PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Rittenhouse

WJ99mobile
20-11-21, 09:14
Don’t know if anyone has been following the story and regardless of whether you felt that he was guilty or not, what it does show is Americas gun laws are crazy.

jon1959
20-11-21, 09:43
https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php?451000-What-a-bonkers-country-America-in-all-of-its-glory

Croesy Blue
20-11-21, 10:19
Don’t know if anyone has been following the story and regardless of whether you felt that he was guilty or not, what it does show is Americas gun laws are crazy.

It’s completely ****ing nuts isn’t it. It’s why I’m glad we don’t have gun ownership here. Seems like you can take a gun somewhere get yourself in an argument and shoot someone as self defence.

jimmyscoular
20-11-21, 15:30
It’s completely ****ing nuts isn’t it. It’s why I’m glad we don’t have gun ownership here. Seems like you can take a gun somewhere get yourself in an argument and shoot someone as self defence.

A caricature, of course. Shooting someone while engaging in an argument will get you life in jail, if you escape the death penalty. Shoot someone, however, who has already declared his intention to kill you should he find you alone, and finds himself in precisely that circumstance and is lunging at you; or who is kicking your head in or beating you about the head with a skateboard and is himself armed, well, then, you may act to prevent yourself from death or imminent bodily harm.

Is this not the law in Britain?

ToTaL ITK
20-11-21, 15:52
Clearly they didn't hit this prick hard enough with skateboard.

jimmyscoular
20-11-21, 16:06
Here's another case, quite like the Rittenhouse case, which has not received much publicity but was resolved the same day. Interestingly, this one involved not just the alleged murder of a young black woman but also the alleged attempted murder of police officers. The accused, one Andrew Coffee IV, was acquitted by a Florida (Republican state) jury on all murder and attempted murder charges after making a self-defence argument. Unfortunately for Mr. Coffee he was a felon in possession of a firearm — always and everywhere a no-no in the United States — and so he was convicted on that charge. His attorney stipulated his guilt on the possession charge (circumlocution can stretch only so far) but had hoped the circumstances would merit some understanding.

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-indian-river-county/andrew-coffee-iv-found-not-guilty-on-5-counts-in-indian-river-county-swat-raid

jimmyscoular
20-11-21, 16:08

They would have, of course, if Rittenhouse had just accepted further blows as presumably you would have done.

Croesy Blue
20-11-21, 16:26
A caricature, of course. Shooting someone while engaging in an argument will get you life in jail, if you escape the death penalty. Shoot someone, however, who has already declared his intention to kill you should he find you alone, and finds himself in precisely that circumstance and is lunging at you; or who is kicking your head in or beating you about the head with a skateboard and is himself armed, well, then, you may act to prevent yourself from death or imminent bodily harm.

What if you’ve incited them though? Sets a very dangerous precedent IMO.

And the worst part is people can’t be objective about it because they already decided they’re “right” or “left” of shooting people because how vacuous politics and people have become.

chris lee
20-11-21, 16:27
Before making judgments, how many people have actually seen the video evidence?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iryQSpxSlrg&ab_channel=ChicagoSun-Times

He was punched in the back of the head, and kicked while on the floor before he opened fire. The most blatant example of self-defence I have ever seen.

Croesy Blue
20-11-21, 16:31
Before making judgments, how many people have actually seen the video evidence?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iryQSpxSlrg&ab_channel=ChicagoSun-Times

He was punched in the back of the head, and kicked while on the floor before he opened fire. The most blatant example of self-defence I have ever seen.

What happened before that though? It doesn’t seem to be anywhere near enough evidence in that.

What shocks me is someone watches that and thinks yeah those 2 lads deserved to be shot dead. Scares me that people can think like that.

I feel like people have picked a side based on their “politics” and will use anything to argue it. There no way that video shows me anything that means it’s ok for someone to be killed.

I can’t believe you’re calling someone a dangerous criminal based on it either. Are you serious?

NYCBlue
20-11-21, 16:37
What until the blokes that murdered Ahmaud Arbery get off. Then the shit will hit the fan.

life on mars
20-11-21, 16:38

And potentially kill him?

Surely that's condoning a different form of intententional and senseless violence ?

Croesy Blue
20-11-21, 16:40
I don’t know the case well but wandering into another city with a gun on your back to argue with protesters then crying and shooting someone who attacked you and getting away with it scott free seems madness.

If someone wandered into canton wearing a Swansea shirt and shot and killed someone who beat them up would they deserve to get away with it?

Ridiculous gun laws and a case politicised beyond belief.

chris lee
20-11-21, 16:40
What happened before that though? It doesn’t seem to be anywhere near enough evidence in that.

What shocks me is someone watches that and thinks yeah those 2 lads deserved to be shot dead. Scares me that people can think like that.

I feel like people have picked a side based on their “politics” and will use anything to argue it. There no way that video shows me anything that means it’s ok for someone to be killed.

I can’t believe you’re calling someone a dangerous criminal based on it either. Are you serious?

Of course they did not deserve to be shot dead, they made a foolish choice to chase down and punch/kick an armed individual, doesn't mean Kyle is therefore guilty of their murder does it?

Croesy Blue
20-11-21, 16:44
Of course they did not deserve to be shot dead, they made a foolish mistake of chasing down and punching/kicking armed individual, doesn't mean Kyle is therefore guilty of their murder does it?
It doesn’t mean he is completely innocent either though. You’re basing your whole opinion off that video without knowing what started everyone hitting him.

Seems you’ve made your mind up without wanting to see the full set of evidence. I seriously cannot believe you’re calling that guy a “dangerous criminal” based on that.

