03-02-21, 17:25
Original iPod for me

UNDERHILL1927
03-02-21, 17:26
Spotify subscription

Xmarksplott
03-02-21, 17:31
A Woodburner.

Has not cost me a penny for wood , had it fitted 10 years ago.

bluesp
03-02-21, 17:37
MacBook

valleys caveman
03-02-21, 17:44
Ford Focus.

B. Oddie
03-02-21, 17:55
My wife.

theclaw
03-02-21, 17:57
Venetian blinds......

It would have been curtains for me otherwise.

Peajay
03-02-21, 17:58
My holiday to Adelaide, Australia, landing a year ago today. An emotional return after 43 years.

life on mars
03-02-21, 18:09
Hope

Moodybluebird
03-02-21, 18:18
My wife.

Did you get her from Thailand ?

Peajay
03-02-21, 18:21
Spotify subscription

Thinking of getting the family membership at £15. Sell it to me.................

delmbox
03-02-21, 18:26
Hope

where did you buy hope from?

Tuerto
03-02-21, 18:31

He probably meant 'Hops' you know what he's like.

life on mars
03-02-21, 18:36

From life

Tuerto
03-02-21, 18:40
From life

Profound.

Jimmy the Jock
03-02-21, 18:43
From life

On mars?

Taunton Blue Genie
03-02-21, 18:44
Original iPod for me

Same here - and having had my first one go belly-up I subsequently have two of them, each tied to its own laptop, iTunes account and external hard drive. The content on each of them is mirrored as I don't want to go through the same painful process again of uploading the songs, classifying them and making my own playlists.

If I was married I would have two identical wives in case one of them left me.

The Bloop
03-02-21, 18:47
Same here - and having had my first one go belly-up I subsequently have two of them, each tied to its own laptop, iTunes account and external hard drive. The content on each of them is mirrored as I don't want to go through the same painful process again of uploading the songs, classifying them and making my own playlists.

If I was married I would have two identical wives in case one of them left me.

If they were identical they'd leave you at the same time. Double the fun while it lasted though.

the other bob wilson
03-02-21, 18:48

He took Faith to a charity shop and got it there.

I paid £600 (far more than I could afford at the time really) I think it was for a VCR in 1978 I think it was when they had only just became available to the public - it was a Betamax, but I loved it.

J R Hartley
03-02-21, 19:03
Ecstasy

valleys caveman
03-02-21, 19:08
Ecstasy

Rhubarb and Custards and Dennis the Menace's rocked my weekends back in the day.

splott parker
03-02-21, 19:10
Time.....getting to the hospital on time the other week bought me that.

Fine Lines
03-02-21, 19:16
Top of the range hearing aids. Life changing. Or maybe a super king size bed with memory foam mattress so couldn’t feel the misses wriggling about.

Eric the Half a Bee
03-02-21, 19:24
Maybe about 7-8 years ago I bought a black and white laser printer from a cancer charity on ebay, presumably selling off old stock to raise a few quid. I paid something like £20 for it and it came with 7-8 full toner cartridges.

Last year I had to buy a toner cartridge for it as I'd used the others. Luckily, I can get generic ones for it for little more than a tenner. For the amount of printing I do, it's been one of the best bargains ever.

Jordi Culé
03-02-21, 19:27
Ecstasy

I don't disagree with that. First ever E pisses all over having an ipod or a printer. There are some real proper, weird fuuckers on here.

bobh
03-02-21, 19:44
Flat in London in 1979.
I'd have no chance of getting on the property laderr if I hadn't bought then.

Bobby Dandruff
03-02-21, 19:55
Original iPod for me

Maserati

J R Hartley
03-02-21, 19:57
I don't disagree with that. First ever E pisses all over having an ipod or a printer. There are some real proper, weird fuuckers on here.

:hehe:

I couldn’t face one now though. I’m sober at the moment anyway. 5 weeks tomorrow.

J R Hartley
03-02-21, 19:57
Rhubarb and Custards and Dennis the Menace's rocked my weekends back in the day.

Doves and Mitzis

UNDERHILL1927
03-02-21, 20:01
Thinking of getting the family membership at £15. Sell it to me.................

Unlimited music downloads at your finger tips. Sold

UNDERHILL1927
03-02-21, 20:02
Good answer, glad you're recovering mate

Peajay
03-02-21, 20:02

Cheers, where do I sign ?

J R Hartley
03-02-21, 20:03

You can get that without premium mun.

Jordi Culé
03-02-21, 20:04

Well played.

Glad you're on the mend butt.

UNDERHILL1927
03-02-21, 20:05
Cheers, where do I sign ?

Spotify.com say Underhill sent you

UNDERHILL1927
03-02-21, 20:06
You can get that without premium mun.

True, can't be dealing with adverts though and got a decent offer for me and the missus.

The Bloop
03-02-21, 20:06
Probably my house.
1 year left on the mortgage then time to start thinking about working fewer hours each week.

Jordi Culé
03-02-21, 20:09

I couldn’t face one now though. I’m sober at the moment anyway. 5 weeks tomorrow.

Had a relapse a few years ago. My legs went at the start but I was surprised how good I was the next day. Probably the copious amounts of alcohol?

Prolonged abstinence butt or health kick thing? Well played.

I go from periods of no booze to drinking from the alcohol tit. Use the drink aware app to manage and monitor my drinking. Have done for five years. Managed to reduce being a pissed arse greatly.

valleys caveman
03-02-21, 20:09

If I could find an old school E, I'd be quite tempted. I've got about 5 pairs of Levi 501's that I used to wear back then. They no longer fit me and are stashed in the wardrobe in the spare bedroom. Might just go and check that little square pocket now.

UNDERHILL1927
03-02-21, 20:11
On second thoughts, unlimited music is great but watching Eminem in Twickenham was one of the best nights of my life, so those tickets.

Malckent
03-02-21, 20:32
A ticket to get into Tito's Night club in 1974 where I met my future wife.

SLUDGE FACTORY
03-02-21, 20:35
Black Sabbath debut album

Turned me onto metal , man

Jordi Culé
03-02-21, 20:35
If I could find an old school E, I'd be quite tempted. I've got about 5 pairs of Levi 501's that I used to wear back then. They no longer fit me and are stashed in the wardrobe in the spare bedroom. Might just go and check that little square pocket now.

Always check your pockets.

A few years ago I had a weekend on the rip in Leith. On my return and during the week, the cleaner was ironing a shirt when she felt something in a buttoned chest pocket on a shirt.

Et voila, pulled out a bag of beak, she handed it to my mother (who was caring for my youngest), who in turn left it on my fire place for my wife.

There was no ****er speaking to me for days.

CopenhagenBlue
03-02-21, 20:44
Best thing or things I ever bought are my 2 Technics 1200 decks. Still going strong after 20+ years of abuse/parties. They could do with a service to get them spot on again, but they are the best piece of equipment I have ever had.
Ecstasy is also a good shout though... 👌

valleys caveman
03-02-21, 20:49

A few years ago I had a weekend on the rip in Leith. On my return and during the week, the cleaner was ironing a shirt when she felt something in a buttoned chest pocket on a shirt.

Et voila, pulled out a bag of beak, she handed it to my mother (who was caring for my youngest), who in turn left it on my fire place for my wife.

What did you do with it?

J R Hartley
03-02-21, 20:50
Had a relapse a few years ago. My legs went at the start but I was surprised how good I was the next day. Probably the copious amounts of alcohol?

Prolonged abstinence butt or health kick thing? Well played.

I go from periods of no booze to drinking from the alcohol tit. Use the drink aware app to manage and monitor my drinking. Have done for five years. Managed to reduce being a pissed arse greatly.

Bit of both mate. Was drinking far too heavily in the house. Especially first lockdown. 5 nights a week and really battering it on Friday/Saturday/Sunday.

Decided to do Dry January and feel much less blotted and sharper in work so going to keep it going.

UNDERHILL1927
03-02-21, 20:52
Bit of both mate. Was drinking far too heavily in the house. Especially first lockdown. 5 nights a week and really battering it on Friday/Saturday/Sunday.

Decided to do Dry January and feel much less blotted and sharper in work so going to keep it going.

Good on you mate, 4 and a half years sober for me. It's a slippery slope that's easy to fall down.

J R Hartley
03-02-21, 20:55
Good on you mate, 4 and a half years sober for me. It's a slippery slope that's easy to fall down.

:thumbup:

Jordi Culé
03-02-21, 21:01

Well played. I've cut down greatly the last few years. Made a massive difference physically and mentally (for me). Enjoy a couple of beers but try not to batter it anymore.

Jordi Culé
03-02-21, 21:02

Well played butt and continued success.

UNDERHILL1927
03-02-21, 21:07
Well played butt and continued success.

Cheers mate, not the best thing I've bought but definitely the best thing I've ever done.

Jordi Culé
03-02-21, 21:09

What did you do with it?

I considered my position and the aggro plus hurt it had caused. Then sniffed the whole 3 grams on the following Saturday.

One of the last times I've indulged as it goes.

RichardM
03-02-21, 21:10
One of my best buys was one of these five and half years ago. Since then I have brewed something like 70 batches of great beer

valleys caveman
03-02-21, 21:11
I considered my position and the aggro plus hurt it had caused. Then sniffed the whole 3 grams on the following Saturday.

One of the last times I've indulged as it goes.

Shame to waste it :hehe:

Optimistic Nick
03-02-21, 21:14

Genuine question: what is "far too heavily" and "really battering it" here? In units, approximately? Just curious

Jordi Culé
03-02-21, 21:24
Shame to waste it :hehe:

Recycling.

Taunton Blue Genie
03-02-21, 21:49
If they were identical they'd leave you at the same time. Double the fun while it lasted though.

Not necessarily. They could both decide at the same time that bigamy wasn't for them and to toss a coin as to see who would stay and who would go :-)

Taunton Blue Genie
03-02-21, 21:51
Venetian blinds......

It would have been curtains for me otherwise.

Pull yourself together, man!

SLUDGE FACTORY
03-02-21, 22:23
:thumbup:

Well done

Spend it on a new rod

J R Hartley
03-02-21, 23:07
Genuine question: what is "far too heavily" and "really battering it" here? In units, approximately? Just curious

12 cans or bottles each night on the weekend. 4-8 cans on a school night.

Harry Lime
03-02-21, 23:18
A Moog synthesiser.
I bought it one Friday night 3 or 4 years ago after drinking too much wine.
I plonked around with it not knowing what the various knobs and butons did for 2+ years but thought it sounded ok.
During the first lockdown I bought a video tutorial which has allowed me to continue to make strange noises, only now I understand why they make them.
It's pretty good therapy and passes the time nicely.
Probably torture for everyone else in the house though.

SLUDGE FACTORY
03-02-21, 23:19

Thats whats known as a right old leathering

Were you driving to work ?

You have made the right decision young man

Onwards

Optimistic Nick
03-02-21, 23:32

Thanks for that- appreciate it. You've done really well to go from that to nil in January. Top stuff. I hope you keep it going.

J R Hartley
03-02-21, 23:40
Thanks for that- appreciate it. You've done really well to go from that to nil in January. Top stuff. I hope you keep it going.

Cheers

Cut it back a bit over Xmas. 4 bottles of lager a night. Last blow out NYE and not touched a drop since.

J R Hartley
03-02-21, 23:41
Thats whats known as a right old leathering

Were you driving to work ?

You have made the right decision young man

Onwards
Sometimes. I only live 3/4 mins drive or 20 mins walk. Usually only have 4 cans on a school night.

My wife has started talking to me again so I might have to go back on the booze.

Optimistic Nick
04-02-21, 00:01
Cheers

Cut it back a bit over Xmas. 4 bottles of lager a night. Last blow out NYE and not touched a drop since.

Brilliant. Glad you are feeling the benefit. I've huge respect for people who say 'no more' and just stop like that. I had surgery about 15 months ago which meant no booze for a few months and then did strict keto for a lot of 2020- it's really good to simply turn the tap off every now and then for whatever reason, just to make sure that you can do so. Saves a few quid too.

J R Hartley
04-02-21, 00:08
Brilliant. Glad you are feeling the benefit. I've huge respect for people who say 'no more' and just stop like that. I had surgery about 15 months ago which meant no booze for a few months and then did strict keto for a lot of 2020- it's really good to simply turn the tap off every now and then for whatever reason, just to make sure that you can do so. Saves a few quid too.

Will power has never been a strong point. I usually replace one addiction with another. Lost a stone want to lose at least another before I have another drink. Perhaps I’ll get addicted to losing weight :hehe:

life on mars
04-02-21, 01:25
On mars?

Well ' I'm in the best selling show ' I guess

lardy
04-02-21, 01:30

NYCBlue
04-02-21, 01:41
A guitar.

Maxim
04-02-21, 09:06
Johnny Seven O.M.A. (One Man Army).

SLUDGE FACTORY
04-02-21, 09:12
Sometimes. I only live 3/4 mins drive or 20 mins walk. Usually only have 4 cans on a school night.

My wife has started talking to me again so I might have to go back on the booze.

I think that's the right move , you can't be having that

cyril evans awaydays
04-02-21, 09:29

sNiPEr

goats
04-02-21, 09:56
Probably a plane ticket to Oz when I was 19, a year sorting myself out washing dishes, picking grapes, hitching, sleeping rough, being care free doing all sorts of shite jobs taught me a lot about life.....

goats
04-02-21, 11:17
Will power has never been a strong point. I usually replace one addiction with another. Lost a stone want to lose at least another before I have another drink. Perhaps I’ll get addicted to losing weight :hehe:

First few weeks is always the toughest, 2nd month is easier and so on I found. I was forced to stop two years ago for a few months, never got back into again, might have a can or two on the weekend but just lost interest in that familiar feeling. Probably helps that the wife stopped jan 2020 and hasn’t bothered since...there’s none around (and my bank balance is noticeably better:hehe:)

Rock_Flock_of_Five
04-02-21, 11:22
Probably a plane ticket to Oz when I was 19, a year sorting myself out washing dishes, picking grapes, hitching, sleeping rough, being care free doing all sorts of shite jobs taught me a lot about life.....

That sounds great! Something I would have liked to have done too, unfortunately, I don't think I had the maturity at 19.

Moodybluebird
04-02-21, 11:53
Black Sabbath debut album

Turned me onto metal , man

No, no, no, please God help me...

delmbox
04-02-21, 12:31

I'm glad you're off the booze but a year's worth of ketamine isn't the answer mate

goats
04-02-21, 13:19
That sounds great! Something I would have liked to have done too, unfortunately, I don't think I had the maturity at 19.

I’m not sure I did, but I had by the time I returned....living in kings cross in Sydney was quite an eye opener be it in my way to work at 7am (street hookers just finishing up a shift) or the transsexual ones just coming out to play on the way home.....

SLUDGE FACTORY
04-02-21, 13:31
No, no, no, please God help me...

Wang , Wang , Waaaaaaaaaannnnnnnngggggg !

Feedback
04-02-21, 13:45

this is win in every way possible

valleys caveman
04-02-21, 18:13
I'm glad you're off the booze but a year's worth of ketamine isn't the answer mate

Optimistic Nick
04-02-21, 18:16

:hehe::hehe:

mazadona10
04-02-21, 18:37

What did it teach you?

goats
04-02-21, 19:00
What did it teach you?

everything I needed to know about ladyboys:hehe:

goats
04-02-21, 19:36
What did it teach you?

