PDA

View Full Version : Whats the worst live band you have ever seen ?

SLUDGE FACTORY
22-12-20, 22:24
A lady friend dragged me along to see spandau ballet many years ago , that was bad 👎

But as a rock fan The Micheal Schenker Group at sr davids Hall in 1983 took some beating

Great guitarist in his day but his last studio album was dreadful and got a lathering in the rock press

That night he was so pissed he had to be pushed onto the stage , couldn't string three chords together and walked off after an hour , getting booed

Van Morrison was a superb performer in his time but his pathetic moodiness and tantrums ruined several gigs that I went to and his cardiff performance in 1993 was the end for me , I paid 30 quid to watch him act like a spoilt kid . Miserable fecker belted through the hits and walked off early , no encore

Van the man ?

Van rental more like

RichardM
22-12-20, 22:29
A lady friend dragged me along to see spandau ballet many years ago , that was bad ��

But as a rock fan The Micheal Schenker Group at sr davids Hall in 1983 took some beating

Great guitarist in his day but his last studio album was dreadful and got a lathering in the rock press

That night he was so pissed he had to be pushed onto the stage , couldn't string three chords together and walked off after an hour , getting booed

Van Morrison was a superb performer in his time but his pathetic moodiness and tantrums ruined several gigs that I went to and his cardiff performance in 1993 was the end for me , I paid 30 quid to watch him act like a spoilt kid . Miserable fecker belted through the hits and walked off early , no encore

Van the man ?

Van rental more like

I agree with you about Van Morrison.
I saw Pink Floyd when they toured Animals and it put me right off. They played most of Dark Side of the Moon without appearing to notice that they had an audience, said "we're going to take a break now", came back 15 minutes later and played Animals, walked off, came back and played Money as an encore. Every song was played exactly as it was on the record. I could have just sat at home and played the records with the volume turned up.
When I go to see a band at a gig I expect things to sound different to the highly produced recordings, I expect them to interact with their audience, there was none of that with Floyd, it was sterile.
It was long time ago, can you tell that I still haven't got over it? And don't start me on Richie Blackmore....

SLUDGE FACTORY
22-12-20, 22:37
I saw Pink Floyd when they toured Animals and it put me right off. They played most of Dark Side of the Moon without appearing to notice that they had an audience, said "we're going to take a break now", came back 15 minutes later and played Animals, walked off, came back and played Money as an encore. Every song was played exactly as it was on the record. I could have just sat at home and played the records with the volume turned up.
When I go to see a band at a gig I expect things to sound different to the highly produced recordings, I expect them to interact with their audience, there was none of that with Floyd, it was sterile.
It was long time ago, can you tell that I still haven't got over it? And don't start me on Richie Blackmore....

Never like Floyd

Blackmore was a fantastic guitarist over the years but when I saw him in his final years with rainbow , bent out of shape tour cardiff , he was a miserable twat

RichardM
22-12-20, 22:44
Never like Floyd

Blackmore was a fantastic guitarist over the years but when I saw him in his final years with rainbow , bent out of shape tour cardiff , he was a miserable twat

I said don't start me on Richie Blackmore, as you say, miserable twat, played about half an hour at Wembley Empire Pool, then walked off stage, with a load of flying seats landing on the stage not far behind him.

Taunton Blue Genie
22-12-20, 23:06
Chuck Berry. Played 40 minutes and toured with a band he had never previously met.

Demis Roussos. A friend managed to get a pair of free tickets for this ex-member of Tangerine Dream who I had never heard of. Turns out to be a fat bloke making sheep noises.

Groundhogs/Dr Feelgood/Hawkwind. Every track sounded the same by each of those combos.

Wash DC Blue
22-12-20, 23:30
Probably The Happy Monday’s At the 930 Club in DC or The Stone Roses at the Reading Festival around 96.

I saw the Stone Roses at The Rivermead in Reading about 6 months before that and they were fantastic.

