Phillip's
Tutu
Ojo
Moore
Ng

Didnt get many wrong

2b2bdoo
20-02-21, 22:52
Shame he had no clue how to set them up.

No appreciation from me although signings were his biggest strength.... I think that was the general feeling at Millwall as well.

delmbox
20-02-21, 22:53
Hell of a good eye for a player
Phillip's
Tutu
Ojo
Moore
Ng

Didnt get many wrong

I'm not usually one for being a grammar nazi but why on earth would you put an apostrophe in someone's name :sherlock:

Agree with your point about Harris's transfer history here

Whisperer
20-02-21, 23:16
I'm not usually one for being a grammar nazi but why on earth would you put an apostrophe in someone's name :sherlock:

Stop chatting shit Delm your the biggest cnut on here when it comes to pointing out spelling mistakes.:hehe:

life on mars
20-02-21, 23:17
But what about the transfer committee??

jeepster
20-02-21, 23:20
But what about the transfer committee??

What we had one :sherlock:

Harry Paget Flashman
20-02-21, 23:23
Phillip's
Tutu
Ojo
Moore
Ng

Didnt get many wrong

Maybe we should have kept him on as a scout.

splott parker
20-02-21, 23:24
Stop chatting shit Delm your the biggest cnut on here when it comes to pointing out spelling mistakes.:hehe:

It’s c unt:hehe:

Former Labour leader
20-02-21, 23:57

Predictive text which I didn't bother to amend. Apologies.

Jimmy the Jock
21-02-21, 00:02
Why on earth did we let him go ?
And NML.
And Patterson
Dont get me started on Gavin Rae....

Pearcey3
21-02-21, 00:54
He clearly had the players to achieve a lot more. Had he been sacked a few weeks earlier you may already be in a play of position.

splott parker
21-02-21, 01:25
He clearly had the players to achieve a lot more. Had he been sacked a few weeks earlier you may already be in a play of position.

We’re a very fair, sportsmanlike club, would have been wrong to have sacked Harris earlier and be now pissing the league. In these troubled times it was humane of us to hang on and give the less fortunate a glimmer of hope before eventually unleashing the inevitable..... that’s us f*cked now :facepalm:

BlueArmy 86
21-02-21, 02:11
I’m not sure they were all his. When Ng and Watters signed they both thanked the chairman.

stan butler
21-02-21, 05:23
Phillip's
Tutu
Ojo
Moore
Ng

Didnt get many wrong

Tactically inept. I'm sure it wasn't just Harris i believe it was the whole of the transfer commitee or do they only get blamed for the bad decisions at the club?

Monster munch
21-02-21, 08:34
Seemed like a nice enough bloke, sadly though I’ve pretty much forgotten who he was now.

Whisperer
21-02-21, 08:46
It’s c unt:hehe:

No shit sherlock :sherlock:

Bobby Dandruff
21-02-21, 09:43
Phillip's
Tutu
Ojo
Moore
Ng

Didnt get many wrong

This is going to be a VERY short thread.

Not up to Championship standard as is now being proved.

Garth Blue
21-02-21, 09:52
Magic Mick gives a huge amount of credit to TC. With Harris it was all about him. Maybe we have an ideal combination. A manager who is a motivator and a communicator and a coach who knows what he is doing.

surge
21-02-21, 10:09

Shouldn't be forgotten that run of form that saw him sacked saw us play Brentford and Swansea (best sides in the league on form at that time), Norwich twice (best side overall) and a QPR side in the middle of becoming the best in the league over the past eight games. For comparison, Bristol City were 9th in the league looking up before their fixture list got as tricky and now look at where they are.

Probably should also be said that this horrible spell followed a four game winning run, including wins against two play-off placing sides and top-half Luton, which itself followed mounting pressure based on some disappointing results and/or performances.

His record against worst sides in the league (specifically defeats against Wednesday on opening day, QPR away, Coventry away and Wycombe away) were the reason we weren't in play-off contention before he got sacked and performances against those aforementioned best sides why so many ready to see him go. But only one of those key defeats came in the weeks before he left.

It's also pretty clear that players and fans are happier now under MM.

LeningradCowboy
21-02-21, 10:11
Magic Mick gives a huge amount of credit to TC. With Harris it was all about him. Maybe we have an ideal combination. A manager who is a motivator and a communicator and a coach who knows what he is doing.

I suspect that Terry Connor is a massive upgrade on David Livermore. We actually look like a well-drilled team at the moment.

William Treseder
21-02-21, 10:13
Wonder if any Leicester MB’s had an appreciation thread for Nigel Pearson, after they won the Premier league? 😀

Stanmore Bluebird
21-02-21, 11:05
Maybe Harris should become a permanent scout for the City. He can certainly recognise potential even if he can’t always manage it on the playing field.

Croesy Blue
21-02-21, 11:09
Wonder if any Leicester MB’s had an appreciation thread for Nigel Pearson, after they won the Premier league? 😀
Definitely they all seriously think he was a big part in it. That season they were in the relegation zone under Pearson a lot seemed to think they were playing well enough to be no where near it.

He did sign most of that squad too, if his son hadn’t filmed himself shagging and abusing a Thai prostitute pearson would still be there although I’m sure they wouldn’t have won the league then.

xsnaggle
21-02-21, 11:29
No shit sherlock :sherlock:

Constipated cumberbatch!!! :hehe:

Whisperer
21-02-21, 16:43
Constipated cumberbatch!!! :hehe:

That sums Parker up perfectly 😂

delmbox
21-02-21, 19:50

Literally the only two times I've ever done it are this and that time with you. Never goes well mind :hehe:

Former Labour leader
21-02-21, 20:10
Literally the only two times I've ever done it are this and that time with you. Never goes well mind :hehe:
😀

jon1959
21-02-21, 22:00
He seemed to be a nice bloke, and in his way open with the media and fans. He was the filling in a Warnock-Covid sandwich though.

But (along with David Livermore) he also appeared to be quite reactive and passive with the squad. No consistency. Did a good job bringing Tomlin into the fold, but not so good with others. Tactically conservative - tried a few things but if they didn't work he fell back on the tried and tested. Talked a good talk on coaching, but little evidence of it in club video clips, where he did a lot of watching from the sidelines.

Compare that to Mick McCarthy who does the straight and honest more convincingly, and without the Warnock ego. Will Vaulks was saying in his post Preston interview that MM didn't do the big 'clipboard manager' speech when he came in but got the squad straight out onto the training pitch, where he and TC are clearly hands-on coaches (skills, tactics and player motivation).

Neil Harris obviously has something to offer, and will probably get better as a manager with more experience, but he hit the buffers with us, and the change has been dramatic. It is one thing to talk about a clean sheet mentality, it is another to do the work with players to make that a reality!

bigjoe
22-02-21, 14:56
Predictive text which I didn't bother to amend. Apologies.

Wanted to say Michel Preud’homme? Never played for us as far as I know

J R Hartley
22-02-21, 15:09
He seemed to be a nice bloke, and in his way open with the media and fans. He was the filling in a Warnock-Covid sandwich though.

But (along with David Livermore) he also appeared to be quite reactive and passive with the squad. No consistency. Did a good job bringing Tomlin into the fold, but not so good with others. Tactically conservative - tried a few things but if they didn't work he fell back on the tried and tested. Talked a good talk on coaching, but little evidence of it in club video clips, where he did a lot of watching from the sidelines.

Compare that to Mick McCarthy who does the straight and honest more convincingly, and without the Warnock ego. Will Vaulks was saying in his post Preston interview that MM didn't do the big 'clipboard manager' speech when he came in but got the squad straight out onto the training pitch, where he and TC are clearly hands-on coaches (skills, tactics and player motivation).

Neil Harris obviously has something to offer, and will probably get better as a manager with more experience, but he hit the buffers with us, and the change has been dramatic. It is one thing to talk about a clean sheet mentality, it is another to do the work with players to make that a reality!

Nice summary, Jon.

I dont think NH had the credit he deserved in getting that team to the play-offs last year, especially where we were when he come in, but cant argue with this year. Its a results business and results just didnt go his way this year. Fair play to Mick, I was expecting Warnock Ball but the change in shape has been a pleasant surprise. Yes we are still direct but I dont think its hoofball. Still too early to be offering him a long term deal - we havent played any of the top sides yet - but it wouldnt be such a backward step I thought it was going to be should he been given another 2 years.

the other bob wilson
22-02-21, 15:55
Neil Harris’ time at City had three distinct phases it seems to me. Pre COVID he started well and won his first two home games, but that was a bit of an illusion because, overall, he struggled to win at Cardiff City Stadium whether there were crowds in or not. On the other hand, despite the 6-1 at QPR, away results were mostly satisfactory.
When football started again, we continued to be good away and were better, if still brittle at times, at home. Then this season, despite not doing badly away again, we were just not good enough at home, although, ironically, when we did win, it tended to be by a big margin.
The conclusion to be drawn from all of this seems to be that we had a problem breaking sides down when there was an onus on us to do so and so our strange habit of conceding early and often soft goals did us no good at all. Add in that the stats indicated that we were a less effective team the higher our possession figure went and we didn’t really have enough ways to win games.
There have been suggestions in recent weeks that Harris became too intense and was finding it difficult to delegate - a theory which, maybe, gains some credence from the fact that I cannot remember hearing a word from or read an interview with his assistant David Livermore in all of the time he was here.
As others have remarked, Neil Harris seemed to have a good eye for a player and I’d add he was a little unlucky with injuries in my opinion, but seeing Leandro Bacuna playing at right back for most of the first half of the season only amplified his basic error when it came to that position.
What I struggle to understand is why, having done so well to get us to fifth in 19/20, did he find it so tough to repeat that this time around? Right from the start and that hiding at Northampton, something didn’t seem right and, although I’m not saying Mick McCarthy is trying to rubbish his predecessor, some of his comments about what he found when he first arrived don’t sound too clever at all.

LeningradCowboy
22-02-21, 16:15
What I struggle to understand is why, having done so well to get us to fifth in 19/20, did he find it so tough to repeat that this time around? Right from the start and that hiding at Northampton, something didn’t seem right and, although I’m not saying Mick McCarthy is trying to rubbish his predecessor, some of his comments about what he found when he first arrived don’t sound too clever at all.

Lee Tomlin has barely played this season. It's pretty much that simple.

Moodybluebird
22-02-21, 16:28

It will be interesting what effect Lee Tomlin will have for us for the remainder of the season, providing of course he can get match fit and avoid injuries.

Replacing Harry Wilson for the last 20 minutes of a game may turn out to be critical if we are having difficulty breaking teams down.

J R Hartley
22-02-21, 16:41
It will be interesting what effect Lee Tomlin will have for us for the remainder of the season, providing of course he can get match fit and avoid injuries.

Replacing Harry Wilson for the last 20 minutes of a game may turn out to be critical if we are having difficulty breaking teams down.

Im not sure Tomlin gets a look in under MM, especially now weve signed Williams.

tforturton
22-02-21, 16:56

You must mean Harris' transfer history.

Bobby Dandruff
22-02-21, 17:04

Quite.

delmbox
22-02-21, 18:07
You must mean Harris' transfer history.

I deserve this

the other bob wilson
22-02-21, 18:40
Quite.

So, if you really believe that, doesn’t that make your attitude towards Neil Harris as set out on here a bit harsh?