PDA

View Full Version : KEIFFER MOORE

Moodybluebird
02-12-20, 03:33
Now joint 4th top scorer in the division with Pukki.

Before a ball was kicked I predicted he would get 15 goals this season for us. Barring loss of form or injury he just might reach the magical 20 goals. What a boost that would be in our effort to climb the table.

NYCBlue
02-12-20, 04:07
If we play like we did today he'll be alright. But there's going to be a lot of squad rotation over the next few weeks and changes of style and formation. And what about Glatzel's goal? I know we were cruising at that point, but the build-up and the execution were top notch.

IanD
02-12-20, 08:20
Kieffer was huffing and puffing towards the end of last night's match. Also, he appeared to be limping coming down the steps after the final whistle. Hopefully it's just a minor knock. He looked knackered. Maybe best to have Glatzel start, rest up Keiffer and bring him on with 20 mins to go. Not starting Murphy and Hoillet seems to be the key to current form.

BLUEAWAY
02-12-20, 08:38
Many forwards work hard to little effect.
When Moore chases a ball he appears to be more intent on winning it rather than just being a nuisance and more often than not his ball control is very good. He ability to hold onto the ball in tight situations continually surprises me. Sometimes he makes the odd gaff but considering his match involvement it doesn’t matter. My only negative is that some of his heading is weak possibly because he doesn’t get his timing right.

BLUEAWAY
02-12-20, 08:51
Kieffer was huffing and puffing towards the end of last night's match. Also, he appeared to be limping coming down the steps after the final whistle. Hopefully it's just a minor knock. He looked knackered. Maybe best to have Glatzel start, rest up Keiffer and bring him on with 20 mins to go. Not starting Murphy and Hoillet seems to be the key to current form.

The judgement of how good a game a player has had is often skewed by their workrate target rather effectiveness alone.
Wingers are notorious for flitting in and out of games with moments of brilliance compensating for their failings.
We have had players such as NOONE who worked hard, were very effective defensively and occasionally effective going forward.
Hoilett is a another and is capable of being brilliant going forward. But for much of this season neither he nor Murphy have offerred anything in the opposing half and we have therefore been playing with nine players. Now we are not.

IanD
02-12-20, 08:51
Many forwards work hard to little effect.
When Moore chases a ball he appears to be more intent on winning it rather than just being a nuisance and more often than not his ball control is very good. He ability to hold onto the ball in tight situations continually surprises me. Sometimes he makes the odd gaff but considering his match involvement it doesn’t matter. My only negative is that some of his heading is weak possibly because he doesn’t get his timing right.
Couldn't agree more. He certainly puts in the hard yards and works well with ball at feet. Unfortunately, Mozzer also seems to be getting worse at heading on target. Perhaps mixing tactics up at corners and with long throw ins could pay dividends now we have Ojo and Wilson comforable on the ball in, or near, the penalty area.

BLUETIT
02-12-20, 09:39
He always looks knackered :hehe:

Croesy Blue
02-12-20, 09:56
Couldn't agree more. He certainly puts in the hard yards and works well with ball at feet. Unfortunately, Mozzer also seems to be getting worse at heading on target. Perhaps mixing tactics up at corners and with long throw ins could pay dividends now we have Ojo and Wilson comforable on the ball in, or near, the penalty area.

Ojo seems to be improving every game I see him too.

Rjk
02-12-20, 10:06
He comfortably wins the most aerial duels in the league, for at least the last few seasons.
More than 10 per 90 so far this season which is massive.
(Morrison is also pretty good in that metric too, 3rd in the league, and Nelson 4th!).

He's also getting 3.3 shots per game, which is very good.
(adam armstrong is leading that metric with 5.1, moore is 4th)

Sloop_Jon_Bee
02-12-20, 13:02

And not starting Pack
Spedge

IanD
02-12-20, 13:33
Ojo seems to be improving every game I see him too.
Agree with that. A good addition to the squad and deserving starts.

IanD
02-12-20, 13:40
And not starting Pack
Spedge
Yes. Vaulks to start. Pack for for 10/15 minutes if we are not chasing a goal. He tends to be a bit too ponderous and defensive in my opinion. Apart from right back, we have a decent line-up at last.

Rjk
02-12-20, 14:24
Yes. Vaulks to start. Pack for for 10/15 minutes if we are not chasing a goal. He tends to be a bit too ponderous and defensive in my opinion. Apart from right back, we have a decent line-up at last.

only a couple of weeks ago people were saying that Vaulks shouldn't be anywhere near the team

IanD
02-12-20, 14:33
only a couple of weeks ago people were saying that Vaulks shouldn't be anywhere near the team
Might be wrong but, from memory, it wasnt a good idea to start Vaulks and Pack together.

life on mars
02-12-20, 16:08
His ability to disrupt, score and bring defenders onto him will pay dividends .

Its great to have a striker that is an actual threat in the box , its a plus for any club , hope we hold onto him if he does hit 15 or more?

NYCBlue
02-12-20, 16:26

For me, both Vaulks and Pack are weaknesses.

Rjk
02-12-20, 16:28

they are average championship players

surge
02-12-20, 16:52

Weren't we being presented with choice of Vaulks and Pack with Ralls as a 10 though? Vaulks and Pack as a partnership really, really doesn't work, and Vaulks' ceiling as a player is probably a mid-table Championship club, but our best spells under Harris have seen Vaulks play with Ralls and Bacuna in a three and now with Ralls in a two, admittedly both options asking a lot of the wingers to cover the space left and/or lack of genuine creativity.

Taunton Blue Genie
02-12-20, 17:56
He always looks knackered :hehe:

Pot. Kettle. Black :hehe:

BLUETIT
02-12-20, 19:34

After last night, I thought Vaulk’s first name was “Given Away by” :hehe:

NYCBlue
02-12-20, 22:43
they are average championship players

Exactly. They should be playing for an average team. Or a team that aspires to be average.

Eric the Half a Bee
02-12-20, 23:26
He comfortably wins the most aerial duels in the league, for at least the last few seasons.
More than 10 per 90 so far this season which is massive.
(Morrison is also pretty good in that metric too, 3rd in the league, and Nelson 4th!).

He's also getting 3.3 shots per game, which is very good.
(adam armstrong is leading that metric with 5.1, moore is 4th)

Moore isn't a prolific scorer with his head though. His duel winning percentage is ok for his height but not fantastic. He's winning 2 more aerial battles this season per 90 minutes than last because he's had more high balls to deal with than he did at Wigan.

Being a target man for flick ons isn't his strength. Scoring headers isn't really his strength. He's better with a ball into feet or aimed at him to control, where he can use his upper body strength. I think we're starting to realise that.