PDA

View Full Version : Sky and womens football

AlwaysAway2
03-03-21, 19:12
Why oh why can't they have their own channel.
Pretending fans are interested even remotely in the women's game is ridiculous.

MacAdder
03-03-21, 19:18
Yeah, only a choice of 465 channels to watch now!

I take it you won't be tuning in then? :hehe:

jon1959
03-03-21, 19:32

I am interested remotely in the women's game - if that's OK with you.

I have watched a few international games on TV (never live) and always watch the highlights of Cardiff City Women's games.

That is probably the definition of 'remote interest'!

Stanmore Bluebird
03-03-21, 19:40
Would you be interested Nick if they swapped shirts at the end of each game?

delmbox
03-03-21, 19:40

"Why isn't everything tailored exactly to how I, AlwaysAway2 want it to be"

I was taught as a child that the world doesn't revolve around me, I now passeth that lesson on to you :old:

ninian opinian
03-03-21, 19:45

Sexist pig alert.

AlwaysAway2
03-03-21, 20:14
Blimey you liberated lot are odd.
I'm surprised you feel the women need their own league.
This woke nonsense is a joke.

delmbox
03-03-21, 20:19
Blimey you liberated lot are odd.
I'm surprised you feel the women need their own league.
This woke nonsense is a joke.

:old:

Dave Blue
03-03-21, 20:22
I doubt many women are interested either.

ninian opinian
03-03-21, 20:54

In you?

AlwaysAway2
03-03-21, 20:56

I have yet to meet any woman or girl that is interested.

ninian opinian
03-03-21, 21:11

That’s because you don’t know any.

Taunton Blue Genie
03-03-21, 23:47
I try to avoid gravitating to the extreme ends of arguments on here and I do my best to consider the middle ground and avoid polarisation. However, the BBC Football results webpage tonight lists the results of the Women's Champions League games before the Championship* results and I think that is pushing it a bit....

*I believe that the Championship is the fifth best supported league in Europe regarding attendance figures.

WJ99mobile
04-03-21, 00:18
When it clicks women’s football will be very big but I feel we’re a few decades from that

jimmyscoular
04-03-21, 00:30
The interesting thing about women's football is that it can be quite good at the highest level, say the Women's World Cup. Anything below that is watchable only if I have a daughter playing or if I'm trying to be nice. Same with women's basketball. Volleyball, now that's watchable. Very athletic. (I'm talking about court volleyball, not sand volleyball, you bad boys).

Rjk
04-03-21, 08:56

:facepalm:

the other bob wilson
04-03-21, 09:29
What I never understand is why men start negative threads about women’s football on places like this - why not just ignore it if you don’t like it?

Judging by what TBG says, my opinion is similar to his - like him, I don’t get how the BBC rates the top league in the women’s game above any division in the Football League and a visit to the Guardian’s football page often has a woman’s match as its main game, I don’t get that.

I went along to the women’s Champions League Final when it was held in Cardiff a few years ago and left after ninety minutes, not because women’s football is crap, but because it was a crap game which was never going to produce a goal between two teams I had no affiliation for. On the other hand, there’s been the occasional match I’ve watched right through on the telly because it was a good game - football’s football, you get dreadful games and great games no matter who’s playing it.

Tuerto
04-03-21, 11:26
What I never understand is why men start negative threads about women’s football on places like this - why not just ignore it if you don’t like it?

Judging by what TBG says, my opinion is similar to his - like him, I don’t get how the BBC rates the top league in the women’s game above any division in the Football League and a visit to the Guardian’s football page often has a woman’s match as its main game, I don’t get that.

I went along to the women’s Champions League Final when it was held in Cardiff a few years ago and left after ninety minutes, not because women’s football is crap, but because it was a crap game which was never going to produce a goal between two teams I had no affiliation for. On the other hand, there’s been the occasional match I’ve watched right through on the telly because it was a good game - football’s football, you get dreadful games and great games no matter who’s playing it.

I was at that champions league game. Right next to the PSG fans, hell of a racket from them! The thing is with womens football is that it needs promoting, if that's manufactured or put in a position that is false, based on popularity and interest, then so be it in my opinion, it isn't going to impact on the mens game.

The other thing that strikes me as odd is that plenty of people on here (certainly not you) portray it as a them vs us scenario, even when they're being positive about the Womens game, it shouldn't be that way, it's still football, just a different level. We've all had mothers, daughters, wives, aunties, nieces, female friends etc, an intrinsic part of our lives, yet it seems that plenty of blokes just don't want to be positive about something that they have a direct affiliation towards. I have a daughter that likes football, she watches some games with me and oddly enough likes Aston Villa (after City) i'm thrilled that she has easy, mainstream access to the womens game as it's in my interests for her to be able to enjoy the sport as much as i do, something that hasn't been encouraged in society.

DubaiDai
04-03-21, 11:46
I am interested remotely in the women's game - if that's OK with you.

I have watched a few international games on TV (never live) and always watch the highlights of Cardiff City Women's games.

That is probably the definition of 'remote interest'!

I have a remote interest in women’s football. Some of it is ok to watch while most of it resembles a local Sunday morning league.
I think what irritates me is the continual add of women on TV football panels and they talk as though they have a thorough understanding of what it’s like in the premier league. Particularly when the moderator will say something like “what is going through their minds now and how will they change in the second half, after all you have been in this position”.
So playing poor standard football in front of 1000 fans gives you the same experience ?
I see the TV channels are also bringing more women onto rugby panels. :shrug:

Tuerto
04-03-21, 11:56
I have a remote interest in women’s football. Some of it is ok to watch while most of it resembles a local Sunday morning league.
I think what irritates me is the continual add of women on TV football panels and they talk as though they have a thorough understanding of what it’s like in the premier league. Particularly when the moderator will say something like “what is going through their minds now and how will they change in the second half, after all you have been in this position”.
So playing poor standard football in front of 1000 fans gives you the same experience ?

But it has to start somewhere, doesn't it? We give opinions on here about football and are critical of Professional players when most of us can't kick a ball or have never played to a good standard. The women employed to do punditry are playing at their highest level and are implementing the highest standards possible within their game.

Rjk
04-03-21, 11:57

some of the women pundits are more articulate than the male former pros, and some of the male pros have made a media career out of talking complete bollocks, so why not have a female in that role?

NYCBlue
04-03-21, 11:59
Women's football is very popular here and not stigmatized as being second best. It has created a huge interest in football among young girls. Which has no doubt helped the US Women's Team become and remain the best in the world.

Hilts
04-03-21, 12:01
Sky are taking the p!ss with their sports coverage. Ive cancelled for the 1st time since ive had Sky TV. They wanted £25 a month they can do one for that. I was paying £15. Any decent boxing PPV. Cricket on Channel 4 and I can watcb City on CCTV.

They can shove it for £25.

Rjk
04-03-21, 12:02
whilst I'm unlikely to seek out women's football, I've watched a few games at international level and once you get used to the feel of the game it is just as enjoyable as the men.
I found I had to adjust my expectations of the tempo and structure of games and once I got my head around what was normal for the women's game and what is exceptional then it's just as enjoyable as a men's game I'm not invested in.

a bit like tennis, if you watch a close game between two top women players, it's just as exciting as a close game between two men. if you're sitting there watching it thinking "these women are barely breaking 100mph with their serves, any top male pros would destroy them' then you would be completely missing the point. same goes for women's football

UNDERHILL1927
04-03-21, 14:13
Do you think only men watch Sky Sports? Do you assume only women watch women's football?

StraightOuttaCanton
04-03-21, 14:36
Women's football is very popular here and not stigmatized as being second best. It has created a huge interest in football among young girls. Which has no doubt helped the US Women's Team become and remain the best in the world.

Same here in Canada certainly at the international level. It’s also the number one participation sport for women/girls. Great crowds at matches. Excellent TV coverage. Players are almost household names.

Jimmy the Jock
04-03-21, 15:54

Its hardly going to be worse than the male game in USA......

We are talking about proper football .

Jimmy the Jock
04-03-21, 15:55
Do you think only men watch Sky Sports? Do you assume only women watch women's football?

No , we are saying no one watches it. At all.

UNDERHILL1927
04-03-21, 16:29
No , we are saying no one watches it. At all.

Obviously not true

Croesy Blue
04-03-21, 17:40
Its hardly going to be worse than the male game in USA......

We are talking about proper football .

You follow Scottish football ffs if we were going by your criteria that would be scrapped.

Ccmb as usual full of boring old men with strong negative opinions about things which don’t affect them.

Croesy Blue
04-03-21, 17:41
Obviously not true
Didn’t the women’s World Cup have really high viewing figures.

Women’s football was more popular than men’s before the Second World War but then it got banned. I doubt the same whingers on here would have been as outraged about that.

J R Hartley
04-03-21, 17:56

Women’s football was more popular than men’s before the Second World War but then it got banned. I doubt the same whingers on here would have been as outraged about that.

More popular than the men’s :hehe:

Yeah righto. When all the men ****ed off to war maybe.

J R Hartley
04-03-21, 18:00
I’ll be cancelling sky sports when my contract is up in August too.

Sky going up 6 quid a month from April 1st. 2 quid of that for sports.

We used to get La Liga and Eirverdesie, now we get MLS and Women’s football and they charge you more!! Any decent boxing is now PPV too.

The sooner EPL and the championship get their own subscription based channel so we don’t have to subsidise the coverage of women’s football and lesser sports the better.

splott parker
04-03-21, 18:03

I don’t believe it was more popular than men’s at all. Dick, Kerr ladies team were a force in the game and attracted fair size crowds on times, not with the same regularity as the men’s game though. It was banned in 1921 anyway, way before WW2. It was popular during ‘14/18 for obvious reasons but never seriously threatened the men’s game although the suits at the FA made sure that it wouldn’t. I’m sure team names would roll off the tongue if it was more popular whereas it always seems to be Dick, Kerr everyone comes back to.

Jimmy the Jock
04-03-21, 18:31
You follow Scottish football ffs if we were going by your criteria that would be scrapped.

Ccmb as usual full of boring old men with strong negative opinions about things which don’t affect them.

Jeez , we have touched a nerve here.

So women football is popular in this country ? Where?

This board is infested with stupid young P.C knobs . Is that the kind of reply you understand?

If you have been watching Cardiff lately , I can assure you Scottish League 2 serves up better than what we watch.

jon1959
04-03-21, 18:33
4338. 4341

UNDERHILL1927
04-03-21, 18:36

This board is infested with stupid young P.C knobs . Is that the kind of reply you understand?

If you have been watching Cardiff lately , I can assure you Scottish League 2 serves up better than what we watch.

PC knobs because they don't agree with you. 🙄 You really are a miserable argumentative troll at times.

Jimmy the Jock
04-03-21, 18:43
PC knobs because they don't agree with you. �� You really are a miserable argumentative troll at times.

I dont mind people having a different point of view . Have a look at the comments in the post I was replying to.

Trolling because I have a different point of view to you and your silly friend?

My view stands . Women's football is a minority sport .

Show me big attendances instead of your childishness.

UNDERHILL1927
04-03-21, 19:21
I dont mind people having a different point of view . Have a look at the comments in the post I was replying to.

Trolling because I have a different point of view to you and your silly friend?

My view stands . Women's football is a minority sport .

Show me big attendances instead of your childishness.

You said, "no one watches it, at all". They obviously do, end of conversation.

StraightOuttaCanton
04-03-21, 20:10

Scottish Football🤣🤣🤣... Come on be serious... Other than 2 clubs (and for the last 10 years it’s been 1 club) it’s comparable to the League Of Wales... You’d have probably paid money to watch me play for Barry Town 35 years ago 😜

Jimmy the Jock
04-03-21, 20:17
Scottish Football������... Come on be serious... Other than 2 clubs (and for the last 10 years it’s been 1 club) it’s comparable to the League Of Wales... You’d have probably paid money to watch me play for Barry Town 35 years ago ��

Its 9

Its 9 :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Jimmy the Jock
04-03-21, 20:18
You said, "no one watches it, at all". They obviously do, end of conversation.

So exaggeration is banned?

Their families will be watching of course , and one or two friends.

UNDERHILL1927
04-03-21, 21:00
So exaggeration is banned?

Yes along with talking bollox and being an argumentative troll

Jimmy the Jock
04-03-21, 21:07
Yes along with talking bollox and being an argumentative troll

You are the message board police?

Well well , I know policeman can be stupid but you take the biscuit.

StraightOuttaCanton
04-03-21, 21:55
Its 9

Its 9 :hehe::hehe::hehe:

I know... but 10’s a much bigger wind up for the 🍊 amongst us 😜...

kendoddsdadsdogsdead
05-03-21, 06:40
didn't connahs quays knock out a scottish premier team in europe ..was it kilmarnock
..as for women's football..shove it

UNDERHILL1927
05-03-21, 07:42
You are the message board police?

Well well , I know policeman can be stupid but you take the biscuit.

I've no answer to your witty retorts, your intelligence dwarfs mine.

Stanmore Bluebird
05-03-21, 08:10

Just look above at the interest you started in this light hearted thread, Nick!

Hilts
05-03-21, 08:26
Add in American football. We will have baseball and basketball channels next.

Jimmy the Jock
05-03-21, 10:19
I know... but 10’s a much bigger wind up for the �� amongst us ��...

I dont mind a bit of wit though . Nor a different opinion to mine.

I always smile when the good people of this message board mock Scottish Football . Especially with the tripe we have been gobbling up since Wanker Warnock arrived.
My eyes were bleeding watching the Middlesbrough game.
I actually enjoy watching lower league football (Barry Town), its honest . Probably my former years watching Scottish Football :hehe:

Jimmy the Jock
05-03-21, 10:21
I've no answer to your witty retorts, your intelligence dwarfs mine.

At last ...

You knew that from the beginning but still you had to engage ? Sometimes I wonder.:thumbup:

DubaiDai
05-03-21, 14:58
But it has to start somewhere, doesn't it? We give opinions on here about football and are critical of Professional players when most of us can't kick a ball or have never played to a good standard. The women employed to do punditry are playing at their highest level and are implementing the highest standards possible within their game.

Sorry but huge difference. We are giving our opinions on a club message board not employed by Sky to participate on a panel of experts

StraightOuttaCanton
05-03-21, 17:23
I dont mind a bit of wit though . Nor a different opinion to mine.

I always smile when the good people of this message board mock Scottish Football . Especially with the tripe we have been gobbling up since Wanker Warnock arrived.
My eyes were bleeding watching the Middlesbrough game.
I actually enjoy watching lower league football (Barry Town), its honest . Probably my former years watching Scottish Football :hehe:

👍... good for you... and I’m with you... I don’t take this stuff seriously... I’d happily talk bollocks to you about it if I struck up a face to face conversation with you in a pub🤣

Jimmy the Jock
05-03-21, 19:02
👍... good for you... and I’m with you... I don’t take this stuff seriously... I’d happily talk bollocks to you about it if I struck up a face to face conversation with you in a pub🤣

:thumbup: spot on. There are plenty people who know me on here, whatever I say on here they would agree I would say the same in real life . I may enjoy a bit of a wind up on from time to time though.

Funnily enough The Womans Football Show was preceding our game on Sky. I watched it fascinated , especially the bit where they danced with a football to music.
I cant wait for next weeks show .

kendoddsdadsdogsdead
05-03-21, 20:46
:thumbup: spot on. There are plenty people who know me on here, whatever I say on here they would agree I would say the same in real life . I may enjoy a bit of a wind up on from time to time though.

Funnily enough The Womans Football Show was preceding our game on Sky. I watched it fascinated , especially the bit where they danced with a football to music.
I cant wait for next weeks show .