Wandering into a city win a gun looking for a fight then winding someone up into attacking you does not mean you should be able to shoot them without repercussion. That’s what sets the precedent. Get someone to attack and say you shot them in self defence because you feared for your safety. Dangerous, stupid and again something politicised that shouldn’t be.

Croesy Blue
20-11-21, 16:45
Mad that the whole thing has almost boiled down to that guy is on my side so it’s ok for him to shoot someone.

Making your mind up just from that video and calling one of the people a dangerous criminal shows you’re already too biased to discuss it.

chris lee
20-11-21, 16:55
It doesn’t mean he is completely innocent either though. You’re basing your whole opinion off that video without knowing what started everyone hitting him.

Seems you’ve made your mind up without wanting to see the full set of evidence. I seriously cannot believe you’re calling that guy a “dangerous criminal” based on that.

Wandering into a city win a gun looking for a fight then winding someone up into attacking you does not mean you should be able to shoot them without repercussion. That’s what sets the precedent. Get someone to attack and say you shot them in self defence because you feared for your safety. Dangerous, stupid and again something politicised that shouldn’t be.

I am not sure why you keep emphasising 'dangerous criminal' I have not used those words in my posts, maybe you are quoting someone else?

The thing is that like it or not, he is allowed to wander into a city with a gun and open carry, because the law allows him too.

and in turn the jury was correct to accept his argument fo self defence because it clearly was.

I agree it is a bad precedent but you can not send the kid to prison when he acted within the law. You have to instead change the law

ToTaL ITK
20-11-21, 16:59
And potentially kill him?

Surely that's condoning a different form of intententional and senseless violence ?

did i say kill mongo?

all parties could have walked away but what would you prefer to arm yourself with? a gun...or a skateboard.

Croesy Blue
20-11-21, 17:01
Sorry “mentally ill criminal”. How do you get to that from that video?

Even within the law calling that self defence is bollocks. Unless he was just walking down the street with a gun and they started attacking him with no provocation , which you could never say from that video.

Yet you’re calling one getting shot a mentally ill criminal.

jimmyscoular
20-11-21, 17:15
I am not sure why you keep emphasising 'dangerous criminal' I have not used those words in my posts, maybe you are quoting someone else?

The thing is that like it or not, he is allowed to wander into a city with a gun and open carry, because the law allows him too.

and in turn the jury was correct to accept his argument fo self defence because it clearly was.

I agree it is a bad precedent but you can not send the kid to prison when he acted within the law. You have to instead change the law

The verdict does indeed mean that he is completely innocent in the eyes of the law. Rittenhouse was presumed innocent from the moment charges were filed against him. The prosecution failed to overturn that presumption, therefore his innocence stands.

Of course, people are quite free to draw different conclusions in their private capacity.

Croesy Blue
20-11-21, 17:19
The verdict does indeed mean that he is completely innocent in the eyes of the law. Rittenhouse was presumed innocent from the moment charges were filed against him. The prosecution failed to overturn that presumption, therefore his innocence stands.

Of course, people are quite free to draw different conclusions in their private capacity.

It’s why my worse fear is being put in front of a jury. Almost a complete luck of the draw who you get.

America seems even more mad because of how politicised it is.

The MSNBC guy getting banned from the court due to following the jury is ****ing nuts too. How can a professional in the media do something like that.

Wash DC Blue
20-11-21, 17:20
Sorry “mentally ill criminal”. How do you get to that from that video?

Even within the law calling that self defence is bollocks. Unless he was just walking down the street with a gun and they started attacking him with no provocation , which you could never say from that video.

Yet you’re calling one getting shot a mentally ill criminal.

How was Preston?

Apperantly, Joseph Rosenbaum was a convicted pedophile and had just been released from a mental hospital but hadn't been taking his meds.

This isn't me passing any judgement on the case just clarifying that one of the victims was indeed a mentally ill criminal.

Croesy Blue
20-11-21, 17:22
Apperantly, Joseph Rosenbaum was a convicted pedophile and had just been released from a mental hospital but hadn't been taking his meds.

This isn't me passing any judgement on the case just clarifying that one of the victims was indeed a mentally ill criminal.

Fairplay i didn’t know anything about that, is it definitely true?

Im not sure it makes getting shot and killed ok but I don’t think I’ll ever agree with that law.

Wash DC Blue
20-11-21, 17:28
Fairplay i didn’t know anything about that, is it definitely true?

Im not sure it makes getting shot and killed ok but I don’t think I’ll ever agree with that law.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/10/03/kenosha-shooting-victims/

Heathblue
20-11-21, 17:29

The judge and jurors will be looking over their shoulders for a long long time, one of the news teams was caught following the jurors bus leaving the court on the previous night, I'd be surprised if the jurors were not doxed at some point, the pressure on them to convict must have been immense, meanwhile Ghislaine Maxwell starts on the 29th, squeaky bum time for the rich and famous.

Croesy Blue
20-11-21, 17:31

Gives a good background summary and shows how guns blow everything out of proportion.

Croesy Blue
20-11-21, 17:37

Reading that does make it almost make sense why he got off with no charge. I really didn’t know enough about it. Trying to charge him with murder seems to have been the stupidest thing to do.

chrisp_1927
20-11-21, 17:50
Unfortunately I've had way too much time on my hands this week due to self isolating, so have had a fair old look at this case.

It's extremely unique. As much as I agree that its ridiculous for armed people to be at protests, the reality is that its common place in the US. Most of the protests had significant numbers of armed proud boys or other white supremacists, black panthers or armed locals 'protecting ' their businesses.

Rittenhouse seems to be a very inadequate and pathetic individual who harbours delusions of 'being a hero' . Hence is silly little homemade first aid kit and going to a volatile atmosphere with a firearm.

Once there he seems to have been targeted by a deranged, aggressive criminal. Some of the videos of Rosenbaum are unbelievable. Threatening several of the armed idiots, shouting and screaming 'shoot me n**ga, shoot me n**ga in peoples faces. In fact in one of the videos several female protesters are heard telling him to calm down or he'll 'get us all shot' .
What kicked off Rosenbaum going for Rittenhouse was the fact that Rittenhouse extinguished a flaming skip hat Rosenbaum was trying to push into a building. That resulted in Rosenbaum chasing him, cornering him and trying to attack him.

More sympathy for the next 2 guys in, as they may well have thought they were dealing with an active shooter.

What really angers me is the way that both right and left have politicised it. For people on the left to say it's murder is beyond ridiculous, it was clear self defence.
For the right to be proclaiming him a hero is beyond vile. There are senators falling over themselves to give him an internship.

Rittenhouse is a sh*thouse little child with delusions of grandeur. He came unstuck big time against a mentally ill violent child molester. The fact the 2 of them live in a country with ridiculous gun laws sent the situation nuclear

Wash DC Blue
20-11-21, 18:03
Unfortunately I've had way too much time on my hands this week due to self isolating, so have had a fair old look at this case.

It's extremely unique. As much as I agree that its ridiculous for armed people to be at protests, the reality is that its common place in the US. Most of the protests had significant numbers of armed proud boys or other white supremacists, black panthers or armed locals 'protecting ' their businesses.

Rittenhouse seems to be a very inadequate and pathetic individual who harbours delusions of 'being a hero' . Hence is silly little homemade first aid kit and going to a volatile atmosphere with a firearm.

Once there he seems to have been targeted by a deranged, aggressive criminal. Some of the videos of Rosenbaum are unbelievable. Threatening several of the armed idiots, shouting and screaming 'shoot me n**ga, shoot me n**ga in peoples faces. In fact in one of the videos several female protesters are heard telling him to calm down or he'll 'get us all shot' .
What kicked off Rosenbaum going for Rittenhouse was the fact that Rittenhouse extinguished a flaming skip hat Rosenbaum was trying to push into a building. That resulted in Rosenbaum chasing him, cornering him and trying to attack him.

More sympathy for the next 2 guys in, as they may well have thought they were dealing with an active shooter.

What really angers me is the way that both right and left have politicised it. For people on the left to say it's murder is beyond ridiculous, it was clear self defence.
For the right to be proclaiming him a hero is beyond vile. There are senators falling over themselves to give him an internship.

Rittenhouse is a sh*thouse little child with delusions of grandeur. He came unstuck big time against a mentally ill violent child molester. The fact the 2 of them live in a country with ridiculous gun laws sent the situation nuclear

Good post.

Croesy Blue
20-11-21, 18:26
Good post.
Agreed a good summary fair play.

life on mars
20-11-21, 22:57
Wasn't one of the lads chasing him have a gun ??

The other wanted to smash him up with a skateboard.

He In a stupid country that (allows ) someone to carry a weapon for self defence purposes decided to use it as he was being chased down with intent to injure or even kill ??

Gofer Blue
20-11-21, 23:00
Just watched the item about this chap on the BBC TV news. Not an ounce of humility, just a rather smug "look at me, I'm famous" expression on his face. I think he needs to keep his head down for a wee while as I'm sure there must be some gun-toting individuals who would just love to goad him into a confrontation so that they too can kill with impunity by claiming self defence. Wouldn't that be ironic.

life on mars
20-11-21, 23:08
Just watched the item about this chap on the BBC TV news. Not an ounce of humility, just a rather smug "look at me, I'm famous" expression on his face. I think he needs to keep his head down for a wee while as I'm sure there must be some gun-toting individuals who would just love to goad him into a confrontation so that they too can kill with impunity by claiming self defence. Wouldn't that be ironic.

If he rocks up in Llanrumney with that attitude he's for it .

Llandaff Blue
21-11-21, 00:20

Irony? Not a chance, not a single witness account or footage of the event shows he goaded any of the three people shot.

First guy was looking for a fight all night, why he got into a confrontation with Rittenhouse I don't know, but going off of footage of before the shooting I'd bet the nonce was the aggressor. He chased Rittenhouse and tried to grab his gun, you can't do that and expect to not get shot.

Second and third guys thought they were responding to an active shooter, I have sympathy for them both but neither were goaded into attacking Rittenhouse, they acted off of false information and both attacked him, one even pulled a gun on him.

chrisp_1927
21-11-21, 01:38
His first tv interview is with Tucker Carlson, not exactly a conciliatory move. Presumably so he can play up to a hard right audience.

The trumpite mob seem to think its heroic to sh*t yourself, run away and then pull a trigger

Tokyo Blue
21-11-21, 02:36
The trumpite mob seem to think its heroic to sh*t yourself, run away and then pull a trigger

That's a very harsh way of putting it. Regardless of what you think of Kyle or America's gun laws, it was obvious self-defence and a lot more people could've been a lot more reckless. Regardless of whether you think he should've been there or not, he was only 16 ffs.

In general, he was clearly not guilty. Anyone who followed this case and looked at the evidence for themselves would realise it should never have gotten to court in the first place. He was chased down and assaulted, and the prosecution's key witness admitted he only got shot after he pointed a gun at him.