The value of a pound and what to appreciate, work ethic, living in a house with about 30 people, people in general, cooking, freedom to name a few it’s 30 years ago ffs

blue matt
05-02-21, 00:01

Might have been mine aswell, i went in '93 and slowly backpacked down from Cairns to Sydney ( then kinda got stuck in Sydney ), did travel a little with my Scuba diving and weekends away with the GF

I landed on my feet with jobs, worked for a guy doing fibreglass shower linings, just laying the mat and rollering out the resin, it was a decent job, earning $10 a hour, now i could get a schooner of VB for $1, my rent in the Kings X house was $35 a week, it left me with alot of money to party, i did try and bar job and lasted 1 and 1/4 hours :hehe: I then got a part time job teaching Scuba Diving as i had then done my training up to dive instructor, that just meant weekends away on the lash, i must have been a part time alcoholic back then

I’m not sure I did, but I had by the time I returned....living in kings cross in Sydney was quite an eye opener be it in my way to work at 7am (street hookers just finishing up a shift) or the transsexual ones just coming out to play on the way home.....

I Lived just down the hill in double bay, shared a house for a while less than a 5 mins walk from Kings X hotel, it was fun, but it was just a backpacker shared house with 5 or 6 to a room, people coming and going all the time, i wanted something a little more " homely " and double bay / rushcutters bay vibe was right up my street, i could be a hippy in the day and then walk up the hill to Kings X and party hard at night, i then sort of moved in with a GF who lived near Manly beach

The walk through Kings X in the morning was always a eye opener, you nailed it with the hookers, all desperate for that last chance to earn a few dollars

I wonder what Kings X is like now, i guess it must have cleaned itself up a little now

goats
05-02-21, 07:28
Might have been mine aswell, i went in '93 and slowly backpacked down from Cairns to Sydney ( then kinda got stuck in Sydney ), did travel a little with my Scuba diving and weekends away with the GF

I landed on my feet with jobs, worked for a guy doing fibreglass shower linings, just laying the mat and rollering out the resin, it was a decent job, earning $10 a hour, now i could get a schooner of VB for $1, my rent in the Kings X house was $35 a week, it left me with alot of money to party, i did try and bar job and lasted 1 and 1/4 hours :hehe: I then got a part time job teaching Scuba Diving as i had then done my training up to dive instructor, that just meant weekends away on the lash, i must have been a part time alcoholic back then

I Lived just down the hill in double bay, shared a house for a while less than a 5 mins walk from Kings X hotel, it was fun, but it was just a backpacker shared house with 5 or 6 to a room, people coming and going all the time, i wanted something a little more " homely " and double bay / rushcutters bay vibe was right up my street, i could be a hippy in the day and then walk up the hill to Kings X and party hard at night, i then sort of moved in with a GF who lived near Manly beach

The walk through Kings X in the morning was always a eye opener, you nailed it with the hookers, all desperate for that last chance to earn a few dollars

I wonder what Kings X is like now, i guess it must have cleaned itself up a little now

It has, it had cleaned up a lot between 1990 and 2000 when I went back for 6 months....seemed like a different place almost. Think the authorities tried to sort it for the Olympics. Hired a camper the 2nd time in 2000 and slowly meandered down from cairns to Melbourne which is without doubt one of the best things I’ve ever done.....

Jimmy the Jock
05-02-21, 11:14

:hehe::hehe: Brilliant ...

blue matt
05-02-21, 16:54
It has, it had cleaned up a lot between 1990 and 2000 when I went back for 6 months....seemed like a different place almost. Think the authorities tried to sort it for the Olympics. Hired a camper the 2nd time in 2000 and slowly meandered down from cairns to Melbourne which is without doubt one of the best things I’ve ever done.....

we might be returning, as oldest wants to play netball over in oz, he old coach has moved back home and asked her to go over and play

so when this is over we might pop over , it'll be funny to see Kings X through my eyes now

life on mars
05-02-21, 22:53

I so wanted one , lad across the road got one,I was in awe it was well out of my poor mums purse range 😢

length
06-02-21, 23:19
A reversible belt. One side is black, one side is brown.

EDIT: The main side(s).

Mr Soul '68
07-02-21, 08:11
Probably my latest dog, who I have had for eight years, a female German Shepherd. Think I would have gone nuts without her during the lockdown and the last ten months. Having her has meant I have got out and done lots of walking particularly last spring and summer