PDA

View Full Version : What chance now of making the playoffs?

Eric the Half a Bee
10-04-21, 20:29
The obvious answer is none.

Statistically, it could be done, but I've yet to find a team overturning a 9 point deficit with 5 games to go in the Championship.

Last season Swansea overturned an 8 point deficit over the last 5 games. They only won 10 points from their last 5 games but Forest only won 2 points. Such a collapse is very rare. There was another in 2008/09, where a side won 1 point from their last 4 games and had a massive goal difference overturned, in what was probably the biggest collapse ever seen.

Bournemouth have a game in hand. If we overtook any side in the top 6 they would have suffered the greatest end of season collapse in this division's history, since the playoffs were formed.

You'll also notice that I haven't even touched on the possibility of us winning 5 on the trot.....

goats
10-04-21, 20:32
No chance, players have already booked holidays to Dubai

Eric the Half a Bee
10-04-21, 20:34
No chance, players have already booked holidays to Dubai

There are odds of 40/1 on City making the playoffs. For those who don't understand betting odds, that means for every pound spent betting on City making the playoffs, that's a pound lost.

19bluebirds27
10-04-21, 20:35
A win today would have made Friday interesting and with favourable run in would have kept the season alive.

Dead now as bad as we hope reading will be - we are incapable of picking up the points we need to pressure them.

valleys caveman
10-04-21, 20:43
There are odds of 40/1 on City making the playoffs. For those who don't understand betting odds, that means for every pound spent betting on City making the playoffs, that's a pound lost.

Paddypower offering 60/1 on City.

Swans 1/20
Barnsley 1/16
B'mouth 1/12
Brentford 1/10
Reading 9/4
Watford 4/1

Cardiff-Cal
10-04-21, 20:45
Such a collapse is very rare. There was another in 2008/09, where a side won 1 point from their last 4 games and had a massive goal difference overturned, in what was probably the biggest collapse ever seen.

Omg lol 😂 😂 ****ing embarrassing for whoever that is. Losers

NYCBlue
10-04-21, 20:47
Less than 1% apparently.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/championship/

NYCBlue
10-04-21, 20:48
Omg lol �� �� ****ing embarrassing for whoever that is. Losers

Imagine if it was us! And it became known as "doing a Cardiff". We'd never live it down.

Eric the Half a Bee
10-04-21, 21:02
Omg lol �� �� ****ing embarrassing for whoever that is. Losers

How I laughed at the time.

MacAdder
10-04-21, 21:22
Omg lol 😂 😂 ****ing embarrassing for whoever that is. Losers

I read Eric's very interesting post and thought, he's got all that information and didn't say who the side was.
Luckily for me, as I came on late, I scrolled down to this when the penny dropped! :facepalm:

It's been a long day :hehe:

Taunton Blue Genie
11-04-21, 07:03
I think that the most significant development will be what sort of players are brought in during the summer: are we aspiring to be a team that can play the ball or just retain the style that is more limited and less ambitious in the long term?

Pearcey3
11-04-21, 08:37
Cardiff’s season is done and I don’t think Reading are far behind.

chrisp_1927
11-04-21, 09:09
Shame the way it's fizzled out. 1 point from 3 very winnable games is a very poor return. Most of the playoff sides have had some dodgy form recently, unfortunately we couldn't capitalise

Ivortheengine
11-04-21, 15:52
More chance of striking a match on a dish of jelly

City123
11-04-21, 16:44
Shame the way it's fizzled out. 1 point from 3 very winnable games is a very poor return. Most of the playoff sides have had some dodgy form recently, unfortunately we couldn't capitalise
Very disappointing, had we held on yesterday and beaten one of Forest/Wednesday we'd be in with a decent shout going into the final 5 games which include Birmingham, Rotherham and Wycombe.

The Lone Gunman
11-04-21, 16:59
Very disappointing, had we held on yesterday and beaten one of Forest/Wednesday we'd be in with a decent shout going into the final 5 games which include Birmingham, Rotherham and Wycombe.

What you’re basically saying is that if City were a better team they’d be in a better position.

splott parker
11-04-21, 17:13
What you’re basically saying is that if City were a better team they’d be in a better position.

Perhaps his auntie really has got balls!!:-)

William Treseder
11-04-21, 17:56
Luckily , the vet has put us out of our misery with a big goodbye injection, so as we wouldn’t feel the pain of another play off failure.

xsnaggle
11-04-21, 18:02
I don't understand why the 'holiday' is always is Dubai. It's ****ing awful! If I had their money I'd go to much better places

A Quiet Monkfish
12-04-21, 13:16
I don't understand why the 'holiday' is always is Dubai. It's ****ing awful! If I had their money I'd go to much better places

Bling. Footballers [and their WAGS] LOVE bling.