PDA

View Full Version : Brennan Johnson

LeningradCowboy
22-01-22, 14:15
I'm glad he chose Wales.

LeningradCowboy
22-01-22, 14:21
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What a goal from Brennan Johnson 👏<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFFC?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NFFC</a> take a 2-0 lead ✅✅ <a href="https://t.co/anNc5btRPi">pic.twitter.com/anNc5btRPi</a></p>&mdash; Sky Sports Football (@SkyFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/1484892481233772546?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 22, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tomcat
22-01-22, 15:45
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What a goal from Brennan Johnson 👏<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFFC?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NFFC</a> take a 2-0 lead ✅✅ <a href="https://t.co/anNc5btRPi">pic.twitter.com/anNc5btRPi</a></p>&mdash; Sky Sports Football (@SkyFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/1484892481233772546?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 22, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I know his cousin. England tried to get him, even stretching to get Beckham to speak to him at dinner :wave:

BLUETIT
22-01-22, 16:11
Arsenal would be a good fit

City123
22-01-22, 16:15
Been linked with Brentford for about £18m

Very talented player, will be an important player for Wales

Don Corleone
22-01-22, 16:52
Didn’t realise his dad was David Johnson, the former Forest striker

LeningradCowboy
06-04-22, 19:36
Scored again.

Wales-Bales
06-04-22, 19:48
I said he was already better than Wilson and should start for Wales, and now it looks like he could be better than James too?

City123
06-04-22, 19:49
I said he was already better than Wilson and should start for Wales, and now it looks like he could be better than James too?
He isn't better than Wilson and certainly isn't suitable for the role Wilson played against Austria.

Wales-Bales
06-04-22, 19:53
He isn't better than Wilson and certainly isn't suitable for the role Wilson played against Austria.
You see what you see and I see what I see :biggrin: He played deep on the left against Liverpool and did really well. He can play in a number of positions.

City123
06-04-22, 20:00
You see what you see and I see what I see :biggrin: He played deep on the left against Liverpool and did really well. He can play in a number of positions.
He's utilised as an almost pure attacking threat by Forest, he's often left furthest forward to begin the counter

Playing slightly deeper on the wing as you're playing Liverpool is also completely different to playing in the midfield as Wilson did against Austria. It would be a huge call to drop Wilson for Johnson.

Johnson for James is more doable, but I think James' pace and work rate is invaluable. Johnson is definitely the first player I'd look to bring on if we need a goal though

Wales-Bales
06-04-22, 20:03
He's utilised as an almost pure attacking threat by Forest, he's often left furthest forward to begin the counter

Playing slightly deeper on the wing as you're playing Liverpool is also completely different to playing in the midfield as Wilson did against Austria. It would be a huge call to drop Wilson for Johnson.

Johnson for James is more doable, but I think James' pace and work rate is invaluable. Johnson is definitely the first player I'd look to bring on if we need a goal though
We will have to agree to disagree on this one :thumbup: I'd also have Allen & Ampadu playing double pivot in midfield, so no room for Wilson I'm afraid.

19bluebirds27
06-04-22, 22:15
A brilliant prospect for Wales.
IF we make it to Qatar - big IF. Robert Page will have tough job whittling down his final squad.

the other bob wilson
07-04-22, 04:40

Gluey would have Ampadu in his world eleven, seems Johnson may be joining him - think he will turn into a better player than Wilson if he builds on the start to his career, but Page clearly got his selection right against Austria and Wilson was one of our better players that night.

BlueArmy 86
07-04-22, 08:28
I'm surprised he didn't play more against Austria. He almost scored and he was only on for a few minutes. I think he's much better than Wilson was at that age but I'm not sure he starts before him at this moment in time. Maybe by Qatar though (IF we make it).

chrisp_1927
07-04-22, 08:44

I'm sure he's quite played quite a lot of games in a midfield 3 for them aswell. His work rate and discipline is exceptional everytime I've seen them play

OurManFlint II
07-04-22, 13:38
We will have to agree to disagree on this one :thumbup: I'd also have Allen & Ampadu playing double pivot in midfield, so no room for Wilson I'm afraid.

Wales are better when we attack, Ampadu in the back and Allen only. If / when Allen goes, than Ampadu could step forward. I honestly don't see many other midfielders on the near horizon.

Hometown Unicorn!
07-04-22, 14:07
Page should really have taken him to Euro 2020 instead of Colwill.

He was further on in his development having had a fantastic season on loan at Lincoln playing week in week out. That loan gave him the platform to take the Championship by storm this season.

By taking Colwill, it automatically raised expectations when in reality he is one or two seasons behind Johnson. I have no doubt he will be a fantastic player and he'll have benefitted from the game time this season.

My only worry is I'm not sure if our manager is good enough or has the know how to utilise a player of Colwill's ability. Johnson will have benefitted greatly from a coach of the level of Cooper.

Wales-Bales
07-04-22, 15:15
Gluey would have Ampadu in his world eleven, seems Johnson may be joining him - think he will turn into a better player than Wilson if he builds on the start to his career, but Page clearly got his selection right against Austria and Wilson was one of our better players that night.

Bale

James - Ramsey - Johnson

Ampadu - Allen

Wales-Bales
07-04-22, 15:21
Back 4

Neco - Davies - Rodon - Roberts

or

Davies - Rodon - Mepham - Neco

dembethewarrior
07-04-22, 15:39
Back 4

Neco - Davies - Rodon - Roberts

or

Davies - Rodon - Mepham - Neco

I wouldn't trust a converted left back in a back 2 personally. He is also too slow to play as a left back.

Edit..before its jumped on..CB pairing was what I was getting at with back 2.

Rjk
07-04-22, 15:44
I wouldn't trust a converted left back in a back 2 personally. He is also too slow to play as a left back.

yeah I think Davies ' best position these days is the left side of a back 3.
Roberts can play as a wingback, and Neco Williams was born to play it.

our problem will be when Allen retires we don't have other players who can do that role, unless you play Ampadu in midfield and then we are short of centre backs

Wales-Bales
07-04-22, 15:56

Ampadu automatically drops into the the backline for Venezia when required. James, Ramsey & Roberts can also track back when we are defending.

dembethewarrior
07-04-22, 16:05
Ampadu automatically drops into the the backline for Venezia when required. James, Ramsey & Roberts can also track back when we are defending.

Cool.

I still think a cb pairing doesn't have room for a converted left back.

dembethewarrior
07-04-22, 16:06
yeah I think Davies ' best position these days is the left side of a back 3.
Roberts can play as a wingback, and Neco Williams was born to play it.

our problem will be when Allen retires we don't have other players who can do that role, unless you play Ampadu in midfield and then we are short of centre backs

Ampadu is a positive headache isn't he..

Yes Davies is fine in a 3 but shouldn't be anywhere near a cb pairing..

Wales-Bales
07-04-22, 16:08
Cool.

I still think a cb pairing doesn't have room for a converted left back.
Nathan Ake would give you nightmares then, but the role he plays for Man City is genius from Pep.

dembethewarrior
07-04-22, 16:11
Nathan Ake would give you nightmares then, but the role he plays for Man City is genius from Pep.

It wasn't a challenge to disprove me. I've just posted my opinion.

I'm aware it happens. Joe gomez was a right back wasn't he? I didn't even have to Google that it just came straight to me..

No nightmares here, as we were.

Left back on the bench...

Rjk
07-04-22, 16:14

I'm aware it happens. Joe gomez was a right back wasn't he? I didn't even have to Google that it just came straight to me..

I wouldn't describe Ake as a converted left back either, he's played the vast majority of his career at centre back

Wales-Bales
07-04-22, 16:17

I'm posting my opinion too, and modern football has changed the roles of players. Positions are no longer set in stone and the game is more fluid, so flexibility is a great asset.

Wales-Bales
07-04-22, 16:19
I wouldn't describe Ake as a converted left back either, he's played the vast majority of his career at centre back
He was all over the place against Atletico and it was interesting watching his movement. I never had him down as a Man City player, but that is the genius of Pep.

Rjk
07-04-22, 16:27
He was all over the place against Atletico and it was interesting watching his movement. I never had him down as a Man City player, but that is the genius of Pep.

that's left footed, ball playing centre backs for you, they are like rocking horse shit at the moment.
everyone who wants to play out from the back wants one, in a back 4 or especially a back 3.
it's a pity none of our up and coming centre backs are left footed (I don't think anyway) as that would make them an attractive prospect for bigger clubs.

dembethewarrior
07-04-22, 17:10
I'm posting my opinion too, and modern football has changed the roles of players. Positions are no longer set in stone and the game is more fluid, so flexibility is a great asset.

Yes, I understand that it was your opinion, you post to your hearts content pal, you do you etc. I just countered with a different opinion, as we do.

dembethewarrior
07-04-22, 17:10
that's left footed, ball playing centre backs for you, they are like rocking horse shit at the moment.
everyone who wants to play out from the back wants one, in a back 4 or especially a back 3.
it's a pity none of our up and coming centre backs are left footed (I don't think anyway) as that would make them an attractive prospect for bigger clubs.

We have brown

Wales-Bales
07-04-22, 17:50
Yes, I understand that it was your opinion, you post to your hearts content pal, you do you etc. I just countered with a different opinion, as we do.
Anyway, it's only banter as we all know Wilson will be starting on right, with Morrell next to Allen in midfield :biggrin:

Wales-Bales
07-04-22, 18:04
Ampadu is a positive headache isn't he..
I thought we looked better against the Czech Republic when he came on in midfield, and Rodon looked happier too not having players coming directly on to him.

dembethewarrior
07-04-22, 18:13
Anyway, it's only banter as we all know Wilson will be starting on right, with Morrell next to Allen in midfield :biggrin:

Morrell depresses me. And I don't use "depression" lightly either, I genuinely feel sad when the name pops up. Surely we have better?or players we can bring through and develop in the middle? I can still see colwills run now, and Morrell turns and passes backwards. I was still swearing later that night getting in the van to go to work :hehe:

Wales-Bales
07-04-22, 18:34
Morrell depresses me. And I don't use "depression" lightly either, I genuinely feel sad when the name pops up. Surely we have better?or players we can bring through and develop in the middle? I can still see colwills run now, and Morrell turns and passes backwards. I was still swearing later that night getting in the van to go to work :hehe:
The trouble is we are always going to be a few players short of being a top team, so there has to be some compromises. Midfield is probably our weakest area, and we need to protect the defence, as they can get a bit flustered when the opposition come through the middle.

dembethewarrior
07-04-22, 18:52
The trouble is we are always going to be a few players short of being a top team, so there has to be some compromises. Midfield is probably our weakest area, and we need to protect the defence, as they can get a bit flustered when the opposition come through the middle.

I appreciate we will have less than others, but there has to be better than him.

Wales-Bales
07-04-22, 19:08
I appreciate we will have less than others, but there has to be better than him.
That's why I proposed putting Ampadu there as he can play as a versatile CDM dropping deep if required. On the negative side it messes with our current defensive line-up, hence the conundrum. Ramsey can play there, but I prefer him more advanced alongside James, Bale & Johnson, which would be an excellent offensive unit at this level.

Wash DC Blue
07-04-22, 19:22
I'd like to see Sorba Thomas playing.
Swap Neco for Robert's then add Thomas.

Pedro de la Rosa
07-04-22, 19:29

Why? Roberts is a very good player and can defend.

All this talk of changing formation is baffling. The current formation suits so many of our best players, it would be madness to change it. The 4 at the back formations don't seem to suit us at all.

dembethewarrior
07-04-22, 19:39

All this talk of changing formation is baffling. The current formation suits so many of our best players, it would be madness to change it. The 4 at the back formations don't seem to suit us at all.

Discussion is the fuel that keeps these boards running.

Sorry if I missed it, where did Wash DC mention a formation swap?

Rjk
07-04-22, 20:05

trouble is they're all right footed.
out of any of them I think Neco is bmthe best equipped to play on the left.
ideally we would clone Neco and have him on both flanks

Wash DC Blue
07-04-22, 20:10

I'm not a fan of Roberts at all.
He's had some howlers for Wales IMO.
It's not the Jack thing, I never liked Neil Taylor either but a massive fan of Ben Davies.

Wash DC Blue
07-04-22, 20:13
trouble is they're all right footed.
out of any of them I think Neco is bmthe best equipped to play on the left.
ideally we would clone Neco and have him on both flanks

That would be epic.
We need to get the guy that cloned Dolly the sheep on board at the WFA.

OurManFlint II
08-04-22, 10:26

What, on the bench?

Wales-Bales
08-04-22, 11:30
What, on the bench?
Not in the game I saw, in which he had 108 touches and 88 passes with 91% accuracy.

OurManFlint II
08-04-22, 13:04
Not in the game I saw, in which he had 108 touches and 88 passes with 91% accuracy.

At 2 million a game I'd expect better than that!

Wales-Bales
18-04-22, 19:25
Scores again, cool as ice. I can't see how he is inferior to Harry Wilson?

Rjk
18-04-22, 20:01
Scores again, cool as ice. I can't see how he is inferior to Harry Wilson?

he plays a different role. when Johnson forces his way into the Wales first XI it won't be at the expense of Wilson

the other bob wilson
18-04-22, 20:22
Has that ref got any Welsh qualification? He’s Forest’s most influential performer tonight.

Wales-Bales
19-04-22, 10:43
he plays a different role. when Johnson forces his way into the Wales first XI it won't be at the expense of Wilson
I was referring to the direct comparisons as I've already said they will both play.

Rjk
19-04-22, 21:55
I was referring to the direct comparisons as I've already said they will both play.

Wilson has 10 goals and 15 assists this season, from 38 games - Johnson has 15 goals (including 2 pens) and 9 assists from 41. They are both having great seasons.

Wales-Bales
23-04-22, 16:59
A great assist, on his left peg too, and one disallowed assist.

https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/11688/12533583/championship-highlights (https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/11688/12533583/championship-highlights?postid=3771049#liveblog-body)

Wales-Bales
27-05-22, 18:28
Big game Sunday, and it could be his last for Forest.

He is capable of playing for a top-six club now, so should he be starting for Wales?

Hilts
27-05-22, 21:08

He is capable of playing for a top-six club now, so should he be starting for Wales?

Has to prove hes good enough for the PL let alone top 6.

Id be starting him v Scotland/ Ukraine though. I think hes better than Dan James.

dembethewarrior
27-05-22, 21:13
Has to prove hes good enough for the PL let alone top 6.

Id be starting him v Scotland/ Ukraine though. I think hes better than Dan James.

You should know by now what he's doing.

Wales-Bales
27-05-22, 23:07

I didn't include the link

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/brennan-johnson-nottingham-forest-transfer-7128448

Wales-Bales
05-06-22, 18:48
I know a good player when I see one! :wales:

Pearcey3
05-06-22, 18:58
Johnson is the real deal. Lovely to see him break through.

Hilts
05-06-22, 19:03
We cant be leaving him out. Needs to start.

Wales-Bales
05-06-22, 19:07
We cant be leaving him out. Needs to start.
He's next generation Salah, Liverpool should snap him up!

Forgotmyoldaccount
05-06-22, 20:28
I think we need to start with

Johnson--- James ---- Bale at the World Cup.

Blistering pace up front to always keep them honest. James is a pressing monster too. Put Moore on around the 60th minute.

NottinghamBlue
06-06-22, 07:42
Bale

James - Ramsey - Johnson

Ampadu - Allen

There looks to be a real balance to this selection.

Wales-Bales
14-06-22, 23:12
I didn't include the link

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/brennan-johnson-nottingham-forest-transfer-7128448Robert Page was right.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="cy" dir="ltr">BRENNAN JOHNSON! ��<br><br>Cymru'n taro’n ôl! �������������� <br><br>25’ Yr Iseldiroedd 2-1 Cymru | <a href="https://t.co/JH7dqGTOaF">https://t.co/JH7dqGTOaF</a><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NEDWAL?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NEDWAL</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/UEFANationsLeague?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#UEFANationsLeague</a> <a href="https://t.co/YDgue5cNgx">pic.twitter.com/YDgue5cNgx</a></p>&mdash; Sgorio ⚽️ (@sgorio) <a href="https://twitter.com/sgorio/status/1536789788984070147?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 14, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rjk
14-06-22, 23:22
Robert Page was right.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="cy" dir="ltr">BRENNAN JOHNSON! ��<br><br>Cymru'n taro’n ôl! �������������� <br><br>25’ Yr Iseldiroedd 2-1 Cymru | <a href="https://t.co/JH7dqGTOaF">https://t.co/JH7dqGTOaF</a><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NEDWAL?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NEDWAL</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/UEFANationsLeague?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#UEFANationsLeague</a> <a href="https://t.co/YDgue5cNgx">pic.twitter.com/YDgue5cNgx</a></p>— Sgorio ⚽️ (@sgorio) <a href="https://twitter.com/sgorio/status/1536789788984070147?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 14, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lovely pass by Harry Wilson

Wales-Bales
14-06-22, 23:29
The entire game is on YouTube if you click the first link.

Wales-Bales
15-06-22, 00:07
Yes, a very fine pass indeed. After James' excellent tackle it was two touches by Wilson and one by Johnson, and then it's in the back of the net. The look on de Ligt's face was priceless :biggrin:

LeningradCowboy
01-07-22, 20:19
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62017841

Nottingham Forest and Wales forward Brennan Johnson has signed a new four-year deal with the club.

Citizen's Nephew
01-07-22, 20:29
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62017841

Nottingham Forest and Wales forward Brennan Johnson has signed a new four-year deal with the club.

Wow. They've done well to hold on to him. What a player. I'm actually looking forward to watching him play for them in the PL.

Edit: You've totally upstaged my Andy Dibble football card thread! :hehe:

Wales-Bales
01-07-22, 20:55
I wonder if he will get away with this in the EPL

https://twitter.com/callumcasteln/status/1541854375211147264 (https://twitter.com/callumcasteln/status/1541854375211147264)

2b2bdoo
01-07-22, 21:32
Certainly one to look at for the fantasy football.

Trigger
02-07-22, 07:41
Certainly one to look at for the fantasy football.

Will be tough for him. Thinking Mitrovic in a considerably better Fulham team. Cheap wildcard sort of punt though.

2b2bdoo
02-07-22, 08:05
Will be tough for him. Thinking Mitrovic in a considerably better Fulham team. Cheap wildcard sort of punt though.

I always start with Mitrovic and he always fails me �� be interesting in prices, they have shagged releasing some

lardy
02-07-22, 08:31
I always start with Mitrovic and he always fails me �� be interesting in prices, they have shagged releasing some

They've what?!

Citizen's Nephew
02-07-22, 08:54
They've what?!

:popcorn:

2b2bdoo
02-07-22, 10:51
They've what?!

It was supposed to say started haha

Wales-Bales
30-07-22, 18:54
Is his talent still in doubt?

https://twitter.com/nffcwazza/status/1553450942430863363

delmbox
30-07-22, 19:28
Is his talent still in doubt?

https://twitter.com/nffcwazza/status/1553450942430863363

a) Was it ever?

Although

b) I could have scored that

Wales-Bales
30-07-22, 19:35
a) Was it ever?

Although

Just checking because he was behind James & Wilson a few pages back, even though he was tearing Premier League teams apart.

PS you could never finish like that :biggrin:

StraightOuttaCanton
30-07-22, 19:46
Just checking because he was behind James & Wilson a few pages back, even though he was tearing Premier League teams apart.

PS you could never finish like that :biggrin:

Your incessant point scoring is cringeworthy. What makes you do it?

Wales-Bales
30-07-22, 19:49
Your incessant point scoring is cringeworthy. What makes you do it?
I was missing your attention :frown:

Citizen's Nephew
30-07-22, 21:45
Sometimes I click on a thread and immediately begrudge the energy expended but try and focus on the calorie burn.

Carl Dale's Mole
31-07-22, 02:19
a) Was it ever?

Although

Let's be honest, yours (and mine) would look more like this:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Obafemi with miss of the season <a href="https://t.co/3dNJNHJP1A">pic.twitter.com/3dNJNHJP1A</a></p>&mdash; James 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 (@JamesSCFC_) <a href="https://twitter.com/JamesSCFC_/status/1553433333845082113?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 30, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

delmbox
31-07-22, 09:49
Let's be honest, yours (and mine) would look more like this:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Obafemi with miss of the season <a href="https://t.co/3dNJNHJP1A">pic.twitter.com/3dNJNHJP1A</a></p>— James �������������� (@JamesSCFC_) <a href="https://twitter.com/JamesSCFC_/status/1553433333845082113?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 30, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yeah you're probably right :hehe:

LeningradCowboy
05-03-23, 15:40
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BRENNAN JOHNSON GRABS A GOAL BACK! 💥 <br><br>The City Ground 𝐄𝐑𝐔𝐏𝐓𝐒! 🔊 <a href="https://t.co/ecKR0LVTyQ">pic.twitter.com/ecKR0LVTyQ</a></p>&mdash; Sky Sports Premier League (@SkySportsPL) <a href="https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1632386342666510343?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 5, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LeningradCowboy
05-03-23, 15:40
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">🗣️ &quot;Just when you were ready to write Nottingham Forest off&quot; <br><br>IT'S BRENNAN JOHNSON AGAIN 👏 <a href="https://t.co/YXjK7MhQbe">pic.twitter.com/YXjK7MhQbe</a></p>&mdash; Sky Sports Premier League (@SkySportsPL) <a href="https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1632405152068976641?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 5, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dave Blue
05-03-23, 15:46
He’s a must for Wales. A key player in any future success

Wales-Bales
05-03-23, 15:53
Once he finds his consistency it will be interesting to see what his ceiling is. I see him playing for a Top 4 team if he keeps on improving.

the other bob wilson
05-03-23, 15:54
Gibbs-White is a good player, but Johnson is doing a lot more to keepForest up than him. Forest haven’t played well today, but it looks like Johnson has ensured there’s no harm done for them - this is a game Everton should have won.

Johnson has just been nominated as Man of the Match.

Wales-Bales
05-03-23, 16:18
Gibbs-White is a good player, but Johnson is doing a lot more to keepForest up than him. Forest haven’t played well today, but it looks like Johnson has ensured there’s no harm done for them - this is a game Everton should have won.

Johnson has just been nominated as Man of the Match.The signing of Gibbs-White has allowed Johnson to flourish.

the other bob wilson
05-03-23, 16:48
The signing of Gibbs-White has allowed Johnson to flourish.

Johnson was flourishing, albeit in the Championship, well before Gibbs-White arrived - seems to me that, if anyone’s allowing someone to flourish, it’s Johnson helping Gibbs-White to.

Pedro de la Rosa
05-03-23, 18:34
Well, Johnson will certainly be in the PL next season. He's a match winner.

2b2bdoo
05-03-23, 22:04
Page hasn’t got a clue he probably won’t start.

City123
05-03-23, 22:34
Page hasn’t got a clue he probably won’t start.
I'd be very surprised if he didn't, he's the most natural Bale replacement and is often first off the bench

Wales-Bales
05-03-23, 23:49
Johnson was flourishing, albeit in the Championship, well before Gibbs-White arrived - seems to me that, if anyone’s allowing someone to flourish, it’s Johnson helping Gibbs-White to.I've watched every Forest game this season, including the crisis where Cooper was on the brink of being sacked, and the recovery inspired by Gibbs-White & Johnson. It's an interesting case study.

dembethewarrior
06-03-23, 08:35
I've watched every Forest game this season, including the crisis where Cooper was on the brink of being sacked, and the recovery inspired by Gibbs-White & Johnson. It's an interesting case study.
"Interesting case study"

Oh do **** off.

Harry Paget Flashman
06-03-23, 08:37
I've watched every Forest game this season, including the crisis where Cooper was on the brink of being sacked, and the recovery inspired by Gibbs-White & Johnson. It's an interesting case study.

Imagine where they'd be if they signed Ampadu in the summer.

dembethewarrior
06-03-23, 08:39

Stop it he's getting a semi

City123
06-03-23, 11:44
Add in Wycombe's Chem Campbell and they'd be competing for the title

Wales-Bales
06-03-23, 15:40
You lot have short memories. There was a time when Forest couldn't string a pass together and Cooper was on the verge of getting sacked, and he even pulled Johnson from the starting XI for his own good. The World Cup came at the right time, and whatever Cooper did on the training field to turn things around he deserves a lot of credit. The turnaround came when Cooper got Gibbs-White & Johnson playing together with more purpose.

Brennan Johnson heaps praise on Nottingham Forest teammate Morgan Gibbs-White

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/2023/01/16/brennan-johnson-hails-nottingham-forest-star-morgan-gibbs-white/

Brennan Johnson raves about Nottingham Forest star Morgan Gibbs-White

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/2023/01/23/brennan-johnson-has-raved-about-forest-star-morgan-gibbs-white/

Nottingham Forest urged to make bold Brennan Johnson and Morgan Gibbs-White decisions

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/forest-contracts-johnson-gibbs-white-8170814

Wales-Bales
06-03-23, 15:43
Do you get a hard on dissing young Welsh players? Ampadu was arguably our best player at the World Cup, but anything to make you look like a big boy, hey? :hehe:

Harry Paget Flashman
06-03-23, 15:58
Do you get a hard on dissing young Welsh players? Ampadu was arguably our best player at the World Cup, but anything to make you look like a big boy, hey? :hehe:

Nothing on the board gets me hard and I certainly wasn’t dissing any Welsh players.

I was taking the piss out of you, ya ****ing helmet.

Tuerto
06-03-23, 15:59

Are you a Cardiff Fan, or just Wales? I can't recall you posting about City :thumbup:

Wales-Bales
06-03-23, 16:04
Add in Wycombe's Chem Campbell and they'd be competing for the titleI was surprised too when Wolves sent a 19 year old youngster out on-loan. I was expecting Real Madrid to swoop and build their 2022/23 Champions League team around him.

PS Aren't you the fella who said Wilson was better than Johnson?

