PDA

View Full Version : O/T Adding more seats to a Ford transit custom

Toadstool
30-07-21, 16:12
Guys anyone know who would be able to source and install an additional two seats in a transit custom behind the front bench. Most companies I’ve looked at in South Wales only seem to do VWs.
Many thanks for any help!

valleys caveman
30-07-21, 17:02
Maybe worth messaging Jimmy the Jock. He knows his onions.

Taunton Blue Genie
30-07-21, 17:03
Guys anyone know who would be able to source and install an additional two seats in a transit custom behind the front bench. Most companies I’ve looked at in South Wales only seem to do VWs.
Many thanks for any help!

Last year I bought a modest campervan that a previous owner had converted and he or she had created an arrangement so that the rock and roll bed (not my terminology!) had two seatbelts when it was arranged as a wide seat. However, I have just found out that my insurance only covers the number of seats in the Vehicle reg document and that the ones added are currently unusable as a seats when travelling. Something to bear in mind perhaps.

19bluebirds27
30-07-21, 19:24
Just be careful with regards to change of vehicle usage.
If you adding in windows and seats (especially a 3rd row) to a Panel Van then it’s classification could change from a commercial vehicle to a passenger carrying vehicle.
This will then be taxed on emissions.

Taunton Blue Genie
30-07-21, 20:06
Just be careful with regards to change of vehicle usage.
If you adding in windows and seats (especially a 3rd row) to a Panel Van then it’s classification could change from a commercial vehicle to a passenger carrying vehicle.
This will then be taxed on emissions.

Thanks for the exhaustive explanation.

19bluebirds27
30-07-21, 20:22
Thanks for the exhaustive explanation.

Your welcome bud.

Taunton Blue Genie
30-07-21, 21:42
Your welcome bud.

Exhaustive....

Toadstool
31-07-21, 06:12
Yes, I knew about the insurance thing - and also getting an MOT after seats are fitted. It’s just trying to find someone to do it - I don’t fancy drilling holes in a van floor myself! Knowing me I’d drill into
The fuel tank!

BLUETIT
31-07-21, 06:20
Yes, I knew about the insurance thing - and also getting an MOT after seats are fitted. It’s just trying to find someone to do it - I don’t fancy drilling holes in a van floor myself! Knowing me I’d drill into
The fuel tank!

That would be very draining

Jimmy the Jock
31-07-21, 06:58
The fuel tank!
We can do that for you if you are close to Cardiff. .
You are correct you have to be careful where you drill .

We will give you a courtesy vehicle for the day whilst we carry our the work .

Toadstool
31-07-21, 10:22
We can do that for you if you are close to Cardiff. .
You are correct you have to be careful where you drill .

We will give you a courtesy vehicle for the day whilst we carry our the work .
Thanks Jimmy - I’m in Cardiff.

splott parker
31-07-21, 10:28

He’s selling them now apparently :hehe:

BLUETIT
31-07-21, 10:49

Has he changed his name to Johnie ?

Jimmy the Jock
31-07-21, 11:18
Thanks Jimmy - I’m in Cardiff.

Give the garage a call on 02920 491933. They will book you in, get them to book you a courtesy vehicle . Tell them I sent you.
Probably have it for the day . Show them where you want the seats . They will check and make sure it feasible (nothing in the way) :thumbup:

Jimmy the Jock
31-07-21, 11:19

With the beyond meat burgers ...

splott parker
31-07-21, 12:09
With the beyond meat burgers ...

How’d it go last night? Ok?

Jimmy the Jock
31-07-21, 14:34
How’d it go last night? Ok?

Had our best day :thumbup:. Thanks Steve.

Time to catch up with a pint !

splott parker
31-07-21, 15:55
Had our best day :thumbup:. Thanks Steve.

Time to catch up with a pint !

Excellent:thumbup: Hopefully back to something like normality soon and I’ll hold you to that:thumbup: