bobh
14-01-22, 08:18
Repeat of my first game (1970).
Repeat of the score will be nice. (4-1)

Former Labour leader
14-01-22, 09:56

Only time my missus came to a match was Blackburn and it ended 0-0. Happy with a repeat of that tomorrow.

DubaiDai
14-01-22, 22:16
Only time my missus came to a match was Blackburn and it ended 0-0. Happy with a repeat of that tomorrow.

I would pray for that but I think this is likely to be a bridge too far.
Blackburn seem to be the form team in the championship, particularly in attack. Our defence is one of the worst and with no home fans to give us a bit of a lift can see us losing this 3-1

Michael Morris
15-01-22, 11:03
Match Facts

Cardiff are winless in six league matches against Blackburn (D4 L2) since winning 2-1 in August 2016.
Blackburn Rovers are looking to complete a league double over Cardiff for the first time since the 1984-85 campaign under Bobby Saxton.
Cardiff midfielder Joe Ralls has assisted five goals in his last seven league games, as many as in his previous 48 combined beforehand. His five assists this season are his most in a league campaign since 2015-16 (seven).
Since a 7-0 home defeat to Fulham in November, Blackburn have conceded just three goals in nine Championship matches (W7 D2), the fewest of any side in the entire division in this time.
Cardiff have lost eight of their last nine home league matches (W1), while they have earned fewer points at home overall this season than any other Championship side (seven).

LeningradCowboy
15-01-22, 11:32
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">🔢<br><br>Cody Drameh goes straight into the starting XI!<br><br>📺 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CardiffCityTV?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#CardiffCityTV</a> options ➡️ <a href="https://t.co/ymhzJCl1iE">https://t.co/ymhzJCl1iE</a><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CityAsOne?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#CityAsOne</a> <a href="https://t.co/SqPSRwW5ZQ">pic.twitter.com/SqPSRwW5ZQ</a></p>&mdash; Cardiff City FC (@CardiffCityFC) <a href="https://twitter.com/CardiffCityFC/status/1482314319736066048?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 15, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Undercoverinwurzelland
15-01-22, 11:33
Should be Colwill or Sang instead of Vaulks.

Michael Morris
15-01-22, 11:33

WJ99mobile
15-01-22, 11:50
Anyway of watching this?

Fatty Foggon
15-01-22, 11:54

Did Keith Newton play in that match?

2b2bdoo
15-01-22, 11:59
Interesting to see how this midfield does, plenty of energy.

MacAdder
15-01-22, 11:59
New boys Wintle and Drameh both starting,
Ralls and Vaulks too! :yikes:

Pleased Harris has got a start, Collins too probably just deserving one.
Options on the bench.

Come on the City! :ayatollah:

City123
15-01-22, 12:03
Anyway of watching this?
£10 on Cardiff City TV

City123
15-01-22, 12:04
Lots of energy, very little creativity in that midfield. Looks like the plan's the same as WBA and Bournemouth

2b2bdoo
15-01-22, 12:06
Lots of energy, very little creativity in that midfield. Looks like the plan's the same as WBA and Bournemouth

I would rather that than someone like Pack playing. I think Ralls makes a big difference.

Maurice Swan
15-01-22, 12:11
£10 on Cardiff City TV

also maybe on https://daddylive.click/stream/stream-168.php
It simply steams the club(s) output.

That website is aware of the change of kick off and say it will be online at 12:30.

I say maybe as they used to be quite good but since they changed servers around new year it has been hit and miss.
Today I'll pay my £10 and watch the new boys.

Wozza16
15-01-22, 12:15
Any idea if CC tv works from overseas/VPN? I'm in Australia but reluctant to pay 10 quid if there's a good chance it'll be blocked anyway

jon1959
Should be Colwill or Sang instead of Vaulks.

I agree with you - but then I just watched the '5 Top Goals Against Blackburn' clip on the club website, and 2 of the 5 were Vill Vaulks stunners! Maybe a sign?

tforturton
Can't see us getting much out of this, but you never know, especially with no fans in the ground. I'll be glad when this run of tough games comes to an end, and we can start picking up points.

Dorcus
15-01-22, 12:17
I would rather that than someone like Pack playing. I think Ralls makes a big difference.

I'd play Pack before Vaulks but Sang should be playing before either of them.

Maurice Swan
15-01-22, 12:27
Any idea if CC tv works from overseas/VPN? I'm in Australia but reluctant to pay 10 quid if there's a good chance it'll be blocked anyway

I am in France and have no problems watching - don't need a VPN.

Maurice Swan
15-01-22, 12:38
is club TV working\? It doesn't recognise my email login details and then I get:

504 Gateway Timeout

bluesp
15-01-22, 12:45
Very familiar goal against us there, straight through the middle of the pitch and then backing off the player and inviting the shot.

City123
15-01-22, 12:47
Really poor goal to concede

Hilts
Really poor defending by Flint.

the other bob wilson
Very familiar goal against us there, straight through the middle of the pitch and then backing off the player and inviting the shot.

Our home games are scripted this season I swear. The number of times we give away a crap goal in the first twenty minutes is shocking, very good finish, but what was Flint doing?

Maurice Swan
15-01-22, 12:51
is club TV working\? It doesn't recognise my email login details and then I get:

504 Gateway Timeout

Anyone??? saw the dreadful goal given away on the link...but link is buffering all the time.....anyway...looks like a tenner saved...emailed 'support' but no answer....

bluesp
15-01-22, 12:55
Our home games are scripted this season I swear. The number of times we give away a crap goal in the first twenty minutes is shocking, very good finish, but what was Flint doing?

Joe Lefley thought he was backing off to get his angle right but it did really invite the shot. It was a very good finish but preventable

the other bob wilson
15-01-22, 13:00
Anyone??? saw the dreadful goal given away on the link...but link is buffering all the time.....anyway...looks like a tenner saved...emailed 'support' but no answer....

I gave up after ten minutes of getting the same message as you, trying to watch it on a dodgy link, but it’s a bit of waste of time.

delmbox
15-01-22, 13:01
Joe Lefley thought he was backing off to get his angle right but it did really invite the shot. It was a very good finish but preventable

Joe Lefley sounds like a Football Manager regen

bluesp
15-01-22, 13:03

I’d actually corrected it from Lesley!

Maurice Swan
15-01-22, 13:03
I gave up after ten minutes of getting the same message as you, trying to watch it on a dodgy link, but it’s a bit of waste of time.

Ah...so a club problem.....Link is better now.

splott parker
15-01-22, 13:05
I’d actually corrected it from Lesley!

Always wondered what the hotel staff were doing when they weren’t filming Benidorm.

poc
15-01-22, 13:08

theres a good link in another thread gt soccer.com

Maurice Swan
15-01-22, 13:13

thats a site selling sports kit ...!

Wash DC Blue
15-01-22, 13:17
Vaulks is so poor.
Shouting and pointing but offering nothing.

bluebirds17
15-01-22, 13:18
Disappointing goal but we've come back well. Collins still offering nothing. Vaulks crap as always

splott parker
15-01-22, 13:19
Quite impressed with Drameh, very tidy debut so far.

NYCBlue
15-01-22, 13:20

How many times has he said "I've seen them given". That's got to be fairly high on the list of commentary cliches to avoid.

Wash DC Blue
15-01-22, 13:21
Commentator saying this one if the best 45 mins if the season.
We've been shocking for the last 30 mins that I've seen.

FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead
15-01-22, 13:22
Can't even criticize that first half - all the ball and all the threat. Drameh looks very good and Harris has looked a real nuisance. Only problem is none of it matters because our back 3 can't keep a clean sheet to save their f**king lives.

Is Morison going to dig Flint out after the game for giving their lad 10 yards and letting him pick his spot?

Maurice Swan
15-01-22, 13:23
Like the look of Drameh....not seen much of Wintle......Vaulks (as usual)....
Overall not played badly apart from the goal but need more incisiveness last third.....need the pace of Isaak Davies.

the other bob wilson
15-01-22, 13:24

:thumbup:

NYCBlue
15-01-22, 13:24
Quite impressed with Drameh, very tidy debut so far.

