PDA

View Full Version : if you could take 3 players

Rjk
22-11-20, 11:41
pick 3 championship players to improve our squad - only catch is all 3 have to be at the same club currently - who would you take?

follow up question, would any opposition fans choose 3 of our players?

the other bob wilson
22-11-20, 11:43
Brooks, Lewis Cook and Lerma.

Cleve van Leef
22-11-20, 12:30

You’d have to ask them, only 2 would probably be Smithies & Wilson

City123
22-11-20, 12:41
You’d have to ask them, only 2 would probably be Smithies & Wilson
Morrison as well

I imagine a few clubs would like Ralls & Moore

StraightOuttaCanton
22-11-20, 12:56
Brooks, Lewis Cook and Lerma.

Wasn’t really a difficult question was it ? 🤣🤣🤣.... you could add King to make it 4

Heisenberg
22-11-20, 13:17
Wasn’t really a difficult question was it ? ������.... you could add King to make it 4

Adam Smith to make it 5

Cleve van Leef
22-11-20, 13:23
Sign Bournemouth squad add a decent manager and Uncle Bob is your answer

Pedro de la Rosa
22-11-20, 13:25
pick 3 championship players to improve our squad - only catch is all 3 have to be at the same club currently - who would you take?

People won't but Smithies, Morrison, Ralls, Wilson and arguably Moore are top players at this level.

I'd sign Sarr, Brooks and Lerma.

StraightOuttaCanton
22-11-20, 13:33
People won't but Smithies, Morrison, Ralls, Wilson and arguably Moore are top players at this level.

Which would be fine if all 3 played for Bournemouth or Watford

Rjk
22-11-20, 13:34
how about pukki, Cantwell and buendia?

Heisenberg
22-11-20, 13:38

Rather get a player in a position we need than go for two attacking midfielders. Max Aarons, Buendia and Pukki would be a better shout imo.

Eric the Half a Bee
22-11-20, 13:49

Moore isn't a top striker at this level.

Pedro de la Rosa
22-11-20, 13:57
Which would be fine if all 3 played for Bournemouth or Watford

It's almost like there was a question asking which of our players people would want.

Pedro de la Rosa
22-11-20, 13:58

That's why I put arguably. I think he's a good player at this level but it wouldn't shock me in the slightest if he went to Burnley.

StraightOuttaCanton
22-11-20, 14:25
That's why I put arguably. I think he's a good player at this level but it wouldn't shock me in the slightest if he went to Burnley.

I think you could make a case for Moore. Depends on your definition of ‘top’. He’d certainly make the top 10% and maybe even the top 5%

mazadona10
22-11-20, 14:28
I've not seen Joe Ralls dominate a midfield game once in the championship.

I would guess the average fan of a championship team wouldn't even know who he was.

Bobby Dandruff
22-11-20, 14:44
We don’t need any new players. The ones that we have should be good enough.

Pedro de la Rosa
22-11-20, 15:04
I've not seen Joe Ralls dominate a midfield game once in the championship.

I would guess the average fan of a championship team wouldn't even know who he was.

Dean Holden named Joe Ralls as one of the best midfielders in the league. He's not going to dominate games but when he doesn't play, boy do you notice it!

Pedro de la Rosa
22-11-20, 15:07
We don’t need any new players. The ones that we have should be good enough.

I don't think we've got the centre mids, wingers or right backs for a proper challenge. Murphy is mostly cold and then occasionally catches fire, Hoilett is on the wane, Whyte's name is rhyming slang for his ability, we have one right back and we have 4 centre mids that can't really pass. We also have no players that run beyond Moore.

mazadona10
22-11-20, 15:33
Dean Holden named Joe Ralls as one of the best midfielders in the league. He's not going to dominate games but when he doesn't play, boy do you notice it!

I disagree I've seen a massive chunk of his career. He seemed like a decent championship player a few seasons ago but he doesn't influence a game. The last few weeks I think his defensive game seems slightly better

Rock_Flock_of_Five
22-11-20, 15:53
I disagree I've seen a massive chunk of his career. He seemed like a decent championship player a few seasons ago but he doesn't influence a game. The last few weeks I think his defensive game seems slightly better

As you said, very few Championship fans would even know who he was. His passing is too sloppy for him to be considered amongst the best midfielders in the division.

Pedro de la Rosa
22-11-20, 16:36

He was head and shoulders the best centre mid in a promotion team. He's clearly a very good player. His passing is average but his dynamism is key and he's a massive figure in the club. He also has a very good habit of getting in the way. He's a real pest.

mazadona10
22-11-20, 16:54
He was head and shoulders the best centre mid in a promotion team. He's clearly a very good player. His passing is average but his dynamism is key and he's a massive figure in the club. He also has a very good habit of getting in the way. He's a real pest.

Our promotion campaign was built on being difficult to beat and conceding few goals. Obviously the midfield is part of that but for me Gunnarsson was the one who was more instrumental in that. Since he has gone nobody has filled that void, Ralls is an OK championship midfielder.

NYCBlue
22-11-20, 17:04

Good shout.