Wales-Bales
06-03-23, 16:06
Are you a Cardiff Fan, or just Wales? I can't recall you posting about City :thumbup:Big fan mate since I was a small boy :thumbup:

Tuerto
06-03-23, 16:07
Big fan mate since I was a small boy :thumbup:

:thumbup: Just wasn't sure. I only see you post about Wales :thumbup:

fugsyphil
06-03-23, 16:08
The world cup came at anything but a good time. Johnson like nearly all the others was terrible at the world cup. 3 utter dross matches to have watched live

Wales-Bales
06-03-23, 16:09
Nothing on the board gets me hard and I certainly wasn’t dissing any Welsh players.

I was taking the piss out of you, ya ****ing helmet.Posting something knowledgeable about football would impress me more.

Wales-Bales
06-03-23, 16:10
The world cup came at anything but a good time. Johnson like nearly all the others was terrible at the world cup. 3 utter dross matches to have watched liveI said the World Cup came at a good time for Forest.

Harry Paget Flashman
06-03-23, 16:13
Posting something knowledgeable about football would impress me more.

Why would I want to impress you? You have this air of superiority and pretend to have an ability / knowledge that the rest of us plebs on here can only dream of.

I just think you come across a bit wanky.

Come to think of it why am I engaging with you. Wastes my time as I've never been interested in anything you've posted. :wave:

Wales-Bales
06-03-23, 16:15
:thumbup: Just wasn't sure. I only see you post about Wales :thumbup:Not a lot to say about City at the moment, they have been dire for a number of years and some of their games are hard to watch! I keep hoping that Tan will exit so that we can start over.

fugsyphil
06-03-23, 16:16
I said the World Cup came at a good time for Forest.

Oh sorry must have misread as I thought the thread was about Johnson and Wales

dembethewarrior
06-03-23, 16:20
:thumbup: Just wasn't sure. I only see you post about Wales :thumbup:

He hasn't got time to watch us, what with a full time job, knowing everything about everything, watching all of Brennan Johnson and Ampadus games. He probably watches ALL the games of a few players.

He's probably got square eyes and doesn't leave his bedsit.

City123
06-03-23, 16:33
I was surprised too when Wolves sent a 19 year old youngster out on-loan. I was expecting Real Madrid to swoop and build their 2022/23 Champions League team around him.

PS Aren't you the fella who said Wilson was better than Johnson?
You've called for us to play Campbell at senior level and for him to be a squad regular providing competition to the likes of Dan James based on 2 minute cameos for Wolves

I don't remember ever saying that, if I did I was wrong but I've rated Johnson for a long time. I may have argued that Wilson should start ahead of him but that doesn't mean I think he's the better player just more suited to a certain role due to the others on the pitch.

City123
06-03-23, 16:34
He hasn't got time to watch us, what with a full time job, knowing everything about everything, watching all of Brennan Johnson and Ampadus games. He probably watches ALL the games of a few players.

He's probably got square eyes and doesn't leave his bedsit.
It's bizarre, it's like he thinks that nobody else has heard of these players and he's the only one who can see their true talent. Johnson, Ampadu etc have been very highly rated for a long time

Wales-Bales
06-03-23, 16:42
Why would I want to impress you? You have this air of superiority and pretend to have an ability / knowledge that the rest of us plebs on here can only dream of.I'm interested in the tactics and I watch a couple of random teams each season. It started with Pep when I was trying to understand his style of play, and I followed their matches for a season. I was coached by ex-international players as a youngster, and I have always enjoyed this side of football. Not trying to be superior or anything, it's just banter for me.

Wales-Bales
06-03-23, 16:51
You've called for us to play Campbell at senior level and for him to be a squad regular providing competition to the likes of Dan James based on 2 minute cameos for WolvesI specifically said Wales should cap their young dual-nationality players (Campbell, Harris, etc.,) and then I said young players in general should be gaining experience as squad members instead of Gunter & Williams. Why do you have a problem with that?

Wales-Bales
06-03-23, 16:55

He's probably got square eyes and doesn't leave his bedsit.I've watched loads of different teams, it's quite educational and beats being a keyboard warrior :biggrin:

dembethewarrior
06-03-23, 17:44
I've watched loads of different teams, it's quite educational and beats being a keyboard warrior :biggrin:

Doesn't take much time to read and post on here though. You must be flat out watching multiple games a week. How do you do anything else?

Wales-Bales
06-03-23, 18:07
Doesn't take much time to read and post on here though. You must be flat out watching multiple games a week. How do you do anything else?Spending 270 minutes a week on a hobby or interest is not the big deal you are making it out to be. If I were to hazard guess, I reckon you probably spend more time than that watching the mindless crap they dish up on TV every night?

dembethewarrior
06-03-23, 18:22
Spending 270 minutes a week on a hobby or interest is not the big deal you are making it out to be. If I were to hazard guess, I reckon you probably spend more time than that watching the mindless crap they dish up on TV every night?
I watch a bit of YouTube on the tv. Not a lot as the clickbait is annoying..

I've watched Yellowstone on TV an hour a week and not the entire year round.

I click on and off here through the day.

I'm busy.

So it's only Johnson and Ampadu you watch weekly then? So in the future when you claim to have seen X amount of X youngster we can come back to this post and call your bullshit?

Cheers.

Wales-Bales
06-03-23, 18:28
I watch a bit of YouTube on the tv. Not a lot as the clickbait is annoying..

I've watched Yellowstone on TV an hour a week and not the entire year round.

I click on and off here through the day.

I'm busy.

So it's only Johnson and Ampadu you watch weekly then? So in the future when you claim to have seen X amount of X youngster we can come back to this post and call your bullshit?

Cheers.I follow managers, not players :thumbup:

the other bob wilson
06-03-23, 18:39
I follow managers, not players :thumbup:

Blimey, how many managers have you been following with Ampadu’s career?

City123
06-03-23, 18:40
I specifically said Wales should cap their young dual-nationality players (Campbell, Harris, etc.,) and then I said young players in general should be gaining experience as squad members instead of Gunter & Williams. Why do you have a problem with that?
Because we shouldn't be so insecure that we feel we need to immediately cap anyone half decent, they either want to play for Wales or they don't. It also takes 4 competitive caps now so it's more than just chucking them on in a friendly. The Welsh setup are pretty confident in themselves by letting dual qualified youngsters go and experience other nations' setups. Biancheri is a dual qualified prospect, should we call him up?

Sure if they played regularly at any senior level but they hadn't, Williams at least was still playing regularly so is higher up the food chain on merit. Even if we were to replace Williams we have Bradshaw, Cooper and Aaron Collins who should come in for that forward spot or even the likes of Lowery, Sheehan, MJ Williams, Terry Taylor in midfield when fit. Gunter shouldn't be in any squads going forward but his place shouldn't be taken by another attacker when you have Tom Lockyer and Regan Poole not making squads. We have plenty of young players in our squad already, half of the World Cup squad were 25 or younger, there is no need to add more youth

dembethewarrior
06-03-23, 19:19
I follow managers, not players :thumbup:

Bull shit.

Wales-Bales
06-03-23, 19:25
It looks like this thread is full of people who feel the need to criticize other peoples opinions while expressing none of their own. It's a pity really as Johnson is an exciting prospect and it will be interesting to see how his career pans out.

dembethewarrior
06-03-23, 19:27
It looks like this thread is full of people who like to criticize other peoples opinions while expressing none of their own.

I think all of those people you mention habe had plenty of their own opinions on this board over the years. It's just we can all see what an utter bullshiting idiot you are.

Wales-Bales
06-03-23, 19:31
I think all of those people you mention habe had plenty of their own opinions on this board over the years. It's just we can all see what an utter bullshiting idiot you are.You should be banned for your constant hate speech on here. I hope the mods are taking note.

LeningradCowboy
06-03-23, 19:52

I was trying to work that one out as well.

Wales-Bales
06-03-23, 20:14
Nagelsmann.

cyril evans awaydays
06-03-23, 20:28
Nagelsmann.

Ampadu made three first team appearances for him in a season long loan. What did Nagelsmann conclude?

Tito Fuente
06-03-23, 20:54
Ampadu made three first team appearances for him in a season long loan. What did Nagelsmann conclude?
I remember Ampadu having an immense game against Spurs when he played for Leipzig.

I really thought that he had something about him judging on that performance.

It's strange how he hasn't seemed to push on from there considering it was a few years ago.

dembethewarrior
06-03-23, 20:55
You should be banned for your constant hate speech on here. I hope the mods are taking note.

Yeah Mike sent me a PM telling me to up the ante as you're a complete ****ing whopper

dembethewarrior
06-03-23, 20:56

:hehe:

Tuerto
06-03-23, 20:59
:hehe:

Where is Ampadu now? ( Yes i know, Google it :hehe:)

dembethewarrior
06-03-23, 21:05
Where is Ampadu now? ( Yes i know, Google it :hehe:)

I know he's in Italy but not sure what team, possibly spezia or something like that.

City123
06-03-23, 21:31
Ampadu's a good player who's been messed around a little bit by Chelsea. I'm pretty confident he'll still end up a top 6 PL player, but it will probably take him leaving Chelsea

Wales-Bales
06-03-23, 23:11
I remember Ampadu having an immense game against Spurs when he played for Leipzig.

I really thought that he had something about him judging on that performance.

It's strange how he hasn't seemed to push on from there considering it was a few years ago.That's the only game I have seen him play where he has been surrounded by top class players in a well-coached team.

Tuerto
06-03-23, 23:24
That's the only game I have seen him play where he has been surrounded by top class players in a well-coached team.

Why hasn't it happened since?

Wales-Bales
06-03-23, 23:25
Ampadu's a good player who's been messed around a little bit by Chelsea. I'm pretty confident he'll still end up a top 6 PL player, but it will probably take him leaving ChelseaNobody would look good in any of the teams he has been loaned to, but he still manages to look half decent. Until he plays in a proper team we will never know how good (or bad) he is.

Tuerto
06-03-23, 23:35
Nobody would look good in any of the teams he has been loaned to, but he still manages to look half decent. Until he plays in a proper team we will never know how good (or bad) he is.

That's completely the wrong way round, it doesn't work like that. Players can still show their ability and class in a poor outfit. He isn't good enough for the highest level of football.

Wales-Bales
07-03-23, 00:11
That's completely the wrong way round, it doesn't work like that. Players can still show their ability and class in a poor outfit. He isn't good enough for the highest level of football.You need good movement off the ball from the other players to do that, people who can see 3 or 4 moves ahead, otherwise a move invariably breaks down and you are back under pressure. The Leipzig v Spurs game is a good example of that. Nobody will ever look elite playing with a bunch of journeymen.

Tuerto
07-03-23, 00:27
You need good movement off the ball from the other players to do that, people who can see 3 or 4 moves ahead, otherwise a move invariably breaks down and you are back under pressure. The Leipzig v Spurs game is a good example of that. Nobody will ever look elite playing with a bunch of journeymen.

So, in short, it's everyone else then, 'It's not me boss' Without being disrespectful, that is complete nonsense. I'm sure we could all list players who have gone on to compete at the highest level who started out playing with players who weren't very good,but those players showed enough for a bigger team to take a chance on them, something Ampadu hasn't been able to do, at the four or five clubs he's been at. Ability is ability, intelligence is intelligence, it shows through at whatever level a player is at, and more importantly, good football people at the highest level can spot it a mile off.

Wales-Bales
07-03-23, 00:36
So, in short, it's everyone else then, 'It's not me boss' Without being disrespectful, that is complete nonsense. I'm sure we could all list players who have gone on to compete at the highest level who started out playing with players who weren't very good,but those players showed enough for a bigger team to take a chance on them, something Ampadu hasn't been able to do, at the four or five clubs he's been at. Ability is ability, intelligence is intelligence, it shows through at whatever level a player is at, and more importantly, good football people at the highest level can spot it a mile off.You can look competent, but you will never look like a world beater. I blame the Chelsea loan system where they harvest and hoard young talent. Ampadu should have left Chelsea after the Sheffield United loan. I understand he is a lifelong Chelsea fan, so he may be in denial and that's why he has never tried to leave.

the other bob wilson
07-03-23, 06:51
Nobody would look good in any of the teams he has been loaned to, but he still manages to look half decent. Until he plays in a proper team we will never know how good (or bad) he is.

People say that City have not produced any good players from their Academy in recent years and use the fact that no one we've released has come to much since leaving us as proof that they are right, but your logic says that's bollox doesn't it?

the other bob wilson
07-03-23, 06:53
That's the only game I have seen him play where he has been surrounded by top class players in a well-coached team.

Why didn't it happen in other games he played for Leipzig then?

Tuerto
07-03-23, 07:09
Why didn't it happen in other games he played for Leipzig then?

I recall that game, because WB was on here telling us all about Ampadu doing Harry Kane that evening, 'The Welsh Beckenbauer' as i recall, so i had a look. Ampadu was more 'Spare' than a spare tyre that had disconnected from a Ford Cortina on a journey along a country lane which had ended up in a hedge row. Ampadu struggles when he has to pick up runners, his focus is poor at times and his eyes follow the ball, bot the player, he gets sucked out and involved in situations where he has no business. I like the idea of everyone else being crap though, affecting my performance, i'm going to use that one today.... :hehe:

dembethewarrior
07-03-23, 07:55
I recall that game, because WB was on here telling us all about Ampadu doing Harry Kane that evening, 'The Welsh Beckenbauer' as i recall, so i had a look. Ampadu was more 'Spare' than a spare tyre that had disconnected from a Ford Cortina on a journey along a country lane which had ended up in a hedge row. Ampadu struggles when he has to pick up runners, his focus is poor at times and his eyes follow the ball, bot the player, he gets sucked out and involved in situations where he has no business. I like the idea of everyone else being crap though, affecting my performance, i'm going to use that one today.... :hehe:

"Why didn't you finish that job today Demb"

"Rest of the lads are shit boss"

City123
07-03-23, 10:49
So, in short, it's everyone else then, 'It's not me boss' Without being disrespectful, that is complete nonsense. I'm sure we could all list players who have gone on to compete at the highest level who started out playing with players who weren't very good,but those players showed enough for a bigger team to take a chance on them, something Ampadu hasn't been able to do, at the four or five clubs he's been at. Ability is ability, intelligence is intelligence, it shows through at whatever level a player is at, and more importantly, good football people at the highest level can spot it a mile off.
To be fair on Ampadu he's often been in limbo between Chelsea's firsts and being loaned out again which leads to rushed late moves. He went to Venezia late in the window because they'd stopped an earlier move to Newcastle as they wanted to play him only to decide they didn't. As far as I know he's performed well in Italy too

He's 22 with 40 caps for one of Wales' most successful sides and been a regular in the PL and Serie A. That's not bad going and I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up at a high level

LA Bluebird
07-03-23, 11:03
He seems like a useful player to me, got a decent engine, good on the ball and a solid passer but doesn't really feel like he has the physical abilities to be a top Prem player as a defensive midfielder and he isn't skillful enough with the ball at his feet to play further forward either. Definitely a decent player but not sure he's kicked on fully from such a promising start.

He might end up finding his best position in the Ben Davies role as the mobile/ball playing defender in a back three but if what's being said about his defensive awareness and positioning is right that's going to be a stretch too... Davies has to be one of the most underrated players around at reading the game defensively and it's really that attribute that has kept him at the top level for so long IMO.

Tuerto
07-03-23, 11:18
To be fair on Ampadu he's often been in limbo between Chelsea's firsts and being loaned out again which leads to rushed late moves. He went to Venezia late in the window because they'd stopped an earlier move to Newcastle as they wanted to play him only to decide they didn't. As far as I know he's performed well in Italy too

He's 22 with 40 caps for one of Wales' most successful sides and been a regular in the PL and Serie A. That's not bad going and I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up at a high level

He may well play premier league football for a sustained period, but in a side that makes him important, because the qualities that Ampadu possesses are quite specialist. He's composed on the ball, but needs that little bit of time and space, he isn't a 'quick' player, although may well have a quick brain. He's no defender in the truest sense of the word, I don't even think he's that physical, and with plenty of players who are good with the the game in front of them, as Ampadu is, they struggle like hell when they're on the Backfoot. Ampadu, although improved, can be all over the shop when defending facing his own goal, it's like he is disoriented. I can't see any top 6 premier league club taking a chance on him, because they would have to play through him, that's his greatest asset, and I don't think it's enough to see him at the highest level .

NYCBlue
07-03-23, 11:46
That's completely the wrong way round, it doesn't work like that. Players can still show their ability and class in a poor outfit. He isn't good enough for the highest level of football.

This. He should be playing in the Championship. He's wasting a short career.

blue matt
07-03-23, 11:55
I like Amps, a very good player, I prefer him in the CDM rolel and we cant forget he Is still only 22, still has another 10 Years in the game at a decent level, I guess when his contract is up at Chelsea he will be out of the door ( which I believe is the end of this season )

Tuerto
07-03-23, 12:33
I like Amps, a very good player, I prefer him in the CDM rolel and we cant forget he Is still only 22, still has another 10 Years in the game at a decent level, I guess when his contract is up at Chelsea he will be out of the door ( which I believe is the end of this season )

He's 23 this year, so needs to get a wriggle on. I don't know if his time abroad would have helped in his development or that he should have been playing at championship level in order to speed up his development and keep himself on the radar so to speak. Actually, it's odd why he didn't go to a championship side, it would be interesting to know whether there were offers, which I am sure there were, or whether Ampadu, Chelsea or both thought that it wouldn't be the right place for him.

City123
07-03-23, 13:29
This. He should be playing in the Championship. He's wasting a short career.
Why the Championship? He's playing in Serie A

Wales-Bales
07-03-23, 15:44
I like Amps, a very good player, I prefer him in the CDM rolel and we cant forget he Is still only 22, still has another 10 Years in the game at a decent level, I guess when his contract is up at Chelsea he will be out of the door ( which I believe is the end of this season )He's going into his final year, so they either play him or sell him.

Wales-Bales
07-03-23, 15:49
He may well play premier league football for a sustained period, but in a side that makes him important, because the qualities that Ampadu possesses are quite specialist. He's composed on the ball, but needs that little bit of time and space, he isn't a 'quick' player, although may well have a quick brain. He's no defender in the truest sense of the word, I don't even think he's that physical, and with plenty of players who are good with the the game in front of them, as Ampadu is, they struggle like hell when they're on the Backfoot. Ampadu, although improved, can be all over the shop when defending facing his own goal, it's like he is disoriented. I can't see any top 6 premier league club taking a chance on him, because they would have to play through him, that's his greatest asset, and I don't think it's enough to see him at the highest level .In saying that, his performance stats place him among the best players for his age in the top 5 European leagues.

Tito Fuente
07-03-23, 16:00
In saying that, his performance stats place him among the best players for his age in the top 5 European leagues.

What performance stats are these?

There's no way on earth that he's in the top 10 of players 22 or younger that play in the big 5 leagues.

Rjk
07-03-23, 16:01
In saying that, his performance stats place him among the best players for his age in the top 5 European leagues.

which stats? for which position?

Tito Fuente
07-03-23, 16:50
which stats? for which position?
Like a dumbbell stretching from Lands End to John o'Groats - I think it's going to be a long wait.

Tuerto
07-03-23, 16:59

In the words of the Indelible Roy Walker 'Just say what you see'

Pedro de la Rosa
07-03-23, 17:24

The stats are wrong then. That's why clubs like Brentford don't use "normal" stats available to mere mortals like us.

Also, with regards to him playing in the Champ as some other posters have said, he's lived in Venice and La Spezia. I reckon that's probably a bit nicer than Hull :hehe:

He'll have had some great experiences and more British players should play abroad, and he'll be a steady PL player/top Champ and that's probably his level.

