PDA

View Full Version : Buying Tickets online - a membership number for everyone?!

JamesWales
16-08-21, 11:59
Sorry if this has already been posted - I suspect it has, but you seem to need to enter a Fan ID for every ticket now? Including for children?

If so, that's ridiculous. Is it the same buying from the ticket office, assuming thats open now?

Tuerto
16-08-21, 14:00
Sorry if this has already been posted - I suspect it has, but you seem to need to enter a Fan ID for every ticket now? Including for children?

If so, that's ridiculous. Is it the same buying from the ticket office, assuming thats open now?

I don't understand it.maybe it was necessary during the hooligan years, but not now, unless the club do it in order to store a person's details for whatever reason. Buying a ticket to watch the city shouldn't mean that you have to give details or subscribe to some form of membership. I wonder if it's the same with other clubs.

JamesWales
16-08-21, 15:52
I don't understand it.maybe it was necessary during the hooligan years, but not now, unless the club do it in order to store a person's details for whatever reason. Buying a ticket to watch the city shouldn't mean that you have to give details or subscribe to some form of membership. I wonder if it's the same with other clubs.

It does my head in. Just another little example of how phones and things just enslave you. I dont mind buying the tickets with a fan number, but why should my kids have to provide one. And what if Im buying tickets for mates and I dont know which one is going? What do we gain from this?

It will put people off going too. I sometimes feel these clubs just hand over control to technocrats with no real understanding of what being a football fan is.

Trigger
16-08-21, 15:57
How would you get a fan ID as a new fan?

BLUETIT
16-08-21, 15:58
How would you get a fan ID as a new fan?

Is a very good question !!!

JamesWales
16-08-21, 16:23
Its ridiculous isn't it. I can accept whoever is booking being registered and therefore there is a link of sorts for any trouble, or just for admin reasons etc.

It's totally unnecessary for every fan to be so though. This is essentially what Luton did in the 1980s. Why is it needed? And if it isnt, why ask for it?

Jordi Culé
17-08-21, 18:03
Its ridiculous isn't it. I can accept whoever is booking being registered and therefore there is a link of sorts for any trouble, or just for admin reasons etc.

It's totally unnecessary for every fan to be so though. This is essentially what Luton did in the 1980s. Why is it needed? And if it isnt, why ask for it?

I've experienced the same issue. I've had to create a City account for my 7 year old son and set up an individual email so I can purchase him a ticket.

Phucking ridiculous.

I'll be happily put right by anyone if there's another way to buy your kid a ticket online.