Saw Black Grape too and they were great.

life on mars
22-12-20, 23:31
Saxon St Davids Hall , dreadful ,still to this day I don't know why I purchased a ticket and went .

Bluebirdman Of Alcathays
22-12-20, 23:45
Was the Van Morrison show at St David's? I went to that and was working there at the time. At the end of the set he walked down one of the aisles through the audience (flanked by security) and out the back door. The following day I learnt he carried on to the stage door and into a waiting car with the band still playing and the audience cheering. Didn't even say goodnight, not to the audience nor the stage door guys, who compared him very unfavourably with Des O'Connor and Roger Whittaker. That's my Van anecdote (Vanecdote?) - there are worse, apparently, but they all centre on him being a miserable git. The show was alright though.

To answer your question: Badly Drawn Boy at the university, early 2000s. He was probably high and kept stopping mid song to wander about the stage. Only time I've walked out of a gig, I think.

SLUDGE FACTORY
23-12-20, 00:22
Probably The Happy Monday’s At the 930 Club in DC or The Stone Roses at the Reading Festival around 96.

I saw the Stone Roses at The Rivermead in Reading about 6 months before that and they were fantastic.

I saw The Fall in Bradford , dreadful

Glastonbury they were fantastic

SLUDGE FACTORY
23-12-20, 00:24
Saxon St Davids Hall , dreadful ,still to this day I don't know why I purchased a ticket and went .

Saxon , Crusader Tour , St Davids Hall was like watching spinal tap

But a great metal band on their day

SLUDGE FACTORY
23-12-20, 00:26
Was the Van Morrison show at St David's? I went to that and was working there at the time. At the end of the set he walked down one of the aisles through the audience (flanked by security) and out the back door. The following day I learnt he carried on to the stage door and into a waiting car with the band still playing and the audience cheering. Didn't even say goodnight, not to the audience nor the stage door guys, who compared him very unfavourably with Des O'Connor and Roger Whittaker. That's my Van anecdote (Vanecdote?) - there are worse, apparently, but they all centre on him being a miserable git. The show was alright though.

To answer your question: Badly Drawn Boy at the university, early 2000s. He was probably high and kept stopping mid song to wander about the stage. Only time I've walked out of a gig, I think.

Thats the one

I said to the bloke sitting next to me what a cnut eh ?

He said yep

As we walked out we had a chat and he told me he was a priest

Foul mouthed ****er

NYCBlue
23-12-20, 04:23
I've seen bands I like play badly. Like the Fall and the Gun Club. But one that stands out is UB40 who I'd never heard of, supporting the Pretenders at the Top Rank. They were shit.

I saw Hole in about 2006. Absolute shit.

the other bob wilson
23-12-20, 07:37
I've seen bands I like play badly. Like the Fall and the Gun Club. But one that stands out is UB40 who I'd never heard of, supporting the Pretenders at the Top Rank. They were shit.

Talking of the Pretenders, I was looking forward to watching them much more than U2 at that concert at Cardiff Arms Park in 1987 I think it wa. They were one of my favourite bands at the time, but I had to admit they were awful - they obviously didn't give a shit that day and couldn't wait to get off.

The Rolling Stones were dreadful at Ashton Gate in 1982 - in fact, the whole afternoon was.

RichardM
23-12-20, 07:41

I saw UB40 at the NEC when they were famous. They were still shit.

Chuck Berry. Played 40 minutes and toured with a band he had never previously met.

Demis Roussos. A friend managed to get a pair of free tickets for this ex-member of Tangerine Dream who I had never heard of. Turns out to be a fat bloke making sheep noises.

Groundhogs/Dr Feelgood/Hawkwind. Every track sounded the same by each of those combos.

I saw Chuck Berry in 1982 on my 21st birthday day. I knew it would be a short set and formulaic, but I really enjoyed it.

I've seen Dr Feel good a few times, great band.
Hawkind once, that was enough.