..I noticed that..utter shit

Croesy Blue
05-03-21, 20:51

What has PC got to do with anything? What is it with people always saying that when it has nothing to do with anything.

I don’t watch women’s football but I don’t understand why people get wound up by it, I honestly don’t notice it’s on. The only thing I can thing is they’re stuck in their ways and need something to moan about.

Croesy Blue
05-03-21, 20:54
More popular than the men’s :hehe:

Yeah righto. When all the men ****ed off to war maybe.

https://www.history.co.uk/article/when-women%25E2%2580%2599s-football-was-bigger-than-men%25E2%2580%2599s

The growth did start because of the war but it was then banned because the FA didn’t want it to over shadow the men’s game.

I don’t see if something can be artificially surprised like that but people moan about the women’s game trying to be grown when it’s doesn’t even affect them.

Jimmy the Jock
05-03-21, 21:01
What has PC got to do with anything? What is it with people always saying that when it has nothing to do with anything.

I don’t watch women’s football but I don’t understand why people get wound up by it, I honestly don’t notice it’s on. The only thing I can thing is they’re stuck in their ways and need something to moan about.

No one watches womens football. Including you .

Why do you feel the need to denigrate my opinion ?

Croesy Blue
05-03-21, 21:12
No one watches any football if you look at the sky viewing figures.

The woman’s game is growing and it’s good for young girls to have another sport to aspire to play

I feel the need to question your opinion because you presented in such a negative way. Sometimes we need to realise not everything is aimed at us and just because we don’t enjoy it, we don’t need to be ***** about it.

Wash DC Blue
05-03-21, 21:22
No one watches any football if you look at the sky viewing figures.

The woman’s game is growing and it’s good for young girls to have another sport to aspire to play

I feel the need to question your opinion because you presented in such a negative way. Sometimes we need to realise not everything is aimed at us and just because we don’t enjoy it, we don’t need to be ***** about it.

You are an intersectionalist.
Simple as that.

What is wrong in saying that women’s Football is shit?
It’s stating a fact...but it goes against your clear intersectional scope creep.

You were called out quite correctly by Jimmy The Jock.

Croesy Blue
05-03-21, 21:29
Was anyone talking about the quality of women’s football though? People were saying it should have its own channel and it shouldn’t be mentioned in sports news.

All I’m saying is what’s the point in moaning about it and trying to suppress something that obviously has such a positive affect and can easily be avoided unless you’re going out of your way to find it.

I think you’ve come in with an opinion and not bothered to read the thread.

Croesy Blue
05-03-21, 21:33
Can’t see one post about the quality of women’s football. I don’t think anyone is saying it’s anywhere near the standard of the men’s game but I don’t see how that matters.

Wash DC Blue
05-03-21, 21:45
Was anyone talking about the quality of women’s football though? People were saying it should have its own channel and it shouldn’t be mentioned in sports news.

All I’m saying is what’s the point in moaning about it and trying to suppress something that obviously has such a positive affect and can easily be avoided unless you’re going out of your way to find it.

I think you’ve come in with an opinion and not bothered to read the thread.

Ok.
I have now....
It’s awful and would really be lucky to have a section at the end of loose women if this intersectionial nonsense wasn’t being pushed.

It’s not mainstream and never will be.

Croesy Blue
05-03-21, 21:49
Ok.
I have now....
It’s awful and would really be lucky to have a section at the end of loose women if this intersectionial nonsense wasn’t being pushed.

It’s not mainstream and never will be.

I don’t think anyone is saying it’s going to be mainstream are they.

Plenty of things on tv aren’t mainstream.

Again I’m struggling to see the problem with women’s football being on TV and I’m struggling to see what your problem with it is.

I think everyone agrees quality wise it’s not on the same planet as men’s football.

I think everyone agrees it’s much much less popular than men’s football.

But do you think that means shouldn’t exist? Or shouldn’t be on sky sports?

But there is an audience for it and the game is definitely more popular than it was 10 years and growing in popularity.

Saying it’s intersectional seems like you’re trying to come at it from a political point of view. Not everything is so black and white.

Wash DC Blue
05-03-21, 22:09
Saying it’s intersectional seems like you’re trying to come at it from a political point of view. Not everything is so black and white.

Well I am, or at least from a societal point of view.
Simply because that’s how it seems to me.

Maybe you do have a point at my hypocrisy as I have always enjoyed women’s athletics, tennis and a ton of other sports at The Olympics...however the push for women’s football seems disingenuous to me and driven by a non sporting narrative.

Croesy Blue
05-03-21, 22:11
I don’t think you’re being a hypocrite, I think both views have merit. I just think in terms of young girls having another sport to play it’s a good thing and women’s football being on tv doesn’t really negatively affect anyone however it’s driven.

delmbox
05-03-21, 22:34
however the push for women’s football seems disingenuous to me and driven by a non sporting narrative.

What non sporting narrative though?

Trying to expand the sport? Can't see the issue.

Spreading the joy that football brings to a predominately male audience, to a different one? Can't see the issue.

Political correctness gone mad? Easily avoided, don't watch it.

Trying to make more money? If you're kicking off about that then bin following the whole sport.

I don't understand the animosity. If women's football isn't for you don't watch women's football. Darts isn't for me, I don't get angry about its existence in life or on Sky. I'm not saying you yourself necessarily get "angry" about it by the way, but it seems to peeve people in a very weird way when it doesn't need to. Don't watch it, don't read about it, the choice is yours :thumbup:

Jimmy the Jock
05-03-21, 22:36

Spreading the joy that football brings to a predominately male audience, to a different one? Can't see the issue.

Trying to make more money? If you're kicking off about that then bin following the whole sport.

I don't understand the animosity. If women's football isn't for you don't watch women's football. Darts isn't for me, I don't get angry about its existence in life or on Sky. I'm not saying you yourself necessarily get "angry" about it by the way, but it seems to peeve people in a very weird way when it doesn't need to. Don't watch it, don't read about it, the choice is yours :thumbup:

Would you be irritated if you had darts integrated within the major football news and results?

Wash DC Blue
05-03-21, 22:40
I don’t think you’re being a hypocrite, I think both views have merit. I just think in terms of young girls having another sport to play it’s a good thing and women’s football being on tv doesn’t really negatively affect anyone however it’s driven.

Fair enough, but here’s my last attempt at trying to put my point across.
I firmly believe that Women’s Football coverage on television is more than just covering a minority sport or a curiosity like say Channel 4 did with American Football in the 80’s, Kabaddi in the early 90’s or even John Wilson’s “Gone Fishing”.
It’s being pushed at an unnatural pace along with the introduction of female commentators.

There is definitely a narrative, one that sits uncomfortably with me...but as we all know “The Times, they are a changing”.

delmbox
05-03-21, 22:45
Would you be irritated if you had darts integrated within the major football news and results?

Personally I never sit down and think, "great I'm going to watch all the the major football news and results now, there'd better be no interruptions by something I don't care about." If I've missed it I'll pop on a website and check the City score. If I want to see other football news I'll click on it. If women's football is at the top, I'll scroll by it and find the bit I'm interested in. Life doesn't need to be hard

MOZZER2
05-03-21, 22:45
wish this thread was about futsal a far better watch !

a classic from the 2012 world cup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWEmFH6C3GQ

Wash DC Blue
05-03-21, 22:51
Personally I never sit down and think, "great I'm going to watch all the the major football news and results now, there'd better be no interruptions by something I don't care about." If I've missed it I'll pop on a website and check the City score. If I want to see other football news I'll click on it. If women's football is at the top, I'll scroll by it and find the bit I'm interested in. Life doesn't need to be hard

You don’t like tradition do you?
I’d also guess that you actually have a high level of disdain for The UK.

Strange how such assertations can be made from posts like this...but I’d stand by it.

Jimmy the Jock
05-03-21, 23:00

its a clever answer at best .

No one wants their TV program spoilt by something they have no interest in.

I am not anti womens football , I have tried to find an interest in it (did you with the darts)

It can be on anywhere that I don't have to be forced to pretend to be interested in it . Isn't that fair enough?

Wash DC Blue
05-03-21, 23:03

Simp
Cuck

The choice is yours 👍

delmbox
05-03-21, 23:06
It can be on anywhere that I don't have to be forced to pretend to be interested in it . Isn't that fair enough?

I think where we disagree (apart from about how good Peugot 206's are) is that I don't think that it being on anywhere forces you to pretend to be interested in it. But let's agree to disagree and I'll accept your Peugot apology whenever you're ready.

delmbox
05-03-21, 23:08
Simp
Cuck

The choice is yours ��

Cool. If you can be arsed, try again when you've got an actual answer to some reasonable points, politely made :thumbup:

Jimmy the Jock
05-03-21, 23:12
I think where we disagree (apart from about how good Peugot 206's are) is that I don't think that it being on anywhere forces you to pretend to be interested in it. But let's agree to disagree and I'll accept your Peugot apology whenever you're ready.

Do you mean a Peugeot?

Great car as is your Suzuki.

So you win.:thumbup:

delmbox
05-03-21, 23:17
Do you mean a Peugeot?

Great car as is your Suzuki.

So you win.:thumbup:

A car so good it doesn't matter about the spelling :hehe:

Wash DC Blue
05-03-21, 23:42
Cool. If you can be arsed, try again when you've got an actual answer to some reasonable points, politely made :thumbup:

You do hate tradition and The UK though, don’t you?
Probably never contemplated Welsh or Scottish independence until after Brexit and now fervently for it....probably.

Tuerto
06-03-21, 00:00
Probably never contemplated Welsh or Scottish independence until after Brexit and now fervently for it....probably.

:shrug:

Wash DC Blue
06-03-21, 00:08
:shrug:

You’re cut from the same identitarian cloth, so you can do one as well.

Croesy Blue
06-03-21, 00:11
I don’t know what media you’re consuming for your mind to gravitate to this sort of rubbish but it can’t be good for your mental health.

A lot of buzz words you are using are quite dog whistle too.

It’s all a bit far right disguised as intellectual.

Like wales-bales on crack sort of thing.

Croesy Blue
06-03-21, 00:13
No one wants their TV program spoilt by something they have no interest in.

Where is this honestly happening?

Not everything on tv is 100% aimed towards anyone. It’s why I’m selective of what I watch, I wouldn’t sit and watch something I’m not interested in.

Croesy Blue
06-03-21, 00:14
Simp
Cuck

The choice is yours 👍
Embarrassing

Croesy Blue
06-03-21, 00:16

Exactly sone people just want something to moan about, it’s rife on this board and it’s always about something that isn’t important.

People need to focus more on the positive aspect of things.

Wash DC Blue
06-03-21, 00:26

Do you realize the irony of what you just typed here?

Croesy Blue
06-03-21, 00:37
Do you know what dog whistle means?

Do you know what irony means?

Have you ever thought about just having an individual thought instead of using the right wing websites to guide your every thought.

“Hey you beta cuck simps don’t think women’s football on tv should be illegal, you’re leading us right into a Middle Eastern caliphate of globalist leftism propaganda!”

You’re an embarrassment

Wash DC Blue
06-03-21, 00:42
I don’t know what media you’re consuming for your mind to gravitate to this sort of rubbish but it can’t be good for your mental health.

What the Actual **** Makes you think I’m far right disguised as intellectual?
The fact that I have an opinion that is different to yours?

What is right (wing politically)?
What is Far Right...and how ****ing dare you elude to me being far right????

The problem is with people like you!!
Not me, not your average Joe in the street but ****ing people like you that create issues that needn’t be created.

I’ve said this before on here.
I’m working class left wing.
Blue Labour if you like.

I’m not a racist, a bigot,a homophobe or a xenophobe...but I will call out intersectional horseshit when I recognized it because I realise the damage it is doing!!

Wash DC Blue
06-03-21, 00:42
Do you know what dog whistle means?

Do you know what irony means?

Have you ever thought about just having an individual thought instead of using the right wing websites to guide your every thought.

“Hey you beta cuck simps don’t think women’s football on tv should be illegal, you’re leading us right into a Middle Eastern caliphate of globalist leftism propaganda!”

You’re an embarrassment

Wow!!

Croesy Blue
06-03-21, 00:43
Intersectional **** off mate we are saying there isn’t a problem with women’s football being on tv you soppy twat :hehe:

Tuerto
06-03-21, 00:44

Have a quick scan at what you've posted in this thread, i think that 'Identitarian' describes your views pretty well. Night sweetie......

Croesy Blue
06-03-21, 00:44
Wow!!
Shouldn’t you be on Reddit or 4chan calling someone a simp or a cuck? :hehe:

Tuerto
06-03-21, 00:45

University of Youtube.

Croesy Blue
06-03-21, 00:46
The problem is with people like you!!
Not me, not your average Joe in the street but ****ing people like you that create issues that needn’t be created.

Issues that needn’t be created? From the man saying women’s football shouldn’t be shown on tv because it’s only on because of intersectionalism:hehe:

Croesy Blue
06-03-21, 00:46
University of Youtube.

That’s exactly what it is, it’s embarrassing to read

Wash DC Blue
06-03-21, 00:52
Intersectional **** off mate we are saying there isn’t a problem with women’s football being on tv you soppy twat :hehe:

Go **** yourself you prick.
You owe me an apology which I will let go if you go and wise the **** up!!!

Croesy Blue
06-03-21, 00:55

Too busy laughing at this breakdown tbh :hehe:

Imagine your brain going from women’s football on tv isn’t bad to this! Be careful of consuming mind melting media

Tuerto
06-03-21, 00:55
Go **** yourself you prick.
You owe me an apology which I will let go if you go and wise the **** up!!!

You owe me one as well. Telling someone to 'Do one' can be quite hurtful. I'm waiting....

Wash DC Blue
06-03-21, 01:07
Believe this or not I genuinely dislike contributing to these type of threads.

Then the same characters start with the pile on with their predictable sanctimonious shit and can hardly help myself.

I did it the other week about Brexit and honestly felt awful the next morning upsetting people needlessly.

But you guys are unrelentless.
Everything is for ridicule unless it suits you.

Hypothetically, if I were to pick a video to watch that really highlights my issues with intersectionality...would you be willing to watch it and refrain from ad hominem attacks and usage of phrases like “dog whistle” or “gas lighting”?

Wash DC Blue
06-03-21, 01:10
You owe me one as well. Telling someone to 'Do one' can be quite hurtful. I'm waiting....

Certainly.
I’m sorry.

NYCBlue
06-03-21, 01:11
Can I just say that I'm all in favor of women's football, but it does irk me that it, and all of Europe comes before the Championship in Guardian?

If there's time?

Wash DC Blue
06-03-21, 01:16
Too busy laughing at this breakdown tbh :hehe:

Imagine your brain going from women’s football on tv isn’t bad to this! Be careful of consuming mind melting media

I find myself offering an olive branch in a good natured way to thinking what a smarmy cnut you are.

Tuerto
06-03-21, 01:16
Certainly.
I’m sorry.

I was only joking :hehe: Group Hug :thumbup:

Wash DC Blue
06-03-21, 01:25
Shouldn’t you be on Reddit or 4chan calling someone a simp or a cuck? :hehe:

I can swear on my Mothers Grave that I have not knowingly looked at 4chan in at least 8 years.

It confused me and didn’t strike me as anything political just a bad interface that I couldn’t grasp.

I looked at Reddit today.
Is it blacklisted?
Should I leave r/soccer for highlights?

Wash DC Blue
06-03-21, 01:27
I was only joking :hehe: Group Hug :thumbup:

Ok then!
😁

delmbox
06-03-21, 11:16

You hate the UK says man who's chosen to live in the US to man who chooses to live in the UK

Baloo
06-03-21, 12:23
Spurs v Arsenal women attracted a 10,000 higher attendance than Cardiff v Swansea men last season.