PDA

View Full Version : Will Footballers Vaccine Reluctancy Close It Down

life on mars
15-12-21, 19:36
As the new variant is more transmissible, and lots of footballers have not even had the initial two vaccines , never mind the booster , we may see a shut down of fixtures, as we see games being cancelled , due to positive cases at clubs ??.

Its alleged 19 players at Man U may have Covid

Watford v Burnley now postponed with fans already on the road ?

19bluebirds27
15-12-21, 20:13
Im sure I heard that In Germany players won’t be paid if they haven’t had the vaccine and they get covid.

Freedom of choice aside, but you got to see it from the employers side too.
Difference is with top level sport - the player could be a multi million point asset, so the club need to tread carefully.
But if the governing body/sponsors and TV companies dictates this then there won’t be that resistance.

Dobbo
15-12-21, 21:53
Devils vs Dundee off tonight,one Dundee player tested positive for covid.I fear in the coming weeks many more games will be affected.

life on mars
16-12-21, 00:10
I wonder if there was conflict at the City between Mick and the players around vaccine take up?

life on mars
16-12-21, 14:56
:sherlock:

Trigger
16-12-21, 15:07
Do we know there are many that haven't been jabbed? I know a few people this week that have tested positive but have been jabbed.

I'd also imagine a lot of younger players may have been previously infected which is basically a dose of vaccine.

tomcat
16-12-21, 18:24
Do we know there are many that haven't been jabbed? I know a few people this week that have tested positive but have been jabbed.

I'd also imagine a lot of younger players may have been previously infected which is basically a dose of vaccine.

I've been "advised" that quite a few senior players have refused the jabs, one maybe our most expensive asset. I guess the club can't force them so it's difficult all round. We do have our fair share of dull players though 🤣

splott parker
16-12-21, 18:31
I've been "advised" that quite a few senior players have refused the jabs, one maybe our most expensive asset. I guess the club can't force them so it's difficult all round. We do have our fair share of dull players though ��

And the Welsh medical team took a dim view of his stance recently as well. Living their lives on social media and believing everything they read apparently.

The Bloop
16-12-21, 18:33
I read an article earlier saying that 25% of players in the Premier League and EFL have had a single vaccine.

The Lone Gunman
16-12-21, 18:40
Do we know there are many that haven't been jabbed?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59686996

The English Football League says a quarter of players at its member clubs "do not intend to get a vaccine" against Covid-19. And as of last month 31% of players had not received a first dose.

Vaccine data collected by the EFL in November showed 75% of players were either fully vaccinated, had had a single jab or intended to be vaccinated. Double-vaccinated players totalled 59%, with 10% having had a single dose at the time, while 6% were set to get a first jab. However, 25% of players said they "currently do not intend to get a vaccine".

SLUDGE FACTORY
16-12-21, 18:49
My view of covid society is that people are dying prematurely from this virus

We now have several jabs that can lessen the chances of becoming very ill

Nurses , doctors and other people are putting their lives on the line for us

If I ran the country you would have to prove that your medical condition meant the jab was bad for your health

If you couldn't prove that , it wouldn't matter if you were on 500 quid a week or a highly paid footballer

Shut the feck up , roll up your sleeve , you are having it !

bobh
16-12-21, 19:25
I read an article earlier saying that 25% of players in the Premier League and EFL have had a single vaccine.

25% have NOT had a single jab, and have no intentionof getting one.
Idiots.

PontBlue
16-12-21, 19:25
It's only a matter of time before a player has their career cut short due to long covid or worse.

SLUDGE FACTORY
16-12-21, 19:36
25% have NOT had a single jab, and have no intentionof getting one.
Idiots.

Soppy Tarts , no sympathy for them if they get it

Dave Blue
16-12-21, 19:46
They are not known for their intelligence let’s be blunt.

Optimistic Nick
16-12-21, 19:53
They are not known for their intelligence let’s be blunt.

I know that is the stereotype (and with good reason in many cases) but I'm sure they are, on average, at least as intelligent as the average person. I've not met many, but some of the ones I have met didn't strike me as morons.

Although yeah, hard to understand why a footballer, even an intelligent one, would rate his own "research" above the sheer weight of medical science that tells us that jabs are a Good Thing.

And in that age group - is 25% particularly high, as a proportion of people who are essentialy tin-foil-hat wearing nutjobs?

stan butler
17-12-21, 09:37
I wonder if there was conflict at the City between Mick and the players around vaccine take up?

Yeah they fell out over jabs.
He wanted them to have five in the back :hehe:

splott parker
17-12-21, 10:10
Players Christmas get together/party last weekend apparently, unjabbed mixing freely:sherlock: