PDA

View Full Version : Club leaving it late to send out our cards !!!!

BLUETIT
17-08-21, 07:07
I know it’s only Tuesday, but shirley some season ticket cards should have been sent out by now ?

This, combined with the awkwardness of buying home (and away) tickets, it’s a wonder how we manage to attract new CUSTOMERS !

Sunnysideup
17-08-21, 07:11
Surely Shirley 😂👍

IanD
17-08-21, 07:40
I know it’s only Tuesday, but shirley some season ticket cards should have been sent out by now ?

This, combined with the awkwardness of buying home (and away) tickets, it’s a wonder how we manage to attract new CUSTOMERS !
As I understand it, the STs will be Barclays Visa, too, so they can be used to buy stuff and get customer loyalty points. Might there be a GDPR issue with thousands of City ST holders suddenly becoming Barclays customers? Or is Barclays just administering the system and not have access to personal details?

BLUETIT
17-08-21, 07:41
Surely Shirley ����

Me-thinks you’ve just been

Whoooooooooooooooooooooshed :hehe:

BLUETIT
17-08-21, 07:43
As I understand it, the STs will be Barclays Visa, too, so they can be used to buy stuff and get customer loyalty points. Might there be a GDPR issue with thousands of City ST holders suddenly becoming Barclays customers? Or is Barclays just administering the system and not have access to personal details?

Haven’t got a clue, all I wanna do is get access to CCS to watch a football match !!

The Bloop
17-08-21, 07:47
You could always download your ticket into your wallet 😉

bobh
17-08-21, 07:59
Me-thinks you’ve just been

Whoooooooooooooooooooooshed :hehe:

Give him a break, he only joined a couple of months ago.
Hasn't seen enough posts to realise that certain words and phrases are a running joke.
(shirley, pelanty, damp squid, escaped goat, etc)
He'll learn.

BLUETIT
17-08-21, 07:59
You could always download your ticket into your wallet ��

And here/in, is the problem (joke or not) !!

This is not a one off ticket purchase, to see some poxy band playing guitars !

This to some, is their life ! Supporting Cardiff City is not just some clicking of buttons to buy a ticket.

It should be more than that, to me, the club are drifting away from their fan base and are alienating supporters.

After 18 months away, supporters should be treated with more respect

The Bloop
17-08-21, 08:08
And here/in, is the problem (joke or not) !!

This is not a one off ticket purchase, to see some poxy band playing guitars !

This to some, is their life ! Supporting Cardiff City is not just some clicking of buttons to buy a ticket.

It should be more than that, to me, the club are drifting away from their fan base and are alienating supporters.

After 18 months away, supporters should be treated with more respect

I know. I was just fishing and got a bite. Sorry.🙁

IanD
17-08-21, 09:25
Haven’t got a clue, all I wanna do is get access to CCS to watch a football match !!
I must admit...just the simple act of putting a real ticket into the scanner at Blackpool's turnstiles and getting straight into the ground, no hassle, was a most pleasurable experience. How it should be.

Michael Morris
17-08-21, 09:50

They will be available as a pre paid card (not a credit card) if you choose to use that option (I believe).

If you don't want to have that facility you just use it as a ST card as before.

IanD
17-08-21, 10:01
They will be available as a pre paid card (not a credit card) if you choose to use that option (I believe).

If you don't want to have that facility you just use it as a ST card as before.
So long as there is an option to build up City Points, or whatever it is now called, without having to use the pre-paid account on the ST. I'm thinking if you opt out of using the pre-paid account, you won't be able to rack up your points which could be used as one way to decide who gets what away tickets when there is high demand, for example.

dml1954
17-08-21, 13:44
I must admit...just the simple act of putting a real ticket into the scanner at Blackpool's turnstiles and getting straight into the ground, no hassle, was a most pleasurable experience. How it should be.

You only need to walk up to the turnstile at City stadium and put your season card, phone or paper ticket under the scanner and get straight in.

RichardM
17-08-21, 15:07
You only need to walk up to the turnstile at City stadium and put your season card, phone or paper ticket under the scanner and get straight in.

Only if they get the cards sent out pretty soon....

Zowhore
17-08-21, 18:08
You could always download your ticket into your wallet 😉
How do you do this? Any thread I can find with help? I didn’t go to Barnsley game see

IanD
17-08-21, 18:23
No season ticket card....nothing to download for Saturday and no paper ticket either. Yet.

lincoln blue
17-08-21, 19:02
Car Park Season Tickets were Royal Mail Special Delivery on the Thursday before Barnsley match.

splott parker
17-08-21, 19:20
Car Park Season Tickets were Royal Mail Special Delivery on the Thursday before Barnsley match.

I was hoping to watch the match inside the ground though:shrug:

RichardM
17-08-21, 19:35
How do you do this? Any thread I can find with help? I didn’t go to Barnsley game see

It's not easy but...Log on to the ticketing site, go to My Account, scroll down to your season ticket, click on the little square thing at the bottom right,
Click Go card on the next screen, click Mobile Virtual Card on the next screen, enter your mobile number and click Send SMS
Then go an sit down in a darkened room.

Zowhore
17-08-21, 19:37
It's not easy but...Log on to the ticketing site, go to My Account, scroll down to your season ticket, click on the little square thing at the bottom right,
Click Go card on the next screen, click Mobile Virtual Card on the next screen, enter your mobile number and click Send SMS
Then go an sit down in a darkened room.
Top man, thanks I’ll do that now

lincoln blue
17-08-21, 21:04
I was hoping to watch the match inside the ground though:shrug:
Nice one 😄

Fatty Foggon
18-08-21, 11:21
Latest news:-

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/season-ticket-holder-update-millwall-bristol-city

life on mars
18-08-21, 11:23
For our upcoming home league fixtures against Millwall & Bristol City, 2021/22 Season Ticket Holders will again receive a unique link via email and SMS.

Please ensure that the information on your Bluebirds Club Account is up to date for this process to run smoothly. Supporters without an email address or phone number on the Ticket Office system will receive a paper ticket via post, sent out on Thursday, August 19th, 2021.

Please note, fans will receive a separate unique link for both Millwall & Bristol City, and these will be sent separately on the following dates:

Millwall: Thursday, August 19th, 2021

Bristol City: Thursday, August 26th, 2021.

Season Ticket Holders without smartphones can request a paper ticket to access their Season Ticket seats for these fixtures. These will be kept for collection on the day of the game. If you wish to do so - please contact the Ticket Office on 03333 11 1920 (10am-4:30pm Monday to Friday) or via email at tickets@cardiffcityfc.co.uk.

You can also download your tickets by logging into your Bluebirds Club Account online at: tickets.cardiffcityfc.co.uk. These will be in your accounts from 12pm on Thursday, August 19th, 2021.

· Head to My Account

· Go to the ‘Tickets’ subheading

· Select your ticket for the game

· Select mobile ticket and enter the desired telephone number

· You will receive a text with a link to download your Ticket for the game

For more information about seat moves, Ticket Office opening times and Season Cards, please head to our website.

BLUETIT
18-08-21, 11:25
Latest news:-

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/season-ticket-holder-update-millwall-bristol-city

FFS

UNDERHILL1927
18-08-21, 14:09
FFS
🤣🤣🤣 read that earlier and the first thing I thought of was your head exploding🤣🤣🤣

splott parker
18-08-21, 18:15
The Taliban retook a whole country between Barnsley home & Blackpool away, get a few mullahs in the ticket office, they’d soon sort it out.

az city
18-08-21, 18:17
The Taliban retook a whole country between Barnsley home & Blackpool away, get a few mullahs in the ticket office, they’d soon sort it out.

Afghanistan is a tragedy but, fair play, that was funny.

Der Kaiser
19-08-21, 08:54
Make this permanent. Much better for the environment.

BLUETIT
19-08-21, 09:01
Make this permanent. Much better for the environment.

In what way ?

Der Kaiser
19-08-21, 09:12
In what way ?

I should imagine the 12,000+ plastic cards that are produced will have a surprising carbon footprint from deliveries both to the ground, and then sending them out.

I am taking the piss. Though the above would be accurate.

BLUETIT
19-08-21, 09:39
I should imagine the 12,000+ plastic cards that are produced will have a surprising carbon footprint from deliveries both to the ground, and then sending them out.

I am taking the piss. Though the above would be accurate.

I am not taking the piss, when I say “the selfish people with smart phones, couldn’t give a monkeys about those fans who haven’t got one”
Think of other people, not just yourself and those in your little technical run world .

Croesy Blue
19-08-21, 09:50
I am not taking the piss, when I say “the selfish people with smart phones, couldn’t give a monkeys about those fans who haven’t got one”
Think of other people, not just yourself and those in your little technical run world .

I’m sure it makes more sense to just cater to the minority of people who don’t have a smart phone than send out 12,000 plastic cards when most people have a smart phone already.

Feels like you’re looking for something to get worked up about.

Der Kaiser
19-08-21, 09:55

Christ, go and have some Weetabix mun. The club are catering for those without a smartphone, you can request a paper ticket can you not? Get a grip of yourself. Just don't go if you're that bothered.

Get a ****ing hobby Jesus wept.

BLUETIT
19-08-21, 10:05
I’m sure it makes more sense to just cater to the minority of people who don’t have a smart phone than send out 12,000 plastic cards when most people have a smart phone already.

Feels like you’re looking for something to get worked up about.

Christ, go and have some Weetabix mun. The club are catering for those without a smartphone, you can request a paper ticket can you not? Get a grip of yourself. Just don't go if you're that bothered.

Get a ****ing hobby Jesus wept.

There you both go, on about those who have smartphones !!!!

It goes much deeper than that.

You are most probably, both season ticket holders and in possession of a smartphone, but you, as a non season ticket holder, go through the palaver of trying to buy a ticket for a home game.
The TICKET OFFICE should be open to all callers, end of

Der Kaiser
19-08-21, 10:14
Realistically the club would open the ticket office at all times like you demand if the demand for in-person ticket purchases was high enough to be profitable against the employees they have in there.

If they haven't opened it, then presumably the demand for in-person purchases is low, and you are banging the drum for such a small cause that the club are happy to ignore it. Just guessing though.

BLUETIT
19-08-21, 10:35
Realistically the club would open the ticket office at all times like you demand if the demand for in-person ticket purchases was high enough to be profitable against the employees they have in there.

If they haven't opened it, then presumably the demand for in-person purchases is low, and you are banging the drum for such a small cause that the club are happy to ignore it. Just guessing though.

There you go again, thinking of yourself and not the staff at Cardiff City !

You really are a very selfish person.

What are they on as an hourly rate ?

It’s the being there, a friendly face for customers to see and be helped.

Players are on thousands, what’s a little wage for a ticket office person going to save.

Croesy Blue
19-08-21, 10:58
Strong "Man yells at cloud" vibes in this thread

Steve the Tea
19-08-21, 11:29

How can you ascertain the demand regarding in-person purchases at the Ticket Office when it is closed?

StT.
<><

LeningradCowboy
19-08-21, 11:31
What is the best way to save your ticket on your phone?

For the Barnsley game, some people queuing ahead of me had saved then as screenshots, but the turnstile scanner wouldn't read the QR code.

I just left mine open in a Chrome tab before leaving the house.

Der Kaiser
19-08-21, 11:34
How can you ascertain the demand regarding in-person purchases at the Ticket Office when it is closed?

StT.
<><

An educated guess that the club would've realised they were losing out on a lot of money from in-person sales being unavailable for the last few weeks, months.

They try their best to not behave like one, but the club is a business. I'm sure the financial viability of keeping the ticket office open to cater for in-person sales was weighed up a while ago.

Der Kaiser
19-08-21, 11:36
There you go again, thinking of yourself and not the staff at Cardiff City !

You really are a very selfish person.

What are they on as an hourly rate ?

It’s the being there, a friendly face for customers to see and be helped.

Players are on thousands, what’s a little wage for a ticket office person going to save.

I'm not thinking of myself, or anyone else. I've literally offered a suggestion as to why they haven't opened it.

Have you picked your toys up yet? I bet the club have a right ****ing laugh at your expense on here.

Maybe if you didn't throw a tantrum anytime someone offers something that isn't subscribing to your rants on here, people wouldn't get stuck into you or there wouldn't be 12 pagers clogging up the board.

BLUETIT
19-08-21, 11:49
An educated guess that the club would've realised they were losing out on a lot of money from in-person sales being unavailable for the last few weeks, months.

They try their best to not behave like one, but the club is a business. I'm sure the financial viability of keeping the ticket office open to cater for in-person sales was weighed up a while ago.

You and I, have no clue as to how much money the club are not taking or not, by not opening the ticket office.

What I do know, is the club are losing some cash/card sales by not opening and as far as I’m concerned, one fan not bothering to purchase a ticket, is one fan to many.

Do you really believe, that by not paying some low level staff, the club are benefiting financially or gaining friends ?

BLUETIT
19-08-21, 11:52
I'm not thinking of myself, or anyone else. I've literally offered a suggestion as to why they haven't opened it.

Have you picked your toys up yet? I bet the club have a right ****ing laugh at your expense on here.

Maybe if you didn't throw a tantrum anytime someone offers something that isn't subscribing to your rants on here, people wouldn't get stuck into you or there wouldn't be 12 pagers clogging up the board.

No tantrums here flower, just home truths.

Isn’t that what’s the board is for, 12 pagers :hehe:

Der Kaiser
19-08-21, 11:53
You and I, have no clue as to how much money the club are not taking or not, by not opening the ticket office.

What I do know, is the club are losing some cash/card sales by not opening and as far as I’m concerned, one fan not bothering to purchase a ticket, is one fan to many.

Do you really believe, that by not paying some low level staff, the club are benefiting financially or gaining friends ?

You're right we don't. But like I've said, if a loss in ticket sales indicated a great reliance upon the ticket office being open for ticket revenue, then I'm sure they would have opened it up a while ago. This is obviously a conscious decision, and 'to piss off fans who want to come down' I doubt is the reason for any decision, I'd be more inclined to believe that our circus of a club had forgotten they had a ticket office.

If the club shop is open, they should sell them out of there, I'm guessing that's open.

Der Kaiser
19-08-21, 11:53
No tantrums here flower, just home truths.

Isn’t that what’s the board is for, 12 pagers :hehe:

Calling someone selfish because they've offered a reason for it being shut, and biting to a tongue in cheek comment, that's a tantrum. We move on though.

BLUETIT
19-08-21, 11:57
Calling someone selfish because they've offered a reason for it being shut, and biting to a tongue in cheek comment, that's a tantrum. We move on though.

Exactly, you don’t want the staff to earn money by being employed in the ticket office, that’s selfish, is it not ?

Der Kaiser
19-08-21, 11:59
Exactly, you don’t want the staff to earn money by being employed in the ticket office, that’s selfish, is it not ?

Did I say that? Read again. For someone who loves getting on people for their spelling on here, you're not very good at reading are you?

You are embarrassing yourself. Again.

BLUETIT
19-08-21, 12:05
Realistically the club would open the ticket office at all times like you demand if the demand for in-person ticket purchases was high enough to be profitable against the employees they have in there

This bit implies you think they should not be there

Der Kaiser
19-08-21, 12:08
This bit implies you think they should not be there

Does it? Fair enough, if that's how you've decided to read it to fit your argument. Not really much more I can offer if you've decided that :hehe:

It doesn't though to clarify.

Good luck in your endeavours against the club.

BLUETIT
19-08-21, 12:11
Does it? Fair enough, if that's how you've decided to read it to fit your argument. Not really much more I can offer if you've decided that :hehe:.

It doesn't though to clarify.

Good luck in your endeavours against the club.

I’m not against the club, I’m for the club and all it’s fans, not just the ones with smartphones.

IanD
19-08-21, 12:11

For the Barnsley game, some people queuing ahead of me had saved then as screenshots, but the turnstile scanner wouldn't read the QR code.

Screenshot is best. No faffing trying to get on the net outside the stadium, just in case you lose the page or similar Screenshot works fine if the brightness on your phone is turned up. Plenty of contrast needed.

dembethewarrior
19-08-21, 12:28

Bra ****ing vo sir.

dembethewarrior
19-08-21, 12:34

Aren't they both just pictures on your screen be it a screenshot or the browser open? Same image same QR code? How does one work and one not?

fred keenor
19-08-21, 13:17
Aren't they both just pictures on your screen be it a screenshot or the browser open? Same image same QR code? How does one work and one not?

download available from your season ticket account they say, opt to download and it states website is down for maintenance

IanD
19-08-21, 15:08
Screenshot might not work if there is insufficient contrast. Just turn the brightness up on your phone if the Screenshot doesn't work.....and make sure the QR code is at the top of the phone screen and any screen protector is clean/not scratched.

