PDA

View Full Version : Train travel yesterday.

the other bob wilson
05-12-21, 10:22
Having had my booster ten days ago, I decided to do what I wouldn’t have done before that and caught the train to yesterday’s game. I’d been wary of getting on a packed train at Ninian Park to travel to Cardiff central after the match, but it was just as bad on the train down from Treherbert - it was just two carriages and soon filled up to that extent that it was too crowded for many of those waiting at Llandaff station to get on.

Then, when I got off at Cardiff Central there were notices alerting travellers as to widespread cancellations on Valley Line trains which I learned was down to a lack of guards and it was impossible to tell whether scheduled trains would be running until about an hour before they were due to leave. I must admit that, with a train to Treherbert waiting to leave a few yards away from me, I was minded to jump on it and go straight back home, but I was assured that if I went to the game, I’d definitely be able to get home, but it maybe later than planned.

After the game, I decided to wait at the ground for a while and catch the second train to leave Ninian Park at a quarter to six only to find that the earlier one was cancelled and that turned out to be a bit of a waste of time, but the good news was that the scheduled train from Cardiff Central to Treherbert was running and, although crowded for much of the journey, it was as bad as the one to Cardiff had been earlier.

However, it seems to that a lack of guards hardly is something that would be seasonal brought on by Christmas (I suppose it might have something to do with Covid?) and so is it a normal occurrence now to have so many trains cancelled? If it is, it’s another case of things not working as well as they once did in this country (eg A and E in Cardiff, empty shelves in supermarkets, a shortage of lorry drivers, no power to people for nine days at least etc. etc) - is the UK slowly going to pot?

Eric the Half a Bee
05-12-21, 10:30
Having had my booster ten days ago, I decided to do what I wouldn’t have done before that and caught the train to yesterday’s game. I’d been wary of getting on a packed train at Ninian Park to travel to Cardiff central after the match, but it was just as bad on the train down from Treherbert - it was just two carriages and soon filled up to that extent that it was too crowded for many of those waiting at Llandaff station to get on.

Then, when I got off at Cardiff Central there were notices alerting travellers as to widespread cancellations on Valley Line trains which I learned was down to a lack of guards and it was impossible to tell whether scheduled trains would be running until about an hour before they were due to leave. I must admit that, with a train to Treherbert waiting to leave a few yards away from me, I was minded to jump on it and go straight back home, but I was assured that if I went to the game, I’d definitely be able to get home, but it maybe later than planned.

After the game, I decided to wait at the ground for a while and catch the second train to leave Ninian Park at a quarter to six only to find that the earlier one was cancelled and that turned out to be a bit of a waste of time, but the good news was that the scheduled train from Cardiff Central to Treherbert was running and, although crowded for much of the journey, it was as bad as the one to Cardiff had been earlier.

However, it seems to that a lack of guards hardly is something that would be seasonal brought on by Christmas (I suppose it might have something to do with Covid?) and so is it a normal occurrence now to have so many trains cancelled? If it is, it’s another case of things not working as well as they once did in this country (eg A and E in Cardiff, empty shelves in supermarkets, a shortage of lorry drivers, no power to people for nine days at least etc. etc) - is the UK slowly going to pot?

Much of it is down to Covid. There are similarities with the bus industry where there are driver shortages.

JumpersforGoalposts
05-12-21, 10:52
I was on the train yesterday and did notice at Central post match that every "local" service was absolutely rammed.
What seems ridiculous to me is that with a shortage of staff and less services running they don't manage to get additional carriages onto the services that do run.

the other bob wilson
05-12-21, 11:04
I was on the train yesterday and did notice at Central post match that every "local" service was absolutely rammed.
What seems ridiculous to me is that with a shortage of staff and less services running they don't manage to get additional carriages onto the services that do run.

:thumbup:

poc
05-12-21, 11:49

i think it is, after waiting for 45 mins on the phone friday againfor the doctors to be told we are two doctors short call back next week:frown:everything seems f**ked, im a year late waiting for treatment in hospital:frown:

Mario Miethig
05-12-21, 11:58
I got the train from Caerphilly yesterday. Only 4 carriages and we were literally packed in there like sardines. People trying to get on at the stations between Caerphilly and Queen Street had virtually no chance of getting on. Wouldn’t be surprised if I get covid from that experience.
Didn’t realise they were short staffed so less trains, as I also caught the train for City’s last home Saturday game, which was the same day Wales were playing Rugby and there were no issues with over crowding that day.

JamesWales
05-12-21, 12:02
As someone who gets the trains in South Wales daily and has done for years, I was initially excited by the arrival of TfL and the end of Arriva Trains.

They are equally shite mind. And I do have sympathy with the pandemic and Drakefords never ending work from home mandate which must destroy revenue, but still..

There seems to be a lack of strategy and some dubious practical decisions. And I've worked with them on some stuff and theres a lot of people doing things behind the scenes very very slowly.

Eric the Half a Bee
05-12-21, 16:35

Not always that simple.

Every hour there's a train that goes from Merthyr to Bridgend on the Vale of Glamorgan line. It returns to Aberdare, back to Barry Island then onto Merthyr again.

Suppose it hasn't got a train crew to take over in Central to get it to Merthyr. You could then add it to the next Merthyr train. However, it might have a train crew when it arrives next in Central on the way to Bridgend, but if you've attached it to another service then there is no train available and so there's even more disruption.

dembethewarrior
05-12-21, 16:55
Not always that simple.

Every hour there's a train that goes from Merthyr to Bridgend on the Vale of Glamorgan line. It returns to Aberdare, back to Barry Island then onto Merthyr again.

Suppose it hasn't got a train crew to take over in Central to get it to Merthyr. You could then add it to the next Merthyr train. However, it might have a train crew when it arrives next in Central on the way to Bridgend, but if you've attached it to another service then there is no train available and so there's even more disruption.

:thumbup:

JumpersforGoalposts
05-12-21, 18:01
Not always that simple.

Indeed almost certainly not "simple", but clearly beyond the capabilities of the managers of these services.

dembethewarrior
05-12-21, 18:09
Indeed almost certainly not "simple", but clearly beyond the capabilities of the managers of these services.

Or the stock at their disposal.

They can't just throw carriages out there either, they have maintenance schedules etc. It's not as simple as one man getting it all wrong.

JumpersforGoalposts
05-12-21, 18:22
Or the stock at their disposal.

They can't just throw carriages out there either, they have maintenance schedules etc. It's not as simple as one man getting it all wrong.

So are you saying the services not running due to crewing issues message was just nonsense to cover up the fact they fecked up their maintenance schedules?

UNDERHILL1927
05-12-21, 18:25
Ridiculous yesterday, got two Ubers in the end. Just can't trust the fecking trains

dembethewarrior
05-12-21, 18:27
So are you saying the services not running due to crewing issues message was just nonsense to cover up the fact they fecked up their maintenance schedules?
No, that was in reply to asking why they can't just lump on extra carriages during service.

dembethewarrior
05-12-21, 18:27
Ridiculous yesterday, got two Ubers in the end. Just can't trust the fecking trains

What's wrong with all the 7s or all the 3s? ****ing uber? Posh student **** :hehe:

UNDERHILL1927
05-12-21, 21:21
What's wrong with all the 7s or all the 3s? ****ing uber? Posh student **** :hehe:

Uber is far cheaper and easier to arrange, even for a 41 year old 😀

dembethewarrior
05-12-21, 21:24
Uber is far cheaper and easier to arrange, even for a 41 year old 😀

:hehe: was only pissing around.

Don't think we get uber in the valleys just pray for a taxi

UNDERHILL1927
05-12-21, 21:32
:hehe: was only pissing around.

Don't think we get uber in the valleys just pray for a taxi

Haha I know mate. More likely to get a unicorn than a train that runs at the moment

dembethewarrior
05-12-21, 21:36
Haha I know mate. More likely to get a unicorn than a train that runs at the moment

Ain't caught one for a while tbh

Eric the Half a Bee
05-12-21, 21:40

Beyond the capabilities of the manager of these services but within the grasp of a poster on this messageboard.

I look forward to your proposals in how extra carriages can be added ad hoc without affecting further services. You seem to know how it all works. Glad to have your expertise on here.

dembethewarrior
05-12-21, 21:43
Beyond the capabilities of the manager of these services but within the grasp of a poster on this messageboard.

I look forward to your proposals in how extra carriages can be added ad hoc without affecting further services. You seem to know how it all works. Glad to have your expertise on here.

Made me chuckle that did :hehe:

I did 6 months down in Canton at arriva it's not as pkain sailing as the public seem to imagine it to be.

