13-07-21, 21:37
Miserable git 😆

I defy anyone to be sleeping well on Friday night

Its going to be like the Greek Islands

xsnaggle
13-07-21, 21:43
F**king yes, heatwave, bring it on, hope it's 27 until next January

Come on, make your mind up.
Do you want a heatwave or a temperature of 27 ? Ya can't 'ave it both ways. :shrug:

willo1927
13-07-21, 21:45
I defy anyone to be sleeping well on Friday night

Its going to be like the Greek Islands

No problem
Window open
Boll#cks out
Lovely

az city
13-07-21, 22:06
No problem
Window open
Boll#cks out
Lovely

Bollocks out the window?

I'm calling the cops now...

willo1927
13-07-21, 22:33
Bollocks out the window?

Got a couple of widows either side of me
Like to treat them now and again 😆

NYCBlue
13-07-21, 22:50
I can't bear weather like this

Bring on October

Sludge. You have no idea. Overnight low of 72 tonight with 95% humidity. Thank **** for AC. As for what AZ City is going through right now I can't even imagine. It's 120 every day!

xsnaggle
13-07-21, 22:51
Just remember, when it is too hot outside keep your windows closed in the daytime!

xsnaggle
13-07-21, 22:53
Sludge. You have no idea. Overnight low of 72 tonight with 95% humidity. Thank **** for AC. As for what AZ City is going through right now I can't even imagine. It's 120 every day!

I agree about AC, it's wonderful, i have it in my house.
trouble is my house is 3,000 fecking miles away. :frown:

SLUDGE FACTORY
14-07-21, 05:05

Thats why I like the UK

Summers are usually bearable

Winters never that cold

New York ?

Jesus

splott parker
14-07-21, 09:22
Hate it too hot in work, it’s like working two days in one. Boiling hot weather is for cold Strongbow not physical work.

cityhammer
14-07-21, 12:17
Bollocks out the window?

Reminds me of a famous gag, true story, from Ricky Gervais about the Terence Higgins Trust!

life on mars
14-07-21, 12:20

Bring on October

Tips:
Warm shower ( not cold ) before bed , drink lost of cold water , use natural fibre bedding i.e. pure cotton , wear light natural fibre underwear , don't go full commando .

light up the darkness
14-07-21, 13:01
Reminds me of a famous gag, true story, from Ricky Gervais about the Terence Higgins Trust!

https://youtu.be/AKmDy4IW12A

delmbox
14-07-21, 13:14
Come on, make your mind up.
Do you want a heatwave or a temperature of 27 ? Ya can't 'ave it both ways. :shrug:

Yes yes xsnaggle has been in FAR hotter temperatures than 27. Guess what, we all have!

But the average annual temperature in this country last year was 9.62 degrees, it's therefore extremely reasonably to class 27 degrees as a heatwave.

xsnaggle
14-07-21, 16:34
Yes yes xsnaggle has been in FAR hotter temperatures than 27. Guess what, we all have!

But the average annual temperature in this country last year was 9.62 degrees, it's therefore extremely reasonably to class 27 degrees as a heatwave.
Yeah but no but yeah but..... summer in this country is normally split with the odd week here and there in between the 9 degrees. Lol

dembethewarrior
14-07-21, 16:58
Yeah but no but yeah but..... summer in this country is normally split with the odd week here and there in between the 9 degrees. Lol

Wouldn't a heatwave be be based on all year round temperatures?

Not "well it's usually 24 in the summer so 27 really isn't a heatwave.."

The UK really isn't that warm, so 27 being classed as a heatwave here is fine imo

SLUDGE FACTORY
14-07-21, 19:37
Tips:
Warm shower ( not cold ) before bed , drink lost of cold water , use natural fibre bedding i.e. pure cotton , wear light natural fibre underwear , don't go full commando .

Rubber boxers and a strap on

az city
15-07-21, 00:01
Got a couple of widows either side of me
Like to treat them now and again ��

I have visions of you on a dais swinging a pair the size of Wayne Rooney's from window to window.

az city
15-07-21, 00:04

Yeah last night was bad. We had a heavy storm overnight and I woke up to 85 and 79% humidity. I went out on to the patio, sat down to enjoy my morning cuppa and did my laundry while wearing it.

City123
15-07-21, 08:43

Bring on October
Fully agree. Played 5 a side last night it was horrible in the heat!

UNDERHILL1927
15-07-21, 11:52

Bring on October

You're particularly moany recently Sludge. You ok Hun?

Tuerto
15-07-21, 16:26
Fully agree. Played 5 a side last night it was horrible in the heat!

:hehe: stand in the centre of the pitch and just spray passes about. Jan Molby had the right idea.

Rjk
15-07-21, 16:35
F**king yes, heatwave, bring it on, hope it's 27 until next January

I can't believe people are arguing whether it staying 27 degrees until January would count as a heatwave

bobh
15-07-21, 16:53
We had a shedload of rain in the last few weeks.
If this "heatwave continues, they'll be declaring a drought!

delmbox
15-07-21, 16:56
I can't believe people are arguing whether it staying 27 degrees until January would count as a heatwave

you could put xsnaggle on Mars alone and he'd argue about something :hehe:

splott parker
15-07-21, 17:01

Spot on, ‘Theyre not as big as when we were kids, same as Wagon Wheels’.

UNDERHILL1927
15-07-21, 18:33

SLUDGE FACTORY
16-07-21, 20:07
Even hotter this weekend

Nightmare

xsnaggle
16-07-21, 21:35
Wouldn't a heatwave be be based on all year round temperatures?

Not "well it's usually 24 in the summer so 27 really isn't a heatwave.."

The UK really isn't that warm, so 27 being classed as a heatwave here is fine imo

Jeees! It was meant as a funny not anything serious!
Help Cyril! Remind me of the colour codes!

xsnaggle
16-07-21, 22:35

Oh no I wouldn't!

dembethewarrior
16-07-21, 22:48
Can't see page 2 of this thread, strange.

blue matt
17-07-21, 22:56
wheeled out our portable air con unit for the lounge, lovely and cool :thumbup:

got the 2nd one outside the bathroom window with 2 hoses feeding into the girls bedrooms, as the output is split its not as cold as the lounge, but it must knock 10 C off the temp, its pleasant, but as the unit is outside its silent in the rooms :thumbup:

Best 500 quid i spent at focus DIY ( it was that long ago )

I do fancy real plumbed in aircon, but the amount of hot weather we get just cannot justify it, my homemade tumble dryer hose splitter works ok, looks a little crap, but cant moan

xsnaggle
17-07-21, 23:16
wheeled out our portable air con unit for the lounge, lovely and cool :thumbup:

got the 2nd one outside the bathroom window with 2 hoses feeding into the girls bedrooms, as the output is split its not as cold as the lounge, but it must knock 10 C off the temp, its pleasant, but as the unit is outside its silent in the rooms :thumbup:

Best 500 quid i spent at focus DIY ( it was that long ago )

I do fancy real plumbed in aircon, but the amount of hot weather we get just cannot justify it, my homemade tumble dryer hose splitter works ok, looks a little crap, but cant moan

Proper aircon keeps you warm in cold weather as well as cool in hot weather.

MOZZER2
17-07-21, 23:22
was down porthcawl tonight was stinking hot in the beachcomber pub on the front but lovely air coming in from the sea made it bearable

will struggle to sleep tonight mind

Des Parrot
18-07-21, 07:18
34c here in Poland & horribly humid.

North Cardiff Blue
11-08-22, 13:42

Bring on October

It's getting nice now :thumbup:

And think of the energy savings if this can carry on until December :thumbup:

35 Saturday tidy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/cf14

Citizen's Nephew
11-08-22, 14:11
It's getting nice now :thumbup:

And think of the energy savings if this can carry on until December :thumbup:

35 Saturday tidy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/cf14

I know you're being flippant and I get that. Seriously though, I've already made the decision not to go on Saturday midday for health reasons and there are many vulnerable people who are suffering really badly in this heat. There's very little help and understanding from anyone. We have to suck it up and deal with it.

Colin'sReversibleHat
11-08-22, 14:19
I know you're being flippant and I get that. Seriously though, I've already made the decision not to go on Saturday midday for health reasons and there are many vulnerable people who are suffering really badly in this heat. There's very little help and understanding from anyone. We have to suck it up and deal with it.

Was thinking that earlier- crowd will be even more sparse than it usually would for a televised game in the school holidays due to people giving it a miss due to the extreme weather. Another reason I'm glad I've moved from the Ninian this season- they're gonna be absolutely baking, especially in the second half. Can't imagine for one second City doing anything as sensible as putting on free bottled water etc either.

Citizen's Nephew
11-08-22, 14:34
Was thinking that earlier- crowd will be even more sparse than it usually would for a televised game in the school holidays due to people giving it a miss due to the extreme weather. Another reason I'm glad I've moved from the Ninian this season- they're gonna be absolutely baking, especially in the second half. Can't imagine for one second City doing anything as sensible as putting on free bottled water etc either.

Sensible move from the Ninian this season with such an early start to it. You make a good point re. water. Not sure where or if there are any refill stations at our ground. At Sophia Gardens, there are refill stations all around the concourse.

Mrs Citizen checked the forecast for Saturday and it was supposed to be 30 degrees at 12:30 rising to 33 later in the afternoon. I'm already sat in a darkened room with two fans and suffering. It's hard tbh and my sleep and work patterns are all over the place. So yeah, this hot spell is difficult. No way could I make it on Saturday.

North Cardiff Blue
11-08-22, 14:55

Yes I was a bit, but personally I do like it.

We'll pay for this, when it starts raining in September October it won't stop till March!

Citizen's Nephew
11-08-22, 15:08
Yes I was a bit, but personally I do like it.

We'll pay for this, when it starts raining in September October it won't stop till March!

I used to love weather like this, but not in the UK. I worked in Barcelona for 12 months a while ago now, and am a big fan of the siesta (nap in the afternoon, not the car!).

stan butler
11-08-22, 22:11
Am i the only one that loves this weather.?: ayatollah:

NYCBlue
12-08-22, 11:49
29 today. It feels cool and breezy. Sweet relief.

UNDERHILL1927
15-08-22, 13:41
How are you doing today Sludge? Dancing around the garden in the rain?

North Cardiff Blue
15-08-22, 15:11

He'll be moaing it's too wet in a few days, flood warnings for tomorrow in Bridgend!

Organ Morgan.
15-08-22, 15:47

Please don't encourage him to complain about the weather. He could talk a glass eye to sleep when banging on about humidity.

Last time I saw him he was panting like a hound who had been out in the midday sun. However, it wasn't the heat that was affecting him, rather his arduous (pun intended) Tommy Tanking schedule. Someone half his age would find it challenging to unzip with the frequency he maintains.

UNDERHILL1927
15-08-22, 16:26
Please don't encourage him to complain about the weather. He could talk a glass eye to sleep when banging on about humidity.

Last time I saw him he was panting like a hound who had been out in the midday sun. However, it wasn't the heat that was affecting him, rather his arduous (pun intended) Tommy Tanking schedule. Someone half his age would find it challenging to unzip with the frequency he maintains.

My sincere apologies Mr Morgan