30-04-21, 17:45
I loved a rave back in the day.

MOZZER2
30-04-21, 17:59
off they go again !

No socially distancing clubbing experiment tonight

Followed by 5000 ravers in Sefton Park this weekend

Scallies

just saw the live pictures absolutely mental the place is rammed surely too early for this type of club scene to happen :shrug:

i wonder if the local plod will pay a visit any time soon

SLUDGE FACTORY
30-04-21, 18:13

I didn't know you were a raver ?

SLUDGE FACTORY
30-04-21, 18:14
just saw the live pictures absolutely mental the place is rammed surely too early for this type of club scene to happen :shrug:

Its all been licensed officially apparently 😕

splott parker
30-04-21, 18:14

Thought it was all a sort of ‘guinea pig’ experiment. All tested beforehand, then tested after to see if there’s any spike. If it’s true, it’s what was needed, we need to break out at some stage.

splott parker
30-04-21, 18:15

Caver:shrug:

MOZZER2
30-04-21, 18:15
yeah just saw that too apparently it's a pilot scheme with 3,000 in attendance

had to have a covid test done ahead of entry

City123
30-04-21, 18:19
Hopefully all goes well and it can be another step back to normality :thumbup:

SLUDGE FACTORY
30-04-21, 18:31

Nothing is normal in Liverpool

valleys caveman
30-04-21, 19:07
Caver:shrug:

I've done a bit of both.

Raving was one of the best times of my life. I caught the tail end of when it was pretty much underground 89-91. After that, the 'club' scene rocked up. It wasn't for me.

I went caving a few times too. Would I recommend it - no. Would I go again - never.
I imagined caving would be a bit like Dan yr Ogof only with a with a smaller entrance and a bit cheaper. I was wrong. It was gruesome :hehe:

xsnaggle
30-04-21, 19:14
I think its good to see. With that and a couple of other events planned, if the test come back OK over the period it will be a big step forward.

blue matt
30-04-21, 19:50
got to make a move to get life back to normal at sometime

small steps, but we need to make them

I hope it doesnt all go wrong when we open up for Holidays abroad, personally, i think we should keep it limited, maybe just for the month of August just to keep it under review

goats
30-04-21, 19:50

Almost 30 years ago I started going to them....:old::old:

goats
30-04-21, 20:00
Thought it was all a sort of ‘guinea pig’ experiment. All tested beforehand, then tested after to see if there’s any spike. If it’s true, it’s what was needed, we need to break out at some stage.

Exactly....

valleys caveman
30-04-21, 20:05
Almost 30 years ago I started going to them....:old::old:

Great days, Goats. Would I do it all again? Not arf :-)

adz-a32
30-04-21, 20:05
got to make a move to get life back to normal at sometime

small steps, but we need to make them

I hope it doesnt all go wrong when we open up for Holidays abroad, personally, i think we should keep it limited, maybe just for the month of August just to keep it under review

thinly veiled “i booked a holiday to florida in august”

Tuerto
30-04-21, 21:09
Great days, Goats. Would I do it all again? Not arf :-)

Did you ever do any of the Travellers raves? Some of them were special..

valleys caveman
30-04-21, 21:21

Did a few around the Oxford area. An experience.
The cheaper the rave, the more I enjoyed it. Would quite often end up in a field with a big generator and 30 or so like minded idiots :hehe:

Jordi Culé
30-04-21, 21:27
off they go again !

No socially distancing clubbing experiment tonight

Followed by 5000 ravers in Sefton Park this weekend

Scallies

Cream or Graftons?

stan butler
30-04-21, 22:03
Cream or Graftons?

The Grafton theres a blast from the past :hehe:

stan butler
30-04-21, 22:04

Atleast if it all goes wrong they can blame someone else

SLUDGE FACTORY
30-04-21, 22:04
Cream or Graftons?

Both

051 was good too

Best clubs were on smithdown road with all the students

And a curry at 5 am

SLUDGE FACTORY
30-04-21, 22:05
Atleast if it all goes wrong they can blame someone else

he's off again

Good old stan

stan butler
01-05-21, 00:00
he's off again

Good old stan

I say it like it is like it or lump it. I don't follow the crowd i have my own opinions on everything :thumbup:

blue matt
01-05-21, 00:09
thinly veiled “i booked a holiday to florida in august”

got to start somewhere, August is a popular month for foreign holidays, if it was any other month we would be excluding the hard working teachers from the opportunity of holidays abroad, you are surely not saying that the teachers who have attempted to keep some normality for the children ( our future ) during the past year should be excluded from foreign hoildays are you Adz ? ? ?

stan butler
01-05-21, 00:12
he's off again

Good old stan

You love me really :wave:

NYCBlue
01-05-21, 00:58
I had my second vaccine yesterday. I still wouldn't fancy a club or a gig though. Everything is open here to a degree. New York opens fully on July 1st. Mind you, they only just announced they were stopping flights from India today. So, we'll see.