Eric the Half a Bee
05-12-21, 21:51
Made me chuckle that did :hehe:

I did 6 months down in Canton at arriva it's not as pkain sailing as the public seem to imagine it to be.

I know more about the bus industry from family working in it. It's hilarious sometimes when you hear passengers talking about bus failings. Not a clue! :hehe:

Jordi Culé
05-12-21, 22:03
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59518933

Nothing to worry about, it’s all in hand.

dembethewarrior
05-12-21, 22:15
I know more about the bus industry from family working in it. It's hilarious sometimes when you hear passengers talking about bus failings. Not a clue! :hehe:

Brother in law is a fitter for what us now TfW, you are right swap and change train/bus but its not as simple as the public think when they revert to type and just start moaning and ranting.

Wozza16
05-12-21, 23:50
Fair play covid has screwed TFW pretty much 1 year into its contract, think a lot of people have unreasonable expectations that things would change overnight. It'll be interesting now that the new trains will come online next year, the massive under investment in the Welsh railway system is crazy.

Normally a rail operator would come in and take 1-2 aspects of the business, TFW has had to come in as a new body, improve infrastructure, stock, customer service and operations, new HQ, electrification etc after the shambles of Arriva and the contract Westminster gave them

NYCBlue
06-12-21, 00:26
Do you have to wear a mask on public transport?

dembethewarrior
06-12-21, 00:32
Do you have to wear a mask on public transport?

In the article above it said yes.

I've not used it for yonks..

the other bob wilson
06-12-21, 07:07
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59518933

Nothing to worry about, it’s all in hand.

Well, either the situation has completely changed in the last four months or he's not got a bloody clue.

Reading some of the replies on this thread, it's almost as if some think we should be grateful to have any trains at all - my own view is that TTL should never have got close to being awarded the contract if what I saw on Saturday is the best they can offer even after making an allowance for Covid.

I'm pretty sure I'm right in thinking that, unlike other Valley Line routes, the service from Treherbert to Cardiff Central only operates along that route and does not go on to places like Barry, Bridgend and Penarth like others do. Therefore, for that service anyway, I see no reason why they could not ensure that all trains running on a Saturday three weeks before Christmas consisted of four carriages.

I turned up at Treherbert station on Saturday at around midday to catch my first train in over a year and, having given up on trying to buy a ticket from the non responsive machine on the platform, groaned to myself when I saw that the approaching train only had two two carriages. Pre Covid, I used to use such trains to get to matches regularly and knew how crowded a two carriage train got, so I was expecting it to be bad, but it turned out to be worse than any I caught pre Covid - if I knew that a two carriage train was too small for the requirements of this particular service, why on earth didn't the person who authorised such a small train?

The line to Treherbert is a single track from Porth onwards apart from at Ystryd station which has two platforms where trains can pass each other. Invariably, this leads to short delays while the other train makes its way to the only place where they can pass, but there was none of that on Saturday on either journey because there was not another train coming from the other direction - like so many others, it had been cancelled.

I was on one of the new trains for both journeys and in terms of getting squashed like sardines (that Tory councillor in the link is spot on based on my experience on Saturday), they are no different from the old ones - as mentioned in my first post, people gave up trying to get on the train at Llandaff because it was so crowded.

Is it unreasonable to expect a size of train which is able to fit demand? Is it reasonable to expect advertised trains to actually run and not be cancelled at short notice?

As for masks, I'd say about seventy five per cent of passengers were wearing them and that the huge majority of those who weren't were under thirty - I'm not too bothered about the possibility of catching Covid having had my booster ten days before travelling, but, if I can describe it this way, I've not been in a more Covid friendly situation than when I was on that crowded train from Treherbert on Saturday (to be fair, the other three trains I caught weren't as bad as the first one).

the other bob wilson
06-12-21, 07:21
One other thing, because I didn't see a ticket collector on either journey I didn't have to pay a penny in fares (the fact I tried to buy tickets from the machine at Treherbert station proves I was not trying to dodge payment). It happened about half of the times I'd travel to and from games pre Covid as well. The truth is that, unless you're getting off at Cardiff Central or Queen Street where you have to have a ticket to get out of the building, it's so easy to travel on these trains without paying - I'm not complaining because I reckon it's saved me around £100 since I moved up here, but just think of all the money the operators are missing out on, money which could be ploughed into trying to avoid the sort of situation which arose on Saturday.

dembethewarrior
06-12-21, 07:22
Well, either the situation has completely changed in the last four months or he's not got a bloody clue.

Reading some of the replies on this thread, it's almost as if some think we should be grateful to have any trains at all - my own view is that TTL should never have got close to being awarded the contract if what I saw on Saturday is the best they can offer even after making an allowance for Covid.

I'm pretty sure I'm right in thinking that, unlike other Valley Line routes, the service from Treherbert to Cardiff Central only operates along that route and does not go on to places like Barry, Bridgend and Penarth like others do. Therefore, for that service anyway, I see no reason why they could not ensure that all trains running on a Saturday three weeks before Christmas consisted of four carriages.

I turned up at Treherbert station on Saturday at around midday to catch my first train in over a year and, having given up on trying to buy a ticket from the non responsive machine on the platform, groaned to myself when I saw that the approaching train only had two two carriages. Pre Covid, I used to use such trains to get to matches regularly and knew how crowded a two carriage train got, so I was expecting it to be bad, but it turned out to be worse than any I caught pre Covid - if I knew that a two carriage train was too small for the requirements of this particular service, why on earth didn't the person who authorised such a small train?

The line to Treherbert is a single track from Porth onwards apart from at Ystryd station which has two platforms where trains can pass each other. Invariably, this leads to short delays while the other train makes its way to the only place where they can pass, but there was none of that on Saturday on either journey because there was not another train coming from the other direction - like so many others, it had been cancelled.

I was on one of the new trains for both journeys and in terms of getting squashed like sardines (that Tory councillor in the link is spot on based on my experience on Saturday), they are no different from the old ones - as mentioned in my first post, people gave up trying to get on the train at Llandaff because it was so crowded.

Is it unreasonable to expect a size of train which is able to fit demand? Is it reasonable to expect advertised trains to actually run and not be cancelled at short notice?

As for masks, I'd say about seventy five per cent of passengers were wearing them and that the huge majority of those who weren't were under thirty - I'm not too bothered about the possibility of catching Covid having had my booster ten days before travelling, but, if I can describe it this way, I've not been in a more Covid friendly situation than when I was on that crowded train from Treherbert on Saturday (to be fair, the other three trains I caught weren't as bad as the first one).

It couuld be possible, Bob, that the Treherbert train doesn't just run back and forth Treherbert and Cardiff Central all day. Some services are terminated at central station, could it be that there they are re routed, and someone somewhere in an office behind a computer has a bit more of an idea what's going on?

splott parker
06-12-21, 07:27
Getting to and from the ground on a match seems to be more difficult than ever on public transport. Seems to be a nightmare for those living outside the city. Those of us who just want to get there from town have been let down badly by the demise of the football bus. Why it’s been stopped without explanation is baffling.

The Bloop
06-12-21, 07:39
Still staff shortages this morning .
Can someone explain how the new trains will help the situation, because that seems to be TFW's defence at the moment?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/transport-wales-cancels-services-due-22373203#ICID=Android_WalesOnlineNewsApp_AppShare

Citizen's Nephew
06-12-21, 07:43
Getting to and from the ground on a match seems to be more difficult than ever on public transport. Seems to be a nightmare for those living outside the city. Those of us who just want to get there from town have been let down badly by the demise of the football bus. Why it’s been stopped without explanation is baffling.

I agree with this. The club could do so much more in terms of match-day travel. It's bad for able-bodied supporters, imagine what its like for disabled supporters? The answer is, a lot won't be able to go in both groups which is ridiculous. A shuttle service would be a start. Integrate travel and ticket to home matches too.

Eric the Half a Bee
06-12-21, 08:35

I get that frustration. It can be as bad coming down from Aberdare.

There is one simple reason all trains can't be 4 car units all day on one route - rolling stock. There aren't the carriages available unless you take them off other route. Then you have issues elsewhere.

It all stems from the last contract ATW were awarded, which failed to consider the amount of growth in passengers over the period. Since then TfW have been playing catch up. They also retired the old Pacers as they were not DDA compliant.

It's not even as simple as borrowing some units from other TOCs. Across the UK there is a shortage of actual carriages.

dembethewarrior
06-12-21, 08:43

There is one simple reason all trains can't be 4 car units all day on one route - rolling stock. There aren't the carriages available unless you take them off other route. Then you have issues elsewhere.

It all stems from the last contract ATW were awarded, which failed to consider the amount of growth in passengers over the period. Since then TfW have been playing catch up. They also retired the old Pacers as they were not DDA compliant.

It's not even as simple as borrowing some units from other TOCs. Across the UK there is a shortage of actual carriages.
Claps..

WJ99mobile
06-12-21, 08:54
Much of it is down to Covid. There are similarities with the bus industry where there are driver shortages.

I don't get it - is there ANY industry without shortages?

dembethewarrior
06-12-21, 09:01
I don't get it - is there ANY industry without shortages?

Railways. Very often too many men signed up with companies for the work they have available..

JamesWales
06-12-21, 09:07

Can the Pacers be attached to the back of modern units? ie, the train is DDA compliabt but not all carriages are.

It did strike me when TfL were making a lot of noise about getting rid of the 'hated' Pacers. I'd rather four of them on a busy service than two modern carriages.

dembethewarrior
06-12-21, 09:12
Can the Pacers be attached to the back of modern units? ie, the train is DDA compliabt but not all carriages are.

It did strike me when TfL were making a lot of noise about getting rid of the 'hated' Pacers. I'd rather four of them on a busy service than two modern carriages.

You'd imagine if they could..they would.

Cleve van Leef
06-12-21, 09:19

Your best bet Bob is to move to Sloper Road, you won’t have a problem then. Overcrowding of trains isn’t a new problem, it’s been one for years, lack of rolling stock is the problem no matter what excuse they come out with. It’s better for them to have crowded trains than to spend on new stock. Greed.

dembethewarrior
06-12-21, 09:28
Still staff shortages this morning .
Can someone explain how the new trains will help the situation, because that seems to be TFW's defence at the moment?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/transport-wales-cancels-services-due-22373203#ICID=Android_WalesOnlineNewsApp_AppShare

Your best bet Bob is to move to Sloper Road, you won’t have a problem then. Overcrowding of trains isn’t a new problem, it’s been one for years, lack of rolling stock is the problem no matter what excuse they come out with. It’s better for them to have crowded trains than to spend on new stock. Greed.

chrisp_1927
06-12-21, 10:11
Service over the weekend was bloody horrendous. Cancellations galore from tfw. Tfw management have to take a lot of blame for the current situation, other operators aren't having the same problems as they are. All they seem interested in is putting up posters saying how good it will be in 2 years, seemingly no interest in running a decent service in the present

dembethewarrior
06-12-21, 10:26
Service over the weekend was bloody horrendous. Cancellations galore from tfw. Tfw management have to take a lot of blame for the current situation, other operators aren't having the same problems as they are. All they seem interested in is putting up posters saying how good it will be in 2 years, seemingly no interest in running a decent service in the present

They don't have the rolling stock

This thread is bonkers.

the other bob wilson
06-12-21, 10:31

This thread is bonkers.

This thread is not bonkers, this thread reflects the truly awful service provided on a Saturday just before Christmas- I bet more of this problem from the previous weekend played a part in it as well.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/overcrowding-match-day-services-caused-22303462

chrisp_1927
06-12-21, 10:33

This thread is bonkers.

The service is horrendous, why do you feel the need to deny that ? Tfw management have been too slow to get a handle on the ridiculous 769 situation. There is also a big staffing problem at tfw presently, and that's also a situation that tfw management should have got a grip of. The current service is disgraceful, it's not fair on passengers, and it's not fair on the front line tfw staff.

dembethewarrior
06-12-21, 10:36
The service is horrendous, why do you feel the need to deny that ? Tfw management have been too slow to get a handle on the ridiculous 769 situation. There is also a big staffing problem at tfw presently, and that's also a situation that tfw management should have got a grip of. The current service is disgraceful, it's not fair on passengers, and it's not fair on the front line tfw staff.
"Seemingly not interested in running a decent service in the mean time"

They don't have the rolling stock to keep up with the demand. Obviously service is going to suffer as a consequence.

People are making out like they are doing it for no reason and can't be arsed.

dembethewarrior
06-12-21, 10:37
This thread is not bonkers, this thread reflects the truly awful service provided on a Saturday just before Christmas- I bet more of this problem from the previous weekend played a part in it as well.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/overcrowding-match-day-services-caused-22303462

Service issues which are down to not enough carriages..they don't have enough rolling stock. I feel Sludge repeating that point over and over in this thread.

the other bob wilson
06-12-21, 10:41
Service issues which are down to not enough carriages..they don't have enough rolling stock. I feel Sludge repeating that point over and over in this thread.

And I feel the same way with you just parroting a line which you seem to think makes the whole thing perfectly acceptable- have a look at these pictures, they’d be bad enough under normal circumstances, but in a pandemic?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/trains-overcrowding-cardiff-rugby-wales-22229883

chrisp_1927
06-12-21, 10:42
"Seemingly not interested in running a decent service in the mean time"

They don't have the rolling stock to keep up with the demand. Obviously service is going to suffer as a consequence.

People are making out like they are doing it for no reason and can't be arsed.

That was maybe slightly hyperbolic, I will admit. But I don't think it's too far from the truth. I'm not normally into a 'blame it on the board ' type mentality, but I think it is perfectly justified in this situation. The service has been an absolute joke for months, their crewing issues seem to be the worst in the country. There has been too much silly pr and promises from tfw, with nowhere near enough delivery.

dembethewarrior
06-12-21, 10:43
That was maybe slightly hyperbolic, I will admit. But I don't think it's too far from the truth. I'm not normally into a 'blame it on the board ' type mentality, but I think it is perfectly justified in this situation. The service has been an absolute joke for months, their crewing issues seem to be the worst in the country. There has been too much silly pr and promises from tfw, with nowhere near enough delivery.

They don't have all the new trains yet they are still being built.

the other bob wilson
06-12-21, 10:43
And I feel the same way with you just parroting a line which you seem to think makes the whole thing perfectly acceptable- have a look at these pictures, they’d be bad enough under normal circumstances, but in a pandemic?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/trains-overcrowding-cardiff-rugby-wales-22229883

I take it you didn’t read the link about longer trains not being used I linked to.

dembethewarrior
06-12-21, 10:46

I don't need to look at pictures. I've caught a train before I know what it's like.on 2 carriages from NP Station with kids in tow..

I am parroting it because it is a justified reason, one, that is part of the issue causing the pictures you want me to look at.

You can't seem to grasp the logistics of carriage swapping either and how it's not as straightforward, bit you've moved on from that now.

Keep posting. They still don't have the carriages to for the demand. Overcrowding and delays are inevitable. Moaning about it on here won't change that.

chrisp_1927
06-12-21, 10:57
They don't have all the new trains yet they are still being built.

That is true, there are however more 153s in storage around the country. Tfw should be a lot more aggressive in chasing derogations to get them in and attached to compliant units. Tfw also would have had the data and reports from maintenance telling them how bad these 769s were. They needed to be a lot more aggressive in chasing extensions and derogations for the Pacers. To top it all off, their crewing situation is appalling. Lots of cancellations due to lack of traincrew. Other operators aren't having issues to the same degree in staffing their trains.

The issues you mention are correct, but I still think it's reasonable to have expected tfw to cope better with the situation.

dembethewarrior
06-12-21, 11:00
That is true, there are however more 153s in storage around the country. Tfw should be a lot more aggressive in chasing derogations to get them in and attached to compliant units. Tfw also would have had the data and reports from maintenance telling them how bad these 769s were. They needed to be a lot more aggressive in chasing extensions and derogations for the Pacers. To top it all off, their crewing situation is appalling. Lots of cancellations due to lack of traincrew. Other operators aren't having issues to the same degree in staffing their trains.

The issues you mention are correct, but I still think it's reasonable to have expected tfw to cope better with the situation.
Are the 153s compliant with the new trains?

Aren't there shortages in other areas as well? If so how are there trains in storage. Are they in storage because they are old and can't be used? If they are fine why aren't they being used (if compliant)

dembethewarrior
06-12-21, 11:00

How can they cope better if they don't have the carriages to fit demand. They aren't built yet :hehe:

the other bob wilson
06-12-21, 11:06
I don't need to look at pictures. I've caught a train before I know what it's like.on 2 carriages from NP Station with kids in tow..

I am parroting it because it is a justified reason, one, that is part of the issue causing the pictures you want me to look at.

You can't seem to grasp the logistics of carriage swapping either and how it's not as straightforward, bit you've moved on from that now.

Keep posting. They still don't have the carriages to for the demand. Overcrowding and delays are inevitable. Moaning about it on here won't change that.

Your first paragraph says so much about why the world is such a divided place these days, why can’t you just click on the link i posted? People won’t think any less of you if you do.

Mind you, I see you’re now saying that the lack of rolling stock is only part of the reason for the overcrowding, so that’s some progress - you are acknowledging that there are other reasons.

As for carriage swapping, I suggested a novel approach (allocate a train to the same line for a whole day) which would mean that there would be no need for any swapping which you ignored.

I’ve admitted that there will be overcrowding and delays - there were when I travelled to games just before Christmas in 2018 and 2019, but the point you can’t appreciate because you weren’t there was that Saturday was exceptional in my experience, although, based on the links about what happened the previous weekend, it may be becoming the norm.

dembethewarrior
06-12-21, 11:11
Your first paragraph says so much about why the world is such a divided place these days, why can’t you just click on the link i posted? People won’t think any less of you if you do.

Mind you, I see you’re now saying that the lack of rolling stock is only part of the reason for the overcrowding, so that’s some progress - you are acknowledging that there are other reasons.

As for carriage swapping, I suggested a novel approach (allocate a train to the same line for a whole day) which would mean that there would be no need for any swapping which you ignored.

I’ve admitted that there will be overcrowding and delays - there were when I travelled to games just before Christmas in 2018 and 2019, but the point you can’t appreciate because you weren’t there was that Saturday was exceptional in my experience, although, based on the links about what happened the previous weekend, it may be becoming the norm.

I have always said that was the problem. Read the thread bob.

You told mw what the link was, pictures of overcrowding. I am not dividing the world by not clicking on it, that's rather dramatic even by ccmb standards.

I didn't ignore it, I said maybe someone else in an office somewhere has an idea of why they can't..

the other bob wilson
06-12-21, 11:14
I have always said that was the problem. Read the thread bob.

You told mw what the link was, pictures of overcrowding. I am not dividing the world by not clicking on it, that's rather dramatic even by ccmb standards.

But why won’t you click on it? Now that seem bonkers to me.

I’ve finished with this thread for now anyway - too much like banging your head against a brick wall.

dembethewarrior
06-12-21, 11:17
But why won’t you click on it? Now that seem bonkers to me.

I’ve finished with this thread for now anyway - too much like banging your head against a brick wall.

I don't know why I need to, you've told me it's overcrowding. You've literally told me what I am going to see when I click the link.

So my answer about the person, trained, in an office, that knows best about how to utilise the stock on routes was satisfactory and you are now done with the thread that makes me happy because I can now leave the thread too.

chrisp_1927
06-12-21, 11:41
How can they cope better if they don't have the carriages to fit demand. They aren't built yet :hehe:

I'm starting to think you're just on a wind up now

JamesWales
06-12-21, 12:02
I clicked on the link and it was actually one of TOBW's willy.

Former Labour leader
06-12-21, 12:06
Not his....too big.

the other bob wilson
06-12-21, 12:08

I know Wales Online are desperate for stories, but even they’re not that desperate.

dembethewarrior
06-12-21, 12:10
I'm starting to think you're just on a wind up now

The problem is overcrowded trains.

What other solution do you see to that other than more carriages? Which are being built?

I have a different view on it, why am I on a wind up? Why is that the ccmb go to response when people don't like an opinion or how someone posts? It's a bit sad.

JamesWales
06-12-21, 12:15
I know Wales Online are desperate for stories, but even they’re not that desperate.

WiliesOnline

dembethewarrior
06-12-21, 12:16
You mention the 153 carriages. These do not meet PRM standards (persons with reduced mobility)

Probably what there's so many in storage.

Another one answered. On we move.

llan bluebird
06-12-21, 13:00
I usually jump on at Llanishen. On a Saturday there's roughly 4 an hour, only have to stand on rugby days........Seems enough rolling stock then.

It was shambolic, it was as if there were no rules and even less explanation. You can't go elsewhere as they are the only game in Wales.

Citizen's Nephew
06-12-21, 13:21

TOBW + TFW + WOL = NSFW

JamesWales
06-12-21, 13:23
TOBW + TFW + WOL = NSFW

ROFL

chrisp_1927
06-12-21, 13:33
You mention the 153 carriages. These do not meet PRM standards (persons with reduced mobility)

Probably what there's so many in storage.

Another one answered. On we move.

Hence why I said they should have applied for more derogations.