The media have yet again shown how utterly disgraceful they are in this case. I hope Kyle sues them in to oblivion for the way they've reported on this case.

chrisp_1927
21-11-21, 08:15
That's a very harsh way of putting it. Regardless of what you think of Kyle or America's gun laws, it was obvious self-defence and a lot more people could've been a lot more reckless. Regardless of whether you think he should've been there or not, he was only 16 ffs.

In general, he was clearly not guilty. Anyone who followed this case and looked at the evidence for themselves would realise it should never have gotten to court in the first place. He was chased down and assaulted, and the prosecution's key witness admitted he only got shot after he pointed a gun at him.

The media have yet again shown how utterly disgraceful they are in this case. I hope Kyle sues them in to oblivion for the way they've reported on this case.

If you read any of my posts on the subject of his guilt , you will see i believe firmly it was self defence.
That has nothing to do with this particular comment. The trump types are now lauding him as a hero which is quite frankly ridiculous. To give the first interview to Tucker Carlson is an inflammatory move as far as I'm concerned.

dembethewarrior
21-11-21, 10:46

Didn't he cross state lines with a gun, how old was he again?

Gofer Blue
21-11-21, 12:33
Irony? Not a chance, not a single witness account or footage of the event shows he goaded any of the three people shot.

First guy was looking for a fight all night, why he got into a confrontation with Rittenhouse I don't know, but going off of footage of before the shooting I'd bet the nonce was the aggressor. He chased Rittenhouse and tried to grab his gun, you can't do that and expect to not get shot.

Second and third guys thought they were responding to an active shooter, I have sympathy for them both but neither were goaded into attacking Rittenhouse, they acted off of false information and both attacked him, one even pulled a gun on him.

I would have thought the said Mr. Rittenhouse might have shown some signs of remorse over what happened rather than the rather smug attitude he adopted in front of the cameras. If it were me I would have been physically sick knowing that I had killed two people whether in self defence or otherwise. Surely we have to question why he went out with a loaded gun in the first place unless he intended to use it at some point. It seems to me his motive was that of a vigilante, so either he would be prepared to kill someone in defence of someone else or himself. I guess it's the "American way". BTW I see he has taken my advice and is keeping his head down - I wonder why!

"Mr Rittenhouse is now in an undisclosed location, a spokesman for his family told CBS".
Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59358172

Wash DC Blue
21-11-21, 19:36

Apparently he was at his friend's house in Kenosha.
That's where the guns were kept.

His friends father bought the gun for him and kept it in his gun safe.

Mad video this is.

https://youtu.be/tkTnQfjRvk0

Kitman
21-11-21, 19:56

Exactly - no one drives into another city with an assault rifle because they want to protect a H&M.
He did so cos he wanted to light someone up and obviously in an angry mob he’ll get that opportunity. If everyone had this little pricks mentality it would have been an absolute bloodbath

And what if he was black? he probably would have been shot on sight for just holding the Damn rifle

America is f**ked - this kid should’ve gone down for 20-30 years

dembethewarrior
21-11-21, 20:03
Apparently he was at his friend's house in Kenosha.
That's where the guns were kept.

His friends father bought the gun for him and kept it in his gun safe.

Mad video this is.

That's That's good video.

Shows a lot of stuff, which may not have happened had an underage kid not been let loose with a deadly weapon.

Llandaff Blue
21-11-21, 20:50
Exactly - no one drives into another city with an assault rifle because they want to protect a H&M.
He did so cos he wanted to light someone up and obviously in an angry mob he’ll get that opportunity. If everyone had this little pricks mentality it would have been an absolute bloodbath

And what if he was black? he probably would have been shot on sight for just holding the Damn rifle

America is f**ked - this kid should’ve gone down for 20-30 years

20-30 years for what? He was attacked by all three of the people he shot and was unconfrontational during the protest. If he was some deranged killer who wanted to cause a mass causality event he wouldn't have stopped shooting after the third guy was shot.

You're right to question his motives, I have myself. But that doesn't change the fact he was attacked multiple times and rightly defended himself, it's nothing to do with race and honestly the misinformation surrounding the trial is concerning.

dembethewarrior
21-11-21, 20:52
20-30 years for what? He was attacked by all three of the people he shot and was unconfrontational during the protest. If he was some deranged killer who wanted to cause a mass causality event he wouldn't have stopped shooting after the third guy was shot.

You're right to question his motives, I have myself. But that doesn't change the fact he was attacked multiple times and rightly defended himself, it's nothing to do with race and honestly the misinformation surrounding the trial is concerning.

If he didn't have a gun he wouldn't have shot anyone.

jeepster
21-11-21, 20:56

Why did he have to go there with a gun if had peaceful motives.
He went there to confront and kill .

The Lone Gunman
21-11-21, 20:58
He was attacked by all three of the people he shot and was unconfrontational during the protest.

Some may dare to suggest that wandering the streets armed with a semi-automatic rifle is rather confrontational.

Llandaff Blue
21-11-21, 20:59
Why did he have to go there with a gun if had peaceful motives.
He went there to confront and kill .

Yet he didn't confront anyone...

Llandaff Blue
21-11-21, 21:00
Some may dare to suggest that wandering the streets armed with a semi-automatic rifle is rather confrontational.

And that justifies chasing and trying to take the gun off of him?

The Lone Gunman
21-11-21, 21:04

That’s not what I said. Nor even remotely close to what I said.

Llandaff Blue
21-11-21, 21:10
That’s not what I said. Nor even remotely close to what I said.

Thanks for your contribution

splott parker
21-11-21, 21:10

Reading that sentence. Some (or most) would say chasing someone and trying to take a gun from them is quite a heroic thing to do.

Llandaff Blue
21-11-21, 21:13
Reading that sentence. Some (or most) would say chasing someone and trying to take a gun from them is quite a heroic thing to do.

In a country where you are allowed to carry guns? Yeah alright

Wash DC Blue
21-11-21, 21:22
American gun laws are screwed up (coming from someone who has been considering getting one but not wanting one for over a year).

The Media is messed up massively.
The narratives and misinformation broadcasted over this case is remarkable.

Since Brexit, then Trump everything is polarized.
No Grey areas, little nuance just a line in the sand and a pitched battle.

Intersectionality is screwing us all.

The Lone Gunman
21-11-21, 21:37
Thanks for your contribution

Pleasure. Hopefully, it enabled you to realise how stupid yours was.

jeepster
21-11-21, 21:41
Yet he didn't confront anyone...

He shoot three people if that is not confronting anyone what the f,ock is

Eric the Half a Bee
21-11-21, 21:42

:hehe: :hehe:

Wash DC Blue
21-11-21, 21:52

This really highlights how the media and politics mess with people's perception of things.

Three people confronted him.

Llandaff Blue
21-11-21, 21:54

After all three attacked him. Come back when you know what's going on mate

Kitman
21-11-21, 21:54

He WASNT allowed to hold that gun, he was only 17

Llandaff Blue
21-11-21, 21:57
He WASNT allowed to hold that gun, he was only 17

He was cause of some daft law which allowed him to carry it due to the barrel length. You think the gun charges were dropped for nothing or what?

Llandaff Blue
21-11-21, 21:59

Sure thing

Croesy Blue
21-11-21, 22:13
What’s mad is people think it’s fine that he shot these because it’s the law rather than that the law is ****ed up.

Who would want to live somewhere where wandering into a protest with a loaded gun is seen as normal rather than confrontational.

Wash DC Blue
21-11-21, 22:26
What’s mad is people think it’s fine that he shot these because it’s the law rather than that the law is ****ed up.

Who would want to live somewhere where wandering into a protest with a loaded gun is seen as normal rather than confrontational.

It's very multifaceted.

He was portrayed to be a monster and guilty as **** by one set of media.
A Hero that deserves cannonization by another.

In the meantime people make their minds up really by Echo chamber (My Brother In Law is still livid about the verdict).

The Morality, again....Polarized.

The Third guy he shot also had a gun even though it wasn't an AR, pointed at him.

Kitman
21-11-21, 22:27
We could argue this all night, I know he was found guilty by an elected jury and some bizarre loop holes in Gun laws which were clearly written for hunting but allows any kid to run around and shoot an assault rifle which makes it hard to argue against.

The most f**ked up thing about this whole incident is that this little prick being brainwashed by the right wing media to thinking that he needed to go and play militia in an area of unrest - and now he is seen in the eyes of the law as satisfactory

You cannot argue this sets a terrifying precedent. That anyone can turn up to an incendiary protest anywhere in America fully armed, with a privileged notion of “order” then play judge jury and executioner without facing any consequences.

jeepster
21-11-21, 22:29
After all three attacked him. Come back when you know what's going on mate

and you seem so clued up, mate not

Croesy Blue
21-11-21, 22:32
We could argue this all night, I know he was found guilty by an elected jury and some bizarre loop holes in Gun laws which were clearly written for hunting but allows any kid to run around and shoot an assault rifle which makes it hard to argue against.

The most f**ked up thing about this whole incident is that this little prick being brainwashed by the right wing media to thinking that he needed to go and play militia in an area of unrest - and now he is seen in the eyes of the law as satisfactory

You cannot argue this sets a terrifying precedent. That anyone can turn up to an incendiary protest anywhere in America fully armed, with a privileged notion of “order” then play judge jury and executioner without facing any consequences.

:thumbup: agreed I can’t believe people don’t think this sets a dangerous precedent. Carry and gun and provoke someone into attacking you. Free kill.

Croesy Blue
21-11-21, 22:34
It's very multifaceted.

He was portrayed to be a monster and guilty as **** by one set of media.
A Hero that deserves cannonization by another.

In the meantime people make their minds up really by Echo chamber (My Brother In Law is still livid about the verdict).

The Morality, again....Polarized.

The Third guy he shot also had a gun even though it wasn't an AR, pointed at him.
Beyond all that though the situation and the law is ****ed. Any other country on Earth walking into a protest with a rifle on your back would be seen as the lunacy and provocation it is.

But not only is the law in the US a dystopian nightmare but politicians then use a little psychopath as a point scorer and people are stupid and biased enough to lap it up.

The 3rd guy pointed a gun at him because he’d ****ing shot someone ffs, how can he be a monster and deserve to be killed while the other kid gets off completely. ****ed up country, ****ed up gun laws and ****ed up politicians being idolised by idiots.

Llandaff Blue
21-11-21, 22:36
and you seem so clued up, mate not

you've had too much to drink

splott parker
21-11-21, 22:39

Even more heroic, I’d be running the other way:hehe:

Wash DC Blue
21-11-21, 22:41
Beyond all that though the situation and the law is ****ed. Any other country on Earth walking into a protest with a rifle on your back would be seen as the lunacy and provocation it is.

But not only is the law in the US a dystopian nightmare but politicians then use a little psychopath as a point scorer and people are stupid and biased enough to lap it up.

Of course it is.
As is going in as a protester with a gun.

Joe Biden called Rittenhouse a White Supremacist apparently.

Croesy Blue
21-11-21, 22:44
Of course it is.
As is going in as a protester with a gun.

There are photos of him with the proud boys doing that daft white power sign.

But Biden would have been better off keeping quiet just stirs up the lunatic fringe on the other side hero worshiping a 16 year old psychopath. Just completely depressing I can’t imagine being the sort of **** to hero worship someone like that.

Wash DC Blue
21-11-21, 22:47
There are photos of him with the proud boys.

But Biden would have been better off keeping quiet.

Are they a White Supremacist group?

Honest question as I do not know anything about them apart from they opposed Antfa.

Kitman
21-11-21, 22:48

If he did that then that was stupid, talk about stirring the pot.

Wash DC Blue
21-11-21, 22:52
If he did that then that was stupid, talk about stirring the pot.

It's a mess Mate.
Most politicians are clowns.

jimmyscoular
22-11-21, 02:45

Sigh. No, he didn't.

Croesy Blue
22-11-21, 07:38
Are they a White Supremacist group?

Honest question as I do not know anything about them apart from they opposed Antfa.

Yes and it’s quite clear where you get your news. Oppose Antifa ffs :hehe:

Knows the in and outs of why Kyle Rittenhouse is innocent but knows “nothing” about the proud boys. Talk about the mask slipping.

chrisp_1927
22-11-21, 10:00
I understand the idea 'that taking a rifle to a protest is looking for trouble'. But the reality is that hundreds of thousands of Americans did that over the summer. There were numerous protests with black panthers, white supremacist militias and local militias all in attendance.

If you decide that just being there with a rifle means he should go down, then there are hundreds and hundreds of thousands of others who need to be in prison with him.

Croesy Blue
22-11-21, 10:06
I understand the idea 'that taking a rifle to a protest is looking for trouble'. But the reality is that hundreds of thousands of Americans did that over the summer. There were numerous protests with black panthers, white supremacist militias and local militias all in attendance.

If you decide that just being there with a rifle means he should go down, then there are hundreds and hundreds of thousands of others who need to be in prison with him.

I’m saying the law is wrong, it’s ****ing nuts.

That law allowed him to kill 3 people and get no punishment at all for it. It’s nuts.

Taking a rifle to a protest is looking for trouble, nothing will convince me otherwise.

chrisp_1927
22-11-21, 10:15
I’m saying the law is wrong, it’s ****ing nuts.

That law allowed him to kill 3 people and get no punishment at all for it. It’s nuts.

Taking a rifle to a protest is looking for trouble, nothing will convince me otherwise.

I agree, there's no way that allowing armed militias with military grade weapons to roam the streets is a good idea.

My only issue is when I see the comments from people arguing that he should go down , as taking a rifle was provocation. Without acknowledging that there were hundreds of thousands of others acting in an equally provocative way.

Unfortunately , Rittenhouse isn't the only pathetic little man who likes to wander the streets armed like a soldier

lardy
22-11-21, 10:25
I agree, there's no way that allowing armed militias with military grade weapons to roam the streets is a good idea.

My only issue is when I see the comments from people arguing that he should go down , as taking a rifle was provocation. Without acknowledging that there were hundreds of thousands of others acting in an equally provocative way.

Unfortunately , Rittenhouse isn't the only pathetic little man who likes to wander the streets armed like a soldier

If I lived in the US, I'd be worried about going anywhere with a crowd. You just don't know what's round the corner.

I'm sure the chances of getting into a scrape with an automatic are tiny, but still...

Wash DC Blue
22-11-21, 10:37
Yes and it’s quite clear where you get your news. Oppose Antifa ffs :hehe:

Knows the in and outs of why Kyle Rittenhouse is innocent but knows “nothing” about the proud boys. Talk about the mask slipping.

Is it now?
Where do I get my news?

Obviously from a far more objective place than you seemingly who had to be directed to a Washington Post article for some facts to stop you spouting site about the case.

BTW how was the trip to Deepdale?

Cardiff Ultra
22-11-21, 10:55
For me it's the message it sends. That message is, if youre going to a protest that's likely to attract the attention of white supremacist militias, then go tooled up AF. The only way you're ever going to see gun control in America is when people that the authorities deem undesirable (hint: not fascists) start getting armed.

Dont forget how pro gun control the NRA was when the Black Panthers started practising open carry in the 1960's

https://www.history.com/news/black-panthers-gun-control-nra-support-mulford-act

Croesy Blue
22-11-21, 10:58
For me it's the message it sends. That message is, if youre going to a protest that's likely to attract the attention of white supremacist militias, then go tooled up AF. The only way you're ever going to see gun control in America is when people that the authorities deem undesirable (hint: not fascists) start getting armed.

Dont forget how pro gun control the NRA was when the Black Panthers started practising open carry in the 1960's

Exactly

Croesy Blue
22-11-21, 11:01
Is it now?
Where do I get my news?

Obviously from a far more objective place than you seemingly who had to be directed to a Washington Post article for some facts to stop you spouting site about the case.

BTW how was the trip to Deepdale?

It was good thanks.

I don’t know where you get your news but it’s quite clear what type your consuming and where you lean especially pretending to not know who the proud boys are but jumping on the Washington post from which the most clear story of this whole thing as been posted in this thread.

chrisp_1927
22-11-21, 11:05

Been lots of black panthers at numerous protests and the nfac group. Not sure how the numbers stack up on both sides. But inadequate people who need guns to feel big seem to inhabit all races.

Croesy Blue
22-11-21, 11:11
Been lots of black panthers at numerous protests and the nfac group. Not sure how the numbers stack up on both sides. But inadequate people who need guns to feel big seem to inhabit all races.

