PDA

View Full Version : Bournemouth after Keiffer?

the other bob wilson
09-01-22, 05:39
According to the bloke Nixon from the Sun on Twitter - sounds like we'd have to agree to sell him on the cheap though.

Rock_Flock_of_Five
09-01-22, 06:05
According to the bloke Nixon from the Sun on Twitter - sounds like we'd have to agree to sell him on the cheap though.

Why would we "have to" agree to sell him cheaply? If there was some kind of player exchange involved with the deal, then you could perhaps understand Bournemouth having some bargaining power.

BTW: I haven't read the article.

the other bob wilson
09-01-22, 07:08
Bournemouth want him at a “price that works” according to the tweet.

TWGL1
09-01-22, 08:19
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/17264105/bournemouth-kieffer-moore-cardiff-transfer/

Whisperer
09-01-22, 08:38
I think he’ll want out of this circus.

2b2bdoo
09-01-22, 08:46
Is he going to get game time ahead of Solanke? Unless he’s on the move.

stan butler
09-01-22, 08:58

7/8 million would be good business for us.
His head was turned last transfer window so if he wants a big move then off he goes. :thumbup:

Zowhore
09-01-22, 09:06
His head was turned last transfer window so if he wants a big move then off he goes. :thumbup:
How much of that would be reinvested though? I can’t imagine a lot with the court cases coming up, I don’t think it’ll be good business unless we get a decent player in return.

Trigger
09-01-22, 09:12
I've knocked the club in the past for poor transfer dealings.

Buying Moore for what 2 mill? Selling a couple of years later for 8 would usually be great business and something our club needs to do more of in general.

Just not this season, we struggle to win matches as it is, even though he isn't the player he was last season he is still probably worth more than 8ish to us. I don't think anyone will pay more than that mind.

Ivortheengine
09-01-22, 09:17
I wouldn’t have thought that Moore was potential Premier League material. This Nixon guy makes up half of what gets printed in his newspaper. Ignore it.

stan butler
09-01-22, 09:17
How much of that would be reinvested though? I can’t imagine a lot with the court cases coming up, I don’t think it’ll be good business unless we get a decent player in return.

I don't have a clue to be honest but if we could get the full fee upfront then bring in a decent replacement with cash left over it will be great business.

Tuerto
09-01-22, 09:28
I don't have a clue to be honest but if we could get the full fee upfront then bring in a decent replacement with cash left over it will be great business.

We wont get a full fee up front, it'll be based on Bournemouth getting promoted.

Sloop_Jon_Bee
09-01-22, 09:42

Agree with you Stan.
Spedger

the other bob wilson
09-01-22, 09:47

Lowe?

stan butler
09-01-22, 10:11
Lowe?

Lowe?

Trigger
09-01-22, 10:24
Lowe?

Jamal, signed from Swansea this summer.

Des Parrot
09-01-22, 10:45
This Nixon guy makes up half of what gets printed in his newspaper. Ignore it.

^^ This. He just casts a net. His accuracy rate on transfers is dire.

Grangenders
09-01-22, 11:18
£7/8m for a 29yr old that has had one decent season in his whole career is good business.

Could use it towards the Sala fee

dml1954
09-01-22, 11:59
£7/8m for a 29yr old that has had one decent season in his whole career is good business.

Could use it towards the Sala fee

Why do people keep banging on about the Sala fee ? It has been fully accounted for in the clubs approved business accounts from a couple of years ago and in any event, if City were the legal owners and do have to pay the fee, it will almost certainly be dealt with by an insurance payout.

IanD
09-01-22, 12:07
Why do people keep banging on about the Sala fee ? It has been fully accounted for in the clubs approved business accounts from a couple of years ago and in any event, if City were the legal owners and do have to pay the fee, it will almost certainly be dealt with by an insurance payout.

Very unlikely that Sala was insured for £15 million on an illegal flight.

Enoch Mort
09-01-22, 13:01

You are correct, it has been provided for in the accounts. However, if we lose the case and it is not covered by insurance then the club actually has to find the cash to pay it. I think that is the area of concern.

NYCBlue
09-01-22, 13:12
Is he going to get game time ahead of Solanke? Unless he’s on the move.

Newcastle are after Solanke apparently.

jon1959
09-01-22, 13:16

That should inflate any trickle down fee.

OurManFlint II
09-01-22, 13:24
Agree with you Stan.
Spedger

Especially if the none vaccinated status is true, he'll be playing at tops 1 game a month at this rate! Plus wrecking the rest of the squad and training sessions.

Dorcus
09-01-22, 13:28
Especially if the none vaccinated status is true, he'll be playing at tops 1 game a month at this rate! Plus wrecking the rest of the squad and training sessions.

I didn't realize he was unvaccinated; in which case I agree with you.

stan butler
09-01-22, 13:31

Bournemouth may demand he has them

tomcat
09-01-22, 13:32

It is staggering that despite the City and Wales FA medics explaining how important vaccinations are to him he still won't have any. Get rid, as previous posters have said.......

life on mars
09-01-22, 13:36
I do wonder if his heart and soul are with us as a club,hopefully I'm wrong.

Has he fallen out with the club and the last manager over vaccination.

tomcat
09-01-22, 13:56
I do wonder if his heart and soul are with us as a club,hopefully I'm wrong.

Has he fallen out with the club and the last manager over vaccination.

My source told me that he was right pissed off when the Wolves transfer didn't go through, part of me doesn't blame him as if I was a 29 year old player I'd jump at the chance of a big last pay day in the Premiership

LeningradCowboy
09-01-22, 14:31
It's pretty obvious that Moore doesn't want to be here this season. Let's try to squeeze £10m out of Bournemouth.

DubaiDai
09-01-22, 16:22
It's pretty obvious that Moore doesn't want to be here this season. Let's try to squeeze £10m out of Bournemouth.

Probably more like £5-6M

Citizen's Nephew
09-01-22, 17:16
My source told me that he was right pissed off when the Wolves transfer didn't go through, part of me doesn't blame him as if I was a 29 year old player I'd jump at the chance of a big last pay day in the Premiership

I don't blame him, but sulking isn't a good look. As LeningradCowboy stated, it's been obvious he doesn't want to be with us this season. I just find it odd that's he'd be considered a replacement for Solanke if that's true. He's nothing like Solanke (who I rate btw).

City123
09-01-22, 17:24
If I was him I'd be pissed off that Wolves waited the entire window then put in such a derisory offer

Citizen's Nephew
09-01-22, 17:31
If I was him I'd be pissed off that Wolves waited the entire window then put in such a derisory offer

Good point! :thumbup:

2b2bdoo
09-01-22, 17:54

I did read that, strange as I thought Howe bought him for good money then never played him.

Trigger
09-01-22, 18:27
I did read that, strange as I thought Howe bought him for good money then never played him.

Think he played, he just wasn't great. Looking at wiki he scored his first Bournemouth goals in his 39th app.

Be a surprising move.

Citizen's Nephew
09-01-22, 20:18
Just looking at Moore's and Solanke's stats/history etc. and I hadn't realised that Moore has stayed only one season in most of his major clubs. Ipswich, Rotherham (loan), Barnsley, Wigan all one season. Prior to that, he's never had a long run at any club. If he'd left for Wolves then you could add Cardiff City to that list too. He's 29. Solanke is 5 years younger than him at 24 and has been with Bournemouth since 2019. It's definitely a bit odd that Bournemouth would be after him especially as I don't think he's got much chance of playing in the PL if they get promoted. I'm even surprised Wolves were allegedly after him.

LeningradCowboy
09-01-22, 20:25

Solanke has scored 4 goals in 63 Premier League appearances.

Citizen's Nephew
09-01-22, 22:00
Solanke has scored 4 goals in 63 Premier League appearances.
That's not great, is it? His recent form has been better I think and I've liked the way he's created goals even if not scoring them. If this is the kind of signing under Eddie Howe and after their loss against Cambridge United yesterday together with the expectations of Big Oil then he'll be out of work soon. Not sure I'd want him with us either.

Howe or Solanke btw.