Bobby Dandruff
23-12-20, 08:57

I saw Chuck Berry at the Clapham Grand and it was shambolic. He apparently used local back up bands as he was so mean. Great songs though.

Was Demis Roussos really in Tangerine Dream?

Bobby Dandruff
23-12-20, 09:00
Talking of the Pretenders, I was looking forward to watching them much more than U2 at that concert at Cardiff Arms Park in 1987 I think it wa. They were one of my favourite bands at the time, but I had to admit they were awful - they obviously didn't give a shit that day and couldn't wait to get off.

The Rolling Stones were dreadful at Ashton Gate in 1982 - in fact, the whole afternoon was.

You and I have talked about this gig before on here - lol

I enjoyed the Stones at Ashton Gate in 82. It was my first stadium gig though I think......

Rjk
23-12-20, 09:13
Saw the Coral in Cardiff years ago, I think they only had about 10 songs at the time.
Started off brilliant, but they ran out of things to play about 35 minutes later.
So during their last song they did an extended instrumental break which literally was them just cocking about on their instruments for more than 20 minutes, it was terrible. The place was absolutely electric before that, and after it was like a morgue. Everyone just shuffled quietly home, there were no calls for an encore, people were just relieved to have finally been released from the final unending song.
Had I left one track before the end I'd probably have it somewhere on the list of best gigs I'd been to.

Feedback
23-12-20, 09:21

it wasn't really the stone roses, it was Ian Brown and Mani with Aziz Imbrahim and Robbie Maddix, as Reni had left the year before and Squire just recently had his big falling out.

Kraftwerk for me. totally uninspiring live.

Taunton Blue Genie
23-12-20, 09:23

Talking of Van Morrison anecdotes.....
My brother is a huge fan and spotted Van the Man at a nearby table attached to café at an airport in the States. Not wishing to bother the 'great man' but wanting memento, my brother appropriated the remnants of the sandwich that the moody one was masticating on. As soon as my brother could do so, my brother, who was working with plastics at the time, placed the morsel in a vacuum-sealed, transparent plastic box for posterity. Unfortunately, it didn't remain in the condition that he had hoped.

Taunton Blue Genie
23-12-20, 09:24
I saw Chuck Berry at the Clapham Grand and it was shambolic. He apparently used local back up bands as he was so mean. Great songs though.

Sorry! I meant Aphrodite's Child. I stand corrected :-)

Fatty Thornton
23-12-20, 09:41
A lady friend dragged me along to see spandau ballet many years ago , that was bad ��

Van the man ?

Van rental more like

I've been lucky in that most gigs I've been to have seen, at worst, workmanlike performance, but nothing stinking the place out. Perhaps Kasabian in the CIA around 2005/06, Tom Meighan way too far off his tits.

Swiss Peter
23-12-20, 10:19
I've been lucky in that most gigs I've been to have seen, at worst, workmanlike performance, but nothing stinking the place out. Perhaps Kasabian in the CIA around 2005/06, Tom Meighan way too far off his tits.

Think I was lucky with Van Morrison. I knew he could be a moody prick but enjoyed each of the 3 or 4 times I saw him.

Groundhogs mentioned above - loved them live - but I was about 14 at the time!

Worst - Dexys Midnight Runners. Walked off the stage because their crowd was 'too studenty' - (....err at Reading University?...)

Absolute worst - that knob Paul Weller and his Style Council in Zurich. Arrogant and thick to his Swiss audience.

A mention for Echo and the Bunnymen who simply didn't show up for a gig in Basel. (Since forgiven them though :-))

DubaiDai
23-12-20, 10:31
Saw Eric Clapton about 3-4 years ago in Dubai.
Came on, played about 10-12 songs, then said goodnight and walked off. Didn’t even introduce the songs.
Talking to a few people after the gig and they said he was well known for not talking at all during a concert.
I left feeling robbed. Good guitarist but zero personality

bobh
23-12-20, 10:36
Leo Sayer.
He was booked at my uni, then had a hit single, tried to get out of the booking , didn't want to be there. On stage for 20 minutes.
Big-headed kent

Vindec
23-12-20, 11:12
Hawkwind.

fingers
23-12-20, 11:26
Drew the short straw and dragged along to look after my 12 year old daughter, and her two friends of similar age, to see McFly at the Motorpoint. Frantic windmilling of guitars a la Pete Townsend that bore no resemblance to the pre-recorded music coming out of the speakers, with them trying to be edgy for the pre-pubescent crowd who thought they were the best band ever. Jesus Christ it was f**king torture

NYCBlue
23-12-20, 11:57
You and I have talked about this gig before on here - lol

I enjoyed the Stones at Ashton Gate in 82. It was my first stadium gig though I think......

I think we had almost exactly this same thread about six months ago.

NYCBlue
23-12-20, 12:00
Drew the short straw and dragged along to look after my 12 year old daughter, and her two friends of similar age, to see McFly at the Motorpoint. Frantic windmilling of guitars a la Pete Townsend that bore no resemblance to the pre-recorded music coming out of the speakers, with them trying to be edgy for the pre-pubescent crowd who thought they were the best band ever. Jesus Christ it was f**king torture

Winner.

Or loser I suppose.

Swiss Peter
23-12-20, 12:01

:xmashehe:

As I was typing my post above I was thinking I must have churned out the same response at least 5 times in the 20 or so years I've been on here.

The Bloop
23-12-20, 12:08
Adamski at the Newport Centre.
He stood for an hour bopping along to his pre-programmed keyboards, whilst the crowd hoped that Seal would turn up to sing the 1 track everyone knew. He didn't.
The evening was saved by the support act EMF, who had just started to hit the big time.

The Bob Banker Spanker
23-12-20, 12:15
Wouldn’t say it was a bad gig but thought Noel Gallagher in the castle last year was a bit of a prick. Trying to have a bad attitude like his brother (you’d expect it from him at least) but just came across as a miserable twat.

Mr Soul '68
23-12-20, 12:34
I was at the that Schenker gig Sludgey, if it was the one where they were blown off by the support act Wildlife (later to morph into the band FM) with the god-like Simon Kirke on drums. Infact I do believe you have the great man's drumsticks in your vast vault of rock n'roll collectibles? I walked out after during the third or fourth number.

By far the worst band I have ever seen live was The Clash at Cardiff University in November '77. They were truly dreadfully shite. Despite being touted by the UK music weeklies the future of rock'n' roll they were an abomination. None of them could sing or barely play their instruments and were totally out of tune. Awful, just plain awful. Plus they ruined, absolutely ruined the soulful roots reggae classic, Junior Murvins 'Police & Thieves'. They steamrolled over that magnificent song and flattened it, just like the poor splattered fox I saw dead on the road earlier

Mr Soul '68
23-12-20, 12:37

I saw The Orb in, I think '93, at Cardiff University. They played songs from their two released albums with no crowd interaction whatsoever. All the songs sounded just like their vinyl counterparts...zzzzzz.....

Mr Soul '68
23-12-20, 12:44

I'm with you there regarding the Stones, Bob. They just went through the motions that evening and looked bored to pieces. The J Geils band were pants too. The one good band were the opening act, a local to Bristol reggae act called I think, Talisman?

The Bloop
23-12-20, 13:10
I saw The Orb in, I think '93, at Cardiff University. They played songs from their two released albums with no crowd interaction whatsoever. All the songs sounded just like their vinyl counterparts...zzzzzz.....

Just dug out my ticket for this one - 3rd December 92. I vaguely remember lots of lazers and dry ice but not much else. Could hardly see anyone who was on the stage.

Mr Soul '68
23-12-20, 14:07
Just dug out my ticket for this one - 3rd December 92. I vaguely remember lots of lazers and dry ice but not much else. Could hardly see anyone who was on the stage.

You've got it in one. One of the most boring gigs I have ever been to. Wish I'd stayed at home

life on mars
23-12-20, 14:41
Saxon , Crusader Tour , St Davids Hall was like watching spinal tap

But a great metal band on their day

Thank god its was pre lockdown and we had alcohol

Ivortheengine
23-12-20, 14:47
Ted Nugent , Cardiff Capitol in the good old days. Only went to see the support act- Steve Gibbons Band who were very good. Ted Nugent, far too loud for the venue and couldn’t make any sense of it at all. Walked out after the 3rd song.

Mr Soul '68
23-12-20, 15:14
Ted Nugent , Cardiff Capitol in the good old days. Only went to see the support act- Steve Gibbons Band who were very good. Ted Nugent, far too loud for the venue and couldn’t make any sense of it at all. Walked out after the 3rd song.

I was there and totally agree! Forgot that the Steve Gibbons band were the support act that night. Gig was roughly March '77?

City123
23-12-20, 15:28
Stereophonics at the Motorpoint (not the super spreader event they put on this year) were pretty poor. Late turning up on stage, very little personality, dreary and uninspiring

I saw Pretty Vicious in Newport when they were the next big thing and they were wonderfully shambolic. Bass player gave up playing and was just sat drinking a pint, fun but not a great performance

I remember seeing a mate's band play their first gig together and some strings on the lead guitarist's guitar snapped about two songs in

cardiff55
23-12-20, 15:47

He was in Aphrodite's Child who were a highly thought of psychedelic band. Hard to believe isn't it? I bet his songs went on for every and ever........

the other bob wilson
23-12-20, 16:07
I'm with you there regarding the Stones, Bob. They just went through the motions that evening and looked bored to pieces. The J Geils band were pants too. The one good band were the opening act, a local to Bristol reggae act called I think, Talisman?

We decided to go to a local pub and miss the first act, only to be told they were very good when we got in - that was one of the reasons why I said the whole thing was dreadful and I agree about the J Geils Band.

barrybloo
23-12-20, 16:34
Siouxsie and the banshees at the top rank.
Absolute utter ****ing garbage.

skunkatron
23-12-20, 16:43

Ian Brown was a pissed up moody primadonna in Reading 96, i went to watch squarepusher after about one tune, Stone Roses were always tarnished in my estimation because they inept preformance that night.

Taunton Blue Genie
23-12-20, 16:49
He was in Aphrodite's Child who were a highly thought of psychedelic band. Hard to believe isn't it? I bet his songs went on for every and ever........

Indeed. I did correct myself further up the thread regarding Aphrodite's Child but your everlasting comment is not lost on me, old fruit :-)

OurManFlint II
23-12-20, 17:03
Tricky - one good concert in 6 (2 i blame on the venue), yet close to 10 fantastic studio albums

Devendra Banhart, dito

Ian Brown, jesus he's awful live but love his studio stuff

Rjk
23-12-20, 17:51
Tricky - one good concert in 6 (2 i blame on the venue), yet close to 10 fantastic studio albums

Devendra Banhart, dito

Ian Brown, jesus he's awful live but love his studio stuff

I've seen Ian brown /roses 3 or 4 times and he's been excellent each time

Bluebirdman Of Alcathays
23-12-20, 18:04
I assume all these shows were in the days of reasonable ticket prices. Anyone spent £80 on a ticket only for a shambolic show? Surely that couldn't happen these days... or could it?

RichardM
23-12-20, 18:15

I was thinking that

RichardM
23-12-20, 18:21

I saw Nugent at Hammersmith Odeon about 40 years ago. I can't remember anything about the gig, including who the support act was, but I hope it was Steve Gibbons, who was really good.

RichardM
23-12-20, 18:22
I assume all these shows were in the days of reasonable ticket prices. Anyone spent £80 on a ticket only for a shambolic show? Surely that couldn't happen these days... or could it?

