Leeds fullback apparently signing on loan with us- Swansea also interested

https://mobile.twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1480224237038313472

2b2bdoo
09-01-22, 17:20
Anyone know anything about him?

Zowhore
09-01-22, 17:22
Nope, but he came on at left back today v West Ham so he’s cup tied.

splott parker
I read this as Comedy Drama......he’ll fit in well at the back for us.

jon1959

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cody_Drameh

Pedro de la Rosa
09-01-22, 17:31

Right back, my Leeds mates say he's quick, raw/rash and loves getting forward.

2b2bdoo
09-01-22, 17:52

Interesting.

I’d have thought left back/ left wing back would be the first position we would look at. We certainly need more from the wingbacks going forward.

Rjk
09-01-22, 17:57
can play either flank

Former Labour leader
09-01-22, 19:06
If he is coming in as right back that solves the attacking problem we have there. Now we just need Giles back on the left and we have the makings of a decent team

AfricanBluebird
09-01-22, 19:28
If he is coming in as right back that solves the attacking problem we have there. Now we just need Giles back on the left and we have the makings of a decent team

Our problems are all over the pitch.

Morison has an unenviable task.

Aging defence susceptible to mistake after mistake.

No pace at all.

Zero creativity.

Brilliant but inconsistent youngsters.

No strikers on form.

I would say the glass is half empty, but I drank whatever was left.

However.... Adding pace is a must and some of the youngsters look decent.

the other bob wilson
09-01-22, 19:40
Think he played for Leeds just before Christmas when they were beaten by Arsenal at Elland Road - if it was him I’m thinking of, he, like many of his team mates, found it a bit of a struggle, but he looked pretty quick and Speedy Gonzalez like by our standards.

Dorcus
10-01-22, 00:53

I think we're a long way off making a decent team. Maybe half a decent team.

Steve the Tea
10-01-22, 10:09
Nope, but he came on at left back today v West Ham so he’s cup tied.

The two clips I've seen of him on YouTube he's played on the right not left.

StT.
<><

Taunton Blue Genie
10-01-22, 10:18

Sounds like an STI.

jon1959
11-01-22, 12:21
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/01/11/cody-drameh-joins-cardiff-city-on-loan-from-leeds-united/

Fabrizio Romano has reported on Twitter that Leeds United full-back Cody Drameh is about to join Cardiff City.

The well-known and well-respected journalist has claimed that Leeds full-back Drameh will undergo his medical tomorrow and will then be announced as a new Cardiff player.

Romano has added that Leeds and Cardiff have reached an agreement over the loan transfer of the 20-year-old full-back for the rest of the season.

No idea how 'well respected' or reliable this Fabrizio Romano is - but it would fit with Morison's 'hope' of an incoming loan this week.

Rjk
11-01-22, 12:23
Fabrizio Romano is very well respected

StraightOuttaCanton
11-01-22, 12:31
Sounds like an STI.

Is that a mix of an STD and a UTI? Nasty

Baloo
11-01-22, 12:39
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/inside-track-leeds-united-starlet-22704718

delmbox
11-01-22, 12:42
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/01/11/cody-drameh-joins-cardiff-city-on-loan-from-leeds-united/

No idea how 'well respected' or reliable this Fabrizio Romano is - but it would fit with Morison's 'hope' of an incoming loan this week.

He's about as nailed on as it gets with journalists

Michael Morris
11-01-22, 13:13
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Cody Drameh will undergo his medical tomorrow and then he’ll be announced as new Cardiff City player. Agreement completed with Leeds, confirmed. �� <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LUFC?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#LUFC</a><br><br>Straight loan until June and no buy option included. Leeds see him having a big future for them in the next years. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cardiff?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cardiff</a> <a href="https://t.co/8BewowAVSI">https://t.co/8BewowAVSI</a></p>&mdash; Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) <a href="https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1480864786690850817?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 11, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rjk
11-01-22, 13:15
I wonder what bearing this would have on Giles coming back? or panzo coming

J R Hartley
11-01-22, 13:19
I wonder what bearing this would have on Giles coming back? or panzo coming

Hopefully we still get Giles back and we play Drameh on the right because Ng is pants.

Rjk
11-01-22, 13:30
Hopefully we still get Giles back and we play Drameh on the right because Ng is pants.

he's been OK.
not the impact of Giles going forward but not terrible.

J R Hartley
11-01-22, 13:35
he's been OK.
not the impact of Giles going forward but not terrible.

Ng's level is League 1. Nothing going forward and hardly Lee Peltier in defence. Much prefer Sang as RWB.

Dorcus
11-01-22, 14:58
Ng's level is League 1. Nothing going forward and hardly Lee Peltier in defence. Much prefer Sang as RWB.

Absolutely bang on, League 1 at best. A poor recruit in my opinion.

