Set to be announced this week.

His dad can be a bluebird again now :hehe:

Sunnysideup
21-07-21, 12:49
Madrid??

the other bob wilson
21-07-21, 12:51
Madrid??

Are Rayo Vallecano looking for a new manager then?

BLUETIT
21-07-21, 12:51
Bet he wishes masks were compulsory all the time :hehe:

surge
21-07-21, 12:57
How confident are you in this?

ninian opinian
21-07-21, 13:03
How confident are you in this?

Rumours on Planet Swamp, Twitter etc.

surge
21-07-21, 13:09
Rumours on Planet Swamp, Twitter etc.

Emerging in press too now.

Managers with good stock are awfully quick to walk away if they think they're about to have a difficult season. Viera's made some good moves at Palace already but if his stock was higher he probably wouldn't have gone because of how much hard work there was to do there.

I wonder where Cooper will end up? Abroad would be a good challenge for him.

Toadstool
21-07-21, 13:09
Gylfi as player manager

cardiff55
21-07-21, 13:20
Gylfi as player manager

Or youth team coach?

Rjk
21-07-21, 13:33
smart move from cooper if true, he's taken them to the playoffs twice, both times with parachute payments and some loan moves that have worked out really well.
to do the same again with no parachute money will be more difficult, so may as well leave while your stick is high

Fatty Foggon
21-07-21, 13:37
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57918658?fbclid=IwAR1513n6doKHit659l5sH9pt8_38f0jd a1rAx7mD34UwLbepmeda0mLRX7Q

LeningradCowboy
21-07-21, 13:38
I hope they get relegated.

Jimmy the Jock
21-07-21, 13:52
Set to be announced this week.

His dad can be a bluebird again now :hehe:

I hope not .

AfricanBluebird
21-07-21, 14:00
I hope not .

Keith has always been a bluebird and Steve used to come and watch city with his dad.

To deny this when he got the jacks job was ridiculous.

I hope they go down.

Sadly they won't as they have a pretty good record at choosing managers.

the other bob wilson
21-07-21, 14:00
From forty odd miles away, it seems the jacks fans never really took to him - wonder if it had anything to do with his connections with Cardiff?

Hilts
21-07-21, 14:06
From forty odd miles away, it seems the jacks fans never really took to him - wonder if it had anything to do with his connections with Cardiff?

No they just have a deluded and toxic fan base.

light up the darkness
21-07-21, 14:08
Gylfi as player manager

Do they have a women’s team down west?

BLUETIT
21-07-21, 14:09
I hope not .

Totally agree with you James :thumbup:

is that worth £100 off :hehe:

The Hooded Claw
21-07-21, 14:18
It’s a shambolic way to run a club, when the season is almost upon us.
The players they’ve signed in the close season are going to be feeling just a bit demotivated after this!

Rjk
21-07-21, 14:27
pretty unfortunate timing for the swans though

surge
21-07-21, 14:29
What do the Jacks get by mutually agreeing to this? If he's under contract surely they can keep him?

As ever, football is big business now and keeps people in jobs. Pretty short-sighted to wish relegation on anyone especially a fellow Welsh team.

Rock_Flock_of_Five
21-07-21, 14:41
Keith has always been a bluebird and Steve used to come and watch city with his dad.

I hope they go down.

They do indeed have a good record when it comes to recruiting managers.
That trend has to end some time, surely?

Trigger
21-07-21, 15:07
What do the Jacks get by mutually agreeing to this? If he's under contract surely they can keep him?

As ever, football is big business now and keeps people in jobs. Pretty short-sighted to wish relegation on anyone especially a fellow Welsh team.

Well someone has to be relegated so someone can be promoted. Not that they will be in any trouble anyway, they always land on their amphibious looking feet manager wise.

cardiff55
21-07-21, 15:36
I don't think there's any official announcement yet?

But he has taken them to a Play Off semi and a PO Final in his two seasons. And yet the fans down there don't seem to like him, but judging by comments on their PlanetSwans message board they wouldn't ber happy with pep Guardiola!
As someone above says his stock is high so maybe he has something lined up?

As an employer, if you have an employee who doesn't want to be there it's best to let them go. They lose out on compensation, but no point having a manager who isn't fully committed. He certainly has proved he has the talent to spot good young players to bring in on loan and seems well connected in that area.

I'm sure something will be announced soon. Then I can start liking him again, as he is from Pontypridd and used to support Cardiff, just like his dad, who was a youth player at City in the 1960s.

Hilts
21-07-21, 15:36

This is a bit if a myth. Theyve made some poor choices as well. They go through managers pretty quickly.

Bradley , Clement , Guidolin , Carvahal , Monk.

From near useless to bang average there.

Sunnysideup
21-07-21, 15:43
I bet his next club is in the Prem 🤔

Its been emotional
21-07-21, 15:45
Good old Brad Bobley 🤣🤣🤣

life on mars
21-07-21, 15:45
who are we going to insult now or we past all that nastiness

MacAdder
21-07-21, 15:47
Good old Brad Bobley 🤣🤣🤣

Megnuts!!

Punxsutawney Phil
21-07-21, 15:48
I bet his next club is in the Prem ��

What about a replacement for Giggs?

BLUETIT
21-07-21, 15:52
What about a replacement for Giggs?

Can’t see anything wanting to shag Steve Cooper

WJ99mobile
21-07-21, 15:53

They already have had their odd crap manager and they’ve survived it. Bob Bradley the worst of the bunch really but like you said they’ve really appointed some good managers - Martinez probably one of the best managers the championship has seen

Punxsutawney Phil
21-07-21, 15:54
Can’t see anything wanting to shag Steve Cooper

Can't see there being a big queue at Giggs' door these days!!!

Hilts
21-07-21, 16:00
They already have had their odd crap manager and they’ve survived it. Bob Bradley the worst of the bunch really but like you said they’ve really appointed some good managers - Martinez probably one of the best managers the championship has seen

Martinez done a great job there. One of the greatest in the Championship not sure about that. Dont think hes got into the play offs.

stan butler
21-07-21, 16:30

Dirty Jack Bastard

Michael Morris
21-07-21, 17:23
Update from Swansea: Swansea City can confirm that head coach Steve Cooper has decided to leave the club.

That’s official enough.

Tuerto
21-07-21, 17:28
This is a bit if a myth. Theyve made some poor choices as well. They go through managers pretty quickly.

Bradley , Clement , Guidolin , Carvahal , Monk.

From near useless to bang average there.

Carvahal?

Tuerto
21-07-21, 17:31
Update from Swansea: Swansea City can confirm that head coach Steve Cooper has decided to leave the club.

That’s official enough.

It seems that their biggest Gripe is the style of play. Problem is with some of their fans is that they still refer to the 'Swansea Way' i suppose that they're hoping for another Rodgers or Martinez to pop their head through the door, although i think that they got lucky with Martinez, obviously an articulate and intelligent man, although cheap. Fair play with Rodgers, that was some fantastic recruitment.

SLUDGE FACTORY
21-07-21, 18:16
I would like to see them relegated to the wastelands of football

dembethewarrior
21-07-21, 18:19
He should stay.

Walk before he can run.

He ain't that great.

Rjk
21-07-21, 18:23
He should stay.

Walk before he can run.

He ain't that great.

He probably goes to a lower prem / big championship team from here. If he does well there then onto big things.

If he stays at swansea and they struggle then he's unlikely to get that kind of offer, he'd be to another middling championship team and have to do well again there to get a shot at a lower prem/top champ team.

You have to take these chances when they come along sometimes

Hilts
21-07-21, 18:30
Carvahal?

Carvalhal? Not sure on spelling.

goats
21-07-21, 18:30
Off to wigan is he?

dandywarhol
21-07-21, 18:35
Kevin Cullis

cyril evans awaydays
21-07-21, 18:45
Kevin Cullis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC2A1JuodfA

tforturton
21-07-21, 18:49
I suppose you could say that they gave him a couple of seasons to show he could take them back up, and though he came close, it didn't happen, so maybe it's time to move on. Cooper should get a decent job somewhere (looks like he's got one lined up), but I wonder who Swansea will bring in. Any bets on Robert Page?

Hilts
21-07-21, 19:04
I suppose you could say that they gave him a couple of seasons to show he could take them back up, and though he came close, it didn't happen, so maybe it's time to move on. Cooper should get a decent job somewhere (looks like he's got one lined up), but I wonder who Swansea will bring in. Any bets on Robert Page?

I think its safe to say it wont be Page.

Probably Cameron Toshack.

BLUETIT
21-07-21, 19:09
Another jack, Coleman

Bluebirdman Of Alcathays
21-07-21, 19:13
Kevin Cullis

Wasn't really given a chance. What was it? 45 minutes? That's no time to implement a strategy. #bringCullisback

G rangetown Blue
21-07-21, 22:39
They’re skint, so he’s off. Hopefully they will soon be back in the dungeon…..or lower.

dembethewarrior
22-07-21, 14:08
He probably goes to a lower prem / big championship team from here. If he does well there then onto big things.

If he stays at swansea and they struggle then he's unlikely to get that kind of offer, he'd be to another middling championship team and have to do well again there to get a shot at a lower prem/top champ team.

You have to take these chances when they come along sometimes

Agree.

Can't fault him for doing what he's done, from his pov it's a smart move.

Just don't think he's all that tbh.

Tuerto
22-07-21, 14:22
Agree.

Can't fault him for doing what he's done, from his pov it's a smart move.

Just don't think he's all that tbh.

Neither do i. His style and set up is very similar to Roy Hodgson, or he's certainly attempting to implement that kind of play. Everything is about shape to the point of wrist slashing, and pace out wide on the attack with one midfielder supporting in the final third. It 's all very disciplined and i'd say that it'll certainly keep an average team in the premier league for a good few years or a championship side challenging. It wont win you **** all though.

Jimmy the Jock
23-07-21, 03:00
Neither do i. His style and set up is very similar to Roy Hodgson, or he's certainly attempting to implement that kind of play. Everything is about shape to the point of wrist slashing, and pace out wide on the attack with one midfielder supporting in the final third. It 's all very disciplined and i'd say that it'll certainly keep an average team in the premier league for a good few years or a championship side challenging. It wont win you **** all though.

Yeah , Mick would show him a thing or two when it comes to tactics....
HOOF....

Jimmy the Jock
23-07-21, 03:04

I hope they go down.

He used to prowl round level 4 . It wasn't nice.

BLUETIT
23-07-21, 07:08

I hope they go down.

Talk about “rose tinted glasses”

Keith Cooper used Cardiff City, for his own advancement/gain, after he packed in refereeing.

Do you remember the phone in on Real Radio, well when they got into financial difficulties and couldn’t guarantee him his £80 fee, he packed it in,

Loves Cardiff City, my arse.

Take it you never seen him reffing us in the Welsh Cup.

Wormed his way into a job at Cardiff City, then forgot about all the people who helped get him there.