PDA

View Full Version : Old and new grounds-You've done them both!

Tuerto
18-01-21, 19:51
How many clubs have new grounds, got to be thirty or so? How many have you done? eg Highfield rd-Ricoh arena-Coventry etc, and what's your favourite away ground, based on design-Architecture, both old and new.

theclaw
18-01-21, 20:01
Only ours and the Jacks,don’t know if Wembley and Arms Park/millemiun count.

Pedro de la Rosa
18-01-21, 20:12
Worst new one is London Stadium, it's totally unsuited to football. Quite the difference to that and Upton Park!

The Emirates is a lovely stadium, as was Highbury. Highbury was a proper ground, for a proper football club. I was gutted the new Spurs stadium wasn't going to be ready for our visit.

StraightOuttaCanton
18-01-21, 20:20
Sunderland
Stoke
Scunthorpe
Northampton
Derby
Bristol Rovers (although I haven’t done Memorial Ground)
Reading
Swansea
Millwall (Wall)
Man City
Hull
Bolton

SLUDGE FACTORY
18-01-21, 20:43
Middlesborough

Derby

Stoke

Wigan

Huddersfield

Hilts
18-01-21, 20:47
Sunderland
Stoke
Scunthorpe
Northampton
Derby
Bristol Rovers (although I haven’t done Memorial Ground)
Reading
Swansea
Millwall (Wall)
Man City
Hull
Bolton

If youve done all them you must have done Walsall.

Hot Shot Hamish.
18-01-21, 20:49
Brighton and Southampton

Bobby Dandruff
18-01-21, 20:57
How many clubs have new grounds, got to be thirty or so? How many have you done? eg Highfield rd-Ricoh arena-Coventry etc, and what's your favourite away ground, based on design-Architecture, both old and new.

Cardiff City
Reading
Arsenal
Spurs
West Ham
Brighton (all 3!)
Wembley
Arms Park/Mill Stad
Wimbledon

cyril evans awaydays
18-01-21, 21:14
In addition to many mentioned:

Oxford
Shrewsbury
Newport
Leicester

NYCBlue
18-01-21, 21:44
Cardiff
Swansea
Stoke
Wallsall
Reading
Millwall
Rotherham
Bristol Rovers

Steve the Tea
18-01-21, 22:38
Leicester
WHU
Arsenal
Swansea
Middlesbrough
Stoke
Cardiff City
Millwall
Coventry
Derby
Hull
Sunderland
Oxford
Bristol R
Bolton
Newport Co (2 old)

StT.
<><

Lord Dargavel
18-01-21, 22:59
West Ham
Arsenal
Brighton
Coventry
Rotherham
Hull
Doncaster
Oxford

stevebrickman
19-01-21, 00:40
Leicester
WHU
Arsenal
Swansea
Middlesbrough
Stoke
Cardiff City
Millwall
Coventry
Derby
Hull
Sunderland
Oxford
Bristol R
Bolton
Newport Co (2 old)

StT.
<><

Jeez.. some of you boys go back a long time. Millwall/Stoke’s old grounds - we must have last played there in the early 80s

splott parker
19-01-21, 06:41
Jeez.. some of you boys go back a long time. Millwall/Stoke’s old grounds - we must have last played there in the early 80s

Did the Victoria Ground in a 4-1 FA Cup defeat in the late 60s. Just checked, 27th January 1968, good God, 53 years ago nigh on, terrifying thought:yikes:

Taunton Blue Genie
19-01-21, 07:01
Gladbach

splott parker
19-01-21, 07:23
Glad bach?

It’s early but I’m happy butt:thumbup::hehe:

BLUETIT
19-01-21, 10:24
Did the Victoria Ground in a 4-1 FA Cup defeat in the late 60s. Just checked, 27th January 1968, good God, 53 years ago nigh on, terrifying thought:yikes:

I can remember drinking outside a pub, by a roundabout, for this game. :thumbup:

splott parker
19-01-21, 10:42
I can remember drinking outside a pub, by a roundabout, for this game. :thumbup:

Got locked in the guard’s van on the train on the way up, thought we were great having a room to ourselves on a packed train, until one of us wanted a wee (we still went for a wee, we were only 13:hehe:) and found the door locked. The guard let us out with a bollocking when we were passing through a station called Stone, a name too close to Stoke for comfort.
By the way what were you doing under age drinking? sherlock:

BLUETIT
19-01-21, 11:04
Got locked in the guard’s van on the train on the way up, thought we were great having a room to ourselves on a packed train, until one of us wanted a wee (we still went for a wee, we were only 13:hehe:) and found the door locked. The guard let us out with a bollocking when we were passing through a station called Stone, a name too close to Stoke for comfort.
By the way what were you doing under age drinking? sherlock:

That's why we were outside :hehe::hehe: 3 years older, I think isn't it ?

NYCBlue
19-01-21, 11:37

I went there for an FA Cup game in the mid 80s. We lost 2-1. We went 1-0 up and most of us didn't realise we'd scored until we saw the players celebrating.

I just remembered I saw Charlton play at the Valley and at Selhurst Park if that counts.

Sloop_Jon_Bee
19-01-21, 11:44
Arsenal
Leicester
Man city
West ham
Brighton (3)
Jacks
Reading
Huddersfield
Rotherham

Spedger

Steve the Tea
19-01-21, 16:05

The experience of Millwall's, 'Cold Blow Lane,' was, shall we say, somewhat tasty ... and I was in the grandstand. Stoke was 1968 (FA Cup game) I think. That's another story.

StT.
<><

Steve the Tea
19-01-21, 16:11
Oops ... missed one:

Brighton (2: one old & new)
Leicester
WHU
Arsenal
Swansea
Middlesbrough
Stoke
Cardiff City
Millwall
Coventry
Derby
Hull
Sunderland
Oxford
Bristol R
Bolton
Newport Co (2 old)

StT.
<><

splott parker
19-01-21, 18:10
The experience of Millwall's, 'Cold Blow Lane,' was, shall we say, somewhat tasty ... and I was in the grandstand. Stoke was 1968 (FA Cup game) I think. That's another story.

StT.
<><

27th January, 1968:thumbup:

Steve the Tea
19-01-21, 19:28
27th January, 1968:thumbup:

Ta for info.

StT.
<><

StraightOuttaCanton
20-01-21, 00:35
If youve done all them you must have done Walsall.

I didn’t even though I lived in the Midlands as they were switching to the Bescott