PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Doyle - Man City midfielder linked for loan

jon1959
13-01-22, 13:24
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10398655/Cardiff-City-targeting-loan-Manchester-Citys-Tommy-Doyle.html

The 20-year old last week asked for his loan at German side Hamburg to be cut short so that he could move elsewhere and earn more game time.

A host of Championship sides have shown interest but Cardiff are pressing to fend off competition and win the race for the former City U23s captain.

Rjk
13-01-22, 13:31
very highly rated at city, although has had some bad luck with injuries I think

jon1959
13-01-22, 13:32
Man City do seem to like short midfielders.

Rjk
13-01-22, 13:35
both of his grandfathers have won the league, FA cup and League cup.
thats some pedigree

splott parker
13-01-22, 13:38
very highly rated at city, although has had some bad luck with injuries I think

He hasn’t come to the City yet:shrug:

bluesp
13-01-22, 13:49
He hasn’t come to the City yet:shrug:

Citeh vs City

The Lone Gunman
13-01-22, 14:38
This is a strange one. Apparently, he’s only made six substitute appearances for Hamburg in Bundesliga 2. This is the club where Robert Glatzel has made 18 starts and scored 9 goals this season.

Rjk
13-01-22, 14:45
This is a strange one. Apparently, he’s only made six substitute appearances for Hamburg in Bundesliga 2. This is the club where Robert Glatzel has made 18 starts and scored 9 goals this season.

Glatzel can give him a heads up about Cardiff then.

LeningradCowboy
13-01-22, 15:13
Do we need another midfielder?

Bald Barry Bastad
13-01-22, 16:36
We need an attacking midfielder seeing as we have none.

Dorcus
13-01-22, 17:44

We've got a few defective ones

alan_corneli
14-01-22, 16:58
On his way according to Sky.

jon1959
14-01-22, 17:48
On his way according to Sky.

On his way where?

Rjk
14-01-22, 18:23
he's supposed to be a good prospect, but it would be a slightly strange signing, given we have already at the club:
ralls, pack, vaulks, bacuna, Wintle, Bowen, and Sang who can all play there.
plus Patten, King and D'Almeida from the u23s

he may well go on to have a Stellar career and eclipse all of those , but it would be a strange loan to me

the other bob wilson
14-01-22, 18:35
he's supposed to be a good prospect, but it would be a slightly strange signing, given we have already at the club:
ralls, pack, vaulks, bacuna, Wintle, Bowen, and Sang who can all play there.
plus Patten, King and D'Almeida from the u23s

he may well go on to have a Stellar career and eclipse all of those , but it would be a strange loan to me

Especially as he struggled for game time at Hamburg - pretty sure they’re better than us, but not by a great deal.

Hilts
14-01-22, 18:59
Its not strange at all. Our midfield is garbage.

jon1959
14-01-22, 19:05
Only yesterday Wales Online were reporting sources at the club saying we had no interest....

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cardiff-city-headlines-steve-morison-22734166

Rjk
14-01-22, 19:10
Especially as he struggled for game time at Hamburg - pretty sure they’re better than us, but not by a great deal.

if it was an 8 month deal it would make more sense with potentially 3 of them leaving in the summer

Tuerto
14-01-22, 19:24
Its not strange at all. Our midfield is garbage.

It is garbage, appalling on times. We need a player who has the ability to look up and play a pass, someone composed and a player with the ability to carry the ball those ten or fifteen yards that hurt the opposition and draw defenders out. I've heard good things about Bowen in terms of his ability to play a through ball and apparently he is composed (i've not seen him play yet) that's a positive. Maybe Doyle has the ability to carry the ball? We don't have anyone who can do that, and asking Ralls, Bacuna or Vaulks to do it is an act of negligence in my opinion.

Nobody's Rep
14-01-22, 19:34
It is garbage, appalling on times. We need a player who has the ability to look up and play a pass, someone composed and a player with the ability to carry the ball those ten or fifteen yards that hurt the opposition and draw defenders out. I've heard good things about Bowen in terms of his ability to play a through ball and apparently he is composed (i've not seen him play yet) that's a positive. Maybe Doyle has the ability to carry the ball? We don't have anyone who can do that, and asking Ralls, Bacuna or Vaulks to do it is an act of negligence in my opinion.

I think if watters is going to have any role or impact for us we desperately we need someone who can do as you say - actually look up and pick a pass

When Zimba was substituted at Preston I felt for him as he had made some intelligent runs but noone had the nous to pick a pass

I think a midfiled of any of Ralls wintle sang Bowen when fit gives us the options we need and if add Doyle to that then great because as far as I am concerned vaulks pack and bacuna can rot in the under 23s until they go or if someone is stupid enough to offer 50p for them then let them go - they have had their chance and added or offered practically zero to our efforts

Tuerto
14-01-22, 19:39
I think if watters is going to have any role or impact for us we desperately we need someone who can do as you say - actually look up and pick a pass

When Zimba was substituted at Preston I felt for him as he had made some intelligent runs but noone had the nous to pick a pass

I think a midfiled of any of Ralls wintle sang Bowen when fit gives us the options we need and if add Doyle to that then great because as far as I am concerned vaulks pack and bacuna can rot in the under 23s until they go or if someone is stupid enough to offer 50p for them then let them go - they have had their chance and added or offered practically zero to our efforts

Bacuna and Vaulks just aren't good enough, in fact, i'd say that they were poor footballers. Ralls, although never in the mould of a composed and weighted player did have something apart from what he offers now. I'm not saying that he would have ever been that player who could do those things that we need so badly, but i'm quite sure that the likes of Slade, Warnock and to a lesser degree Harris, took away any ounce of creativity he may have possessed.

Nobody's Rep
14-01-22, 19:54
Bacuna and Vaulks just aren't good enough, in fact, i'd say that they were poor footballers. Ralls, although never in the mould of a composed and weighted player did have something apart from what he offers now. I'm not saying that he would have ever been that player who could do those things that we need so badly, but i'm quite sure that the likes of Slade, Warnock and to a lesser degree Harris, took away any ounce of creativity he may have possessed.
Agree with that but I still think we are a poorer side without Ralls - he definitely brings something to the side that the others don't - whether he gets overtaken by new recruits or younger players coming through then so be it but for me he needs to be in the midfield as it stands 👍

Undercoverinwurzelland
14-01-22, 20:22
BBC reporting it now too https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60003984

Tuerto
14-01-22, 20:25
BBC reporting it now too https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60003984

Rock on Tommy.

splott parker
14-01-22, 21:39
Wonder if he’ll bring his Ma? Ideal in the canteen, “g’wan, g’wan, g’wan, will ye not have a cuppa tea now, sure”

J R Hartley
14-01-22, 22:47
Sounds exactly same type of player as Sam Bowen from what I’m reading from Man City fans on twitter.

Its being suggested on Twitter Bowen possibly going out on loan.

Loaning out Bowen to give him first team experience and bringing in a player on loan who is younger and just as inexperienced is a bit of a kick in the guts for him I’d say.

Eric the Half a Bee
14-01-22, 23:51
Sounds exactly same type of player as Sam Bowen from what I’m reading from Man City fans on twitter.

Loaning out Bowen to give him first team experience and bringing in a player on loan who is younger and just as inexperienced is a bit of a kick in the guts for him I’d say.

Utterly ridiculous.

J R Hartley
14-01-22, 23:53
Utterly ridiculous.
Do one pillbug

Eric the Half a Bee
14-01-22, 23:55
Do one pillbug

I was agreeing with you. I think it would be ridiculous to not give Sam Bowen time for a loanee.

J R Hartley
15-01-22, 00:01
I was agreeing with you. I think it would be ridiculous to not give Sam Bowen time for a loanee.

Apologies I thought you were calling my opinion ridiculous as per usual :hehe:

Cardiff-Cal
15-01-22, 01:23
Be nice to inject some youth into the squad.

Rjk
15-01-22, 09:49

yeah like I said I thought it was a strange one. I can only assume that they think Doyle is better than we currently have already. if Bowen gets some consistent game time at a good level then I wouldn't have an issue with a loan for him. we are likely to need him next season with ralls, vaulks and pack possibly all out of the picture, so he needs to be wherever he can get the most minutes.

another possible consideration is that we are cultivating some good relationships in terms of loaning players.
now we don't have any premier League money, loans are going to be an important part of any future transfer windows. it is probably as important as developing the youth and signing lower league players with potential to improve.
if we do well for Doyle, it might stand is in good stead for future loans from man city which isn't a bad thing.

LeningradCowboy
15-01-22, 10:19

I was thinking this as well.

Pedro de la Rosa
15-01-22, 11:05
Are we serious about bringing this player in on loan or is it just paper talk?..
I just read this on the other board that it won't be happening?
" City have NO funds and the Daily Mail are wide of the mark BIG time, we could not afford his wages "

So believe it when i see it and is he better than Bowen?

I doubt Rob Phillips would report on a story if he didn't have pretty concrete information that this was happening.

City123
15-01-22, 12:02
The WalesOnline journalists are still saying it won't happen

ToTaL ITK
15-01-22, 12:34
well as ..... won't work on this one:hehe:

Michael Morris
16-01-22, 08:41
The WalesOnline journalists are still saying it won't happen

The same WOL journalists who then quoted Steve Morison after the game yesterday

‘Yeah, he is a player that we like, a player that we have looked at," Morison said of Doyle.

"Until it's done, let's not commit to anything just yet.‘

the other bob wilson
19-01-22, 05:55
So, is he coming? It’s been “imminent” for a few days now.

Undercoverinwurzelland
19-01-22, 09:47
So, is he coming? It’s been “imminent” for a few days now.
According to Glen Williams this morning "Doyle deal close, just paperwork/admin stuff needing to be signed off", "Hamburg and Man C also involved so an extra layer is added to it, as opposed to straight loaning from one club".

jon1959
20-01-22, 16:44
Glen Williams twitter earlier this afternoon:

Expect Cardiff to announce the signing of Tommy Doyle on loan from Man City later today.

The player is in Cardiff and everything has been signed off which needs to be #CCFC #Bluebirds
1:41 pm · 20 Jan 2022

tforturton
20-01-22, 17:06
Club website is reporting his signing.

logic
20-01-22, 17:29
Logic would indicate we may have a chance of improving our squad if we dealt with other agencies than purely Unique Sports Group, who this season have represented McGuinness, Collins, Giles and Doyle in deals with us.

stan butler
20-01-22, 19:39
Logic would indicate we may have a chance of improving our squad if we dealt with other agencies than purely Unique Sports Group, who this season have represented McGuinness, Collins, Giles and Doyle in deals with us.

You come across has a very odd individual

logic
20-01-22, 19:47
You come across has a very odd individual

Logic dictates that Mrs Logic agrees with you.

stan butler
10-02-22, 20:59
Seems like a good signing so far

Dorcus
11-02-22, 00:27
Seems like a good signing so far

Logic indicates me and you are happy Stan 👍

stan butler
11-02-22, 02:30
Logic indicates me and you are happy Stan 👍

Over the moon.
Morison/Committee seem to have done well with the new signings

Dorcus
11-02-22, 11:52
Over the moon.
Morison/Committee seem to have done well with the new signings

Yes I definitely agree.

stan butler
11-02-22, 12:00
Yes I definitely agree.

To be fair i thought Morison's recruitment may have been his weak point with him being inexperienced at this level but so far he's been spot on.

Dorcus
11-02-22, 12:31
To be fair i thought Morison's recruitment may have been his weak point with him being inexperienced at this level but so far he's been spot on.

I totally agree. I have wavered over him over the past couple of months. From initially rooting for him to get the job, I got disappointed with his remarks about Isaac Davies, then frustrated because he kept on picking Nelson, Pack, Bacuna and Vaulks.

To some extent I've only got myself to blame because I was probably expecting too much too soon and he probably had to make best use of poor resources. However, he has had a fantastic transfer window and it shows he has an eye for quality. Now he's got more of his own players I expect him to ditch the aforementioned dead wood.

Needless to say I'm back in love with Steve again and Im so sure it's not infatuation that I'm gonna send him a Valentine's card!

stan butler
11-02-22, 13:34
I totally agree. I have wavered over him over the past couple of months. From initially rooting for him to get the job, I got disappointed with his remarks about Isaac Davies, then frustrated because he kept on picking Nelson, Pack, Bacuna and Vaulks.

To some extent I've only got myself to blame because I was probably expecting too much too soon and he probably had to make best use of poor resources. However, he has had a fantastic transfer window and it shows he has an eye for quality. Now he's got more of his own players I expect him to ditch the aforementioned dead wood.

Needless to say I'm back in love with Steve again and Im so sure it's not infatuation that I'm gonna send him a Valentine's card!

Exactly what i thought except i haven't falling in love with Steve :hehe:

the other bob wilson
12-02-22, 13:33
both of his grandfathers have won the league, FA cup and League cup.
thats some pedigree

Mike Doyle was a dirty so and so who hated Man United.

splott parker
12-02-22, 13:48
Mike Doyle was a dirty so and so who hated Man United.

.........Nothing wrong with that:thumbup: