PDA

View Full Version : Bale is a Bluebird

Disco Des
10-03-21, 16:37
Surprised no one has mentioned this.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tottenham-star-gareth-bale-reveals-20030557

Rjk
10-03-21, 16:43
Still got a year left at Madrid hasn't he, perhaps after that we can entice him for a last hurrah here.

Jimmy the Jock
10-03-21, 17:15
Still got a year left at Madrid hasn't he, perhaps after that we can entice him for a last hurrah here.

Doesn't do it consistently enough for me .

Bit of a champagne Gareth.

There are questions about his ability to kick the ball really high as well.

The Hooded Claw
10-03-21, 17:18
Doesn't do it consistently enough for me .

Bit of a champagne Gareth.

There are questions about his ability to kick the ball really high as well.

Isn’t he good at headers, though?

Ianto13
10-03-21, 17:22
Surprised no one has mentioned this.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tottenham-star-gareth-bale-reveals-20030557

How did we miss out on Bale, a Cardiff boy whose Uncle Chris Pike played for us?

Jimmy the Jock
10-03-21, 17:25
Isn’t he good at headers, though?

Is that enough though ?

Rjk
10-03-21, 17:31
I thought he'd not been that good this season too, but looking at his stats he has 10 goals in all competitions from 1100 minutes. there can't be many with as high a hit rate as that

Ivortheengine
10-03-21, 21:38
How did we miss out on Bale, a Cardiff boy whose Uncle Chris Pike played for us?

Bale-Southampton. At the time they had a great reputation for producing good young players. The list is endless. Most of them went on to be successful.

AfricanBluebird
11-03-21, 06:06
I thought he'd not been that good this season too, but looking at his stats he has 10 goals in all competitions from 1100 minutes. there can't be many with as high a hit rate as that

I think its fair to say he had a slow start on his return to Spurs but over the last month he has rejuvenated their season.

The stats should also show 'pre-assists' because some of his long passes that lead to goals are just unbelievable

goats
11-03-21, 07:12
Thing is Bale might not have played for us (yet:hehe:) but is a Cardiff boy, Rodon wasn’t born in Swansea, he isn’t a Jack.

Rjk
11-03-21, 09:10
I think its fair to say he had a slow start on his return to Spurs but over the last month he has rejuvenated their season.

The stats should also show 'pre-assists' because some of his long passes that lead to goals are just unbelievable

He has the highest goal per 90 in the league, the highest goals + assists per 90, and the third highest xG + xA per 90 in the league.
Lets hope he's able to peak just in time for the euros

Jimmy the Jock
11-03-21, 11:35

Long balls ?

Maybe we could use him . No mention of high but that could be taught ?

Rjk
11-03-21, 12:02
Long balls ?

Maybe we could use him . No mention of high but that could be taught ?

he used to play as a left back, and has played as a winger.

bale is going to be our new wingback

goats
11-03-21, 14:42
he used to play as a left back, and has played as a winger.

bale is going to be our new wingback

He can’t wait to move back to his big house in the Vale I heard, he can play golf all day in his own garden

light up the darkness
11-03-21, 14:43

Did we hear any more about the sell on fee?

life on mars
11-03-21, 16:19
No thanks lets keep our side on a reasonable level when it comes to wages and appearances if he came and was earning a weekly fortune way above others , and only played in some matches , I worry others in the squad would not be best pleased

Disco Des
12-03-21, 07:41
No thanks lets keep our side on a reasonable level when it comes to wages and appearances if he came and was earning a weekly fortune way above others , and only played in some matches , I worry others in the squad would not be best pleased

Yeah **** having one of the best players in the world who's just admitted he a fan of the club play for us.

The Hooded Claw
12-03-21, 11:25
Do you think there might be something in the announcement about the golf clubs reopening? 😜