It wasn't long after the days when a week's school dinner money paid for three pints of bitter and 20 No 6

ToTaL ITK
23-12-20, 18:31
never really gone to see a shite band,,,but been disappointed.

probably howard jones...was supporting defunkt...the stupid barsteward

SOXY BOY
23-12-20, 18:32
Meat Loaf in St David’s Hall, can’t remember the year. Also, disappointed with Led Zeppelin at Knebworth where Todd Rundgren stole the show.

RichardM
23-12-20, 18:33
I saw Nugent at Hammersmith Odeon about 40 years ago. I can't remember anything about the gig, including who the support act was, but I hope it was Steve Gibbons, who was really good.

After some googling I think it was more likely his 1979 or 1980 gig at Hammersmith that I saw. It was 1977 that Steve Gibbons supported.

RichardM
23-12-20, 18:35
Meat Loaf in St David’s Hall, can’t remember the year. Also, disappointed with Led Zeppelin at Knebworth where Todd Rundgren stole the show.

I was there...and so were Chas and Dave, I remember enjoying The Marshall Tucker Band as well

The Bloop
23-12-20, 18:44
never really gone to see a shite band,,,but been disappointed.

probably howard jones...was supporting defunkt...the stupid barsteward

I saw Howard Jones play in Brannigans on Park Place a few years ago. That was odd.

NYCBlue
23-12-20, 18:48
Ian Brown was a pissed up moody primadonna in Reading 96, i went to watch squarepusher after about one tune, Stone Roses were always tarnished in my estimation because they inept preformance that night.

The rest of the Stone Roses seriously talented musicians. Ian Brown is the weak link. He's just incapable of putting on a proper show. I saw them at Madison Square Garden the night before we played Belgium in the Euros and he let the side down badly. There was about 20 minutes of brilliance, but the rest of it was disappointing. John Squier stole the show.

I've heard from a couple of engineers that he has a hard time in the studio too. He basically can't sing.

Bobby Dandruff
23-12-20, 19:08

That’s what I thought.

(Nice gag btw lol)

Bobby Dandruff
23-12-20, 19:11
I was at the that Schenker gig Sludgey, if it was the one where they were blown off by the support act Wildlife (later to morph into the band FM) with the god-like Simon Kirke on drums. Infact I do believe you have the great man's drumsticks in your vast vault of rock n'roll collectibles? I walked out after during the third or fourth number.

By far the worst band I have ever seen live was The Clash at Cardiff University in November '77. They were truly dreadfully shite. Despite being touted by the UK music weeklies the future of rock'n' roll they were an abomination. None of them could sing or barely play their instruments and were totally out of tune. Awful, just plain awful. Plus they ruined, absolutely ruined the soulful roots reggae classic, Junior Murvins 'Police & Thieves'. They steamrolled over that magnificent song and flattened it, just like the poor splattered fox I saw dead on the road earlier

Blimey. They must have had a very off night as I saw them 4 times and every time that were absolutely fantastic :-(

goats
23-12-20, 23:09
Radiohead at the CIA 97/98 ish....tickets were like gold dust but it was like a whinge festival of droning on and on, couldn’t wait to leave

SLUDGE FACTORY
23-12-20, 23:48

Yes I have his drumstick

No you can't have it

Free great, Wildlife good , FM bloody dreadful

City123
24-12-20, 00:00
Radiohead at the CIA 97/98 ish....tickets were like gold dust but it was like a whinge festival of droning on and on, couldn’t wait to leave
Would that have been the tour for Ok Computer? Good album but I can't see it being a particularly great live experience

Des Parrot
24-12-20, 05:05
The Pretenders

goats
24-12-20, 06:45
Would that have been the tour for Ok Computer? Good album but I can't see it being a particularly great live experience

Yeah that right. Still remember some bloke offering me stupid cash for my ticket outside......

RichardM
24-12-20, 10:55
The Pretenders

I saw them at St David's Hall fairly recently, maybe two years ago. I enjoyed them.

Peajay
24-12-20, 11:32

Van the man ?