Looks like a player. We look decent today to be fair. Encouraging. Shame we haven't got Giles back.

Hilts
15-01-22, 13:25
We are clearly trying to pass the ball more. Played ok. But still look most threatening at set pieces.

Just got too many players not good enough.

MacAdder
15-01-22, 13:27
Can't even criticize that first half - all the ball and all the threat. Drameh looks very good and Harris has looked a real nuisance. Only problem is none of it matters because our back 3 can't keep a clean sheet to save their f**king lives.

Is Morison going to dig Flint out after the game for giving their lad 10 yards and letting him pick his spot?

Missed their goal but we've been quite tidy without threatening from what I have seen.

Really disappointing conceding early again.
Puts all the pressure on the forwards who have to try and force it.

Best bit of play towards the end of the half where Ralls was too slow getting his shot off and perhaps should have played Collins in.

Dorcus
15-01-22, 13:29
Like the look of Drameh....not seen much of Wintle......Vaulks (as usual)....
Overall not played badly apart from the goal but need more incisiveness last third.....need the pace of Isaak Davies.

I'm definitely not Vaulks' biggest fan but in fairness Maurice he's had one of his better games today; he's been tidy and kept the momentum going most of the time.

The trouble is he's limited and now that we've got Wintle and Ralls together we don't really need him; I think we'd have been better off utilising Colwill or Sang in his stead.

splott parker
15-01-22, 13:41
Some neat and tidy stuff, lot better than what we’re used to. Blackburn look the more agricultural with a few cynical fouls. For all our neat and tidy stuff it fizzles out the nearer we get to Blackburn’s area.

splott parker
15-01-22, 13:43
Mark Harris working his socks off but his good work is too far from the danger area.

Maurice Swan
15-01-22, 13:43
We are playing quite well to be fair....must make sure not caught out by a sucker punch breakaway...Harris doing well.

NYCBlue
15-01-22, 13:46
Are we trying to be too clever with the two man option on the set piece delivery? Looks like we could use an extra man in the box.

City123
15-01-22, 13:52
Wintle's looked good

Vaulks rubbish as ever

bluebirds17
15-01-22, 13:53
It amazes me how bad at passing Vaulks is. How did he make it as a professional footballer?

bluebirds17
15-01-22, 13:54
Why is he taking Harris off? Collins has done literally nothing

splott parker
15-01-22, 14:01
We’re doing ok but to listen to ‘brilliant’, ‘fantastic’ Joe Ledley you’d swear we were three or four up.:biggrin:

City123
15-01-22, 14:08
Harris shouldn't have come off

Maurice Swan
15-01-22, 14:08
Harris shouldn't have come off

Absolutely agree....

bluebirds17
15-01-22, 14:09
I've found some of our substitutes baffling today.

City123
15-01-22, 14:16
Pack is more of a hindrance than a help

splott parker
15-01-22, 14:16
I feel that a crowd there today could have made a difference.

bluebirds17
15-01-22, 14:22
I know Blackburn have been sitting back but we lack any cutting edge in the final third.

City123
15-01-22, 14:23
The f*ck are Pack & Ng doing there?

Deserved at least a draw out of this. Please stop picking Pack/Vaulks

bluebirds17
15-01-22, 14:24

And Collins. Waste of space the lot of them.

I'd rather us give the kids ago who look like they've got something about them.

tforturton
15-01-22, 14:25
Should have got something out of that game. Shame - they played well.

Gofer Blue
15-01-22, 14:25
Commentator: "Cardiff have been the better team". What!! Did I watch the same game?

Der Kaiser
15-01-22, 14:26
Perry Ng is a championship player and can't hit simple passes or beat the first man off a cross, ever. He is absolutely pathetic, Pack as well.

We only looked half decent there due to Blackburn sitting off us as soon as they scored knowing we wouldn't be able to offer anything substantial going forward.

Bluebirdman Of Alcathays
15-01-22, 14:26
I didn't see much of the 1st half but how many times did we cut them open? Our only chances came from set-pieces (surprise!). Yes, we had a lot of the ball but they weren't bothered by that and with good reason. We were just as hopeless playing against 10.

the other bob wilson
15-01-22, 14:27
I feel that a crowd there today could have made a difference.

With nine defeats in ten home league games, eight with crowds in, I think that’s wishful thinking Mr Parker.

lincoln blue
15-01-22, 14:28

Please stop picking on any City players!

Hilts
15-01-22, 14:28
Played ok. No cutting edge. Too many players not good enough and our better players are not flair players.

Can we stay up?

Not sure.

Trigger
15-01-22, 14:30
Neat and tidy, massively helped by Blackburn being sloppy and happy to sit in. Probably because they know we have nothing upfront.

It looks all neater but it's the usual home performance and the reason we are where we are.

Commentators almost celebrating a dire 1 nil home loss against Blackburn. I know it has been dark at times this season but come on.

Rjk
15-01-22, 14:30
once they scored they sat right back and it was always going to be difficult for us.
if we can cut out the soft goals we will be a much better side.

this has been a tough run of fixtures. hopefully we can start to put some results together now and get some confidence

the other bob wilson
15-01-22, 14:31
Commentator: "Cardiff have been the better team". What!! Did I watch the same game?

I thought they were, apart from getting some decent blocks in, I thought Blackburn were very ordinary, but I suppose that’s what many supporters of sides beaten 1-0 at home by us in 12/13 and 17/18 were saying as well. We huffed and puffed and didn’t create a great deal, but, at the very least, deserved a point.

2b2bdoo
15-01-22, 14:32
I guess there is a reason they are 2nd and we are 20th.

Didn’t see the game but sounds like we were ok? Hopefully against lesser teams we can get the points needed.

Rhiwbina Blues
15-01-22, 14:32
Dont think the subs helped today and we lost our shape. Davies needed to be in the box not wide and why bring Pack on as Bagan would have been better option.

NYCBlue
15-01-22, 14:35
We played well, but created no chances. If you can't score one goal, you can't really say you deserved something from the game.

Michael Morris
15-01-22, 14:36
I turned over to catch the last 30 seconds of Luton v Bournemouth to see Luton score with the last kick of the game to win 3 - 2.

That 30 seconds showed more attacking excitement that we managed all 2nd half.

insider
15-01-22, 14:43
Platitudes don't keep you up home wins and possibly this year other sides having points deducted do.

WJ99mobile
15-01-22, 14:57
Ah well, on the plus side it will be nice to see Blackburn go up instead of the big spenders

Citizen's Nephew
15-01-22, 15:02
I turned over to catch the last 30 seconds of Luton v Bournemouth to see Luton score with the last kick of the game to win 3 - 2.

That 30 seconds showed more attacking excitement that we managed all 2nd half.

I feel like I'm living in a parallel universe after the crazy emptiness of our stadium and Luton scoring 3 against a side that did the double on us. Scrub that, I'm definitely living in a parallel universe.

Citizen's Nephew
15-01-22, 15:06
Neat and tidy, massively helped by Blackburn being sloppy and happy to sit in. Probably because they know we have nothing upfront.

It looks all neater but it's the usual home performance and the reason we are where we are.

Commentators almost celebrating a dire 1 nil home loss against Blackburn. I know it has been dark at times this season but come on.

I decided I couldn't watch another game in an empty stadium so opted for the commentary instead. Had to switch it off after about 50 mins as I couldn't stand the mash-up of hyperbole and sycophancy. They were shocking! No analysis. Nothing.

Stanmore Bluebird
15-01-22, 15:10
Diehard Cardiff City fans they are. Performance today was okay against a team in 2nd place right now.

ToTaL ITK
15-01-22, 15:15
we havent had a decent midfield for over ten years Not strange that we're garbage up front

splott parker
15-01-22, 15:31
Frustrating and annoying that our last season 20 goal striker is on the sidelines again most probably due to his obstinance over the jabs. We were crying out for a striker today that our decent (on times) approach play desperately needed. The lanky streak of paralysed piss was on his settee again isolating I s’pose, still getting a decent monthly wage though. He’s our main striker but not worth a cup of cold water if he’s not on the pitch:furious:

Don Corleone
15-01-22, 15:34
9 defeats in 12 home games, bottom for home form by a long way. This must be one of our worst ever seasons for home performances, even under the darks days of Durban and the fall down the leagues I don’t recall a home record this bad.

splott parker
15-01-22, 15:35
With nine defeats in ten home league games, eight with crowds in, I think that’s wishful thinking Mr Parker.

We laid down and died in most of them, today we did show a bit of shape against a top of the table side. I do think the crowd & the players feed off each other when a bit of effort is shown.

Rock_Flock_of_Five
15-01-22, 15:36
Frustrating and annoying that our last season 20 goal striker is on the sidelines again most probably due to his obstinance over the jabs. We were crying out for a striker today that our decent (on times) approach play desperately needed. The lanky streak of paralysed piss was on his settee again isolating I s’pose, still getting a decent monthly wage though. He’s our main striker but not worth a cup of cold water if he’s not on the pitch:furious:

Well said!

splott parker
15-01-22, 15:51
Well said!

We, justifiably, on times have a go at the players during games both individually & collectively but at least they’re out there or on the bench making themselves available. Years ago watching Wales at the Millennium Stadium a bloke sat in front of me moaned that he couldn’t believe Vinnie Jones was in the side, I tapped him on the shoulder and told him that Vinnie was a better player than Ryan Giggs. Of course he told me I was talking bollocks, I replied “He definitely is tonight”, as usual Giggs was on the missing list. He reluctantly agreed.

Citizen's Nephew
15-01-22, 15:58
We, justifiably, on times have a go at the players during games both individually & collectively but at least they’re out there or on the bench making themselves available. Years ago watching Wales at the Millennium Stadium a bloke sat in front of me moaned that he couldn’t believe Vinnie Jones was in the side, I tapped him on the shoulder and told him that Vinnie was a better player than Ryan Giggs. Of course he told me I was talking bollocks, I replied “He definitely is tonight”, as usual Giggs was on the missing list. He reluctantly agreed.

Was that the game where Stoichkov ran riot for Bulgaria. I think it was Vinnie's first Welsh cap?

A Quiet Monkfish
15-01-22, 16:07
Played ok. No cutting edge. Too many players not good enough and our better players are not flair players.

Can we stay up?

Not sure.

My view hasn't changed - we're fortunate that Peterborough are doing their best to keep us up.

Rock_Flock_of_Five
15-01-22, 16:09

Well said, again .

I can't add too much, I'm in a crowded bar and a little bit pickled right now. :hehe:

City123
15-01-22, 16:09
My view hasn't changed - we're fortunate that Peterborough are doing their best to keep us up.
Barnsley are putting in a good shift as well bless them

Gofer Blue
15-01-22, 16:11

I haven't seen many games this season as I only have the audio commentary on Cardiff City TV, but I did see it today thanks to the link to the stream service. Hence I was shocked to hear the almost euphoric comments from the commentators about the performance as being a great improvement and how much better City were than Blackburn. If that's the case, I dread to think what previous games must have looked like! In what way were City better....totally useless in the final third, sloppy passing, and poor defending for the goal? Even set pieces, supposedly our main weapon, were wasted.

Cardiff Ultra
15-01-22, 16:35
It doesn't really get said often enough this. Any player that refuses to get vaccinated and subsequently misses games with COVID should be docked their wages until they return, end of

NYCBlue
15-01-22, 16:54
Was that the game where Stoichkov ran riot for Bulgaria. I think it was Vinnie's first Welsh cap?

I remember that night. In the old National Stadium. I think it was Jones's debut and he got sent off.

NYCBlue
15-01-22, 17:00
I can't believe Blackburn are second. Was that easy for them today? It didn't look like it. I know we don't have much of a goal threat, but neither did they really. Their goal was the result of space opening up due to poor defending but was still speculative at best. Then they let us have the ball and just dealt with it. Did we get Warnocked?

A Quiet Monkfish
15-01-22, 17:09
I haven't seen many games this season as I only have the audio commentary on Cardiff City TV, but I did see it today thanks to the link to the stream service. Hence I was shocked to hear the almost euphoric comments from the commentators about the performance as being a great improvement and how much better City were than Blackburn. If that's the case, I dread to think what previous games must have looked like! In what way were City better....totally useless in the final third, sloppy passing, and poor defending for the goal? Even set pieces, supposedly our main weapon, were wasted.

For a few years we've been a side of few passes in midfield, and little possession. We now seem to be a side that has plenty of possession , particularly in the middle of the pitch. To some, it looks like a major improvement from McCarthy and Harris, but results tell a different tale.

PontBlue
15-01-22, 17:22
I wasn't entirely happy with the starting line up but the substitutions were odd. Harris was playing much better than Collins who seems to have an aversion to the box how on earth did he use to be fairly prolific.

Vaulks had to be subbed as he couldn't pass water but with Wintle and Ralls on the pitched it needed to be for someone more attack minded not Pack. Also when they went down to ten we should have taken a centre back off not Dramah who was offering good width. Davies when he came on could have been through the middle or wide left.

ToTaL ITK
15-01-22, 17:32
Barnsley are putting in a good shift as well bless them

literally keeping us up because we cant do it ourselves.

Maurice Swan
15-01-22, 17:41
I wasn't entirely happy with the starting line up but the substitutions were odd. Harris was playing much better than Collins who seems to have an aversion to the box how on earth did he use to be fairly prolific.

Vaulks had to be subbed as he couldn't pass water but with Wintle and Ralls on the pitched it needed to be for someone more attack minded not Pack. Also when they went down to ten we should have taken a centre back off not Dramah who was offering good width. Davies when he came on could have been through the middle or wide left.

Absolutely agree...we need also to move forward with more pace..at times it's like a training session. I know it was premiership but watching Newcastle and Watford (yes Watford...) it was intense and high paced.

jeepster
15-01-22, 18:43
For a few years we've been a side of few passes in midfield, and little possession. We now seem to be a side that has plenty of possession , particularly in the middle of the pitch. To some, it looks like a major improvement from McCarthy and Harris, but results tell a different tale.

Yes it is not how much possession you have but how you use it.

Dorcus
15-01-22, 19:38
Please stop picking on any City players!

It doesn't really get said often enough this. Any player that refuses to get vaccinated and subsequently misses games with COVID should be docked their wages until they return, end of

Totally agree

Citizen's Nephew
16-01-22, 06:54
I remember that night. In the old National Stadium. I think it was Jones's debut and he got sent off.
It was a surreal experience that evening! I went with a Glaswegian mate who was screaming in an almost inaudible accent how crap we were and wanted to punch anyone who told him to keep it down!

Citizen's Nephew
16-01-22, 07:03
I can't believe Blackburn are second. Was that easy for them today? It didn't look like it. I know we don't have much of a goal threat, but neither did they really. Their goal was the result of space opening up due to poor defending but was still speculative at best. Then they let us have the ball and just dealt with it. Did we get Warnocked?

I do think that playing in an empty stadium would have had an effect on both sides and, like last season, I don't take the matches seriously because I think they skew all form and stats. They won't have played behind closed doors this season. That said, based on yesterday, I get what you're saying but they still came away with 3 points even down to 10 players. The table doesn't lie.

Rjk
16-01-22, 09:58

bluebirds17
16-01-22, 12:05

That statistic is quite telling where our Right Back has the highest XG of our team.

I don't remember any of our strikers really having a chance.

Citizen's Nephew
16-01-22, 21:05

There needs to be a new metric for us. uG = Unexpected Goals.

City123
16-01-22, 21:56
That statistic is quite telling where our Right Back has the highest XG of our team.

I don't remember any of our strikers really having a chance.
It's also quite evident that once Blackburn scored they sat back as they knew we couldn't break them down

Rjk
17-01-22, 10:11
https://youtu.be/b-l-VMFAjcI