PDA

View Full Version : Bellamy into second favourite

WJ99mobile
05-11-21, 18:02
Just left last post due to stress, surely a non starter?

Anything in it at all?

stan butler
05-11-21, 18:07

Anything in it at all?

Wasn't he working abroad? Maybe the stress was from being away from family?
Now he's back in Wales he may be feeling alot better?

Tuerto
05-11-21, 18:07

Anything in it at all?

Probably had a couple of hundred quid placed on it by local punters. Put a tenner on ron atkinson, he'll be in at 7-1.

jon1959
05-11-21, 18:22
Wasn't he working abroad? Maybe the stress was from being away from family?
Now he's back in Wales he may be feeling alot better?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-10076011/Craig-Bellamy-mental-health-battle-leaving-Anderlecht-pandemic.html

Long interview from 9 October, but towards the end:

So what now? ‘I need to take a break,’ he says. ‘I need to spend time around people I haven’t spent time around. I tell players to put family first and I have to lead by example. Because I wasn’t. Do I see my life without football? No. But I have more important issues to address. For me to be at peace, I need to take a little while away.

‘I’m not putting a time limit on that. I can feel the urge to go back. I wake up every morning. I miss the training buzz. I miss the smell of the grass, I miss setting up pitches, designing the session, building towards the game. I had all that. But I made the right decision to leave.

Optimistic Nick
05-11-21, 18:30
Probably had a couple of hundred quid placed on it by local punters. Put a tenner on ron atkinson, he'll be in at 7-1.

This

ToTaL ITK
05-11-21, 19:11
Craig would be the best choice...or i'll be doing a sludge type apology thread in about 9 months

life on mars
05-11-21, 19:35
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-10076011/Craig-Bellamy-mental-health-battle-leaving-Anderlecht-pandemic.html

So what now? ‘I need to take a break,’ he says. ‘I need to spend time around people I haven’t spent time around. I tell players to put family first and I have to lead by example. Because I wasn’t. Do I see my life without football? No. But I have more important issues to address. For me to be at peace, I need to take a little while away.

‘I’m not putting a time limit on that. I can feel the urge to go back. I wake up every morning. I miss the training buzz. I miss the smell of the grass, I miss setting up pitches, designing the session, building towards the game. I had all that. But I made the right decision to leave.

And the salary

blue matt
05-11-21, 21:36

Sounds like he wants to be home with his family ( kids ) and still enjoy what he does in football, what better way to do that than manage a club just down the road :thumbup: Come on Home Craig, lets get on another rollercoaster

bluebirds17
05-11-21, 22:39
I would love to have Craig but based off past interviews with Vincent Kompany Bellamy is not in a great place

Bald Barry Bastad
05-11-21, 23:12
It'll either be a disaster or be the best thing we've ever done they'll be no in between but we have to give the guy time.

B. Oddie
05-11-21, 23:12
I would love to have Craig but based off past interviews with Vincent Kompany Bellamy is not in a great place

Why would you want him to be the manager?

Tuerto
05-11-21, 23:16
Why would you want him to be the manager?

Craig has high standards, problem is that not everyone can be as intense as he is, and maybe he needs to understand that before he jumps in to management. Maybe he's learnt something in Belgium.

blue matt
05-11-21, 23:19
Craig has high standards, problem is that not everyone can be as intense as he is, and maybe he needs to understand that before he jumps in to management. Maybe he's learnt something in Belgium.

that could also come with Age and maturity

nugent
06-11-21, 05:47
Bellamy be ****t.
Pmsl.
No thanks.

Stinking pig of an attitude.

goats
06-11-21, 07:13
Bellamy be ****t.
Pmsl.
No thanks.

Stinking pig of an attitude.

It’s not true, you ever seen him on sky? For ie

Citizen's Nephew
06-11-21, 07:41
Surely CCFC could not re-employ him after 'CRAIG BELLAMY has apologised “if I inadvertently offended anyone” after a Cardiff City investigation highlighted “a number of significant concerns relating to an unacceptable coaching environment” during his time at their Academy.'

Sunnysideup
06-11-21, 07:56
We actually saw him pushing a pram on his own Wednesday lunchtime in St David’s Centre
So he is back in Cardiff
As for the the manager Job
No thanks
He left under a cloud and still is I’m afraid…… absolute Cnut

Trigger
06-11-21, 08:40
Would be surprised given the way he left the club. Non starter for me, even if he was interested.

Odds on markets like this are influenced by any reasonably sized bet as there just isn't a lot of money behind them.

jockinwales286
06-11-21, 10:46
Craig has been seen around South Wales. But his family do live here. Will he be at today’s game v Huddersfield?? Will he be the next manager??????? I personally hope he is our next manager or as a manager in waiting as an assistant to Mick Flynn.

The Bloop
06-11-21, 11:25
Would be surprised given the way he left the club. Non starter for me, even if he was interested.

Odds on markets like this are influenced by any reasonably sized bet as there just isn't a lot of money behind them.

A few people probably had a flutter after reading Paul Abbandonato's article yesterday, which shortened odds. I dont think for a second that it makes him any more likely to get the job.

Hope he doesn't get it, and it wouldn't surprise me for a second if some of the younger first teamers wouldn't want him either.