Isn’t that because of the precedent set by things like this though that is encouraged by the law in America?

I’d judge less harshly the people who are there just to protest for a good cause over someone out to “protect” a town who hangs about with racist groups doing the white power signs and then running to “conservative” news channels once the case is over.

chrisp_1927
22-11-21, 11:14
Isn’t that because of the precedent set by things like this though that is encouraged by the law in America?

I’d judge less harshly the people who are there just to protest for a good cause over someone out to “protect” a town who hangs about with racist groups doing the white power signs and then running to “conservative” news channels once the case is over.

The panthers were at a lot of the early protests if I remember rightly. I don’t really see a difference between the black panthers/nation of islam and white militias/kkk myself. They're all racist vermin

dembethewarrior
22-11-21, 11:33
Sigh. No, he didn't.

I saw something that said he did. Hence the question.

I've since replied to a poster who's provided a YouTube video with information in it..so now know how he came across possession of the gun.

Thanks for your sigh, you weird man.

Wash DC Blue
22-11-21, 11:42
It was good thanks.

I don’t know where you get your news but it’s quite clear what type your consuming and where you lean especially pretending to not know who the proud boys are but jumping on the Washington post from which the most clear story of this whole thing as been posted in this thread.

You are quite clearly a Walter and a moron.

I felt a little bad for you after the public woodshedding that Jimmy gave you so engaged with you on this thread.
You post a few reasonable responses in this thread then revert to type.

First off you say you know where I get my news from.
Then you say you don't know.

For your information my understanding of this case was picked up from a few rival teams forums.
There, like here are are left and right minded folk of varying degrees....I try to read between the lines.

Why would I ask you about The Proud boys if I was clued up about them?
Just to pretend that I don't know about them?

Croesy Blue
22-11-21, 11:44
Ok mate :thumbup: you sound deranged

jon1959
22-11-21, 15:16
Rittenhouse now claiming to support the Black Lives Matter movement!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/nov/22/kyle-rittenhouse-fox-news-tucker-carlson-interview

Croesy Blue
22-11-21, 15:23
The right to self defence, what a load of bollocks.

If I’m in America and someone starts fighting me and I start fighting back at what point does it become acceptable for them to shoot me?

Rjk
22-11-21, 15:33
self defence or not, if he doesn't bring a weapon to a riot in another town then 2 dead people would now be alive.

imagine if during the Tottenham riots you drive to London brandishing a weapon. if you ended up killing someone even if it was in self defence then I'm sure the British legal system would hold your actions at least partially responsible

Dorcus
22-11-21, 15:37
Sigh. No, he didn't.

Smokers' wheeze Jimmy?

chrisp_1927
22-11-21, 15:42
self defence or not, if he doesn't bring a weapon to a riot in another town then 2 dead people would now be alive.

imagine if during the Tottenham riots you drive to London brandishing a weapon. if you ended up killing someone even if it was in self defence then I'm sure the British legal system would hold your actions at least partially responsible

Makes me glad we have more enlightened gun laws in the UK

Kitman
22-11-21, 16:02

Mad isn’t it. The UK equivalent would be someone driving from Swindon with a knife to get involved in the Tottenham Riots and stabbing 3 people to death because some yob tried to take your knife off you.

No way you’re not getting sent down in the UK and rightly so

WJ99mobile
22-11-21, 16:04
Makes me glad we have more enlightened gun laws in the UK

It's not the laws it's the culture.

Owning firearms in this country is 'kinda' similar in laws. The problem is the culture.

They need to go the other way and get rid of the second amendment which will never happen in any of our lifetimes

Croesy Blue
22-11-21, 16:05
Mad isn’t it. The UK equivalent would be someone driving from Swindon with a knife to get involved in the Tottenham Riots and stabbing 3 people to death because some yob tried to take your knife off you.

Absolutely mad and this **** is being held up as a hero of the right wing politicians for some reason. And because of how polarised everything is everyone is desperate to defend him.

The law is stupid and Kyle Rittenhouse is a ****. Any other opinion makes me question someone’s sanity.

Croesy Blue
22-11-21, 16:06
It's not the laws it's the culture.

Owning firearms in this country is 'kinda' similar in laws. The problem is the culture.

They need to go the other way and get rid of the second amendment which will never happen in any of our lifetimes

In what ways are the laws similar?

WJ99mobile

To the law as I understand it not guilty was the correct decision but that's not to say the law isn't stupid

chrisp_1927

One massive difference. In that wandering around Swindon with a blade would be illegal. Crazily, wandering around an American city with a military style assault rifle isn't illegal.

If you want to use the fact he went armed against him, you need to use it against every other rambo wannabe who went armed to a protest.

Dorcus
22-11-21, 16:08

I think this goes to the heart of the whole issue without needing to dissect the machinations of the US legal system.

This entire business of allowing marauding wannabee GI Joe's to carry even so much as a revolver, let alone a machine gun, is senseless beyond belief. Talk about the freedom to bear arms is puerile nonsense; what about the freedom stay alive rather than have your life taken away at the hands of some gun toting moron?

What on Earth goes on in these peoples' piece of tissue they use for a brain so that they think they can interfere with the work of professionals and rock up to some gig tooled up in order to enact their militaristic fantasies? And more to the point, why can't those who profess to wield power in the US not realize there are evil and powerful political puppet masters engineering this mayhem in the background?

I mean, would these numbskulls dream of commandeering their own fire engines to interfere with the work of firefighters as they are working to extinguish a dangerous fire? If not why then do they believe they have a right to interfere with the work of the police while they engage in fighting to quell nasty riots, and in so doing escalate the problem to a much higher level?

Our country is a long, long way from being perfect but I thank my lucky stars the powers that be would never ever allow such an absurdly dangerous situation to occur over here. Lethal weapons should be reserved for those that protect us and not available to the general populace full stop. This protects society at large from the immature egotistical idiot that we are all capable of being.

chrisp_1927
22-11-21, 16:14
I think this goes to the heart of the whole issue without needing to dissect the machinations of the US legal system.

This entire business of allowing marauding wannabee GI Joe's to carry even so much as a revolver, let alone a machine gun, is senseless beyond belief. Talk about the freedom to bear arms is puerile nonsense; what about the freedom stay alive rather than have your life taken away at the hands of some gun toting moron?

What on Earth goes on in these peoples' piece of tissue they use for a brain so that they think they can interfere with the work of professionals and rock up to some gig tooled up in order to enact their militaristic fantasies? And more to the point, why can't those who profess to wield power in the US not realize there are evil and powerful political puppet masters engineering this mayhem in the background?

I mean, would these numbskulls dream of commandeering their own fire engines to interfere with the work of firefighters as they are working to extinguish a dangerous fire? If not why then do they believe they have a right to interfere with the work of the police while they engage in fighting to quell nasty riots, and in so doing escalate the problem to a much higher level?

Our country is a long, long way from being perfect but I thank my lucky stars the powers that be would never ever allow such an absurdly dangerous situation to occur over here. Lethal weapons should be reserved for those that protect us and not available to the general populace full stop. This protects society at large from the immature egotistical idiot that we are all capable of being.

Spot on

delmbox
22-11-21, 16:16

Mindblowing how differently a lot of them see it though, the replies to this (as well as the original tweet) are :yikes:

https://twitter.com/ZubyMusic/status/1462779851476287500?s=20

Croesy Blue
22-11-21, 16:21
Mindblowing how differently a lot of them see it though, the replies to this (as well as the original tweet) are :yikes:

I can’t believe they genuinely believe that. Yeah pal you and your gun collection is the only thing stopping that. All the armies would be shitting themselves at your 5 guns.

chrisp_1927
22-11-21, 16:22
I only got 4 replies in, and I'd already counted 'scamdemic' and 'poison vaccine '

delmbox
22-11-21, 16:24
I only got 4 replies in, and I'd already counted 'scamdemic' and 'poison vaccine '

I stopped reading at this one :hehe:

WJ99mobile
22-11-21, 16:29

He's a hunter. He was on the Joe Rogan show promoting guns

chrisp_1927
22-11-21, 16:29

Fantastic 🤣.

Citizen's Nephew
22-11-21, 16:32

I'm totally against the abuse of photoshop too.

Citizen's Nephew
22-11-21, 16:40
Twitter makes me laugh but then I realise satire was so last century and I invariably sink into a deep depression....

However, Thomas Massie with zero sense of irony describes himself as 'the greenest member of congress' in his profile. That did make me laugh....but now....

Gofer Blue
22-11-21, 16:48
All this reminds me of the famous Tony Martin case. Remember him - the guy in Norfolk who was jailed for shooting a burglar who broke into his house in the night? When I told my American cousin (she lived near Wilkes Boro in Pa) the story she could not believe it as anyone who broke into their house would get both barrels with no recriminations whatsoever; and she was a caring, mild mannered person!!!

Also I think we have to remember that many Americans have a "them and us" attitude when it comes to Government, and in a much stronger sense than us Brits, to the point of paranoia about conspiracies to subdue the masses. Hence the advent of "preppers" etc.

blue matt
22-11-21, 17:15

from that link, not sure its on the CCMB approved list of links though ( I lose track on what we can take news from these days )

https://nypost.com/2021/11/21/armed-father-daughter-duo-seek-to-protect-anti-rittenhouse-protesters/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter

both of them are walking down the street with AR15 like its normal, which I guess to some it is :shrug:

WJ99mobile
22-11-21, 17:48

My word I started on that rabbit hole of a thread

It’s mental how some of them think

Rjk
21-12-21, 13:11
https://twitter.com/az_rww/status/1473084860004593666?t=vRHm3ZWARGoeqUvHpx_fig&s=19

im speechless

Trigger
21-12-21, 14:25
https://twitter.com/az_rww/status/1473084860004593666?t=vRHm3ZWARGoeqUvHpx_fig&s=19

im speechless

Gross.

Whatever people's opinions on whether he should have been locked up or not, surely celebrating him is just too weird.

NYCBlue
21-12-21, 14:46
Let him rake in the money and then file a civil suit.

In other news, cult leader Donald Trump got booed by his own disciples yesterday for admitting to having been double vaxxed and boosted. Apparently "freedom" only counts when you choose to not get vaccinated. America is falling apart. Our system of government is ludicrous. Rupert Murdoch has conquered America.

JamesWales
21-12-21, 14:56
Gross.

Whatever people's opinions on whether he should have been locked up or not, surely celebrating him is just too weird.

Absolutely. The guy was found not guilty and everyone should respect that, but you don't hold him up as a hero. it's still a grim tale.

There's a lot of false prophet worshipping in the United States.

Dave Blue
21-12-21, 15:01
Yanks have always been a bit warped but this lot, and more dangerously, their leaders are off the scale.

Gofer Blue
21-12-21, 19:17
The phrase "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword" comes to mind. What an insane section of society there. I say section as I hope the majority of Americans are as appalled by this as we are.