NYCBlue
01-05-21, 01:00
got to start somewhere, August is a popular month for foreign holidays, if it was any other month we would be excluding the hard working teachers from the opportunity of holidays abroad, you are surely not saying that the teachers who have attempted to keep some normality for the children ( our future ) during the past year should be excluded from foreign hoildays are you Adz ? ? ?

Florida has been open for months. Although, I can't say I'd fancy it in August. Hot as ****. Is August considered "off peak"? I remember a bar tender in Miami Beach once telling me that their busy season ended in May.

Wash DC Blue
01-05-21, 02:20
Florida has been open for months. Although, I can't say I'd fancy it in August. Hot as ****. Is August considered "off peak"? I remember a bar tender in Miami Beach once telling me that their busy season ended in May.

Hopefully moving down there this year.
Probably to Tampa/St Pete’s.

NYCBlue
01-05-21, 02:33

A friend of mine just spent 4 months down there. I'd love to be able to do 2 or 3 months every year. I'd prefer southern California, but it's too expensive.

NYCBlue
01-05-21, 02:35

Are you retiring down there? My wife and I have been looking at Savannah, GA. More expensive than I thought.

SLUDGE FACTORY
01-05-21, 05:18

Hot and Sticky

SLUDGE FACTORY
01-05-21, 05:20

You don't realise how big these american urban areas are

Tampa , St Petersburg?

Over 3 million people !

SLUDGE FACTORY
01-05-21, 05:25
A friend of mine just spent 4 months down there. I'd love to be able to do 2 or 3 months every year. I'd prefer southern California, but it's too expensive.

If I was going to live in the states I would choose California I think , great summers but cooler than Florida , Mississippi , Georgia , Swampland , far too oppressive down there

goats
01-05-21, 06:17

I went to castle morton, just for a night but that was nuts. There used to be quite a few smaller ones around cardiff, the wenault, Monmouth way. Used to drink in the four bars and you would always hear about one from the crusty crew in there.

goats
01-05-21, 06:28
You don't realise how big these american urban areas are

Tampa , St Petersburg?

Over 3 million people !

The gulf coast is great, albeit when I often go in October, still mid 80’s but not so humid. The sea was 85 degrees when I was there on Halloween in 2019.....Some lovely places and beaches the whole way down. Tampa doesnt have the feel of a big American city, it’s all spread out and pretty laid back.

Jordi Culé
01-05-21, 06:57
The Grafton theres a blast from the past :hehe:

Only place I’ve ever been sexually harassed and my teeth offered to be given back to me (after being removed) on a plate, it was fuucking brilliant:biggrin:

B. Oddie
01-05-21, 07:27

I'm not. I'm straight.

adz-a32
01-05-21, 09:27

I was messing around with my comment. :hehe:

Some families can’t afford a foreign holiday so we are very privileged to think of it as “normal”.

I do see benefits of travel, as I myself, have learnt a lot from travelling. However, personally I am not gonna travel abroad because I feel that I don’t want to be the guy bringing a new variant, and causing the whole mess again. Short term pain to pre-empt a potential long-term issue.

I understand that all of the stuff we have been (or not been, more like) doing is collective, and it may be naive to think everyone else is doing the same. But I reckon each person being careful and making sacrifices is helping out.

SLUDGE FACTORY
01-05-21, 12:02
I'm not. I'm straight.

I've got a girlfriend

UNDERHILL1927
01-05-21, 12:43

Exactly, let's move on with trials like this. Can't live in fear for ever.

Wash DC Blue
01-05-21, 13:03
Are you retiring down there? My wife and I have been looking at Savannah, GA. More expensive than I thought.

Well, 15 years off retirement but gearing towards it.
I’d like to retire in Wales...but we we will see on that.

Everything depends on my wife’s company giving the green light for employees to work remotely....then it’s on.

It’s the winters here that really make me want to move as they are just dire.

We are looking at Clearwater all the way down to Sarasota.

goats
01-05-21, 16:26

Everything depends on my wife’s company giving the green light for employees to work remotely....then it’s on.

Nice around Clearwater beach. Don’t know if I could live there, but it’s great for a few weeks.

Wash DC Blue
01-05-21, 17:08
Nice around Clearwater beach. Don’t know if I could live there, but it’s great for a few weeks.

Yeah I gather it’s a tourist spot.
My Brother in Law lives down there and recommends a little town just north of Clearwater Called Dunedin.

Think the plan is to rent down there for a year to figure out where suits us best.

B. Oddie
01-05-21, 18:00
I've got a girlfriend

I've got a wife...

goats
01-05-21, 18:03
Yeah I gather it’s a tourist spot.
My Brother in Law lives down there and recommends a little town just north of Clearwater Called Dunedin.

Think the plan is to rent down there for a year to figure out where suits us best.

It’s a slow pace of life if that’s what your after, old Canadians and Yanks everywhere. If your under 60 you will feel young

Wash DC Blue
01-05-21, 18:14
It’s a slow pace of life if that’s what your after, old Canadians and Yanks everywhere. If your under 60 you will feel young

Like on here 😁

blue matt
03-05-21, 16:40
I was messing around with my comment. :hehe:

Some families can’t afford a foreign holiday so we are very privileged to think of it as “normal”.

I do see benefits of travel, as I myself, have learnt a lot from travelling. However, personally I am not gonna travel abroad because I feel that I don’t want to be the guy bringing a new variant, and causing the whole mess again. Short term pain to pre-empt a potential long-term issue.

I understand that all of the stuff we have been (or not been, more like) doing is collective, and it may be naive to think everyone else is doing the same. But I reckon each person being careful and making sacrifices is helping out.

to be fair, my reply was in humour adz, i found it a little humorous i could deflect from the fact that you were right, i have a Florida holiday booked for August ( 4th to the 29th ) with my post

its my 50th birthday celebration trip, so we were going to pull out all the stops on it

blue matt
03-05-21, 16:45

you are right about Fla being open, its been normal for months now, they are about to ( or just have ) dropped wearing face masks outside in certain area's of Fla

1st week of August is fairly peak still, some US schools are still on holiday, but you do see a massive drop in numbers after the 1st week of Aug,

blue matt
03-05-21, 16:50

We have friends who live on Anna Maria island, they love it

adz-a32
03-05-21, 17:05
to be fair, my reply was in humour adz, i found it a little humorous i could deflect from the fact that you were right, i have a Florida holiday booked for August ( 4th to the 29th ) with my post

its my 50th birthday celebration trip, so we were going to pull out all the stops on it

i got it right hahaha! enjoy it man! pop a bottle of champagne for me!

SLUDGE FACTORY
03-05-21, 17:07
I've got a wife...

Don't draw a penis on my back !

Wash DC Blue
03-05-21, 17:31
We have friends who live on Anna Maria island, they love it

Anna Maria Island is ACE!
With the exception of the sharks.
Did swim with wild manatees there though.

blue matt
03-05-21, 17:50
i got it right hahaha! enjoy it man! pop a bottle of champagne for me!

:thumbup::hehe:

my plan is a speciality cocktail a day for the trip, i thought thats a decent way to mark the occasion, oh and staying in disneys grand Floridian hotel for a few days ( somewhere i have always wanted to stay )

blue matt
03-05-21, 18:05
Anna Maria Island is ACE!
With the exception of the sharks.
Did swim with wild manatees there though.

they semi-retired to AMI, they have a business in the UK and pop over to have a few meetings, but mainly stay in AMI or winter park ( where they have another home for orlando parks

Wash DC Blue
03-05-21, 19:27
Close to booking a 3 month extended stay in St Pete’s to explore the area a bit.

Taffy Blue in Berkshire
03-05-21, 19:58

normality? Liverpool?

Shrewsbury Blue
03-05-21, 20:30
I have learned very little about nightclubs in Liverpool from this thread entitled nightclubs in Liverpool.

splott parker
03-05-21, 20:59
I have learned very little about nightclubs in Liverpool from this thread entitled nightclubs in Liverpool.

You wanna have five minutes on the ‘Interesting Birmingham/ sausage roll/toilet roll’ thread:hehe:

stan butler
03-05-21, 21:40
You wanna have five minutes on the ‘Interesting Birmingham/ sausage roll/toilet roll’ thread:hehe:

It even brings back the days of toilet torture with memories of tracing paper spreading shite across your arse cheeks :hehe::hehe: