PDA

View Full Version : Chris Gunter 100th cap tomorrow

BlueArmy 86
26-03-21, 16:38
Such a shame fans cant be there to witness it. Amazing achievement. Fantastic servant.

Good article:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56525244

Cleve van Leef
26-03-21, 17:10
Well deserved.

surge
26-03-21, 17:16
Good article

Pearcey3
26-03-21, 17:29
Yep. A good read. He has always been there including during the really bad times. A great achievement and well deserved.

MacAdder
26-03-21, 20:00
Fair play to him, he's joining some legends of the game.

"When the 31-year-old full-back takes the field against Mexico in Saturday's friendly in Cardiff, he will follow in the footsteps of Wales' women internationals Jess Fishlock, Sophie Ingle and Loren Dykes in reaching that century mark"

:hehe:

As Cliff might sing, Congratulations CG :thumbup:

Forest Green Bluebird
27-03-21, 11:48
Such a shame fans cant be there to witness it. Amazing achievement. Fantastic servant.

Good article:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56525244

Chrissie Gunter - He's one of our own.

City - 33
Spurs - 16
Forest - 155
Reading - 314
Charlton - 32+

life on mars
27-03-21, 12:40
Great moment, seems a good lad , never forgive the City selling him so early in his caree,crazy we only gave him 33 chances in a City shirt ,we then off load to Spurs who give him a massive 16 appearances . Surely we could have better invested in him , kept him for a season or two more and then sold if he wanted to go, and we then gain a better fee.

life on mars
27-03-21, 12:41
Fair play to him, he's joining some legends of the game.

"When the 31-year-old full-back takes the field against Mexico in Saturday's friendly in Cardiff, he will follow in the footsteps of Wales' women internationals Jess Fishlock, Sophie Ingle and Loren Dykes in reaching that century mark"

:hehe:

As Cliff might sing, Congratulations CG :thumbup:

My god City fans are much behavoured these days, love the surnames

Shrewsbury Blue
27-03-21, 13:28
Great moment, seems a good lad , never forgive the City selling him so early in his caree,crazy we only gave him 33 chances in a City shirt ,we then off load to Spurs who give him a massive 16 appearances . Surely we could have better invested in him , kept him for a season or two more and then sold if he wanted to go, and we then gain a better fee.

It's was the days when Risdale was our chairman and we were completely strapped for cash and would sell any decent player we had. Rather suspect if we were not in fianancial trouble he would have played a few hundred games for us.

surge
27-03-21, 14:12
I like that Gunter is the first male player to do it. Not every Welsh footballer will be as amazing as Bale (record goal scorer) or Hennessey (record for clean sheets) who could be next in line for 100 caps but Gunter doing it first highlights the importance of being proud to play for Wales, consistently acting as a good professional and making the most out of your talent whatever your ceiling might be rather than story being predominantly about footballing genius.

the other bob wilson
27-03-21, 14:16
Wonder what the odds are on him scoring and I wonder what the odds are on him taking a penalty if we get one?

delmbox
27-03-21, 14:16
It's was the days when Risdale was our chairman and we were completely strapped for cash and would sell any decent player we had. Rather suspect if we were not in fianancial trouble he would have played a few hundred games for us.

Also who would have begrudged him a move to Spurs

Don Corleone
27-03-21, 16:08
I like that Gunter is the first male player to do it. Not every Welsh footballer will be as amazing as Bale (record goal scorer) or Hennessey (record for clean sheets) who could be next in line for 100 caps but Gunter doing it first highlights the importance of being proud to play for Wales, consistently acting as a good professional and making the most out of your talent whatever your ceiling might be rather than story being predominantly about footballing genius.

Yes, totally agree with this. Also what a moment when he put that cross in onto Vokes’s head against Belgium

Tuerto
27-03-21, 16:19

Spurs fans.

Pedro de la Rosa
27-03-21, 16:20
Wonder what the odds are on him scoring and I wonder what the odds are on him taking a penalty if we get one?

With Wilson, Bale and Moore on the pitch... what corner should Gunts put it in? :hehe:

Pedro de la Rosa
27-03-21, 16:23

Gunter rang up Coleman to tell him he wasn't injured to play a meaningless friendly in June 2014 against the Dutch. The bloke has been an absolute credit to himself, he's a genuine fan on the pitch.

blue matt
27-03-21, 22:03
Well done Gunts

i wonder if he has stayed how many games he would have player for us by now, close to 500 ? ? ? he is still a decent player

Cleve van Leef
28-03-21, 11:38
Spurs fans.

Smart arse. He was still a teenager then, so they wouldn’t have known much about him.

NYCBlue
28-03-21, 11:51

This.