Hilts
22-11-20, 17:08
Our promotion campaign was built on being difficult to beat and conceding few goals. Obviously the midfield is part of that but for me Gunnarsson was the one who was more instrumental in that. Since he has gone nobody has filled that void, Ralls is an OK championship midfielder.

Ralls was far more instrumential in our promotion.

Ralls 37 appearances 7 goals 4 assists.

Gunner 20 apperances 1 goal no assists.

LeningradCowboy
22-11-20, 17:16

Exactly. We rarely play well when Ralls isn't in the team.

WJ99mobile
22-11-20, 17:42
Where are our weakest links?

central midfield is probably biggest for me.

Hilts
22-11-20, 18:02
Where are our weakest links?

central midfield is probably biggest for me.

Right back.

Another striker option. Happy with Moore but he needs competition.

mazadona10
22-11-20, 18:18
Last 4 seasons without ralls average points
(compared to overall target)
20 1.55 (1.58)
19 0.9 (0.89)
18 2.11 (1.95)
17 1. 25 (1.29)

Not a massive difference but doesn't show him as someone who massively influences games. Our central midfield is much of a muchness and has been for a few years.

Ralls doesn't do anything to a particularly high standard.

StraightOuttaCanton
05-12-20, 15:50

Want to revisit this? You sounded so certain as well 🤣🤣🤣

NYCBlue
05-12-20, 16:42

Not a bad shout as an alternative. But I don't think there's any question that the players should come from Bournemouth.

Pedro de la Rosa
05-12-20, 17:08

:sherlock::sherlock::sherlock:

Pontprennau Bluebird
05-12-20, 19:07
Deeney, Hughes and one other from Watford.

Rjk
05-12-20, 19:32

Hughes is a class act, for some reason he's barely been in the side for Watford. he'd do brilliantly for us

splott parker
05-12-20, 20:40

Deeney is being ripped to shreds on Watford’s forum, ‘The Hornet’s Nest’, mind you a lot of them want their manager out through their well oiled revolving door.

Forest Green Bluebird
05-12-20, 23:44

Roberts, Ayew, Lowe

Murphy, Pack, Vassell

Eric the Half a Bee
05-12-20, 23:52
Want to revisit this? You sounded so certain as well 🤣🤣🤣

I'm delighted that we've created chances for him and stopped using him as a target man. He has never proven himself as a top striker at this level but carry on as he is and the £2m will be an absolute steal. I'm glad we've worked out a way for him to be effective.

Eric the Half a Bee
05-12-20, 23:55
:sherlock::sherlock::sherlock:

Prior to his arrival, what makes you think he could have been classed as a top Championship striker? Also, if he had been described as a top Championship striker, would we have signed him for £2m?

Croesy Blue
05-12-20, 23:59
Prior to his arrival, what makes you think he could have been classed as a top Championship striker? Also, if he had been described as a top Championship striker, would we have signed him for £2m?

I’ve watched him play and seen he has all the attributes to be a top striker at this level. Great touch, great movement, strong, good finisher, reads the game well, unbeatable in the air.

I said when we signed him in a good team he’d get 15-20 goals and I think he’ll easily get that.

It’s all well and good looking at his stats playing as a striker for a bunch of average teams, but anyone who’s watched him could see he was talented.

Eric the Half a Bee
06-12-20, 00:08
I’ve watched him play and seen he has all the attributes to be a top striker at this level. Great touch, great movement, strong, good finisher, reads the game well, unbeatable in the air.

I said when we signed him in a good team he’d get 15-20 goals and I think he’ll easily get that.

It’s all well and good looking at his stats playing as a striker for a bunch of average teams, but anyone who’s watched him could see he was talented.

Yet nobody had taken a punt on him. Arguably no clubs would have bothered had he not played for Wales. At 28, you'd have expected him to have made it. I'm not being critical, it's just how it is. Moore has been a bit of a lower league journeyman. He now seems to be fulfilling his potential and who knows where that will lead. Grant Holt was in a similar position then was a big success in the PL. It does happen, not often, but it does.

Pedro de la Rosa
06-12-20, 00:30
Yet nobody had taken a punt on him. Arguably no clubs would have bothered had he not played for Wales. At 28, you'd have expected him to have made it. I'm not being critical, it's just how it is. Moore has been a bit of a lower league journeyman. He now seems to be fulfilling his potential and who knows where that will lead. Grant Holt was in a similar position then was a big success in the PL. It does happen, not often, but it does.

Nobody, apart from the 8 or so clubs we beat to his signature. He's getting better and better.

NYCBlue
06-12-20, 00:32
Just had a look to see how Moore is doing in the goalscoring table, he's currently 4th with 8. But I didn't realise that Adam Armstrong and Ivan Toney are already on 14! That is some going.

StraightOuttaCanton
06-12-20, 00:49
I'm delighted that we've created chances for him and stopped using him as a target man. He has never proven himself as a top striker at this level but carry on as he is and the £2m will be an absolute steal. I'm glad we've worked out a way for him to be effective.

A simple “I was wrong about him” would have done just as nicely...

Humility is a nice quality

StraightOuttaCanton
06-12-20, 00:50
Nobody, apart from the 8 or so clubs we beat to his signature. He's getting better and better.

x2