Van rental more like

There's a difference between a seeing a poor performance and seeing a band you dont like, were Spandau Ballet terrible that night or just terrible for you as you didnt like them? I'll never 'get' one eyed music fans that say bands or their music is crap just because they dont like them and maybe it's no 'good for the image'.

There is of course then bands that do pass their sell by date, the biggest one of those in my opinion are U2, that peaked with War, The Unforgettable Fire and The JT was good, but after that....not for me.

You can still be 'Rock 'n Roll' (What ever that is) and like less fashionable music, I mean look at David Grohl who is a huge fan of Abba.

Des Parrot
24-12-20, 12:44
I saw them at St David's Hall fairly recently, maybe two years ago. I enjoyed them.

It must have been early 1980, in Bristol. Brass in Pocket was #1, I think the tour had been put together at short notice, they only had maybe 7 or 8 songs, everything was wrong about the gig. UB40 were the support act, also on their first tour and totally blew them away.

NYCBlue
24-12-20, 18:19
It must have been early 1980, in Bristol. Brass in Pocket was #1, I think the tour had been put together at short notice, they only had maybe 7 or 8 songs, everything was wrong about the gig. UB40 were the support act, also on their first tour and totally blew them away.

I should imagine the tour had been booked as normal. As I remember, Brass in Pocket got to number one that day causing a massive queue outside and the Top Rank show to be unexpectedly sold out.

I thought it was a good show. Although, I remember being somewhat taken aback that she expected "bikers" or "rockers" to be there.

SLUDGE FACTORY
24-12-20, 19:49
There's a difference between a seeing a poor performance and seeing a band you dont like, were Spandau Ballet terrible that night or just terrible for you as you didnt like them? I'll never 'get' one eyed music fans that say bands or their music is crap just because they dont like them and maybe it's no 'good for the image'.

There is of course then bands that do pass their sell by date, the biggest one of those in my opinion are U2, that peaked with War, The Unforgettable Fire and The JT was good, but after that....not for me.

You can still be 'Rock 'n Roll' (What ever that is) and like less fashionable music, I mean look at David Grohl who is a huge fan of Abba.

Spandau Ballet were terrible and I didn't like them

I don't like Rancid but they were not crap live

Harry Lime
24-12-20, 23:56
There are 2 I can't separate.
Primal Scream at the Town and Country Club in 1987. It was between their jingle jangle indie and making it big with Screamadelica. They came on looking like 4th division bikers head to toe in leather and played a 45 min cock rock set to virtual stunned silence from a packed crowd.
The other was just last year and it was Pete Doherty in Sin City in Swansea. I don't know where to start really. It was so shambolic and boring. He played none of the notable Libertines or Babyshambles songs. He rambled on and on and on dragging out songs to the point where people were laughing. Place was full when he came on, at least two thirds had left when he exited the stage.

Fatty Thornton
26-12-20, 09:48
Stereophonics at the Motorpoint (not the super spreader event they put on this year) were pretty poor. Late turning up on stage, very little personality, dreary and uninspiring

Just jolted my memory (or triggered my PTSD)... saw the Phonics at the 'Day at the Races' gig that was moved from Chepstow Races to the Millenium Stadium. As I recall the gig started off brilliantly, The Crocketts, Ash and Black Crowes (the latter completely lost on the Valley Commandos) were all really good but the main event were shocking. Never has a band lived off former glories as they do with Word Gets Around, which was a great album.

SLUDGE FACTORY
26-12-20, 18:26
Just jolted my memory (or triggered my PTSD)... saw the Phonics at the 'Day at the Races' gig that was moved from Chepstow Races to the Millenium Stadium. As I recall the gig started off brilliantly, The Crocketts, Ash and Black Crowes (the latter completely lost on the Valley Commandos) were all really good but the main event were shocking. Never has a band lived off former glories as they do with Word Gets Around, which was a great album.

Black Crowes ......whoosh right over the head of your average stereophonics fan