that people do well and try and help them to enhance those skills. I wouldn't want him near any football club where i have a vested interest.

The other issue is does he understand systems? That's what international football is all about, not so much tactics as the head coach just doesn't have the time to invest in players, the priority is keeping the players happy, injury free and motivated.

the other bob wilson
03-11-20, 11:55
From a purely football perspective, Coleman and Giggs needed a period of time before were able to implement their different ideas and results (and performances) were not great before that. World Cup qualifiers starts on 24th of March 2021 and from then on every game in 2021 is a big one.

Time to establish the facts is needed and probably best not to say much more until that has happened.

:thumbup:

City123
03-11-20, 12:09
Doesn't Osian Roberts work for Morocco now? Seems to be enjoying life out there

Pedro de la Rosa
03-11-20, 14:39
Doesn't Osian Roberts work for Morocco now? Seems to be enjoying life out there

He does, he's technical director in charge of everything I think.

surge
03-11-20, 15:21

Only to add, it's important to remember that there is a much less famous person has been forced into this headline. Their needs should be thought of and how we treat them will send a message - either one that ends up crediting us or not.