PDA

View Full Version : Mo Salah- needs a pair of Speedos

Ivortheengine
13-12-21, 12:28
He should be in the next Olympics representing Egypt at Diving. Unfortunately , he’s typical of the way our great game is going. Players go down all too easy these days and it’s not good for the game. Most players are probably told to go down in the penalty area, as there is every chance they’ll get their reward, especially with VAR to help them. It’s no wonder our game is suffering.

SLUDGE FACTORY
13-12-21, 14:30
He should be in the next Olympics representing Egypt at Diving. Unfortunately , he’s typical of the way our great game is going. Players go down all too easy these days and it’s not good for the game. Most players are probably told to go down in the penalty area, as there is every chance they’ll get their reward, especially with VAR to help them. It’s no wonder our game is suffering.

I hate divers

Phil Stant served in the Falklands, as soon as he came anywhere near a defender he fell down like he had been shot

Dorcus
13-12-21, 14:45
That Tom Daley does it all the time, absolutely blatant and outrageous. Yet he never seems to get penalised! What's more I've never seen him score a goal in open play.

life on mars
13-12-21, 16:56
He'd make a splash anywhere he goes, wish we had some of these highly skilled divers , having said that would championship referees actually see the moment ?

Rock_Flock_of_Five
14-12-21, 04:47

Surely there's as much chance of VAR NOT giving a penalty to a player who dives?

EastbourneBlue
14-12-21, 06:40
I hate divers

Phil Stant served in the Falklands, as soon as he came anywhere near a defender he fell down like he had been shot

Genuinely? I was 8/9 when I was watching Stant so didn’t realise he was a diver.

The Bloop
14-12-21, 06:49
Surely there's as much chance of VAR NOT giving a penalty to a player who dives?

If there's contact and a player goes down then VAR won't overturn it. Trouble is that it's not the level of contact that has caused the player to go down.

Rock_Flock_of_Five
14-12-21, 07:53
Genuinely? I was 8/9 when I was watching Stant so didn’t realise he was a diver.
I watched Stant play for the City. My abiding memory of him (apart from the goals) was he would always finish a game soaked in sweat, even on a cold January evening!

Funnily enough, the tattoos too. A common feature of footballers nowadays, but not so common back then.

"Stant a diver"? - not in my eyes he wasn't.

blue matt
14-12-21, 08:11
I watched Stant play for the City. My abiding memory of him (apart from the goals) was he would always finish a game soaked in sweat, even on a cold January evening!

Funnily enough, the tattoos too. A common feature of footballers nowadays, but not so common back then.

I must have seen every game he played for us, as I was ever present at that time

He was kicked a lot back then ( but he gave some back ), was he a diver ? ? no in my eyes aswell, not even close

Dave Blue
14-12-21, 08:14
He did have a knack of manufacturing a foul. That may be different to ‘diving’.

blue matt
14-12-21, 08:18
He did have a knack of manufacturing a foul. That may be different to ‘diving’.

oh he knew how to draw the foul, but thats a art in itself, kieffer does it very well

SLUDGE FACTORY
14-12-21, 09:37

Oh yes

SLUDGE FACTORY
14-12-21, 09:38

Yep he took a tumble at the slightest of contact which was odd given his background

SLUDGE FACTORY
14-12-21, 09:40
I must have seen every game he played for us, as I was ever present at that time

He was kicked a lot back then ( but he gave some back ), was he a diver ? ? no in my eyes aswell, not even close

He was a diver , got stuck in but fell over like a girls blouse

Rjk
14-12-21, 09:41
if I was in charge of VAR there would be a lot fewer penalties and free kicks given.

went down a bit too easily? no free kick
rolled around pretending to be injured ? no free kick

SLUDGE FACTORY
14-12-21, 09:45
if I was in charge of VAR there would be a lot fewer penalties and free kicks given.

went down a bit too easily? no free kick
rolled around pretending to be injured ? no free kick

And send them off

Rjk
14-12-21, 09:50
And send them off

yep.

the ones that annoy me the most are where there is some contact, and the player immediately throw their hands in the air and flick their feet up as they tumble to the ground. that's such an unnatural movement.
if the contact isn't enough to bring them down and they go down then it should not be a free kick

Rock_Flock_of_Five
14-12-21, 09:58

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that.

SLUDGE FACTORY
14-12-21, 09:58
yep.

the ones that annoy me the most are where there is some contact, and the player immediately throw their hands in the air and flick their feet up as they tumble to the ground. that's such an unnatural movement.
if the contact isn't enough to bring them down and they go down then it should not be a free kick

It's not oh there was contact as they say on MOTD .......its what a ponce send him off he's a cheat !

SLUDGE FACTORY
14-12-21, 10:00
We'll just have to agree to disagree on that.

His classic was right in front of the away fans at Halifax, he fell down like a sheet , 🤣, no way was it a penalty but the ref gave it

We were incredulous

life on mars
14-12-21, 18:06

Stant _- Ex SAS - Girls Blouse !!!! oh dear , are your life insurances fully paid up ?, he reads this board ?

SLUDGE FACTORY
14-12-21, 18:15
Stant _- Ex SAS - Girls Blouse !!!! oh dear , are your life insurances fully paid up ?, he reads this board ?

He still loved conning the ref

stan butler
15-12-21, 17:34
Stant a diver :facepalm:
Watching Stant and the team back then i don't think we had one player that was a known diver

Divine Wright
15-12-21, 23:07
Glen Murray on MOTD said Leicester's first penalty was correctly awarded with his justification being that Madison "bought" the penalty.

That just means that he dived. And he did. And it should have been a yellow card and a free kick to Newcastle.

On the subject of penalties, and I think I have said this before on here, but if the authorities are interested in changing any other aspects of the game , they should change how penalties are awarded. How is it that a striker could be running away from goal, in the furthest corner of the penalty area (20 plus yards from goal), get fouled and be awarded a free shot on goal from 12 yards ? In whose mind could that ever have been considered fair punishment ?

SLUDGE FACTORY
16-12-21, 06:16
Glen Murray on MOTD said Leicester's first penalty was correctly awarded with his justification being that Madison "bought" the penalty.

That just means that he dived. And he did. And it should have been a yellow card and a free kick to Newcastle.

On the subject of penalties, and I think I have said this before on here, but if the authorities are interested in changing any other aspects of the game , they should change how penalties are awarded. How is it that a striker could be running away from goal, in the furthest corner of the penalty area (20 plus yards from goal), get fouled and be awarded a free shot on goal from 12 yards ? In whose mind could that ever have been considered fair punishment ?

Absolutely, it's cheating

I hate diving , the fact that our own players do it doesn't make it right

The football authorities are tossers and are chinless and spineless

Every game should be analysed for free kicks and penalties and action taken against players who con the ref

Not a yellow card

A six match ban

Mo Salah won't be flying in the air like a pone then as he will be sat in the stand

It won't end diving and cheating but it will cut it down

And that's got to be a move forward

SLUDGE FACTORY
16-12-21, 06:16

Or not even get fouled and get a penalty 🙄