Tito Fuente
07-03-23, 17:24
In the words of the Indelible Roy Walker 'Just say what you see'
***A clip of Mr Chips evacuating cow muck from his mouth while gesturing to another person***

*Buzz*

"Is it 'chatting shit'?"

City123
07-03-23, 18:24
The stats are wrong then. That's why clubs like Brentford don't use "normal" stats available to mere mortals like us.

Also, with regards to him playing in the Champ as some other posters have said, he's lived in Venice and La Spezia. I reckon that's probably a bit nicer than Hull :hehe:

He'll have had some great experiences and more British players should play abroad, and he'll be a steady PL player/top Champ and that's probably his level.
Exactly. He's a 22 year old with over 80 top flight appearances, played at the Euros and World Cup whilst living in Venice and La Spezia along the way, not bad

Wales-Bales
10-03-23, 21:49
Championship level Ampadu (7.5 rating) playing at CCB led his team to victory over Champions League contenders Inter Milan, who had Lukaku, Dzeko and World Cup winner Martinez up front. Inter's goal came from the penalty spot. Maybe City can make a cheeky bid and save his career?

Harry Paget Flashman
10-03-23, 22:07
Championship level Ampadu (7.5 rating) playing at CCB led his team to victory over Champions League contenders Inter Milan, who had Lukaku, Dzeko and World Cup winner Martinez up front. Inter's goal came from the penalty spot. Maybe City can make a cheeky bid and save his career?

7.5 rating. He had a 6.6 rating in leading them to victory tonight.

Wales-Bales
10-03-23, 22:11
7.5 rating. He had a 6.6 rating in leading them to victory tonight.
Not on my app based on Opta stats. Why are you nit-picking? You seem desperate for him not to do well :hehe:

Wales-Bales
10-03-23, 22:34
This message board is brilliant at times, a 22 year-old Welsh lad is playing against 3 world class strikers and stops them from scoring, and somebody with a vendetta decides to go all Debbie Downer on him! You can't make this stuff up :biggrin:

Harry Paget Flashman
10-03-23, 22:56
This message board is brilliant at times, a 22 year-old Welsh lad is playing against 3 world class strikers and stops them from scoring, and somebody with a vendetta decides to go all Debbie Downer on him! You can't make this stuff up :biggrin:

I want him to do well, I think he is.

I see this boards duty to keep you in check. Getting a hard on over a 22 year old man that is unattainable for you can't be good for your mental health.

We are here to help.

Wales-Bales
10-03-23, 23:04

I see this boards duty to keep you in check. Getting a hard on over a 22 year old man that is unattainable for you can't be good for your mental health.

We are here to help.:hehe:

Tuerto
10-03-23, 23:09

We are here to help.

It isn't quite right how he seems so fixated on Ampadu and johnson. Although he doesn't have to justify it to anyone, it's his thing, it makes him happy. Plenty of people have a fixation on well known people.

Wales-Bales
10-03-23, 23:17
It isn't quite right how he seems so fixated on Ampadu and johnson. Although he doesn't have to justify it to anyone, it's his thing, it makes him happy. Plenty of people have a fixation on well known people.Keep the reactions coming :thumbup:

Tuerto
10-03-23, 23:21
Keep the reactions coming :thumbup:

It's ok, i said as much in my post. You like those two lads, quite a lot judging by how much you follow them. Some people are like it about celebrities etc, a sort of escapism if you like. I get it mate :thumbup:

Wales-Bales
10-03-23, 23:31
It's ok, i said as much in my post. You like those two lads, quite a lot judging by how much you follow them. Some people are like it about celebrities etc, a sort of escapism if you like. I get it mate :thumbup:
I don't like anybody. I just watch football matches and I'm interested to see if any of the young players who I predict to come good actually make it, so they can replace the old guard. We are in a precarious position right now, and we need more than Ampadu and Johnson to come through ranks. I quite like watching Wales playing in major tournaments, and I hope out little run of success isn't over just yet.

Tuerto
10-03-23, 23:44
I don't like anybody. I just watch football matches and I'm interested to see if any of the young players who I predict to come good actually make it, so they can replace the old guard. We are in a precarious position right now, and we need more than Ampadu and Johnson to come through ranks. I quite like watching Wales playing in major tournaments, and I hope out little run of success isn't over just yet.

You don't have to justify anything mate, we're all different, we all like different things, i get it, it's fine. :thumbup:

Wales-Bales
10-03-23, 23:53
You don't have to justify anything mate, we're all different, we all like different things, i get it, it's fine. :thumbup:Thanks, I respect your opinion, and at the end of the day we are both failed football players, so we have that in common :biggrin:

Tuerto
10-03-23, 23:55
Thanks, I respect your opinion, and at the end of the day we are both failed football players, so we have that in common :biggrin:

I didn't even fail spectacularly.... :hehe:

dembethewarrior
11-03-23, 06:31

Darcy Blake had Rooney in his pocket.

dembethewarrior
11-03-23, 06:34
Thanks, I respect your opinion, and at the end of the day we are both failed football players, so we have that in common :biggrin:

Oh **** it if we're all making shit up I was on the books at Barca but decided it wasn't for me as they wouldn't let me post on ccmb

Wales-Bales
11-03-23, 12:44
Oh **** it if we're all making shit up I was on the books at Barca but decided it wasn't for me as they wouldn't let me post on ccmbIt must be terrible having had no life experiences and being reduced to sniping on a football message board. Very sad :biggrin:

dembethewarrior
11-03-23, 15:14
It must be terrible having had no life experiences and being reduced to sniping on a football message board. Very sad :biggrin:

Who are you then? Old footballer my arse.

Wales-Bales
11-03-23, 16:58
Who are you then? Old footballer my arse.
Never said I was.

dembethewarrior
11-03-23, 18:53
Never said I was.
You are a failed footballer aren't you.

And you're old aren't you?

Old failed footballer.

cyril evans awaydays
12-03-23, 09:10
Brennan has come off with a groin strain; we don't know how bad it is yet, we'll see how he is in the next day or two.

Bad news for the forthcoming internationals

dembethewarrior
12-03-23, 09:35
Brennan has come off with a groin strain; we don't know how bad it is yet, we'll see how he is in the next day or two.

Bad news for the forthcoming internationals

Danger is, what is WB going to do with his 90 minutes spare a week now he's not watching Johnson. Make another 16 accounts?

cyril evans awaydays
12-03-23, 09:49
Danger is, what is WB going to do with his 90 minutes spare a week now he's not watching Johnson. Make another 16 accounts?

My guess is activate 16 accounts he registered previously pretending that they are long term lurkers but you could be right.

dembethewarrior
12-03-23, 09:50
My guess is activate 16 accounts he registered previously pretending that they are long term lurkers but you could be right.

I lose track. Is this still Roathie?