PDA

View Full Version : Do you swear more than you did five years ago?

the other bob wilson
10-06-21, 12:03
Don’t think I do, but I’d say that quite a few of the fifty five plus age group may be telling the odd perkier when it comes to answering some of the other questions.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/jun/10/swearing-on-rise-but-parents-still-dont-want-kids-hearing-it-report-finds

splott parker
10-06-21, 12:10
The phrase ‘Up ya bum’ was uttered on Coronation St the other night, I nearly fell out of my bath chair!!

WJ99mobile
10-06-21, 12:41
My language is getting worse and I hate it

adz-a32
10-06-21, 12:56
**** yeah

Blue Dwr
10-06-21, 14:14
Times have changed. I used to get really get really pissed off that I was knicked as a 14 yo for calling a Jack a w@anker outside NP in 1978, when nowadays you hear the same or much worse on TV. :old:

Taunton Blue Genie
10-06-21, 14:43
In the interests of civility and good etiquette may I suggest some alternatives to the vulgar epithets that my fellow posters way wish to pare back on. Here a few to start you off....

C**t > cad
Bast**d > bounder
W**ker > ne'er do well
Pr*ck > poltroon
F**k me = my postillion has been hit by lightning

The Bloop
10-06-21, 14:57
In the interests of civility and good etiquette may I suggest some alternatives to the vulgar epithets that my fellow posters way wish to pare back on. Here a few to start you off....

C**t > cad
Bast**d > bounder
W**ker > ne'er do well
Pr*ck > poltroon

Those alternatives look like a list of acceptable insults theyd use in a daytime Australian soap

Taunton Blue Genie
10-06-21, 15:04
Those alternatives look like a list of acceptable insults theyd use in a daytime Australian soap

You have retired, I take it :-)

tforturton
10-06-21, 17:22
Yes. I blame my kids.

bobh
10-06-21, 19:38
Yes. I blame my kids.

This.
I never swore in front of my parents, but my grown-up lads do in front of me.
And my daughter introduced me and the mrs to "cards against humanity" :yikes:

Des Parrot
10-06-21, 21:18
Fortunately not, brought up in a non swearing family and pleased to say the kids follow suit (at least in our presence).

“Don’t say bloody, it’s not a swear word, oh yes it is” has been a regular conversation over the years.

Helen Wiggy
10-06-21, 21:39
No more, no less. My language has always been filthy.

jeepster
10-06-21, 22:07
No more, no less. My language has always been filthy.

:thumbup:

jimmyscoular
11-06-21, 03:34

C**t > cad
Bast**d > bounder
W**ker > ne'er do well
Pr*ck > poltroon

I have always rather liked "blackguard," pronounced, I think, "blaggard."

SLUDGE FACTORY
11-06-21, 20:41
I quite like a woman with a potty mouth

splott parker
11-06-21, 20:57
I quite like a woman with a potty mouth