WJ99mobile
11-01-22, 15:06

I've got hope for him.

He's performed better than he has shown recently

life on mars
11-01-22, 15:14
No dramah with this one I hope

delmbox
11-01-22, 15:17
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Cody Drameh will undergo his medical tomorrow and then he’ll be announced as new Cardiff City player. Agreement completed with Leeds, confirmed. �� <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LUFC?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#LUFC</a><br><br>Straight loan until June and no buy option included. Leeds see him having a big future for them in the next years. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cardiff?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cardiff</a> <a href="https://t.co/8BewowAVSI">https://t.co/8BewowAVSI</a></p>— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) <a href="https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1480864786690850817?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 11, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good old Leeds, always liked them

WJ99mobile
11-01-22, 15:19
No dramah with this one I hope

so close yet so far

City123
11-01-22, 16:01
Sang isn't very good there either, no pace and gets skinned easily. Ng would be a good right back or possibly a centre back in a back 3 as the Crewe fans said when we signed him

Pedro de la Rosa
11-01-22, 16:11
Sang isn't very good there either, no pace and gets skinned easily. Ng would be a good right back or possibly a centre back in a back 3 as the Crewe fans said when we signed him

He's too soft to play centre back, I feel.

I really hope we sign Panzo and Giles, too. if they're options. if we're going to stick with this bloody formation, we need pace and a left footed centre half as an absolute minimum. Morison clearly doesn't rate Sang, either. He's not selected him in some squads while putting Patten etc on the bench over him, which is a bit odd if you ask me. Not a reflection on Patten, either.

Rjk
11-01-22, 16:41
He's too soft to play centre back, I feel.

I really hope we sign Panzo and Giles, too. if they're options. if we're going to stick with this bloody formation, we need pace and a left footed centre half as an absolute minimum. Morison clearly doesn't rate Sang, either. He's not selected him in some squads while putting Patten etc on the bench over him, which is a bit odd if you ask me. Not a reflection on Patten, either.

sang has been injured

jon1959
11-01-22, 16:50
sang has been injured

He has, but I think Morison answered a question about him very recently saying he had decided not to put him on the bench a few games back, although he was fit enough, because he wanted other options as sub.

Dorcus
11-01-22, 16:53
sang has been injured

I thought he did really well in the limited game time he was given on Sunday.

J R Hartley
11-01-22, 16:58

I think he is better there than Ng. At least he offers something going forward. Ng offers absolutely nothing in attack. We can work on the defensive side of Sangs game, but it’s not like he’s playing full back anyway. Give me a good attacking wing back over a good defensive wing back any day. We’ve got enough defensive players in the team.

J R Hartley
11-01-22, 17:02
I thought he did really well in the limited game time he was given on Sunday.

Me too. Thought he had more of an effect in the 10 position than Colwill.

Dorcus
11-01-22, 17:04
Me too. Thought he had more of an effect in the 10 position than Colwill.

Yes I agree, I definitely think we need to give him more game time.

Chris Pontprennau Blues
11-01-22, 17:16
Looks well balanced, great first touch, quick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhrhYByoSNw

Michael Morris
12-01-22, 18:08
We are delighted to announce that Cody Drameh has joined Cardiff City on a loan deal from Leeds United for the remainder of the 2021/22 campaign, subject to international clearance.
20-year-old Cody has featured on three occasions for the Whites in the Premier League this season, with additional appearances in both the Carabao and FA Cups.

The right-back also has one England U21 cap to his name, having made his debut for Lee Carsley’s side against Georgia back in November.

Speaking to Cardiff City TV, Cody said: "I'm very happy to be here, it's a great feeling and I'm really excited to get going."

"I wanted to join because Cardiff City is a great club, first of all. From the first minute that we were linked they showed a real eagerness to get me in, which as a player is always great to hear.

"Everybody at the club seems to be really together, so hopefully I can be a part of that. I'm looking forward to showing people what I can bring to the table."

City boss Steve Morison added: "It's excellent to have signed Cody for this loan spell. It's something that we've been looking to do for the last couple of weeks, with a lot of work going on behind the scenes.

"Cody is joining us having been at the top of our list of players in that position that we'd have liked to bring in. I'm really pleased that we've managed to get it over the line."

Welcome to the Welsh capital, Cody!

Citizen's Nephew
12-01-22, 18:12
Welcome to the Welsh capital, Cody!

Ditto! Great news.:thumbup:

life on mars
12-01-22, 18:23
Let's prey were allowed into the ground to see him play

Hilts
12-01-22, 18:24
Let's prey were allowed into the ground to see him play

Dont worry we will be open in time for the egg.

Ridiculous we cant see him this Saturday.

Citizen's Nephew
12-01-22, 18:29
Dont worry we will be open in time for the egg.

Ridiculous we cant see him this Saturday.

Oh man. These words are like salt in a gaping wound. It hurts.

Rjk
13-01-22, 00:20
welcome aboard Cody.

I wonder what the plans are for him:

1: like for like replacement for Giles, playing on the left.
2: playing on the right instead of Ng with Bagan playing on the right.
3 playing on the Right, with Giles rejoining and playing on the left.

3 would be the best in the short term, and if we have 2 genuine attacking wingbacks we might really start to see what this formation can be like. however we would be blocking Bagan from getting more game time, in favour of loaned players who there is little chance of coming here permanently.
other than avoiding relegation there isn't anything to play for either, so even though it might be better to watch, is it worth finishing a few places higher but not developing our own players. I dunno.

City123
13-01-22, 00:28
welcome aboard Cody.

3 would be the best in the short term, and if we have 2 genuine attacking wingbacks we might really start to see what this formation can be like. however we would be blocking Bagan from getting more game time, in favour of loaned players who there is little chance of coming here permanently.
other than avoiding relegation there isn't anything to play for either, so even though it might be better to watch, is it worth finishing a few places higher but not developing our own players. I dunno.
Pretty big thing to be playing for tbf

Nobody's Rep
13-01-22, 07:33
welcome aboard Cody.

But unless we ditch vaulks pack and bacuna we still have the midfield problems that could be solved by Ralls sang and wintle (and Bowen of fit) with the need to bring in some further cover - not sure SM will do this though

Then I think we would be okay especially if we could get Giles back

Just my opinion 👍

Rock_Flock_of_Five
13-01-22, 07:40
But unless we ditch vaulks pack and bacuna we still have the midfield problems that could be solved by Ralls sang and wintle (and Bowen of fit) with the need to bring in some further cover - not sure SM will do this though

Then I think we would be okay especially if we could get Giles back

Just my opinion 👍

The team are always going to stutter and stumble with Vaulks, Pack and Bacuna in the side. Play any two of the aforementioned in the side at the same time and you're already up against it.

2b2bdoo
13-01-22, 09:07
The team are always going to stutter and stumble with Vaulks, Pack and Bacuna in the side. Play any two of the aforementioned in the side at the same time and you're already up against it.

I’m hoping Wintle and Ralls can form a decent partnership and I’d have Vaulks as it stands as the stand in replacement.

Trigger
13-01-22, 10:50
Any pace coming into the squad has to be a good thing.

BlueArmy 86
13-01-22, 11:24
Morison:
"A lot went into it, we had to produce a presentation for Leeds to show that we were the right team for him. We showed them how we could help him and his development.

"There were lots of conversations. There was interest from other teams.

"The work the guys did in the office, the analysis team, the presentation that they put together was second to none. The feedback from that was excellent.

"Then there were relations with different people there.

"Myself, my other coaching staff, we all came together as a team. The board put the final pieces together. It was a a real team effort and I'd like to thank everyone involved."

Very positive. Welcome Cody, I think this is will be a good loan.

Rjk
13-01-22, 11:26
Morison:
"A lot went into it, we had to produce a presentation for Leeds to show that we were the right team for him. We showed them how we could help him and his development.

"The work the guys did in the office, the analysis team, the presentation that they put together was second to none. The feedback from that was excellent.

"Myself, my other coaching staff, we all came together as a team. The board put the final pieces together. It was a a real team effort and I'd like to thank everyone involved."

that's one way to seal the deal I suppose

delmbox
13-01-22, 11:32

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

I would love to see the presentation we gave to Leeds to convince them that we're the right team for him

Dorcus
13-01-22, 11:33

Absolutely this is the core of our problems. I'm just baffled why Morison continues to pick any of the three. In my opinion picking just one of them is suicidal, let alone two out of the three.

I'm just hoping now we can move on and leave this sad trio behind. As was mentioned in the thread earlier with Wintle's arrival he, Ralls and Sang could make a promising midfield unit and I'd like Bowen to be included too.

jon1959
13-01-22, 11:49
Morison:

:hehe:

Andrew Taylor, formerly of this parish, now Leeds United Loan Manager. Useful relationship!

splott parker
13-01-22, 13:32
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

I would love to see the presentation we gave to Leeds to convince them that we're the right team for him

Just showed them footage of our games against them over the years:thumbup:

Jimmy the Jock
13-01-22, 13:58
Sounds like an STI.

Subaru?

Rjk
15-01-22, 11:54
welcome aboard Cody.

looks like it was option 1

tforturton
15-01-22, 15:25
Great first half, but faded in the second and was subbed halfway through. A good debut, and some great touches. Should do a good job. On the other side, Perry Ng swapped to the left, and again played well. Not sure he has the right final ball in him, but a good start.

PontBlue
15-01-22, 17:30
Ng was much better today but we missed Giles on the left.