BLUETIT
19-08-21, 15:24
Just got sent this off Facebook

From Facebook

after 3 days of phoning and getting nowhere with the ticket office i jumped on a train travelled 30 miles walked from grangetown to th sta ium which is hard work when you are 80 years old only to find the ticket office locked up the boy in the club shop was very apologetic and could only advise me to keep phoning it is an effing nightmare i am now going to spend another 2 hours getting back home

What a way to treat a customer !!!!

Croesy Blue
19-08-21, 15:29
Technologically advanced enough to post on facebook but not to use a QR code :hehe:

surge
19-08-21, 15:40
Technologically advanced enough to post on facebook but not to use a QR code :hehe:

Maybe they had someone show them how to use facebook but haven't had someone show them how to use a QR code?

Technology isn't complicated but it is the very first time you use it.

BLUETIT
19-08-21, 15:45

I give in, what’s a QR code :shrug:

IanD
19-08-21, 15:59
I give in, what’s a QR code :shrug:
A QR code is a type of matrix barcode invented in 1994 by the Japanese automotive company Denso Wave. A barcode is a machine-readable optical label that contains information about the item to which it is attached.*
Obviously 🙂

BLUETIT
19-08-21, 16:12
A QR code is a type of matrix barcode invented in 1994 by the Japanese automotive company Denso Wave. A barcode is a machine-readable optical label that contains information about the item to which it is attached.*
Obviously ��

Is any of that even Ingurlish :hehe:

Lord Worcester
19-08-21, 19:31
[QUOTE=life on mars;5216085]For our upcoming home league fixtures against Millwall & Bristol City, 2021/22 Season Ticket Holders will again receive a unique link via email and SMS.

Please ensure that the information on your Bluebirds Club Account is up to date for this process to run smoothly. Supporters without an email address or phone number on the Ticket Office system will receive a paper ticket via post, sent out on Thursday, August 19th, 2021.

Please note, fans will receive a separate unique link for both Millwall & Bristol City, and these will be sent separately on the following dates:

Season Ticket Holders without smartphones can request a paper ticket to access their Season Ticket seats for these fixtures. These will be kept for collection on the day of the game. If you wish to do so - please contact the Ticket Office on 03333 11 1920 (10am-4:30pm Monday to Friday) or via email at tickets@cardiffcityfc.co.uk.

You can also download your tickets by logging into your Bluebirds Club Account online at: tickets.cardiffcityfc.co.uk. These will be in your accounts from 12pm on Thursday, August 19th, 2021.

· Head to My Account

For more information about seat moves, Ticket Office opening times and Season Cards, please head to our website.[/QUOTE

Thank you. Seriously.

dandywarhol
19-08-21, 19:55
texts are coming through now.

nugent
19-08-21, 20:15
Top man, thanks I’ll do that now

It's all lectronically now isn't it.
I thought the "cards" go on your phone

nugent
19-08-21, 20:19
Is any of that even Ingurlish :hehe:

Do you accept qr codes on the bus now tone?

dembethewarrior
19-08-21, 21:54
download available from your season ticket account they say, opt to download and it states website is down for maintenance

Not sure mate, just wondering the difference between 2 identical images with same qr code.

the other bob wilson
20-08-21, 05:10
[QUOTE=life on mars;5216085]For our upcoming home league fixtures against Millwall & Bristol City, 2021/22 Season Ticket Holders will again receive a unique link via email and SMS.

· Head to My Account

For more information about seat moves, Ticket Office opening times and Season Cards, please head to our website.[/QUOTE

Thank you. Seriously.

Not a hint of an apology I see.

dembethewarrior
20-08-21, 09:25
Do you accept qr codes on the bus now tone?

No, you've got to turn up in a car made in the 70s (because he and SP hate change for change sake so why bother with a new car with all the gadgets eh) and sing your 3 favourite chants, before paying in one pound notes.

delmbox
20-08-21, 09:50
No, you've got to turn up in a car made in the 70s (because he and SP hate change for change sake so why bother with a new car with all the gadgets eh) and sing your 3 favourite chants, before paying in one pound notes.

As someone who knows Splott Parker in real life, this is utter bollocks.

Not arguing about Bluetit though :getscoat:

dembethewarrior
20-08-21, 11:41
As someone who knows Splott Parker in real life, this is utter bollocks.

Not arguing about Bluetit though :getscoat:

They're one and the same, I always get them mixed up. Yeah, sorry SP.