PDA

View Full Version : Lee Peltier signs for Middlesbrough

Michael Morris
02-07-21, 11:49
Neil Warnock has made Peltier his 4th signing so far.

They have also signed striker Uche Ikpeazu from Wycombe Wanderers, keeper Joe Lumley from QPR and another old Bluebird Sammy Ameobi.

life on mars
02-07-21, 11:51
I loved Pelt's my type of old skool defender

Rock_Flock_of_Five
02-07-21, 12:06
I loved Pelt's my type of old skool defender

He knew his strengths and limitations. He was hard, but fair. As you say, he's proper 'old skool'.

dml1954
02-07-21, 13:05
Good servant in his day for us but he is well over 34 now. Past his best and something to bear in mind when we play Boro - assuming he is still in the team by then of course. He has also only played a handful of first team games in the last two years.

LeningradCowboy
02-07-21, 13:13
Warnock signing his old favourites as usual.

Rjk
02-07-21, 13:15
Peltier would probably be a decent shout to be part of a bak 3 in a 3-4-3 formation.

Not for us though, he's 34

Enoch Mort
02-07-21, 13:55
No prizes for guessing who Lee Peltier's agent is !

Shrewsbury Blue
02-07-21, 14:25
Neil Warnock has made Peltier his 4th signing so far.

They have also signed striker Uche Ikpeazu from Wycombe Wanderers, keeper Joe Lumley from QPR and another old Bluebird Sammy Ameobi.

Would not really want any of that lot. Peltier good in his day too old now, lkpeazu lower division striker with an indifferent scoring record,Ameobi ok but nothing special,never heard of the other guy.

Bald Barry Bastad
02-07-21, 14:39
Wouldn't have faith in any of those signings based on his form for signing players.

2b2bdoo
02-07-21, 14:41
I can't imagine Ameobi being a Warnock type player.

Peltier on a free for how Warnock wants to set up is ideal tho.

splott parker
02-07-21, 14:50
Good Luck Pelts, four or five year deal was it?

blue matt
02-07-21, 14:53
No prizes for guessing who Lee Peltier's agent is !

Ooooooh a like guessing games

Has he got the 1st name of " James " ? ? ?

The Hooded Claw
02-07-21, 14:53

Potential Young Player of The Year for Boro?

Tuerto
02-07-21, 15:10
Good servant in his day for us but he is well over 34 now. Past his best and something to bear in mind when we play Boro - assuming he is still in the team by then of course. He has also only played a handful of first team games in the last two years.

Agree with that, although there are a few factors to consider. He never relied on pace, he wasn't slow but he didn't have a turn of pace. He wont be getting forward in a warnock side, rarely are fullbacks left 1on 1 in a warnock side either, as he likes his wide men to double up in that position when defending. Peltier is very fit. I certainly wouldn't want him, but ask him to defend and that's what he'll do.

Tuerto
02-07-21, 15:11

With an option to extend...

dml1954
02-07-21, 15:11
Wouldn't have faith in any of those signings based on his form for signing players.

You mean like Hoilett and Bamba on frees, I suppose .

Bald Barry Bastad
02-07-21, 15:25

I was expecting this answer. Conveniently forget all the transfers where he completely wasted tans money

The Hooded Claw
02-07-21, 15:37

They were a bit younger.

the other bob wilson
02-07-21, 16:21
He knew his strengths and limitations. He was hard, but fair. As you say, he's proper 'old skool'.

Well, he was hard.

Tuerto
02-07-21, 18:02
Well, he was hard.

:hehe:

AfricanBluebird
02-07-21, 18:52
I liked Pelts for us, but very happy with Ng and Sang

Uche Ikpeazu - poor goalscoring record but has something about him. He surely can't be more than a back up player.

Joe Lumley .. decent enough keeper. No where near the quality of our two current first team keepers though.

Sammy Ameobi - very sporadic form. Scary when moving forward with the ball but doesn't do it consistently enough. Not sure he will like the Warnock style.

Overall I wouldn't have been particularly happy if we had signed any of these.

Saying that we do need to add some pace and flair in midfield / attack pretty soon.

willo1927
02-07-21, 19:46
Would not really want any of that lot. Peltier good in his day too old now, lkpeazu lower division striker with an indifferent scoring record,Ameobi ok but nothing special,never heard of the other guy.

Ikpeazu looks a handful
Wouldn't mind him

binman
02-07-21, 20:32
I'm no football expert but Sammy Ameobi is an utterly dreadful player