PDA

View Full Version : Call Eddie Howe now.

BLUEAWAY
25-11-20, 21:10
Something has to change.

Wash DC Blue
25-11-20, 21:12
Nigel Pearson for me.

Hilts
25-11-20, 21:13
Something has to change.

We dont have the money.

Aim now avoid relegation which im sure we will.

Cost cutting big time come the summer. Howe wont want part of where we are.

blue lewj
25-11-20, 21:14
As long as the idiots in charge of the decision don't take the fans for mugs and get another negative manager and tell us it is a change of direction then I'd settle for anybody at this stage.

Hilts
25-11-20, 21:16
Harris will get the next 2 games.

blue lewj
25-11-20, 21:17
Doubt our clued up lot have contacted anybody yet so it will be at least a few more games of Harris telling us the performances were excellent, the stats he has viewed show we should be in the top six. We'll also have a senior player telling us they know it hasn't been good enough and they're determined to put it right while playing like a League 2 side on matchday.

We don't want to hear it. We want to see it on the pitch.

Bobby Dandruff
25-11-20, 21:18
Harris will get the next 2 games.

He will.

But we are just putting off the inevitable. Which is such a waste of time.

discodaz
25-11-20, 21:23
A Quality side full of strangers, we need something or someone.

2b2bdoo
25-11-20, 21:43
Why would Howe come here lol.

Harris obviously should never have been appointed and needs to go tho. Paul Cook would keep us up.

J R Hartley
25-11-20, 21:46
A Quality side full of strangers, we need something or someone.

Quality? With a midfield of Pack, Ralls or Vaulks? A journeyman midfielder filling in at right back.

See Bournemouth last night. That’s what you call a “quality side” at this level.

elytillidie
25-11-20, 21:46
Something has to change.
Agree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UBtVZWyIo0&ab_channel=barnaldbear

Splott-light...
25-11-20, 22:04
Howe now, brown cow

Bobby Dandruff
25-11-20, 22:09
Quality? With a midfield of Pack, Ralls or Vaulks? A journeyman midfielder filling in at right back.

See Bournemouth last night. That’s what you call a “quality side” at this level.

I agree. Bournemouth looked like a good side when we played them. Really slick passing football.

And yet we somehow managed to get a draw!

DubaiDai
25-11-20, 22:21

Eddie Howe won’t even take the call

Hilts
25-11-20, 22:25

So its Rafa then. 😂😂

City123
25-11-20, 22:27
As if we'd get Howe :hehe:

If Harris does get sacked, he'll be replaces by someone like Lee Johoson

Hilts
25-11-20, 22:28

Or Mike Flynn.

J R Hartley
25-11-20, 22:29

This ^^^^

Or Garry Monk 😬

Hilts
25-11-20, 22:31
This ^^^^

Or Garry Monk 😬

Oh f**k. Forgot about him.

Flynn Johnson or Monk.

NYCBlue
25-11-20, 22:38

Why not? We're a decent-sized club with great facilities. Eddie How has managed Burnley and Bournemouth. It's not like he's Pep or Poch.

splott parker
25-11-20, 22:42
Not advocating Flynn at all but is some of our fans disdain for him due to him being little old Newport’s manager? I wonder if fans of other clubs similar to us would be so dismissive of him, or would they view him as ‘he must have something about him’ due to their recent cup exploits and their excellent start to this season, lower division managers with a similar record to him have climbed the ladder over the years..................can’t for the life of me name any though:facepalm:

Eric the Half a Bee
25-11-20, 22:44
Not advocating Flynn at all but is some of our fans disdain for him due to him being little old Newport’s manager? I wonder if fans of other clubs similar to us would be so dismissive of him, or would they view him as ‘he must have something about him’ due to their recent cup exploits and their excellent start to this season, lower division managers with a similar record to him have climbed the ladder over the years..................can’t for the life of me name any though:facepalm:

My opinion is that he's a bluntly honest guy who tries to get the best out of what is available to him. This season he's had a bit more quality and they've even played some nice football. Newport are one of the poorest teams in the division as well, on one of the lowest wagebills.

He's done fine there.

Hilts
25-11-20, 22:45
Why not? We're a decent-sized club with great facilities. Eddie How has managed Burnley and Bournemouth. It's not like he's Pep or Poch.

He will not join a club whose immediate priority will be to avoid relegation to League 1 with little or no money.

Come the summer it will be more cut backs.

We will be looking at a manager happy to work under those terms.

Cook may be an option. Others will be the likes of Flynn , Monk , Johnson.

Tan may even give his old friend Russell a call.

Harris hopefully gets the points on the board next 2 and away from the drop zone.

J R Hartley
25-11-20, 22:46
He will not join a club whose immediate priority will be to avoid relegation to League 1 with little or no money.

Come the summer it will be more cut backs.

We will be looking at a manager happy to work under those terms.

Cook may be an option. Others will be the likes of Flynn , Monk , Johnson.

Tan may even give his old friend Russell a call.

Harris hopefully gets the points on the board next 2 and away from the drop zone.
About as sincere as a Tory politician in the run up to a general election

NYCBlue
25-11-20, 23:26
Where's DML? I need someone to tell me that everything's OK.

BLUEAWAY
26-11-20, 07:19
My opinion is that he's a bluntly honest guy who tries to get the best out of what is available to him. This season he's had a bit more quality and they've even played some nice football. Newport are one of the poorest teams in the division as well, on one of the lowest wagebills.

He's done fine there.

My issue with Flynn is that he has to prove to the players that he is capable of managing at a higher level. With somebody like Howe the onus is on the players to deliver the proof.

life on mars
26-11-20, 18:41
Nigel Pearson for me.

Yep

Cleve van Leef
26-11-20, 19:58

Eddie Howe for one
Brendan Rogers for another
Roberto Martinez another

Eric the Half a Bee
26-11-20, 20:50
My issue with Flynn is that he has to prove to the players that he is capable of managing at a higher level. With somebody like Howe the onus is on the players to deliver the proof.

But all managers starting out, or being promoted from a lower division, have that problem.

BLUETIT
27-11-20, 09:53
What's the "Wally With the Brolly", doing these days. :hehe:

We've had the rest of the shite, so we may as well carry on in that vein :hehe:

jon1959
27-11-20, 12:07

The 'Wally With The Brolly' has just been appointed as 'advisor to the Board' at Derby - which will become Technical Director if/when their takeover is complete.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/11/27/report-experienced-boss-was-in-derby-dressing-room-on-wednesday-could-have-wycombe-involvement/

We think we have problems!

bigjoe
27-11-20, 22:37

Realistically in the cheapskate way the club goes about things, it'll be another Neil so having to again change only one letter on the tracksuit. Possibilities :
Well known fan Neil Kinnoch
One from Neil Young, Diamond, Sedaka, Finn, Tennant. At least get a few songs at half time
Neil Ness and Smithy s baby