View Full Version : Neil Harris is not getting sacked".............

the other bob wilson
15-01-21, 15:46
If the reports about the players coming here are true is he?

NYCBlue
15-01-21, 15:48
If the reports about the players coming here are true is he?

I should imagine he has at least until the end of this season.

Hilts
15-01-21, 15:58
Some of the utter drivel posted elsewhere in the last week is not suprising. The amount of people falling for it perhaps is. I mean yet again.!!!

Pedro de la Rosa
15-01-21, 16:00
If he signs Watters, Guilbert and Hourihane he might be able to play the way he wants as well. The one area Harris has exceeded expectations is his transfers. They've been very good so far.

City123
15-01-21, 16:05
If he signs Watters, Guilbert and Hourihane he might be able to play the way he wants as well. The one area Harris has exceeded expectations is his transfers. They've been very good so far.
Agreed, Moore has been a fantastic signing, Wilson is a good signing (and could yet still turn out to be a great one), Ojo has been decent and Osei-Tutu was excellent until his injuries

The playoffs are gone at this point, but a strong second half of the season will probably see him keep his job

the other bob wilson
15-01-21, 16:22

Is there anything, anywhere to suggest we’re after Hourihane?

Moodybluebird
15-01-21, 16:29
Agreed, Moore has been a fantastic signing, Wilson is a good signing (and could yet still turn out to be a great one), Ojo has been decent and Osei-Tutu was excellent until his injuries

The playoffs are gone at this point, but a strong second half of the season will probably see him keep his job

I think you're right but one wonders whether he still has the confidence of the players currently at his disposal.

I've said in a different thread that his signings have been good but it's another matter what he does with them once they've signed up.

If all else fails, keep him on as a Chief Scout and get someone else in who's more tactically astute to manage the team !

surge
15-01-21, 16:32

It wouldn't be fair to switch managers but questions should still be asked at end of the year whether he's the man for next season and beyond. Think of it as potentially our Adkins to Pochettino moment, if there is a Pochettino out there.

surge
15-01-21, 16:35
I think you're right but one wonders whether he still has the confidence of the players currently at his disposal.

I've said in a different thread that his signings have been good but it's another matter what he does with them once they've signed up.

If all else fails, keep him on as a Chief Scout and get someone else in who's more tactically astute to manage the team !

Amazing how many managers are in that job simply because it's the most high profile and not because it fits their skills. Bellamy's interviews make him sound ideal for a DoF role, Lee Johnson would be a much better youth team coach than senior team manager and Harris etc. might (I'm still in the "ask the question at the end of the year" camp) be a better scout than manager.

Freitag 4.17
15-01-21, 16:39

I'd read the Jacks were in for him, would love him here though. Good player.

Bobby Dandruff
15-01-21, 16:45
Some of the utter drivel posted elsewhere in the last week is not suprising. The amount of people falling for it perhaps is. I mean yet again.!!!

I don’t think that anyone actually believed those very dubious looking reports but merely arrived at the conclusion that he is going to be sacked due to the ongoing dross that we have had to watch for so long.

That much is pretty clear.

DubaiDai
15-01-21, 16:49

Is there any further movement with Ng. ? Surely RB is our first priority

Pedro de la Rosa
15-01-21, 17:48

A few journos at Reach are saying we're interested.

Pedro de la Rosa
15-01-21, 17:49
Is there any further movement with Ng. ? Surely RB is our first priority

We're getting Guilbert. Crewe have asked for too much and potentially shot themselves in the foot.

tforturton
15-01-21, 17:53
I'd say some kind words are due towards Vincent Tan as well. Not many clubs are shelling out £1m on players right now...

the other bob wilson
15-01-21, 18:47
I'd say some kind words are due towards Vincent Tan as well. Not many clubs are shelling out £1m on players right now...

Yes, I agree. I’d also say that if we’re spending that sort of money and are really going for those Villa players, we, unlike some on here, haven’t given up on reaching the Play Offs.

Monster munch
15-01-21, 18:52

Makes us wonder if the comment about him bank rolling the club at a million a month is entirely accurate if the board a sanctioning transfer buys.

Bobby Dandruff
15-01-21, 19:15

I quite agree

2b2bdoo
15-01-21, 19:32
1m on a league Two player.
Harris should have gone at the start of Jan to give a new manager a time to build.
I still think Harris will keep us up but it will be playing terrible football.

City123
15-01-21, 19:33
1m on a league Two player.
Harris should have gone at the start of Jan to give a new manager a time to build.
I still think Harris will keep us up but it will be playing terrible football.
I remember Leicester once spent £1m on a non league player

I wonder what happened to him?

Pedro de la Rosa
15-01-21, 19:39

We were also in for Vardy. What might have been. :hehe:

2b2bdoo
15-01-21, 20:11

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but in this current market and money being so tight I'm comfortable in thinking it seems a hell of risk.

life on mars
15-01-21, 20:18
Nope nor should he , it takes us no where .

He deserves to see the season out , this current climate is not the perfect conditions to test the ability of either managers or players .

If anyone thinks changing a manager and not giving the incoming manager a vast transfer kitty to overhaul the team/ squad is bonkers .

We'd be just handing the same problem over to another manager with his hands tied behind his back .

life on mars
15-01-21, 20:25
We were also in for Vardy. What might have been. :hehe:

It could have gone the other way if he came to the City and failed and didn't progress .

He was no spring chicken when he signed for Leicester, the momentum of Leicester and its better players played a big part in his elevation , he only scored 5 goals in his first season and nearly left Leicester for Ibiza .

Think Vardy was in the right place at the right time , right club. Leicester and Vardy story is one for Roy of the Rovers , many players and clubs ,before and after have failed .

Bobby Dandruff
16-01-21, 09:06
Nope nor should he , it takes us no where .

He deserves to see the season out , this current climate is not the perfect conditions to test the ability of either managers or players .

If anyone thinks changing a manager and not giving the incoming manager a vast transfer kitty to overhaul the team/ squad is bonkers .

We'd be just handing the same problem over to another manager with his hands tied behind his back .

Well that is just rubbish.

Have you never heard of the new manager bounce? That doesn’t require a load of new signings. What happened when Warnock arrived? Did he spend loads of money? Of course not. (He may have squanders a load subsequently but not when he first arrived and results improved)

Good managers get more from what they have and/or improved players by decent man management and coaching, and don’t rely solely on buying players. (Er, Clough taking second division also rans to double European Champions etc) so your comments don’t make sense.

This point has been made endlessly.

stan butler
16-01-21, 09:36

Have you never heard of the new manager bounce? That doesn’t require a load of new signings. What happened when Warnock arrived? Did he spend loads of money? Of course not. (He may have squanders a load subsequently but not when he first arrived and results improved)

Good managers get more from what they have and/or improved players by decent man management and coaching, and don’t rely solely on buying players. (Er, Clough taking second division also rans to double European Champions etc) so your comments don’t make sense.

The new manager bounce doesn't always happen ask Sheff Wed

sneggyblubird
16-01-21, 10:06

Sorry but your the one talking rubbish.Cherry picking a couple of examples to fit the way you think. Warnock brought in Bamba and Hoilett immediately which made a big difference I'll admit but subsequently spent shit loads of money and Harris is still trying to sort that mess out.(Paying too much for players and paying players too much that we now can't get rid of.)Compare that with the quality that Harris has brought in.It's the players that were here when Harris arrived that have put us in the position we find ourselves in now.The game is littered with clubs who sack their manager because they listen to grisling fans most of which are below us.Your last 40+yr old point works against you when you think about it. Clough did put together a very good side which went on to great things and that was because he was allowed time to achieve this and he didn't have a raft of overpaid/underachieving players stuck on long contracts who he could'nt get rid of.

Hilts
16-01-21, 10:37

Bobby Dandruff
16-01-21, 15:29

Let’s just see shall we......lol

Mr Soul '68
16-01-21, 15:33
The new manager bounce doesn't always happen ask Sheff Wed

Sheff Wed, have won three, drawn one and lost only one game in their last five games. Slightly better than our record!

Bobby Dandruff
16-01-21, 15:43
Sorry but your the one talking rubbish.Cherry picking a couple of examples to fit the way you think. Warnock brought in Bamba and Hoilett immediately which made a big difference I'll admit but subsequently spent shit loads of money and Harris is still trying to sort that mess out.(Paying too much for players and paying players too much that we now can't get rid of.)Compare that with the quality that Harris has brought in.It's the players that were here when Harris arrived that have put us in the position we find ourselves in now.The game is littered with clubs who sack their manager because they listen to grisling fans most of which are below us.Your last 40+yr old point works against you when you think about it. Clough did put together a very good side which went on to great things and that was because he was allowed time to achieve this and he didn't have a raft of overpaid/underachieving players stuck on long contracts who he could'nt get rid of.

Dear oh dear......

Cleve van Leef
16-01-21, 17:36

Well City had that NewManager Bounce when Harris arrived and against the odds reached the play offs. Unfortunately the ball has gone flat.