PDA

View Full Version : Does this leak of info affect any posters on here ?

Cyclops
06-12-21, 17:47
I don't have many avatars, but I do have one on here and my email address has been included in an Firefox advise that it's in the hands of hackers re: a Gravatar leak.

Anyone else had such a notification?

https://www.itnews.com.au/news/gravatar-profile-add-on-leaks-data-on-millions-of-users-573607

dembethewarrior
06-12-21, 17:50
I didn't really understand any of that.

life on mars
06-12-21, 18:17
MD5 hashes

HaveIBeenPwned

enumerate user profile data from Gravatar via the JSON data interchange format.

All above = headache

RichardM
06-12-21, 21:28
I don't have many avatars, but I do have one on here and my email address has been included in an Firefox advise that it's in the hands of hackers re: a Gravatar leak.

Anyone else had such a notification?

https://www.itnews.com.au/news/gravatar-profile-add-on-leaks-data-on-millions-of-users-573607

Yes

Cyclops
06-12-21, 21:35
Any thoughts on this, Mike?

I've only got avatars on a few FootyMad forums......

RichardM
06-12-21, 22:29
Any thoughts on this, Mike?

I've only got avatars on a few FootyMad forums......

As far as I can see all that the hackers have is your Gravatar username and your email address. I don't think there are any steps you need to take because of the hack, just expect more spam as your email address is sold around the world.

dembethewarrior
06-12-21, 22:31
As far as I can see all that the hackers have is your Gravatar username and your email address. I don't think there are any steps you need to take because of the hack, just expect more spam as your email address is sold around the world.

That was easier to understand.

Cyclops
06-12-21, 22:36

Yeah, that's what I think.
Plus I have different passwords for each account that relates to the email address.
But I get enough spam as it is........

blue matt
06-12-21, 22:39

does footymad use Gravatar ? ? ?

as vBulletin has its own that avatars the MB hosts and just uses them

dembethewarrior
06-12-21, 22:45
does footymad use Gravatar ? ? ?

Not sure, not sure, not sure.